http://gamingtrend.com
August 02, 2014, 03:03:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [WW]GTville 3 - GAME is CALLED due to work  (Read 7635 times)
rickfc
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #400 on: August 09, 2010, 05:28:31 PM »

Quote from: Qantaga on August 09, 2010, 05:25:32 PM

Oh, and I don't think it's a surprise to anyone that I am well and truly the Seer.

Had the game gone into the night cycle, you wouldn't have been well.  Tongue
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: August 09, 2010, 05:31:48 PM »

BTW, the secret to my pastry filling (NSFW)

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: August 09, 2010, 05:35:38 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 09, 2010, 05:31:48 PM

I'm glad I died early on and didn't get to try any...
DarkEL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #403 on: August 09, 2010, 06:19:29 PM »

Oh, and I don't think it's a surprise to anyone that I am well and truly the Seer.

And you would have tasted so yummy tonight.
Bulletpig

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: August 09, 2010, 07:02:01 PM »

Quote from: DarkEL on August 09, 2010, 06:19:29 PM

And you would have tasted so yummy tonight.

This a wolf comment?
DarkEL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #405 on: August 09, 2010, 07:15:16 PM »

yes - my strategy for the next few days was going to be the following:

7v 1w majority is 5
  lynch Bulletpig
  kill Qan

5v 1w majority is 4
  lynch Ceekay  (convince moliere, raven jaydee and/or scuba)
  kill scuba

3v 1w majority is 3
  lynch Raven  (convince moliere, jaydee)
  Kill Jaydee

I win

With the exception of possibly swapping Moliere into one of the next two days of lynching based on how suspicious everyone became of him.

Figured that i was playing well enough that I would have had a bit more doubt cast against me in the next day of lynching but that I would be spared.

Which means it would have all come down to the last day of gameplay to determine if i was going to win or not. Hence why I was killing all the known villagers except for Raven.

That way I could try and cast more doubt on whether he might really be a wolf in disguise since it would have been easy to fake if he had eaten the priest on day 1.  But would do it gently and be ready to vote against molliere (who's had a fair amount of suspicion in the game as well) if the winds were going to blow that way.
Bulletpig

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: August 09, 2010, 07:23:08 PM »

As usual my gut was way off LOL

rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 09, 2010, 07:24:02 PM »

Lynch DarkEl

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
DarkEL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #408 on: August 09, 2010, 07:26:07 PM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on August 09, 2010, 07:24:02 PM

Lynch DarkEl

Oh look my very first lynching vote in the whole game....

How cute   

Arooooo!
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: August 09, 2010, 07:27:21 PM »

Oh and Soulchilde,  thanks for running this thing.  Sorry that rl got in the way and I hope things on that front go well for you.

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: August 09, 2010, 07:30:00 PM »

You would have had at least one vote the next day  Tongue. I'm surprised the suicide attempt to ward off votes actually worked.

Because I can,
Einsteinium

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: August 09, 2010, 07:34:10 PM »

Boo! CeeKay, your spooooky cracker barrel is ready Boo!
DarkEL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #412 on: August 09, 2010, 07:36:09 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 09, 2010, 07:30:00 PM

You would have had at least one vote the next day  Tongue. I'm surprised the suicide attempt to ward off votes actually worked.

Yeah I figured i had to be due for someone to vote for me the next day. But figured you would have been the easy lynch for that day.

My original plan after rick was killed had you being lynched today and bulletpig tomorrow. I was pretty surprised that Raven tipped the scales in your favor at the last minute.
Einsteinium

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: August 09, 2010, 07:40:37 PM »

Why me? Any specific strategy, or just random bad luck?

Kinda curious.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: August 09, 2010, 07:52:37 PM »

I bribed them with dog biscuits.

Because I can,
Einsteinium

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: August 09, 2010, 09:29:08 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 09, 2010, 07:52:37 PM

I bribed them with dog biscuits.

That does seem better than free bung-hole lubrication with any barrel purchase. Damn.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: August 09, 2010, 09:39:38 PM »

My original plan after rick was killed had you being lynched today and bulletpig tomorrow. I was pretty surprised that Raven tipped the scales in your favor at the last minute.

I was surprised at that too. I was going to switch at the last second to you, which would have knocked me down one vote but I didn't have to do anything.

Because I can,
ScubaV

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: August 09, 2010, 11:06:54 PM »

After bulletpig I was going to target CeeKay next.  I figured I'd die the next night since I was much more vocal than Jaydee.  If I had lived I don't know who I would've picked between DarkEL and Moliere.  Qan was making me lean away from Moliere and DarkEL just seemed vaguely slimey the whole game, but nothing I could put a finger on.

I have absolute faith in the power of people to be stupid.

My vision is augmented.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: August 09, 2010, 11:27:03 PM »

yeah, Qan was being the wolves best friend there with his passive aggressive write ups  Tongue

Because I can,
Qantaga

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: August 09, 2010, 11:42:52 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 09, 2010, 11:27:03 PM

yeah, Qan was being the wolves best friend there with his passive aggressive write ups  Tongue

Passive agressive when it came to you paleface. smile

I had been pretty consistent in saying that I thought Bulletpig and Moliere were less likely to be wolves.

I'm just getting home now, but I do have a few post-game thoughts I'll put up in a hour or so.

Xbox Live: Sukaro
PSN: Suroka

Until I die I'll sing these songs on the shores of Babylon
Still looking for a home in a world where I belong

~Switchfoot
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: August 09, 2010, 11:45:46 PM »

you're just upset I cast the vote that got you violated with a vuvuzela last game  Tongue

Because I can,
Qantaga

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: August 10, 2010, 12:12:23 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 09, 2010, 11:45:46 PM

you're just upset I cast the vote that got you violated with a vuvuzela last game  Tongue

That might have clouded my judgement just a bit. smile

~Switchfoot
Qantaga

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: August 10, 2010, 12:58:35 AM »

First off, very nicely played DarkEl! The only reason I started becoming suspicious of you near the end was not due to anything you had given away, but because I didn't like the odds of Bulletpig and Moliere being wolves. Plus, by the time I could have started actively voicing any suspicions of you, I would have been dead. smile

I'd like to think that my fellow villagers would have rooted out your evil before the end, but you had a very good chance of winning.

There was one critical moment for me in the game. When it was time to send in my scan, after rickfc had been lynched, I had narrowed it down to three candidates; ScubaV, CeeKay, and DarkEl. DarkEl had one masterstoke that blinded me to his wolfiness. He had cast a vote for me, then retracted it after my rebuttal. Then, he said:

Quote from: DarkEL on August 04, 2010, 11:06:24 PM

well fuck - I thought that was going to be my big moment of brilliance to have caught a wolf.

He said that before I came out as the Seer, but after I knew that rickfc was a werewolf. I was so focused on what to do about rickfc that the timing of DarkEl's comment, and the way he said it, struck me as genuine. That one comment removed him from my final list to scan that night. Very nicely done!

As for why I scanned ScubaV that night. After I had already revealed rickfc as a wolf, but before he had self-lynched, ScubaV said this:

Quote from: ScubaV on August 05, 2010, 02:39:24 PM

the hunter must protect ravenvii not Qantaga

That stuck me as a wolf-like comment. He had made a very good analysis of the situation, but that seemed too convenient to me of how a wolf might try to keep me from being protected, so he could kill me that night. Of course, he was just exploring the possibilities, but in the end that's what convinced me to scan ScubaV instead of CeeKay or DarkEl. The other contributing factor was because ScubaV had been doing such a good job analyzing the game. I figured that, if I scanned him and he turned out to be innocent, that he would do a good job fighting for the village's survival, and I was happy with that because he certainly played a great game.

I was suspicious of CeeKay because he had seemed hesitant of my initial claim of rickfc's wolfhood and was even throwing out comments to lynch me first, instead of rickfc.

As for:

Quote from: DarkEL on August 09, 2010, 07:36:09 PM

That surprised me as well. Although, that would have been a bad thing for you. I was planning on making a very strong plea to JayDee, ScubaV, and ravenvii for Bulletpig's innocence, if CeeKay was lynched and proven innocent. That would have left Moliere and you for the last two lynches. Of course, I would have been dead the next day and you would have had every opportunity to sway them with your silver wolf tongue. smile

But, then:

Quote from: CeeKay on August 09, 2010, 09:39:38 PM

I was surprised at that too. I was going to switch at the last second to you, which would have knocked me down one vote but I didn't have to do anything.

CeeKay would have saved himself at the last second and killed Bulletpig anyway, so I never would have made that argument, after all. smile

CeeKay, you dog (slywink), you had me convinced that you had given up on the game. As I said, you were my top suspect that day, but if you would have argued for your innocence or accused someone else, my passive aggressiveness might have caused me to see your innocence again. smile

All in all, it was a very fun game and I thought everyone played well. Thanks for a fun time all.

~Switchfoot
DarkEL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #423 on: August 10, 2010, 02:24:16 AM »

Quote from: ScubaV on August 09, 2010, 11:06:54 PM

DarkEL just seemed vaguely slimey the whole game, but nothing I could put a finger on.

Hey now!! Sticks and stones....

Tongue
DarkEL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #424 on: August 10, 2010, 02:43:33 AM »

Quote from: Qantaga on August 10, 2010, 12:58:35 AM

First off, very nicely played DarkEl!

Thanks - my strategy was to play normal and look for anyone acting suspicious (even if was my packmate). The hope being that it would help me find the specials. Of course then the game took a really odd turn when the priest and the hunter came out on the first day.

Once you came out as the seer - I really was going to vote for RickFC but I was screwed by my busy day (really was telling the truth). At that point I thought for sure that the game was lost as I was so outnumbered. It wasn't until Raven's strange timing for revealing a scan and soulchilde not coming to his rescue that I started getting a glimmer of hope that I might be able to survive. I think if the game had been moving faster at the point, i might have been able to win - unfortunately once the game slowed down I knew it was giving everyone more time to convince the village that Raven wasn't a wolf.

The strategy I listed was really the only way I could see myself winning. I really think it was going to come down to the last day and a close vote to determine if i would win or be lynched and I knew there was no way I could avoid heavy suspicion by that point.  I was planning on being very passionate about being a villager that day.

But oh well - such is life. It was fun for my first time being a wolf. Thanks everyone.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: