http://gamingtrend.com
December 22, 2014, 01:45:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1,000 Iraqis feared dead... no bombs involved.  (Read 663 times)
mytocles
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: August 31, 2005, 03:21:00 PM »

They don't even need bombs anymore...

1,000 Iraqis feared dead in stampede on bridge during a religious march - from a rumor of a possible suicide bomber:

http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20050826144809990012

a terrorist spread a rumour there was a suicide bomber in the crowd.

:cry:

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2005, 03:21:54 PM »

My God....when will it end.  Sigh...I want my friends to come home.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2005, 02:12:10 AM »

My cousin is leaving for Iraq in 3 weeks.  I'm proud of him for going, but will be freaking out every day he's gone.  frown

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2005, 02:50:59 AM »

Man, what a damn travesty. People just trying to pray-and of the same religion as the terrorists-and they are targeted with this. What an incredible shame. I hope we all think of what a disaster this is for the people over there  with all that is going on here.
VynlSol

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2005, 04:26:10 AM »

"I'd like to teach the world to sing, in perfect harmony"

Unfortunately there's a lot of assholes out there who'd interfere with the teaching process, and I'm not a very good teacher anyway.

What does that mean? I have no idea, but I do know that my son-in-law returned from Iraq the middle of January this year. He had served two extended-extended tours over their, and being the victim of a roadside bomb was his ticket home. He has a nice chunk of shrapnel in his neck that he gets to carry around for the rest of his life as a reminder of his time in Iraq. His Purple Heart ceremony almost made me cry.

The following month my grandfather passed away. He was a veteran of the European theatre in WWII.

His funeral included Military Funeral Honors,with a real-live bugler(!). The bugler was playing Taps, and I suddenly realized that not only was my grandfather's body being put into the ground, but three pieces of Nazi shrapnel were being put there too. Shrapnel he had carried with him throughout his life as a reminder of his time in Germany. For the first time since I was a kid, I cried.

I'm very happy that my son-in-law is home.

I wish everyone could say something similar.
unbreakable
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2005, 08:02:34 AM »

I think the whole thing is terribly sad.  Now that the key players in upsetting the political field are gone (mainly Arafat), we really need to get our guys out of there and go catch Osama.  Does anybody think he isnt helping fund attacks on the US?

Saying a withdrawl of our troops is 'running' is so stupid- we already accomplished the two stated objectives- we rid the country of WMD (which was admittedly easy, since they werent there), and we rid the country of Saddam (whether we had a right to or not can be sorted out later).  There is really nothing else to accomplish there.  We just need to let their civil war die out and some order take hold; our troop's presence is not helping the situation in any way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: