http://gamingtrend.com
October 20, 2014, 11:23:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: *Sigh* I lost my little girl last night...  (Read 2559 times)
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: July 21, 2008, 12:26:02 PM »

Unfortunately I lost my female Dalmatian last night.  She was 12 years old and apparently afflicted by the same issues that took her brother not too long ago.  I'm going to try to busy myself with work to try to get all of the E3 stuff posted, but I won't be around in the forums very much for a few days.  I hope you understand.

Thanks all.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 12:32:14 PM »

Sorry to hear about your loss, KD. You've my sympathies.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 12:49:47 PM »

Sorry to hear of your loss KD.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 12:51:07 PM »

My condolences KD.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Jag

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 01:49:30 PM »

So sorry to hear it KD. I'm sure she had a wonderful life. Losing your best friend is never easy.
Arnir

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2008, 01:52:39 PM »

My thoughts and prayers go out to/for you.

If the road home crosses any landscape features that include words like "forgotten," "void," "razorthorn," "shadowmist," or "doom," then I vote that we take a nap first.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2008, 02:24:53 PM »

sorry for your loss Ron  icon_cry

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2008, 02:41:36 PM »

When I was a kid my parents had a Dalmatian named Lady that was my constant companion from the ages of around 3 to 13.  Best, most loving dog a kid could ask for. 

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2008, 03:09:42 PM »

Sorry about your baby KD. frown

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2008, 03:32:05 PM »

Sorry Kd, always hard to deal with
VynlSol

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2008, 03:46:04 PM »

Sorry for your loss.  icon_cry
Godzilla Blitz

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2008, 04:11:46 PM »

Sorry to hear this. My condolences, and hang in there!

kathode

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2008, 06:43:31 PM »

icon_frown

My sympathies.
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2008, 06:47:01 PM »

Jaime and I are terribly sorry about your loss.  I don't look forward to passing on the news to her.  Give our best to your wife and when you both feel up for it we'd like to see you again soon.  Simba and Nala send their condolences as well.  

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2008, 06:48:22 PM »

Sorry to hear about your loss, Ron.  Keep your chin up
tiktokman
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2008, 08:16:22 PM »

I'm sorry man, it's rough.

Take care.
warning

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2008, 08:40:38 PM »

Aw man.  Hate to hear that.  Hang in there Ron.
Enough
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2008, 09:08:06 PM »

So sorry for your loss, my condolences. 

mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2008, 09:57:55 PM »

Oh man, sorry KD.  I have lost several and it kills me every time, and the only thing that gives me any comfort is knowing that they were among the lucky who got to live with and be cared for by someone who truly loved them.  So many never ever know that.  You took care of em well I am sure and let that help you through this. 

Hang in there man.  I feel for ya.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2008, 10:12:21 PM »

Having met Knightshade's dalmatian, this is very sad news.  I knew how much she was loved and cared for, having even had the pleasure of watching her sit gracefully at my wife's feet while she showered her with affection.  I am also upset about having had to put off a visit with Simba and Nala a number of times due to a variety of scheduling conflicts or pet-related emergencies, and so they missed their opportunity to meet her and we never got to experience them all spending some time together.  But upsetting most of all is knowing how this is impacting Knightshade and his wife.  She will be missed by all.  I am at least thankful to have met her and spent some time with her.   

We're here for you.  If you need anything, we're a short drive away (depending on the status of the 101).     

The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2008, 02:52:52 AM »

Well, thanks for reminding me that my female dalmatian is getting up there in years.  She is such a great dog.  Sorry to hear about yours.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2008, 11:04:32 AM »

Sorry for your loss.
I think she came back into the body of a weenie dog puppy and arrived at my house. She is happy. icon_wink

Ye Olde Farte
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2008, 12:39:34 PM »

I'm still trying to process all of this - my wife and I really appreciate the kind words.   If your weenie dog puppie is abnormally a lap dog then that could most certainly be Sasha.  Thanks guys, I mean that.

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2008, 02:49:04 PM »

frown [ I have no words to say; having lost a dog before I can't think of anything that would substitute quiet empathy]

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2008, 03:12:38 PM »

Sorry about your loss of a close friend Ron. My condolences to you and your wife.
kratz

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2008, 03:13:53 PM »

Sorry.  My 11 year old Shepherd is starting to show her age, and it's pretty tough to watch.
DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2008, 03:31:42 PM »

Sorry to hear that Ron, one of the hardest things I have ever gone through was losing a pet.
They truly are a part of the family.

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2008, 04:13:54 PM »

dude, i thought you meant a daughter and my heart stopped for a second.  i'm glad it's not that, but i am sorry to hear about your loss.  even two years after we lost our dog bingo, we still find ourselves missing him and thinking about him pretty much all the time, especially now that our daughter would be old enough to play with him now.  take care of yourself kd.  we'll keep the light on.

Cota
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2008, 10:31:45 PM »

Oh man. I've never known sorrow like that of losing my dog. I feel your pain. I lost my last Rottenweiler just two months ago. It stinks. I'll raise a glass in honor of your dog tonight.

Peace,

-Cota
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2008, 05:40:13 PM »

Quote from: Caine on July 22, 2008, 04:13:54 PM

dude, i thought you meant a daughter and my heart stopped for a second.

Yeah, same happened here! icon_eek

But yes, pets are a part of the family too, and it's not much easier losing one. icon_frown

For some reason lately I've heard of several people's companions passing away, and that makes me sad when I realize how quickly the last couple years have passed, and how my cats are both going to leave me someday. Frank's nearly middle age (right about 4-5 years old, he was abandoned at the vet and adopted by me so we don't know his exact age) and Oliver's already three and a half (where has the time gone?!) and I've had him since he was a baby. Losing them is going to be one of the hardest things I've gone through (I almost lost Oliver last year due to medical emergency and that was a very, very difficult experience).

Our sympathies with you and your wife, Ron!

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2008, 05:56:59 PM »

Quote from: Farscry on July 24, 2008, 05:40:13 PM

For some reason lately I've heard of several people's companions passing away, and that makes me sad when I realize how quickly the last couple years have passed, and how my cats are both going to leave me someday. Frank's nearly middle age (right about 4-5 years old, he was abandoned at the vet and adopted by me so we don't know his exact age) and Oliver's already three and a half (where has the time gone?!) and I've had him since he was a baby. Losing them is going to be one of the hardest things I've gone through (I almost lost Oliver last year due to medical emergency and that was a very, very difficult experience).

I always make it a point to avoid thinking about things like this.  Simba is already over 2 1/2 and Nala already turned 1 recently.  I am amazed at how quickly time flies.  They have been our most loyal companions and I doubt I will ever find another Simba.  Not to say that I don't adore Nala as well, but Simba was the first dog I raised myself from the moment he was separated from his litter.  Simba is affectionate to my wife, but that level of affection goes up 10 notches when I come home from work.  He gets excited when my wife comes downstairs, but he does high-speed doughnuts in the entryway when I do.  He listens to my wife well enough, but his obedience is spot-on when I train with him.  He sits by my side when I watch TV, he naps on the floor next to me when I doze on the couch, he follows me when I take out the trash, he swims with me when we spend the day at a friend's pool, he is my steadfast and most loyal companion.

I once had to deal with the potential loss of Simba when he almost drowned.  I had to pull his limp form from the water and get him to start breathing again.  Once he coughed up the water he had inhaled and was able to breathe again he stumbled over to me and placed his nose up to mine and in his eyes I could see pure fear mixed with relief.  He stared into my eyes and gave me a look that said, "Holy hell, Dad, I'm not sure what just happened but please don't let anything like that happen to me again."

I fear the day that I lose Simba as I think I may never recover.  I can only imagine what Knightshade and his wife are going through.  But I refuse to consider the impending loss of Simba and Nala because my heart just can't take it. 

Sasha will be greatly missed.

Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2008, 08:31:32 PM »

Damn it to hell....I had an interview today for a supervisor position and my bosses boss asked about my previous hobbies - martial arts, the website, and my dogs.  I damned near broke down during my interview.  I had to stop for a second and choke back to stop from crying during my damned interview.  The timing couldn't have been worse.  *sigh*

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Jag

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2008, 08:41:53 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on July 24, 2008, 08:31:32 PM

Damn it to hell....I had an interview today for a supervisor position and my bosses boss asked about my previous hobbies - martial arts, the website, and my dogs.  I damned near broke down during my interview.  I had to stop for a second and choke back to stop from crying during my damned interview.  The timing couldn't have been worse.  *sigh*

If the person was a dog (or animal) lover, the emotion you showed was a huge positive in your favor. My boss (the CEO) is PeteRockian in his devotion to his dogs. He probably would have hired you on the spot. You would be surprised how things you perceive to be negative actually set you apart from the pack.
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2008, 08:45:30 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on July 24, 2008, 08:31:32 PM

In a situation like this, as long as the interviewer is even at least partially human, odds are they can understand your grief and focus more on the technical aspects of your interview.  Pain from your loss is understandably still fresh.  Passion and emotion, about anything, shows that you are capable of being passionate about the position you are interested in.  But, if they are looking for a talking monkey, yeah, a talking monkey that came here from the future, ugly sucker, only says "ficus", or a cold, emotionless robot that is dead inside (my wife has called me this when a fish dies and during her moment of grieving I express emotion, not over the loss of fish, but over the loss of money invested in the fish), then you aren't their guy.  

Best of luck on the position.  I doubt your emotions will be the deciding factor.  Emotions only become an issue during an interview if they lead to you standing up, unzipping your fly, and peeing in the interviewer's coffee cup out of pure disgust with how the interview is going.  I'd say you're still in pretty good shape.

Eel Snave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2008, 08:54:24 PM »

Quote from: Jag on July 24, 2008, 08:41:53 PM

...set you apart from the pack.

I know this is bad timing, but I can't help but smile at that.

I've had a bunch of pets, and it's never easy losing one.  I still get misty over my cat Claude, and he died almost 10 years ago.  Hang in there.
Bulletpig

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2008, 04:43:26 AM »

Ron sorry to hear about your dog.

My wife's grandfather went into a nursing home in May of 2007.  He asked us to take care of his dog Cuddles.

It was tough having a third dog but over she wasn't too much trouble.

The wife and I got home from work last night.  We let the three dogs outside like normal and after that we were watching TV.  My wife got up to get something to drink and found Cuddles on the kitchen floor.  Best we could figure was a heartattack or something.  She had been fine and just got all her shots last month.  We were pretty shook up last night and still feel pretty bad.  She was 14 years old but it was heartbreaking having to tell her grandfather that Cuddles was gone.  He took it pretty well though considering.

Anyway not to ramble on but again sorry to hear about your loss.

Take care,
Pig
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2008, 12:51:57 PM »

Quote from: Bulletpig on July 25, 2008, 04:43:26 AM

Ron sorry to hear about your dog.

My wife's grandfather went into a nursing home in May of 2007.  He asked us to take care of his dog Cuddles.

It was tough having a third dog but over she wasn't too much trouble.

The wife and I got home from work last night.  We let the three dogs outside like normal and after that we were watching TV.  My wife got up to get something to drink and found Cuddles on the kitchen floor.  Best we could figure was a heartattack or something.  She had been fine and just got all her shots last month.  We were pretty shook up last night and still feel pretty bad.  She was 14 years old but it was heartbreaking having to tell her grandfather that Cuddles was gone.  He took it pretty well though considering.

Anyway not to ramble on but again sorry to hear about your loss.

Take care,
Pig

Aww hell, that really sucks man.  frown  I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather's pup.  If ever I have to go into a nursing home, it better allow pets!

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: