http://gamingtrend.com
October 23, 2014, 01:50:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 37   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [WW] GTville VI: Bloodlust GAME OVER - VILLAGERS WIN  (Read 22192 times)
newcastle
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #640 on: September 28, 2010, 04:36:06 PM »

oh and before the lynch train gets too big on me....i am claiming

Spoiler for Hiden:
the walrus

there none can counter claim me now

rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #641 on: September 28, 2010, 04:38:53 PM »

Quote from: newcastle on September 28, 2010, 04:36:06 PM

oh and before the lynch train gets too big on me....i am claiming

Spoiler for Hiden:
the walrus

there none can counter claim me now

wait...

Spoiler for Hiden:
I am the walrus, goo goo g' joob
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #642 on: September 28, 2010, 04:44:14 PM »

I could be The Walrus, I'd still have to bum rides off of people.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

Quote from: McBa1n
http://www.vuvuzela.fm BVVVVVVVVVVVRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #643 on: September 28, 2010, 04:53:00 PM »

"Through the Looking Glass". That poem, "The Walrus and the Carpenter," that's an indictment of organized religion. The walrus, with his girth and his good nature, he obviously represents either Buddha, or, or with his tusks, the Hindu elephant god, Lord Ganesha. That takes care of your Eastern religions. Now the carpenter, which is an obvious reference to Jesus Christ, who was raised a carpenter's son, he represents the Western religions. Now in the poem, what do they do? What do they do? They, they dupe all these oysters into following them and then proceed to shuck and devour the helpless creatures en masse. I don't know what that says to you, but to me it says that following these faiths based on mythological figures ensures the destruction of one's inner being. Organized religion destroys who we are by inhibiting our actions, by inhibiting our decisions out of, out of fear of some, some intangible parent figure who, who shakes a finger at us from thousands of years ago and says, and says, "Do it... do it and I'll fuckin' spank you."

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #644 on: September 28, 2010, 04:59:17 PM »

Quote from: newcastle on September 28, 2010, 04:34:55 PM

Quote from: Soulchilde on September 28, 2010, 03:56:04 PM

I'm very uneasy about Bulletpig wasting his rez on a potential normal villager.  That rez should be saved for the Seer

I am leery on it also, but i think we are in a use it or lose it situation. It would be a smart strategic play for the bad guys to take out bulletpig tonight, so that way it denies us a rez. We only have this small window of opportunity to use it I fear. If he was still hidden then yes. The reason it's smart..is if they leave scoop/seer alive another night it's going to tear this village apart with people saying keep scoop alive V. those saying kill him. If we dont use it and they kill BUlletpig, then we've lost the shot at rezzing one of our guys.

Its a calculated risk. Do we do the safe thing and have Bulletpig rez Envy now or lynch me today, confirm I am a special and then rez me during the night (provided Bulletpig is telling the truth).

I'm fine with either scenario.

The Gone Gold Effect has a strong influence on the weak minded ...
GamerTag: Scoop20906
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #645 on: September 28, 2010, 05:02:34 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 28, 2010, 04:53:00 PM

"Through the Looking Glass". That poem, "The Walrus and the Carpenter," that's an indictment of organized religion. The walrus, with his girth and his good nature, he obviously represents either Buddha, or, or with his tusks, the Hindu elephant god, Lord Ganesha. That takes care of your Eastern religions. Now the carpenter, which is an obvious reference to Jesus Christ, who was raised a carpenter's son, he represents the Western religions. Now in the poem, what do they do? What do they do? They, they dupe all these oysters into following them and then proceed to shuck and devour the helpless creatures en masse. I don't know what that says to you, but to me it says that following these faiths based on mythological figures ensures the destruction of one's inner being. Organized religion destroys who we are by inhibiting our actions, by inhibiting our decisions out of, out of fear of some, some intangible parent figure who, who shakes a finger at us from thousands of years ago and says, and says, "Do it... do it and I'll fuckin' spank you."

great movie
Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #646 on: September 28, 2010, 05:03:06 PM »

One more thing to consider.

Say we kill me tonight, Bulletpig rezzes me, and then the wolves kill me tonight as well. What have we gained? We only proved I am the Seer and you get my one scan of Lassr.

If we rez Envy, there is NO CHANCE (since he is just a villager) the wolves will kill him while there is a VERY high probability I will be killed unless I am protected.

It actually makes more sense to rez Envy as he will probably be around longer.

newcastle

View Profile
« Reply #647 on: September 28, 2010, 05:04:58 PM »

RAVEN

Sorry if this has been asked befor...if we lynch a goth what will we be told..ie...BUbba was a goth?

If we lynch a wolf...what will the result be...

If we lynch the vampire..what will the result be?

Just curious, thanks!
Cragmyre

View Profile
« Reply #648 on: September 28, 2010, 05:06:28 PM »

Its one of those busy work days for me  crybaby  and I finally just read through two pages of comments.  I like the idea of Bulletpig using it because I agree, he'll most likely lose it tonight.  I'm not jumping on any lynch wagons, though, until I see what he has to say.  Of course, if the wolves are saving their infection, infecting anyone the Sorc rezzes would be a good strategy for them.  But this game has been nothing but confusing as it is biggrin

I suffer from EGADD - Electronic Gaming Attention Deficit Disorder
Bulletpig

View Profile
« Reply #649 on: September 28, 2010, 05:44:04 PM »

I will admit I am confused with all the possible ways things can go.

Like one person posted what if I rez whoever and then get infected?  What if I rez and that person gets infected? etc.

I am most curious though on Scraper because he said he won't come out until n-1.  He also said at that point we should know who the group of wolves and vamps are.  So if I am not mistaken why are we not getting him to n-1 to come out?  If someone puts the kill vote on him then that person goes to the top of the chart for the lynching tomorrow.

I could even rez Scraper if needed.

newcastle

View Profile
« Reply #650 on: September 28, 2010, 06:11:23 PM »

Quote from: Bulletpig on September 28, 2010, 05:44:04 PM

I am most curious though on Scraper because he said he won't come out until n-1.  He also said at that point we should know who the group of wolves and vamps are.  So if I am not mistaken why are we not getting him to n-1 to come out? 

Right now, I am going to let him come out on his own, but if needed I will force the issue since he hints at too many powerful scenarios to ignore....ie revealing how he is will show a broader scope of the playing board...i have if he speaks teh truth i have a couple scenarios in mind...but i think he should reveal today who he is...
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #651 on: September 28, 2010, 06:19:27 PM »

Ok, all caught up.

Maybe I'm not understanding the game correctly, but why is no one suspecting Lassr? Once Scoop self-outed as the Seer the wolves knew his days were numbered so, in my opinion, infecting him would be a waste. Scoop then announces he's going to scan Lassr. The wolves, knowing that Lassr is not one of them, know he will show up innocent. So they just bide their time, and when Scoop announces Lassr's innocence - BAM - you convert him. It's a risky play by the wolves in that Scoop may change his mind and not scan Lassr and get a wolf instead. But it's a high percentage play. I feel very strongly that Lassr is the converted wolf.

lynch Lassr

There is no point lynching Scoop. Either the wolves get him tonight or we get him tomorrow. Either way he's dead soon.
There's no point lynching Bulletpig just yet because we want him to rez envy24. We have to be careful that the wolves didn't infect him yesterday. He may just choose to rez someone as a show of good faith to the village and then hide in the shadows. We may need to lynch him at some point, or maybe even have Scoop scan him tonight to confirm he isn't now a lycan sorcerer.
Lassr

View Profile
« Reply #652 on: September 28, 2010, 06:20:58 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on September 28, 2010, 03:10:16 PM

Quote from: Scraper on September 28, 2010, 03:09:02 PM

Quote from: Scoop20906 on September 28, 2010, 03:06:27 PM

Quote from: Scraper on September 28, 2010, 02:53:34 PM

Quote from: Scoop20906 on September 28, 2010, 02:44:41 PM

Quote from: Moliere on September 28, 2010, 02:27:39 PM

Quote from: Soulchilde on September 28, 2010, 02:19:56 PM

Scraper needs to share his role until he does I plan to leave my vote on him

It seems smarter to withhold his role. This way no one can contradict him.

Lynch Moliere

There are just too many things wrong with this statement.

I disagree Scoop. The biggest weapon any of us have in this game is the element of surprise and not truly knowing what the other players are. If we just offer it up like you and Bulletpig have, then that is taken away (Assuming we believe you). By me claiming to be an unnamed special there is still a big element of surprise and guess work needed by the wolves and vamps.

The only way you will get me to give up my role will be to get me to n-1. And if that happens we will all have a good idea who the wolves and vamps are. They naturally want to know and they will get me to n-1. It's a win/lose. Villagers win by having a good list of wolves to go on and they lose by having one of their supers truly outed.

Scrapper, I am giving you the benefit of the doubt but you are wrong on this one. By forcing us to vote you to N-1 you also allowing yourself to get killed by someone BEFORE you do your data dump. Have you really thought this through???

I have thought it through. I am not forcing you to do anything. I know it's what you want though. Makes it much easier for you to target the good guys.

(double post for accidentally typing in my comment in the quote area above.)

Reading over the rules again, it appears the wolves do not learn the special role of a villager when they kill him. Is this true, did I miss it somewhere? Looks like we can check with the undertaker but the bad guys cannot.

Scoop, if that is true then it is a little different than what we may have grown used to, and scrapper keeping his role secret means it's also secret from the wolves. That may not be a bad idea as long as you are not a converted seer.

Roll Tide!
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #653 on: September 28, 2010, 06:21:05 PM »

Also, I'm not sure what to think about Scraper's claim as a special. All I know is that we definitely don't need any more specials coming forward now. The village is exposed enough. We need the hunter to keep protecting and the undertaker to rack up knowledge as the bodies pile up.
Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #654 on: September 28, 2010, 06:32:54 PM »

Ok, Lassr. What do you think of having Bulletpig rez Envy now?

Lassr

View Profile
« Reply #655 on: September 28, 2010, 06:34:30 PM »

Quote from: JayDee on September 28, 2010, 06:19:27 PM

Ok, all caught up.

Maybe I'm not understanding the game correctly, but why is no one suspecting Lassr? Once Scoop self-outed as the Seer the wolves knew his days were numbered so, in my opinion, infecting him would be a waste. Scoop then announces he's going to scan Lassr. The wolves, knowing that Lassr is not one of them, know he will show up innocent. So they just bide their time, and when Scoop announces Lassr's innocence - BAM - you convert him. It's a risky play by the wolves in that Scoop may change his mind and not scan Lassr and get a wolf instead. But it's a high percentage play. I feel very strongly that Lassr is the converted wolf.

lynch Lassr

There is no point lynching Scoop. Either the wolves get him tonight or we get him tomorrow. Either way he's dead soon.
There's no point lynching Bulletpig just yet because we want him to rez envy24. We have to be careful that the wolves didn't infect him yesterday. He may just choose to rez someone as a show of good faith to the village and then hide in the shadows. We may need to lynch him at some point, or maybe even have Scoop scan him tonight to confirm he isn't now a lycan sorcerer.

I really can't argue with this other than with the way the rules are written the seer really is weakened. If he came out with a list later with 5 innocents then the village is still screwed because anyone could have been infected. His only job then is to find a bad guy. He cannot build a team of trusted players like in past games. I will have to die before the end of the game thanks to Scoop naming me innocent, I do not deny this, and I would think the wolves know I must die. So again would they waste a conversion on someone that must die. 

Roll Tide!
Lassr

View Profile
« Reply #656 on: September 28, 2010, 06:38:01 PM »

Quote from: Scoop20906 on September 28, 2010, 06:32:54 PM

thumbsup

I think it gives us info to work with. If he's a wolf, he can't, if he's infected then he can but will he? Although I don't think he would resurrect a wolf if we wait and happen to lynch one because then he would expose himself to all of us and be targeted for lynch.

[beavis&butthead]heh,heh,heh expose himself, heh, heh[/beavis&butthead]

Roll Tide!
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #657 on: September 28, 2010, 06:41:37 PM »

BP has to rez envy24 if he's the actual Sorc. If he doesn't it will be perceived as wolf-ish and we'll lynch him. The important thing to remember is that rezzing envy24 does not prove innocence. We'll have to deal with him later, but with his power spent it's not an immediate concern. It's a good lynch to have in our back pocket.
Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #658 on: September 28, 2010, 06:42:29 PM »

Quote from: Lassr on September 28, 2010, 06:38:01 PM

Quote from: Scoop20906 on September 28, 2010, 06:32:54 PM

thumbsup

I think it gives us info to work with. If he's a wolf, he can't, if he's infected then he can but will he? Although I don't think he would resurrect a wolf if we wait and happen to lynch one because then he would expose himself to all of us and be targeted for lynch.

[beavis&butthead]heh,heh,heh expose himself, heh, heh[/beavis&butthead]

But if we force him to rez an innocent thats one less wolf we need to kill.

Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #659 on: September 28, 2010, 06:43:32 PM »

Ok, lets try to make some progress tonight.

All the people in favor of Bulletpig rez Envy now, please post so.

Also, everyone against post as well.

Lets see if we can build some consensus.

JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #660 on: September 28, 2010, 06:45:25 PM »

I'm not just in favour of it, I believe he HAS to do it. Or we'll lynch him.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #661 on: September 28, 2010, 06:48:23 PM »

It's a waste of the rez and waste a potential resource for little gain

We have 3 people claiming special, but only two with revealed roles...

Btw, if BP and Scoop are lying then they should have been refuted by now especially the Sorcerer.  My vote is still on Scraper

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #662 on: September 28, 2010, 06:53:29 PM »

Quote from: Scoop20906 on September 28, 2010, 06:43:32 PM

Ok, lets try to make some progress tonight.

All the people in favor of Bulletpig rez Envy now, please post so.

Also, everyone against post as well.

Lets see if we can build some consensus.

This is a tough one. I believe that BP is a villager, just not sure if he is the sorcerer. Either way I think the wolves are going to infect him tonight. Which means he probably should rez Envy before he becomes converted.

But I really hate wasting a rez on a regular villager. I would much rather have him use it on one of the supers. So is the infection chance worth waiting?

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Lassr

View Profile
« Reply #663 on: September 28, 2010, 06:53:51 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on September 28, 2010, 06:48:23 PM

Btw, if BP and Scoop are lying then they should have been refuted by now especially the Sorcerer.  My vote is still on Scraper

It's not a waste if he doesn't get to use it because he is dead. How do we know he lives through the night? He either uses it now or after the lynch.

Roll Tide!
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #664 on: September 28, 2010, 06:53:57 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on September 28, 2010, 06:48:23 PM

It does set the wolves back two nights though. Blocked the first night, then having someone rez the second night. If the hunter can block again (unlikely since I expect the wolves to go after the same person as last night), it's a huge setback in terms of gaining ground towards a majority.
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #665 on: September 28, 2010, 07:09:13 PM »

BTW this game is definitely fun and interesting. Thanks for the great setup raven!
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #666 on: September 28, 2010, 07:10:20 PM »

it makes little sense is using the rez on a normal villager and if Scoop was protected last night then he would be the target for tonight and potentially unprotected.  They have to kill the seer.

BP  rez needs to be saved for the Seer...

Then again that if the Wolves decide to leave Scoop alive knowing the village will try to lynch scoop to be safe...

Dilemma

NiM$
Bulletpig

View Profile
« Reply #667 on: September 28, 2010, 07:13:48 PM »

You believe I am villager but not sure about being a sorcerer?  What would I gain by being a villager but bullshitting being a sorcerer?

I am good with getting lynched if we win the game.  I just didn't see any reason to not at least get to use my ability before getting lynched or killed.

I also know that now that everyone knows who I am that even after I bring someone back, I will be dead at some point because the village can't afford the change of me being infected.

All I ask is that we make the best use of who to bring back from the dead.  To me I am pretty much dead any way.
Bulletpig

View Profile
« Reply #668 on: September 28, 2010, 07:14:45 PM »

Sorry the above post was directed to Scraper.  I forgot to paste the quote back in.
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #669 on: September 28, 2010, 07:22:56 PM »

Quote from: Bulletpig on September 28, 2010, 07:13:48 PM

You believe I am villager but not sure about being a sorcerer?  What would I gain by being a villager but bullshitting being a sorcerer?

I am good with getting lynched if we win the game.  I just didn't see any reason to not at least get to use my ability before getting lynched or killed.

I also know that now that everyone knows who I am that even after I bring someone back, I will be dead at some point because the village can't afford the change of me being infected.

All I ask is that we make the best use of who to bring back from the dead.  To me I am pretty much dead any way.

Hey man I'm on your side here. You may have claimed to be the sorcerer to keep yourself in the game longer. Same thing could be said for Scoop and I. But I do believe that you are at a minimum a villager.

Mostly I don't want your rez to go to waste.

Infection is tricky, there is only one infection. What if the lycons tried to use it last night and it was blocked? We would all be worrying about nothing. I'm not willing to take that risk though. I don't think they used it. Which means they will likely to try use it today or tonight against myself, Scoop, or BP.

Hell at this point it feels like we are all talking in circles.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Qantaga

View Profile
« Reply #670 on: September 28, 2010, 07:32:10 PM »

I understand Soulchilde wanting to save the rez for the Seer, but we don't have that luxury. As Lassr said, there's a very high chance that BP won't survive the night.

I'm all for BP rezzing envy24 or at least rezzing today's lynchee, if they prove innocent.

I'm starting to get a little curious about Soul (deliberately) ignoring the fact that BP could be eaten tonight before he can use his power. Is Soul trying to reason us into letting the Sorc's ability go by the wayside?

Xbox Live: Sukaro
PSN: Suroka

Until I die I'll sing these songs on the shores of Babylon
Still looking for a home in a world where I belong

~Switchfoot
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #671 on: September 28, 2010, 07:37:22 PM »

Ok I am in favor of him rezzing. Would just prefer he waits until tonight to see who the person who ends of getting lynched is. If they are a baddie then he rezzed Envy. If they are any other villager then he rezzes them.

Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #672 on: September 28, 2010, 07:38:15 PM »

Holly smokes I wish I could edit that above post. Grammor es baad.   crybaby

Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #673 on: September 28, 2010, 07:38:18 PM »

Quote from: Qantaga on September 28, 2010, 07:32:10 PM

I understand Soulchilde wanting to save the rez for the Seer, but we don't have that luxury. As Lassr said, there's a very high chance that BP won't survive the night.

I'm all for BP rezzing envy24 or at least rezzing today's lynchee, if they prove innocent.

I'm starting to get a little curious about Soul (deliberately) ignoring the fact that BP could be eaten tonight before he can use his power. Is Soul trying to reason us into letting the Sorc's ability go by the wayside?

If you can explain to me why BP makes a better target than Scoop I am on board.  Scoop was most likely protected last night by the WW Hunter, so why wouldn't they remove that threat?

People are being very short sighted

NiM$
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #674 on: September 28, 2010, 07:44:04 PM »

I think the important thing here is not to waste the rez.  If bulletpig is gonna be tonites wolf buffet, which is likely, especially if he was protected last nite, then he needs to use it on Envy today.  Using it on an innocent villager is not a bad thing by the way.  It buys us more time for one.  Plus unlike rezzing a special, the wolves have no real reason to take him out immediately,  so he sticks around, helping the village as a clean vote.   If the sorc dies without using the rez, that is a serious set back for the village.  
 One more thing,  can a sorc rez a lynched wolf?  because if a converted sorc/wolf can bring back another wolf, do we dare hold on to the rez now that the sorc is revealed?  I would rather rez a proven villager now than risk having a wolf rezzed later.  
  Also as far as Scraper not fully revealing his role, yes it stops someone from countering his claim but it also keeps a key peice of info from the wolves, which hunter he is.  So I can understand why he may want to hold on to this info.  

I have to admit Raven,  the twists youve thrown into this game have really made for some interesting challenges.  Im really looking forward to see how this all plays out.

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
Cragmyre

View Profile
« Reply #675 on: September 28, 2010, 07:47:42 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on September 28, 2010, 07:38:18 PM

Quote from: Qantaga on September 28, 2010, 07:32:10 PM

If you can explain to me why BP makes a better target than Scoop I am on board.  Scoop was most likely protected last night by the WW Hunter, so why wouldn't they remove that threat?

People are being very short sighted

Why would the wolves kill the Seer knowing that the Sorc could just rez him?  They would want to get rid of the rez first, then either convert the Seer ( though outting himself does shorten his lifespan amongst the village ) or kill him the next night knowing he can't be rezzed.

I'm for having Bulletpig rez Envy

I suffer from EGADD - Electronic Gaming Attention Deficit Disorder
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #676 on: September 28, 2010, 07:50:40 PM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on September 28, 2010, 07:44:04 PM

Also as far as Scraper not fully revealing his role, yes it stops someone from countering his claim but it also keeps a key peice of info from the wolves, which hunter he is.  So I can understand why he may want to hold on to this info.  

Why do you assume he's one of the hunters?
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #677 on: September 28, 2010, 07:52:27 PM »

1. Not having BP rez envy24
Pro - Can save rez for a special later on (Seer, Hunter, etc)
Con - may be killed tonight before he can use it

2. Having BP rez envy24
Pro - Extra known villager that has no special powers and thus should not be targeted by the wolves any time soon.
Con - waste rez on a a "non-special"

The 'Con' for option 1 is a much bigger loss than the 'Con' for option 2.
Bulletpig

View Profile
« Reply #678 on: September 28, 2010, 07:55:34 PM »

How about this.

I wait to rez until we lynch.  If we get a wolf then I rez envy, if we lynch a villager then I rez the lynched villager.

If I don't do as said then lynch me tomorrow.

If I do as I said above then you all will have to lynch me later on down the line for fear of infection but we can cross that bridge when needed.
Qantaga

View Profile
« Reply #679 on: September 28, 2010, 07:56:00 PM »

To Soul (my phone doesn't let me quote), the reason BP could die tonight is this:

-Scoop reveals
-BP reveals
-wolves have 2 targets
-wolves figure Scoop is protected -or- they infect him before hunter can protect
-wolves see BP as easier target
-Hunter (using iocane powder) protects BP
-no kill
-BP dies tonight

While not a sure thing (Scoop being protected last night is more likely, but not dramatically so), I would much rather have a certain rez rather than a speculative one.

Without infection, I would agree with you. With infection in this game, I do not agree with you.

Xbox Live: Sukaro
PSN: Suroka

Until I die I'll sing these songs on the shores of Babylon
Still looking for a home in a world where I belong

~Switchfoot
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 37   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: