http://gamingtrend.com
April 19, 2014, 08:22:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 37   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [WW] GTville VI: Bloodlust GAME OVER - VILLAGERS WIN  (Read 20910 times)
JayDee
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #840 on: September 29, 2010, 08:39:41 PM »

I've been saying not to lynch Scoop for a number of posts and yet people cast their votes for him anyway. newcastle shows up and offers a couple of lines and suddenly people start to listen.

Why do I even bother?  icon_wink
newcastle

View Profile
« Reply #841 on: September 29, 2010, 08:39:42 PM »

I guess what we do know...

the vamps havent hooked up yet.

we know team wolf is down 1 player...

we in all likelihood lost a special in scrapper (seer? hunter? undertaker?)
-if he was the seer would he have come out against scoop or stayed hidden
-if he was the hunter, would he not reveal due to wanting to strike another protection
-the undertaker, while informative is not vital

if anything i am assuming he was a hunter with a sucessful wolf protection...since he said he was close to figuring it out, i am assumign he had knowledge of whom he protected....and the knowledge of that was pivotal in his thinking....

-if you were the hunter who would you ahve protected night 1? Bulletpig or Scoop? Personally i would think BP, since he gives teh village an extra hit point? Or was he going after scoop hard in order to build a train to see who would bite?

-who was advocating taking out BP yesterday?

I am kind of changing my thinking in that since silky went after a blocked target...who was previously protected...does that reflect on the teams thinking? If so they didn't read the whole thing....if thats teh case...say it's a rookie wolf team...would they have thought out the long term usage of a conversion or would it have burned a whole in their pocket?
newcastle

View Profile
« Reply #842 on: September 29, 2010, 08:43:42 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 29, 2010, 08:36:39 PM

The hunter could block one WW attack on himself, so what if Zerker Silky whet after scraper and not BP like some people are suggesting?

the reason I disagree is we had 2 huge targets open on night 1...seer & sorceror.....those are 2 very huge targets and there is not reason not to go after them. They are the villages biggest guns so to speak. Why go after a random innocent. You have a 50-50 chance of nailing a special, and if not...then go after him the next night.
newcastle

View Profile
« Reply #843 on: September 29, 2010, 08:45:38 PM »

Quote from: Cragmyre on September 29, 2010, 08:31:18 PM

Newcastle, if the vampires are active, there could be 2 nightkills unless they target the same player, or they target each other ( though I think that only protects them once ).

But I agree with your logic about Scoop, I also agree with Qantaga's numbers, so I withdraw Scoop

thank you for reminding me of that, I had forgotten about it and hadn't really dug into those roles in terms of understanding them.
newcastle

View Profile
« Reply #844 on: September 29, 2010, 08:48:01 PM »

Quote from: JayDee on September 29, 2010, 08:39:41 PM

I've been saying not to lynch Scoop for a number of posts and yet people cast their votes for him anyway. newcastle shows up and offers a couple of lines and suddenly people start to listen.

Why do I even bother?  icon_wink

i dont...verbosity? my uncanny good looks? my digital dexterity? or maybe..you lay the groundwork, and i just re-emphasized it...
biggrin
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #845 on: September 29, 2010, 08:48:18 PM »

Quote from: envy24 on September 29, 2010, 06:54:22 PM

withdraw scoop since the populous seems to want to let him live however i still feel he is a wolf/vamp.

lynch rick because he mostly drops in to post a lynch vote and not much more.

Dude, WTF?  I was pretty active the first day, lost interest the second day, and have been pretty active since.

I had a vote on scoop, and it took me a while to remove it because I hardly got on the forum over the weekend.  After that, I went with what some people were saying and voted for silky.  The lynch train got rolling after my vote.  Why the hell would I vote for him when a train hadn't yet started?

Maybe being dead fucked you up a bit, but use some logic.
ScubaV

View Profile
« Reply #846 on: September 29, 2010, 08:50:54 PM »

I agree with giving Scoop another night.  The wolves have gambled letting him live so far, but especially without the WW hunter they can't keep taking the risk of being scanned.  Let them do the dirty deed.

I have absolute faith in the power of people to be stupid.

My vision is augmented.
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #847 on: September 29, 2010, 08:51:16 PM »

Quote from: newcastle on September 29, 2010, 08:39:42 PM

the vamps havent hooked up yet.

I think we're forgetting some other possibilities. The wolves might have missed their target last night because the Vampires killed Scraper first. Everyone seems to keep forgetting that there is another faction out there trying to kill us. If the Vampire or Goths got lucky with their scans on Night 1 then they could be hooked up and ready to start killing by Night 2. Not great odds for finding each other on the first night, but certainly possible. Hell, we managed to out the Seer and Sorc on Day 1 along with the Wolf Hunter on Day 2.

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
theohall

View Profile
« Reply #848 on: September 29, 2010, 08:51:45 PM »

Quote from: Bulletpig on September 29, 2010, 01:53:16 PM

And just in case I get infected, My vote right now is that theohall is the alpha wolf or vampire.

He is acting too hit and miss with posts and how things work.  I expect more from a veteran of the game and I believe that he is playing dumb.

Pig

Nice thought, but it is the standard problem.  1-2 pages of conversation at night.  5 pages of conversation in the day.  I cannot access GT during the day from work, unless I take a break and use my phone - which creates issues.  It's hard to have any kind of consistent take with that much conversation.

I still have a very bad vibe about Scoop.  Which has been there from the beginning.  If that is hit and miss, I don't know what to say.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #849 on: September 29, 2010, 08:55:14 PM »

Those must have been some furry vampires then.

Quote from: ravenvii on September 29, 2010, 05:41:45 PM

They found Scraper crucified on a crudely made wooden cross, his throat tore out by werewolf teeth. All around him was blood and fur. Scraper did not go without a fight.[/i]

Scraper has been killed by werewolves. It is now DAY. 16 remain, and 9 is the majority vote.
withdraw theohall

Moliere

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
theohall

View Profile
« Reply #850 on: September 29, 2010, 08:59:16 PM »

I'm good with you all lynching me as it reduces the pool of villagers, so you can actually focus on finding the Wolves and Vamps.  I still say Scoop is not a good villager.  Everything is falling too conveniently for him.  JayDee is my other suspect for doing his best to continue keeping Scoop alive.

So if I go, those are my two.  No idea on the rest of the pool.
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #851 on: September 29, 2010, 09:01:14 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on September 29, 2010, 08:55:14 PM

They found Scraper crucified on a crudely made wooden cross, his throat tore out by werewolf teeth. All around him was blood and fur. Scraper did not go without a fight.[/i]

Scraper has been killed by werewolves. It is now DAY. 16 remain, and 9 is the majority vote.
withdraw theohall

Moliere

icon_lol

Guess I need to read the narratives a little closer. Still doesn't change the fact that the Vampires could be active and we need to consider them just as much as we're considering the Wolves.

theohall

View Profile
« Reply #852 on: September 29, 2010, 09:04:24 PM »

Quote from: Moliere on September 29, 2010, 09:01:14 PM

Quote from: Isgrimnur on September 29, 2010, 08:55:14 PM

withdraw theohall

Moliere

icon_lol

Guess I need to read the narratives a little closer. Still doesn't change the fact that the Vampires could be active and we need to consider them just as much as we're considering the Wolves.

But the Vamps would not wait to kill someone.  The less villagers the better for them. 

lynch Moliere - even though it goes against the odds.
theohall

View Profile
« Reply #853 on: September 29, 2010, 09:08:35 PM »

Quote from: newcastle on September 29, 2010, 08:24:35 PM

Scrapper...sigh...see what you did? Anyway a learning lesson there..i dont blame you for doing the partial reveal, but it hurts us in figuring out who you were...anyway, life rolls on.

Lynching Scoop while tempting to some, I think is shortsighted. Lets let teh wolves do the dirty work. We arent in a rush yet. I am not even sure how close to winning/losing we are. But with 16 people left...1 baddie down, and 5 to go...I think we are doing alright. I think letting him live is the best thing for now. Let's see him get killed off.

ok right now...this is what we got..this scenario assumes the conversion and the goth & vamps hooking up. I much rather paint he worse case scenario then have a false sense of comfort.

16 left

Today -day 3
Lynch 1
Nightkill 1

Tomorrow day 4- 14 left (5 bad 9 good)
Lynch 1
Nk 1

Day 5- 12 - (5 bad 7 good)
L -1
NK - 1

Day 6 - 10 left (5 bad 5 good)..i realize this scenario is a losing one, but wanted to put it out there to just see how it looked like..)
L -1
NK - 1

Looks like we have 3 shots until we lose the game. We are in a pretty good position. Just pounded these out to see where we are. The game can extend once we hit someone.

This assumes the Vamp doesn't find a Goth.  If he does, it turns into 2 night kills, if the Wolves and Vamps pick different targets.  Why did you ignore the Vamps?

Revised target list:

Scoop
Moliere
Newcastle
JayDee

In no particular order.
envy24

View Profile
« Reply #854 on: September 29, 2010, 09:26:30 PM »

withdraw rick i just wanted a reaction out of you biggrin
ravenvii

View Profile
« Reply #855 on: September 29, 2010, 09:41:38 PM »

Votes so far:

theohall:  2 (rickfc, Bulletpig)
Moliere: 2 (Isgrimnur, theohall)

(Let me know if I missed anything)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 10:13:02 PM by ravenvii » Logged
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #856 on: September 29, 2010, 09:46:36 PM »

Quote from: envy24 on September 29, 2010, 09:26:30 PM

lol...eff you   icon_lol
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #857 on: September 29, 2010, 09:51:28 PM »

wow what a long day.  Got up for work at 4 am  got home at 5:30pm    I didnt get a chance to read much of what happened today so I have a quite a bit to catch up on.  Ill get caught up and post in a bit. 

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
Lassr

View Profile
« Reply #858 on: September 29, 2010, 09:54:27 PM »

although I wonder, is rick usually this defensive when he gets a vote or two?

Roll Tide!
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #859 on: September 29, 2010, 10:03:47 PM »

Quote from: ravenvii on September 29, 2010, 09:41:38 PM

Votes so far:

Scoop20906: 1 (Cragmyre)
theohall:  3 (Isgrimnur, rickfc, Bulletpig)

Fear my double voting power! 

rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #860 on: September 29, 2010, 10:06:56 PM »

Quote from: Lassr on September 29, 2010, 09:54:27 PM

I get defensive with envy.  He had it out for me in the last game.  That, and his logic was flawed.  smile
theohall

View Profile
« Reply #861 on: September 29, 2010, 10:08:43 PM »

Quote from: rickfc on September 29, 2010, 10:06:56 PM

I get defensive with envy.  He had it out for me in the last game.  That, and his logic was flawed.  smile

The only folks whose logic was not flawed in the last game were the wolves.  Some might say CeeKay was right, but the suicide vote screws that up.
Cragmyre

View Profile
« Reply #862 on: September 29, 2010, 10:11:05 PM »

Votes so far:

I withdrew Scoop when I pointed out to Newcastle about the possible double victims.

I suffer from EGADD - Electronic Gaming Attention Deficit Disorder
Cragmyre

View Profile
« Reply #863 on: September 29, 2010, 10:11:36 PM »

but in case you don't want to go back and read it smile  withdraw Scoop

I suffer from EGADD - Electronic Gaming Attention Deficit Disorder
ravenvii

View Profile
« Reply #864 on: September 29, 2010, 10:12:12 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on September 29, 2010, 10:03:47 PM

Votes so far:

Fear my double voting power! 

LOL, missed that. Fixed.
newcastle

View Profile
« Reply #865 on: September 29, 2010, 10:16:26 PM »

Quote from: theohall on September 29, 2010, 09:08:35 PM

This assumes the Vamp doesn't find a Goth.  If he does, it turns into 2 night kills, if the Wolves and Vamps pick different targets.  Why did you ignore the Vamps?

your right it doesnt include teh vamps, but it is still helpful because it shows teh game track right now...i just needed a frame of reference to see where we were in terms of game play and how much more we had. Honestly i wasn't even thinking of the vamps and it somehow escaped my attention. I cant give a clear explanation as to why it did. I do think they arent active yet, but that can change.

rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #866 on: September 29, 2010, 10:16:52 PM »

Quote from: theohall on September 29, 2010, 10:08:43 PM

Quote from: rickfc on September 29, 2010, 10:06:56 PM

The only folks whose logic was not flawed in the last game were the wolves.  Some might say CeeKay was right, but the suicide vote screws that up.

Last game, I threw my hands up and quit.  I'm trying to play smarter this time around, because I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me!
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #867 on: September 29, 2010, 10:24:41 PM »

whoa,  a lot going on here.  I have a question.  If you were a wolf and 2 major specials were outed on day one, and you could safely use your infection without fear of being blocked, why would you hold on to it?  I still believe that either scoop or BP are infected.  BP rezzed Envy but that would be a great way to protect himself from suspicion, while using up his rez on a regular villager instead of a special ( like the WW hunter ).  The village made it clear that he needed to rez Envy or die.  He really had no choice and therefore rezzing Envy proves nothing.   On the other hand we have Scoop.  His reveal of Scraper as he WW hunter maybe the result of a scan.  Still its possible hes infected and since scraper pretty much revealed his role, hes just giving us the info we already know.  Im having a real hard time believeing one of these two havent been converted.  People keep saying that its no risk to keep scoop around 1 more day and even scoop himself said yesterday that he must die today.  Im not sure how any of the suspicions have changed.  I will admit though that leaving him alive does us no real harm at this point.  If he survives another nite I cant see how we can not lynch him tommorrow.  Of course even scoop said that yesterday and here he is.  I havent decided on my vote yet but think we need to look seriously at Bullet, especially if you believe that Scoop isnt infected.  As far as Scoop,  I agree, leaving him alive does no harm and may even have a possible benefit. There are a lot of possibilities and variations of what could be going on here.  If Im missing something, especially in regards to Bullet, please feel free to comment.  Information is key here.

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #868 on: September 29, 2010, 10:28:04 PM »

You need to lay off the caffeine.  Or figure out what the Enter key does. Tongue

rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #869 on: September 29, 2010, 10:30:29 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on September 29, 2010, 10:28:04 PM

You need to lay off the caffeine.  Or figure out what the Enter key does. Tongue

this.
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #870 on: September 29, 2010, 10:33:51 PM »

lol.   Yeah long day with lots of caffiene.  Sorry about the run away post.  I would edit it for purposes of clarity and punctuation but I fear the wrath of Newcastle!  ninja

theohall

View Profile
« Reply #871 on: September 29, 2010, 10:40:19 PM »

If Scoop stays alive, he needs to scan someone who is not likely to die.  This is my problem with Scoop's scan of Scraper.  Given his hints in his posts, the wolves were not going to let him live.  So why waste a scan on one of the three individuals most likely to die?  It sure is not effective use of the Seer's abilities.

Scan someone else and actually help us find the Wolves or the Vamps, please. Scoop's claims were he was going to help us on Day One.  Thus far, he has not really helped the village.

6) envy24 - lynched, villager RESURRECTED, could be infected
12) Lassr - villager, could be infected
14) Silky - lynched, werewolf
15) Scoop20906 - supposed Seer.  Still do not believe him.
18) Scraper - killed by werewolves

Somewhere in the list below are bad guys.  Helping would have been scanning one of them.

1) Cragmyre
2) Moliere
3) JayDee
4) Qantaga
5) CeeKay
7) Isgrimnur
Cool rshetts2
9) rickfc
10) theohall
11) Bulletpig
13) ScubaV
16) Soulchilde
17) newcastle

So why didn't Scoop actually help us by scanning someone from this huge pool of unknowns, instead of the most likely werewolf target?
Qantaga

View Profile
« Reply #872 on: September 29, 2010, 10:41:03 PM »

Anyone seen Hoodwinked?

rshetts2 reminds me of Twitchy.

smile

Xbox Live: Sukaro
PSN: Suroka

Until I die I'll sing these songs on the shores of Babylon
Still looking for a home in a world where I belong

~Switchfoot
Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #873 on: September 29, 2010, 11:25:50 PM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on September 29, 2010, 10:24:41 PM

whoa,  a lot going on here.  I have a question.  If you were a wolf and 2 major specials were outed on day one, and you could safely use your infection without fear of being blocked, why would you hold on to it?  I still believe that either scoop or BP are infected.  BP rezzed Envy but that would be a great way to protect himself from suspicion, while using up his rez on a regular villager instead of a special ( like the WW hunter ).  The village made it clear that he needed to rez Envy or die.  He really had no choice and therefore rezzing Envy proves nothing.   On the other hand we have Scoop.  His reveal of Scraper as he WW hunter maybe the result of a scan.  Still its possible hes infected and since scraper pretty much revealed his role, hes just giving us the info we already know.  Im having a real hard time believeing one of these two havent been converted.  People keep saying that its no risk to keep scoop around 1 more day and even scoop himself said yesterday that he must die today.  Im not sure how any of the suspicions have changed.  I will admit though that leaving him alive does us no real harm at this point.  If he survives another nite I cant see how we can not lynch him tommorrow.  Of course even scoop said that yesterday and here he is.  I havent decided on my vote yet but think we need to look seriously at Bullet, especially if you believe that Scoop isnt infected.  As far as Scoop,  I agree, leaving him alive does no harm and may even have a possible benefit. There are a lot of possibilities and variations of what could be going on here.  If Im missing something, especially in regards to Bullet, please feel free to comment.  Information is key here.

Hey rshetts2. Glad to see you starting to get your feet under you. In most WW games, you NEVER kill anyone who claims the Seer unless they are countered by another Seer or a dead Seer is revealed by a mortician or the revealed Seer lives a couple days without protection which is a huge red flag.

Frankly, I'd like to just die already to just shut theohall up but it is logical to let me live today and see if the baddies take me out. If they don't think I would be shocked.

The Gone Gold Effect has a strong influence on the weak minded ...
GamerTag: Scoop20906
Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #874 on: September 29, 2010, 11:27:23 PM »

Lynch Theohall

He either acting dumb or ...

Either way he hasn't been much help this game.

The Gone Gold Effect has a strong influence on the weak minded ...
GamerTag: Scoop20906
theohall

View Profile
« Reply #875 on: September 29, 2010, 11:29:06 PM »

Quote from: Scoop20906 on September 29, 2010, 11:27:23 PM

Lynch Theohall

He either acting dumb or ...

Either way he hasn't been much help this game.

So that is your entire explanation for why you chose to scan the wolves most likely target?  How is your current reply helping? 

I know I am only a villager and am not faking a role to stay alive.
theohall

View Profile
« Reply #876 on: September 29, 2010, 11:32:13 PM »

Forgot to add when I am dead and proven to be just a villager, think about how much "help" Scoop has really been.  Think about how Moliere isn't paying attention to the writeups.  And think about how Newcastle just forgot to account for the Vampires in his analysis.  That's the top 3.

No need for me to say more as nothing can be proven until someone is lynched.

Although, I will attempt a dialogue if Scoop will actually answer the question presented.
ScubaV

View Profile
« Reply #877 on: September 29, 2010, 11:42:39 PM »

Quote from: theohall on September 29, 2010, 11:32:13 PM

Forgot to add when I am dead and proven to be just a villager, think about how much "help" Scoop has really been.  Think about how Moliere isn't paying attention to the writeups.  And think about how Newcastle just forgot to account for the Vampires in his analysis.  That's the top 3.

No need for me to say more as nothing can be proven until someone is lynched.

Although, I will attempt a dialogue if Scoop will actually answer the question presented.

I think the only reasonable move at this point is to suicide vote.   icon_wink

I have absolute faith in the power of people to be stupid.

My vision is augmented.
theohall

View Profile
« Reply #878 on: September 29, 2010, 11:48:44 PM »

Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #879 on: September 29, 2010, 11:50:35 PM »

Quote from: theohall on September 29, 2010, 11:32:13 PM

Think about how Moliere isn't paying attention to the writeups. 

Lighten up Francis. There were 3 pages between the write-up and my post. I was trying to discuss the fact that the village keeps talking about the wolf threat like there isn't a Vampire threat too. Funny how I'm guilty for talking about Vampires and Newcastle is guilty for not talking about Vampires. Meanwhile we continue to chase after shadows instead of trying to narrow targets down from probable threats.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 37   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: