http://gamingtrend.com
October 23, 2014, 01:01:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [WW] The GTVille Horror V: Lycanthropic Boogaloo - GAME OVER  (Read 9793 times)
newcastle
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 09, 2010, 06:05:04 PM »

Quote from: Bulletpig on September 09, 2010, 06:00:34 PM

Quote from: newcastle on September 09, 2010, 05:48:18 PM

4. isgrinmur & bulletpig have me a sconch worried, since thats prime wolf sliding on a bandwagon territory...actually from bulletpig to envy 24...3-5 that's prime wolf hopping on a bandwagon territory...look in there for a lycan.

To me you were caught by CeeKay and the excuse of "just doing it to see who is paying attention" just doesn't fly with me.  I fully believe you were doing it to confuse the group.

actually it was because it was fun, but also see who was paying attention!

anywho...good luck!
i got my hearts desired and got lynched...no wto figure out who to take with me!
newcastle

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 09, 2010, 06:05:55 PM »

Quote from: newcastle on September 09, 2010, 06:05:04 PM

actually it was because it was fun, but also see who was paying attention!

anywho...good luck!
i got my hearts desired and got lynched...no wto figure out who to take with me!

ps look at this.... icon_biggrin icon_wink

after i am dead
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 09, 2010, 06:06:29 PM »

On anothe note Bulletpig, if you look at the time stamps on my post and his quote there is just shy of a minutes time between his post and my screenshot. Not quite enough time to take the pic, change the avatars, save and upload it with the post.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Bulletpig

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 09, 2010, 06:07:33 PM »

I hope this doesn't me he is that bezerko f@#$ing thing.

ninja
newcastle

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 09, 2010, 06:08:04 PM »

in all seriousness i was trying to get lynched, and i not the 'zerker, though it's fun saying that..but i dont want the hunter to waste his shot on me...there is actually a reason i wanted to get lynched today, and i will explain post-game.

Anywho, good luck, and seriously take a look at envy24. i think he's bloodthirsty, and moliere also has me a smidgen worried.

Also, i am just an innocent, you didn't lose anything with me getting lynched.
Bulletpig

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: September 09, 2010, 06:09:02 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 09, 2010, 06:06:29 PM

On anothe note Bulletpig, if you look at the time stamps on my post and his quote there is just shy of a minutes time between his post and my screenshot. Not quite enough time to take the pic, change the avatars, save and upload it with the post.

I hadn't looked that close yet.  Like I said, it was just a small concern.  That is why I waited to see what his reply was to it.
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 09, 2010, 06:10:26 PM »

newcastle (7) : CeeKay, rickfc, Bulletpig, Isgrimnur, envy24, ravenvii, Moliere
Isgrimnur (2): newcastle, Cragmyre
CeeKay (1) : rshetts2

Not yet voted: theohall, Qantaga

Majority is seven.

newcastle has reached majority.

VOTING IS CLOSED.
newcastle

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 09, 2010, 06:11:56 PM »

and please, i wouldnt be so obvious if i wanted to confuse the group! I am a much better wolf than that.
envy24

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 09, 2010, 06:13:45 PM »

Quote from: newcastle on September 09, 2010, 06:11:56 PM

and please, i wouldnt be so obvious if i wanted to confuse the group! I am a much better wolf than that.

or you are the zerker and since the hunter had a successful protect last night you figure to even the odds alittle by getting yourself lynched and taking a villager down during the day and have the other two wolves get the night kill tonight.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 09, 2010, 06:14:52 PM »

Making a spectacle out of yourself does little to help the cause.  The wolves, seeing a loon, can just as easily help vote the wounded duck off the island as let the rest of the village do it.  So I fail to see how all of your machinations and gyrations are supposed to help us.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

Quote from: McBa1n
http://www.vuvuzela.fm BVVVVVVVVVVVRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Bulletpig

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 09, 2010, 06:16:31 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on September 09, 2010, 06:14:52 PM

Making a spectacle out of yourself does little to help the cause.  The wolves, seeing a loon, can just as easily help vote the wounded duck off the island as let the rest of the village do it.  So I fail to see how all of your machinations and gyrations are supposed to help us.

Holy shit, how long you been waiting to say "machinations and gyrations" in a sentence...

LOL Tongue
newcastle

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 09, 2010, 06:16:55 PM »

uhm i wanted to get lynched, and there is a meta reason for that!

/queue dramatic music
newcastle

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 09, 2010, 06:18:35 PM »

yeah isgrinmur (or sir surly) is probably a wolf also!
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 09, 2010, 06:24:39 PM »

"Threat matrix! Threat matrix! We need a threat matrix!" newcastle shouts over and over again. "We need to be rational about this! We've already lost one villager."

"Please stop," Moliere begs. "How much caffeine have you had anyway?"

The village was gathered at the main square. Relieved at having survived the night, and liking the idea of remaining alive, the villagers were eager to send someone to the gallows. A few villagers were putting the finishing touches on a newly constructed gallows.

"We need to make sure the noose can hold the weight," rickfc says. "Nothing more embarrassing than having our daily lynch target survive. Makes for an awkward friendship and all that."

"We also have to make sure it fits around their head," newcastle chimes in helpfully. "Here, let me try."

newcastle walks over to the noose and slips it loosely around his neck. "See, fits perfectly! This will do just fine. Yes, just fine indeed. Anyway, as I was trying to explain earlier a threat matrix is proven to be extremely effective at..."

"OOPS!" a voice shouts. It's Moliere. He has made an overdramatic show of tripping over his feet and landing on the lever that controls the trapdoor on the floor of the gallows. newcastle drops suddenly, the noose catches him around the neck and tightens, cutting off his airflow. His face turns blue, he makes a few feeble gasping noises, and soon his body hangs there lifelessly.

The village waits.

The air remains still. The sky remains cloudless. In fact, nothing out of the ordinary occurs for a long time.

"I think we just did it again," CeeKay says. "newcastle was indeed an innocent villager!"

Devastated at having killed another one of their own, the village heads back to their huts for another night. Would they be so lucky again as to wake up in the morning in one piece?

It is night.

Hunter, who will you protect?
Wolves, who will you eat?
Seer, who will you scan?
Priest, which dead body will you investigate (again, only one choice).

« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 06:26:58 PM by JayDee » Logged
envy24

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 09, 2010, 06:27:59 PM »

./facepalm
Bulletpig

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 09, 2010, 06:31:30 PM »

That was a tough one.  Newcastle started slow and that caught my interest.  Then with the strange activity today I thought forsure he was full of it.

Oh well, he said he wanted to get lynch.  "Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men."

disgust
theohall

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 09, 2010, 07:02:03 PM »

Well that sucks.  Get one post in from my phone, do not even get to vote, and you all lynch a villager.  Great!  Now, I will probably get labeled as a wolf, because of my "posting" habits.

To reiterate what was stated when this all started - No Gaming Trend at work, unless I can sneak outside with my phone, and I work 10 hour days.  So very little posting, or even reading Gt, during the day, on most weekdays.  Got off work early today, so actually hoped to see some discussion.  Instead, it looks like we villagers (although not me this time) are throwing this game to the Wolves, instead of discussing, interacting, and trying to really find the the wolves.   Roll Eyes
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 09, 2010, 07:07:06 PM »

Quote from: Bulletpig on September 09, 2010, 06:16:31 PM

Making a spectacle out of yourself does little to help the cause.  The wolves, seeing a loon, can just as easily help vote the wounded duck off the island as let the rest of the village do it.  So I fail to see how all of your machinations and gyrations are supposed to help us.

Holy shit, how long you been waiting to say "machinations and gyrations" in a sentence...

LOL Tongue

Honestly, it didn't even factor into my thought processes.  When I read your post, I had to scan back up to see to whom you were referring. 

Bulletpig

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 09, 2010, 07:09:24 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on September 09, 2010, 07:07:06 PM

Honestly, it didn't even factor into my thought processes.  When I read your post, I had to scan back up to see to whom you were referring. 

Just not used to all that fancey book learning.  icon_biggrin
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 09, 2010, 07:11:33 PM »

I borrowed $35k to learn all those big words!  By Aristotle, I'm going to use them!  biggrin

Bulletpig

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: September 09, 2010, 07:12:39 PM »

Quote from: theohall on September 09, 2010, 07:02:03 PM

Well that sucks.  Get one post in from my phone, do not even get to vote, and you all lynch a villager.  Great!  Now, I will probably get labeled as a wolf, because of my "posting" habits.

To reiterate what was stated when this all started - No Gaming Trend at work, unless I can sneak outside with my phone, and I work 10 hour days.  So very little posting, or even reading Gt, during the day, on most weekdays.  Got off work early today, so actually hoped to see some discussion.  Instead, it looks like we villagers (although not me this time) are throwing this game to the Wolves, instead of discussing, interacting, and trying to really find the the wolves.   Roll Eyes

How did we not discuss and interact?  I don't see that we are just throwing this game to the Wolves.  Hell, newcastle got lynched on purpose, what were we suppose to do just ignore him?  Then how bad would it look if he was a wolf and completely played us.

Glad you are off work though.  What are your thoughts so far and who are your top suspects?
theohall

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 09, 2010, 07:16:37 PM »

New threat matrix - which might change depending on what the wolves do..

This is in alphabetical order - no particular preference.

Bulletpig
CeeKay
envy24
Isgrimnur
Moliere
ravenvii
rickfc

My guess is two of the three wolves are in this group.  When making a quick lynch, like today, which side does it serve?  The villagers or the Wolves?  Clearly, the Wolves, unless the villagers are playing an idiotic game of "reducing the pool" so their specials can find wolves easier, or something.   Why does it favor the wolves?  The quicker the game moves, the less information we villagers gather on our village, providing less opportunity for a wolf to make an error when posting, and providing less information for the Seer/Hunter to pick targets.  Sure, it helps the Priest giving him dead guys to scan, but when they aren't wolves, it only furthers the wolves goal - to simply reduce the villages population.  Hopefully, tomorrow will not be the rush to lynch-ville that happened today.
theohall

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 09, 2010, 07:22:01 PM »

Quote from: Bulletpig on September 09, 2010, 07:12:39 PM

How did we not discuss and interact?  I don't see that we are just throwing this game to the Wolves.  Hell, newcastle got lynched on purpose, what were we suppose to do just ignore him?  Then how bad would it look if he was a wolf and completely played us.

Did the entire village get to interact or only the folks who post in the day-time?  I need to go re-read today's posts but most of them are CeeKay, you, and newcastle, with a few from envy24, and very little from everyone else. 

Someone volunteering to get lynched is not trying to help the village and, in most cases, is not going to be a wolf.  Were he a wolf and had to leave the game for "meta" reasons, the other wolves would have him play the silent type and pm him if they needed him to post something.  I know, this was unknown to everyone before he received the final vote, but it would have been nice to actually have the chance to comment on a potential lynching.

A recent game on OO featured something like this where no one listened to the guy who kept saying - slow down.  I was one of the non-listeners.  The wolves won.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 09, 2010, 07:36:18 PM »

Quote from: theohall on September 09, 2010, 07:22:01 PM

Did the entire village get to interact or only the folks who post in the day-time?  I need to go re-read today's posts but most of them are CeeKay, you, and newcastle, with a few from envy24, and very little from everyone else. 

Someone volunteering to get lynched is not trying to help the village and, in most cases, is not going to be a wolf.  Were he a wolf and had to leave the game for "meta" reasons, the other wolves would have him play the silent type and pm him if they needed him to post something.  I know, this was unknown to everyone before he received the final vote, but it would have been nice to actually have the chance to comment on a potential lynching.

A recent game on OO featured something like this where no one listened to the guy who kept saying - slow down.  I was one of the non-listeners.  The wolves won.

he got lynched, so at least 8 people were active today.  that's the one catch with these games, they're time intensive so don't feel too put out if something happens and you're not able to participate.

Because I can,
theohall

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 09, 2010, 07:42:12 PM »

Posts by member after Night One up to and including final vote on Newcastle

1. rshetts2 (1)
2. rickfc (3)
3. Moliere (4)
4. Qantaga (2)
5. Isgrimnur (2)
6. Bulletpig (4)
7. Soulchilde - lynched villager
8. envy24 (9)
9. Cragmyre (3)
10. CeeKay (Cool
11. theohall (0)
12. newcastle (15)
13. ravenvii (1)

Only 3 posts between the N-1 vote and the lynch vote

52 posts total.  % of conversation by poster
29% the victim - Newcastle.
17% envy 24
15% CeeKay

Note - this is 61% of the conversation in a village of 12 people

This is not the village discussing what should happen.  This is 3 villagers dominating the conversation while the rest of us attempt to discuss things when able.  It only took 52 total posts to get someone lynched?  And it is only Day Two?  Why the hurry?

Thus the reason for my suspect list being the lynchers.
theohall

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 09, 2010, 07:43:08 PM »

Quote from: theohall on September 09, 2010, 07:42:12 PM

Posts by member after Night One up to and including final vote on Newcastle

1. rshetts2 (1)
2. rickfc (3)
3. Moliere (4)
4. Qantaga (2)
5. Isgrimnur (2)
6. Bulletpig (4)
7. Soulchilde - lynched villager
8. envy24 (9)
9. Cragmyre (3)
10. CeeKay (8 posts)
11. theohall (0)
12. newcastle (15)
13. ravenvii (1)

Only 3 posts between the N-1 vote and the lynch vote

52 posts total.  % of conversation by poster
29% the victim - Newcastle.
17% envy 24
15% CeeKay

Note - this is 61% of the conversation in a village of 12 people

This is not the village discussing what should happen.  This is 3 villagers dominating the conversation while the rest of us attempt to discuss things when able.  It only took 52 total posts to get someone lynched?  And it is only Day Two?  Why the hurry?

Thus the reason for my suspect list being the lynchers.

Correcting CeeKay's post number to the smilie thing.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 09, 2010, 07:45:42 PM »

man, I thought you was saying I'm cool  crybaby

Because I can,
theohall

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 09, 2010, 07:46:10 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 09, 2010, 07:36:18 PM

Quote from: theohall on September 09, 2010, 07:22:01 PM

he got lynched, so at least 8 people were active today.  that's the one catch with these games, they're time intensive so don't feel too put out if something happens and you're not able to participate.

Not put out CeeKay... I just don't want to lose to the wolves, because the rest of you are in a hurry to lynch someone.  I know, my posts sound like I am put out - and I know these are time intensive.  Have been playing on OO for awhile now.  This just seemed like a very hurried vote and it is odd for a vote to happen this quickly when there is next to nothing to go on.  Later - when someone has hard info - yeah, it is expected to go more quickly.
Qantaga

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 09, 2010, 07:49:01 PM »

Wow.

No one can ever accuse this village of being indecisive. smile

I checked in at lunch today (about 4 hours ago). There was one vote on CeeKay, one on theohall, and one on newcastle. I go into a meeting in beautiful, downtown Millen, GA and come out to find newcastle has been lynched.   

I've got a couple of pages of reading to do to catch up.

In my last game (the one I hosted), it took 10 days to get 2 lynches. This game, we've lynched 2 in less than 24 hours.

Speed Chess, baby. smile

It's definitely exciting, but we better get a wolf on the next lynch or we'll be in trouble. frown

Xbox Live: Sukaro
PSN: Suroka

Until I die I'll sing these songs on the shores of Babylon
Still looking for a home in a world where I belong

~Switchfoot
theohall

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 09, 2010, 07:51:00 PM »

Quote from: Qantaga on September 09, 2010, 07:49:01 PM

Wow.

No one can ever accuse this village of being indecisive. smile

I checked in at lunch today (about 4 hours ago). There was one vote on CeeKay, one on theohall, and one on newcastle. I go into a meeting in beautiful, downtown Millen, GA and come out to find newcastle has been lynched.   

I've got a couple of pages of reading to do to catch up.

In my last game (the one I hosted), it took 10 days to get 2 lynches. This game, we've lynched 2 in less than 24 hours.

Speed Chess, baby. smile

It's definitely exciting, but we better get a wolf on the next lynch or we'll be in trouble. frown

We'd also better hope we haven't offed any of our specials and the wolves don't hit one tonight.
Bulletpig

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 09, 2010, 08:15:04 PM »

I understand better where your coming from theohall.

I still think though with newcastle having a deathwish, we would have ended up at the same result even if it took longer.

Oh well there is always tomorrow LOL  icon_biggrin
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 09, 2010, 08:33:06 PM »

Of course now w know when the best time to lynch theohall is  icon_twisted

I'M KIDDING!

Unless he is found out to be a wolf.

Because I can,
theohall

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 09, 2010, 08:40:36 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 09, 2010, 08:33:06 PM

Of course now w know when the best time to lynch theohall is  icon_twisted

I'M KIDDING!

Unless he is found out to be a wolf.

smile  No worries.  We all know you are the toothy one.  We will find out tomorrow, since wolves don't kill each other at night.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 09, 2010, 08:40:53 PM »

It's been done before. I'm pretty sure that theohall got lynched while at work specifically because of his work schedule. Of course, he was actually a wolf as I recall.

rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 09, 2010, 08:41:19 PM »

Well we sure seem to be stringin em up in record time here!  I had work going while the lynch train went a chuggin along.  I got the opportunity to throw a comment out during a break but was unable to post while the Newcastle Express whent flying thru the station. Reading up on the posts, Im not sure that anything would have kept Newcastle from being lynched as it seemed that its what he wanted from the beginning.  I am disappointed that he chose that route, because it hindered our chance to take out a wolf and no matter how you want to paint it, throwing that chance away is a dis-service to the remaining villagers, regardless of wether you were not a  "special" .    With 3 wolves out there we had a tough ratio to begin with, throwing yourself under the bus only worsens that ratio.  Oh well, it is what it is.

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
theohall

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: September 09, 2010, 08:41:55 PM »

A bad guy hunter to be precise.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 09, 2010, 08:44:22 PM »

Quote from: theohall on September 09, 2010, 08:40:36 PM

We will find out tomorrow, since wolves don't kill each other at night.

so if you survive the night?

Because I can,
theohall

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 09, 2010, 08:53:39 PM »

Heck, if they take me out, the villagers are still coming after you.  I do not see how you are going to avoid that one.
envy24

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 09, 2010, 09:00:21 PM »

rick was very active and has suddenly go rather quiet...maybe we should look at him as a possible wolf as well
envy24

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 09, 2010, 09:01:49 PM »

suddenly gone*
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: