http://gamingtrend.com
August 21, 2014, 12:25:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 37   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [WW] GTville VI: Bloodlust GAME OVER - VILLAGERS WIN  (Read 21652 times)
rshetts2
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #560 on: September 27, 2010, 08:00:40 PM »

Quote from: Scoop20906 on September 27, 2010, 03:56:05 PM

Quote from: rshetts2 on September 27, 2010, 03:50:05 PM

interesting that you understand why we can't trust your scans under the circumstances and yet respond with anger and well couched insults whenever it's explained to you.  I am not confused.  I feel that untrustworthy scans do cause confusion.  I think that's pretty straight forward.  It's obvious you have a problem with anyone who doesn't "get it"  or apparently anyone who isn't agreeing with your stance.  Also I can think of several reason why the wolves wouldnt kill you tonite,  honestly why should they?  They'd be better off killing someone else since we can't trust your scans anyway, and let us lynch you tomorrow.  I feel because of all these reasons not lynching you is detrimental to the village.  Still if the village decides to let this thing play out all over again tomorrow, so be it.  We will be no further along and probably in a worse position than we are now, with the same decision to make all over again.  I'll let the rest of you decide whether my points have merit.  If they understand the situation and let you live,  that's fine,  understanding limits any potential damage you can cause if you are in fact a wolf.
Backing off? Why?

since you asked nicely,  Im not backing off.  My vote is still on you, I still feel you are a wolf and are detrimental to us villagers and I explained my reasoning in the above paragraph.  I can see the other points of view and while I still believe you are a wolf I can understand why others want to give you 1 more day.  As I said, if the village decides that way, then thats the way we go.  I can only state my opinions and cast 1 vote.  In fact, I hope you are being truthful and are in fact not a wolf, because that would mean the wolves missed a golden opportunite to snag 2 specials in two days and thats real good for us.  I doubt it but you hey, you never know. 

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
ravenvii

View Profile
« Reply #561 on: September 27, 2010, 10:11:49 PM »

Scoop20906: 3 (theohall, Silky, rshetts2)
Scraper: 4 (ScubaV, Soulchilde, Moliere, newcastle)
Silky: 1 (Lassr)
rshetts2: 1 (Isgrimnur)
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #562 on: September 27, 2010, 10:17:22 PM »

Let's get this over with:

Scraper
newcastle

View Profile
« Reply #563 on: September 27, 2010, 10:26:28 PM »

ok i seem to be having a brain fart...i thought there were a few occurences of the goth dude in this thread...except i cant find it...thought I saw 2 occurences...i see 1 occurence in the sign up thread...but not here....am i blind or missing something? I thought someone refered to it specifically in this thread saying 'that's my/x senior photo" or something....swore it was in teh game thread.
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #564 on: September 27, 2010, 10:28:18 PM »

yeah there was somewhere  a really gnarly looking goth guy

Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #565 on: September 27, 2010, 10:40:52 PM »

Quote from: newcastle on September 27, 2010, 10:26:28 PM

ok i seem to be having a brain fart...i thought there were a few occurences of the goth dude in this thread...except i cant find it...thought I saw 2 occurences...i see 1 occurence in the sign up thread...but not here....am i blind or missing something? I thought someone refered to it specifically in this thread saying 'that's my/x senior photo" or something....swore it was in teh game thread.

Actually how it started was that CeeKay said that was my pic, but it was in the planning thread. Then I jokingly said it was my senior pic after Envy accused me of being emo.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #566 on: September 27, 2010, 10:41:15 PM »

But yeah you're looking in the wrong place if you think I'm the goth.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Bulletpig

View Profile
« Reply #567 on: September 27, 2010, 10:50:58 PM »

Quote from: ravenvii on September 27, 2010, 10:11:49 PM

Scoop20906: 3 (theohall, Silky, rshetts2)
Scraper: 4 (ScubaV, Soulchilde, Moliere, newcastle)
Silky: 1 (Lassr)
rshetts2: 1 (Isgrimnur)

Mod you are missing my vote for Scraper

Thanks!
theohall

View Profile
« Reply #568 on: September 27, 2010, 11:10:29 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on September 27, 2010, 10:41:15 PM

Once again - the standard - and you would actually tell us if you were the goth?   saywhat
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #569 on: September 27, 2010, 11:13:53 PM »

Quote from: theohall on September 27, 2010, 11:10:29 PM

Once again - the standard - and you would actually tell us if you were the goth?   saywhat

No but it makes no sense to think that I am the goth for the sole reason that CeeKay posted a fake pic of me before the game even started. That's like saying CeeKay's the villiage idiot in this game becuase he acts like it in all the other GT threads. One has nothing to do with the other.

Qantaga

View Profile
« Reply #570 on: September 27, 2010, 11:23:57 PM »

Quote from: Moliere on September 27, 2010, 05:27:37 PM

So here are two possible scenarios:

1) The Hunter protected BP from the wolves on Night 1. That means BP is most likely going to be the target of the wolves on Night 2. If true he should rez envy or today's lynch if we kill another innocent villager. This needs to happen before the Night orders are completed.
2) The Hunter protected Scoop from the wolves on Night 1. That means Scoop is most likely going to be the target of the wolves on Night 2. If true, the Hunter will probably protect BP while BP should consider using his rez on Scoop so that the village will get an extra scan out of the Seer when the Hunter protects him on Night 3.

There's also a third:

The Hunter protected Scoop last night. The wolves, knowing that you always try to eliminate the Seer, especially this early in the game, targetted Scoop (they wouldn't waste the infection, knowing he'd be dead soon by the villagers hands, if not theirs). That way they could be assured of getting Scoop on the second night, or assured of the village lynching him very soon. The wolves could have then infected Bulletpig, knowing that he would retain his powers. Once he rezzed someone, showing his goodwill to the village, we would probably just think the wolves were ignoring him since his power was spent and he would then be a wolf in Sorcerer's clothes.

Have I mentioned that this is all very confusing?

Lassr brought up an interesting point. A wolf would want to be vocal, but not too vocal. I'm thinking Scraper has been too vocal for a wolf. Of course, I am terrible at recognizing lycans, so that doesn't bode well for him.

lynch Silky

Xbox Live: Sukaro
PSN: Suroka

Until I die I'll sing these songs on the shores of Babylon
Still looking for a home in a world where I belong

~Switchfoot
theohall

View Profile
« Reply #571 on: September 27, 2010, 11:24:20 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on September 27, 2010, 11:13:53 PM

No but it makes no sense to think that I am the goth for the sole reason that CeeKay posted a fake pic of me before the game even started. That's like saying CeeKay's the villiage idiot in this game becuase he acts like it in all the other GT threads. One has nothing to do with the other.

And would be a convenient way to claim you were not in case you actually were. See the issue.  You would have been better off saying nothing.  Now, you are acting like you have to prove you are not something.

Withdraw Scoop

Lynch Scraper
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #572 on: September 27, 2010, 11:28:07 PM »

Quote from: theohall on September 27, 2010, 11:24:20 PM

And would be a convenient way to claim you were not in case you actually were. See the issue.  You would have been better off saying nothing.  Now, you are acting like you have to prove you are not something.

Withdraw Scoop

Lynch Scraper

I supposed I could just throw up my hands and call you all confused idiots, like some others players. But I'm trying to get you off thwe wrong path before I have to fully play my hand and then the lycons really will win. You guys are close to completely losing this game. But I'm not gonna go all out and let the bad guys know everything like Scoop and Bulletpig were so willing to do.

Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #573 on: September 27, 2010, 11:28:36 PM »

Also, Lynch Silky

Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #574 on: September 27, 2010, 11:32:23 PM »

Quote from: Qantaga on September 27, 2010, 11:23:57 PM

There's also a third:

The Hunter protected Scoop last night. The wolves, knowing that you always try to eliminate the Seer, especially this early in the game, targetted Scoop (they wouldn't waste the infection, knowing he'd be dead soon by the villagers hands, if not theirs). That way they could be assured of getting Scoop on the second night, or assured of the village lynching him very soon. The wolves could have then infected Bulletpig, knowing that he would retain his powers. Once he rezzed someone, showing his goodwill to the village, we would probably just think the wolves were ignoring him since his power was spent and he would then be a wolf in Sorcerer's clothes.

Have I mentioned that this is all very confusing?

Actually that is an interesting 3rd scenario. It's similar to the idea that Lassr was infected right after Scoop cleared him as an innocent villager.

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
theohall

View Profile
« Reply #575 on: September 27, 2010, 11:37:57 PM »

Considerations

1) Cragmyre
2) Moliere
3) JayDee
4) Qantaga
5) CeeKay
6) envy24 - lynched, villager
7) Isgrimnur
Cool rshetts2
9) rickfc
10) theohall - villager smile
11) Bulletpig - claims Hunter
12) Lassr - villager per claimed Seer scan
13) ScubaV
14) Silky
15) Scoop20906 - claims Seer
16) Soulchilde
17) newcastle
18) Scraper - is hinting at something

With that being the case, I am going to vote for someone completely different and see if they are going to pull the hint at special thing every one else is pulling...

Withdraw Scraper

Lynch Isgrimnur
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #576 on: September 27, 2010, 11:48:41 PM »

Quote from: theohall on September 27, 2010, 11:37:57 PM

Considerations

1) Cragmyre
2) Moliere
3) JayDee
4) Qantaga
5) CeeKay
7) Isgrimnur
8 ) rshetts2
9) rickfc
11) Bulletpig - claims Hunter  Sorcerer
13) ScubaV
14) Silky
16) Soulchilde
17) newcastle

That leaves Scraper as possible Vampire Hunter, Wolf Hunter, or Undertaker. This village sure can pick them. If everyone is telling the truth that means 3 out of our first 4 lynch targets were good Specials. Withdraw Scraper.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #577 on: September 27, 2010, 11:53:48 PM »

sorry guys, I've been busy as hell at work today and this evening is looking crazy too.  I'll try and catch up to toss in a vote.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
ScubaV

View Profile
« Reply #578 on: September 28, 2010, 12:03:22 AM »

I'm gonna go watch Green Bay (hopefully) stomp all over Chi-Town.  Maybe some of you fence-sitters will have participated by then.  If you guys believe Scraper then I'm willing to jump on the Silky train.

I have absolute faith in the power of people to be stupid.

My vision is augmented.
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #579 on: September 28, 2010, 12:16:29 AM »

Sorry guys, work got crazy in the afternoon. I still need to catch up from the weekend. If no lynch has happened by the morning I'll post my thoughts and offer up a vote.
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #580 on: September 28, 2010, 12:28:39 AM »

Quote from: Qantaga on September 27, 2010, 11:23:57 PM

Lassr brought up an interesting point. A wolf would want to be vocal, but not too vocal. I'm thinking Scraper has been too vocal for a wolf. Of course, I am terrible at recognizing lycans, so that doesn't bode well for him.

lynch Silky

This is pretty funny considering we just had 3 people check in saying how they've been too busy to participate. Lynched for talking too much (envy) and talking too little (silky). There are at least 2 or 3 others that fit these categories. If we're to believe Scraper as yet another outed Special then I will go with Isgrimnur.

Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #581 on: September 28, 2010, 01:29:25 AM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on September 27, 2010, 08:00:40 PM

interesting that you understand why we can't trust your scans under the circumstances and yet respond with anger and well couched insults whenever it's explained to you.  I am not confused.  I feel that untrustworthy scans do cause confusion.  I think that's pretty straight forward.  It's obvious you have a problem with anyone who doesn't "get it"  or apparently anyone who isn't agreeing with your stance.  Also I can think of several reason why the wolves wouldnt kill you tonite,  honestly why should they?  They'd be better off killing someone else since we can't trust your scans anyway, and let us lynch you tomorrow.  I feel because of all these reasons not lynching you is detrimental to the village.  Still if the village decides to let this thing play out all over again tomorrow, so be it.  We will be no further along and probably in a worse position than we are now, with the same decision to make all over again.  I'll let the rest of you decide whether my points have merit.  If they understand the situation and let you live,  that's fine,  understanding limits any potential damage you can cause if you are in fact a wolf.
Backing off? Why?

since you asked nicely,  Im not backing off.  My vote is still on you, I still feel you are a wolf and are detrimental to us villagers and I explained my reasoning in the above paragraph.  I can see the other points of view and while I still believe you are a wolf I can understand why others want to give you 1 more day.  As I said, if the village decides that way, then thats the way we go.  I can only state my opinions and cast 1 vote.  In fact, I hope you are being truthful and are in fact not a wolf, because that would mean the wolves missed a golden opportunite to snag 2 specials in two days and thats real good for us.  I doubt it but you hey, you never know. 

Wow, you are really backing off your earlier posts. Very interesting. You've gone from 100% sure I am a baddie to now hoping I am being truthful. Thats like 180 degree change. I wonder why...

The Gone Gold Effect has a strong influence on the weak minded ...
GamerTag: Scoop20906
Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #582 on: September 28, 2010, 01:34:55 AM »

Quote from: Scraper on September 27, 2010, 11:28:07 PM

Withdraw Scoop

Lynch Scraper

I supposed I could just throw up my hands and call you all confused idiots, like some others players. But I'm trying to get you off thwe wrong path before I have to fully play my hand and then the lycons really will win. You guys are close to completely losing this game. But I'm not gonna go all out and let the bad guys know everything like Scoop and Bulletpig were so willing to do.
Never called anyone an idiot but appreciate your tone.

Also, how exactly did the two of us go all out and let the bad guys know everything? I'd really like an explanation of this scrapper.

Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #583 on: September 28, 2010, 01:38:29 AM »

I'm willing to see what silky is.

Silky

Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #584 on: September 28, 2010, 01:42:23 AM »

Quote from: Scoop20906 on September 28, 2010, 01:34:55 AM

Withdraw Scoop

Lynch Scraper

Also, how exactly did the two of us go all out and let the bad guys know everything? I'd really like an explanation of this scrapper.

Ok, I think I know what you are complaining about. When both bulletpig and myself were n-1 we revealed out roles.

Let me explain why. When you claim to be a special, you basically have just signed your death warrant either by the village not believing you or by the baddies that night. At that point you need to dump everything (all information) to the village.

Lack of information helps the baddie. If I had claimed special and nothing else and I died that night it allows the wolves then to fake my role later on and the village can't counter that.

Do you see why we did this now?

Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #585 on: September 28, 2010, 01:54:56 AM »

Considerations

1) Cragmyre
2) Moliere
3) JayDee
4) Qantaga
5) CeeKay
7) Isgrimnur
Cool rshetts2
9) rickfc
11) Bulletpig - claims Hunter
13) ScubaV
14) Silky
16) Soulchilde
17) newcastle

With that being the case, I am going to vote for someone completely different and see if they are going to pull the hint at special thing every one else is pulling...

Withdraw Scraper

Lynch Isgrimnur

Do you believe scrapper?

Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #586 on: September 28, 2010, 02:00:55 AM »

Quote from: Scoop20906 on September 28, 2010, 01:54:56 AM

Do you believe scrapper?

How can we know about any of the supposed outed Specials? Should we believe you are the Seer and that you haven't been infected, thereby compromising all your scans? Should we believe that BP hasn't been infected and is the Sorc? There isn't much to go on at this point besides a hunch and a little logic about the wolves' likely motives. The last game was all about innocent villagers committing suicide. This game is full of people about to be lynched claiming to be a Special.

Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #587 on: September 28, 2010, 02:03:36 AM »

Quote from: Scoop20906 on September 28, 2010, 01:42:23 AM

Quote from: Scoop20906 on September 28, 2010, 01:34:55 AM

Withdraw Scoop

Lynch Scraper

Ok, I think I know what you are complaining about. When both bulletpig and myself were n-1 we revealed out roles.

Let me explain why. When you claim to be a special, you basically have just signed your death warrant either by the village not believing you or by the baddies that night. At that point you need to dump everything (all information) to the village.

Lack of information helps the baddie. If I had claimed special and nothing else and I died that night it allows the wolves then to fake my role later on and the village can't counter that.

Do you see why we did this now?

I would much rather go up against a perceived known enemy than an unknown any day of the week. Thus the reason for a bit of guess work, rather than just giving them everything.

rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #588 on: September 28, 2010, 02:16:37 AM »

Quote from: Scoop20906 on September 28, 2010, 01:29:25 AM

Backing off? Why?

Wow, you are really backing off your earlier posts. Very interesting. You've gone from 100% sure I am a baddie to now hoping I am being truthful. Thats like 180 degree change. I wonder why...

You know if you keep putting words in my mouth maybe youll actually get me to say what you want. Theres no 180 turn I think youre a wolf in hiding.  Ive never backed down on that belief.  My hope is that the wolves screwed up and missed the chance to take out 2 specials right out the gate.  As I said, I doubt thats the case.  Youre very good at twisting peoples words around Scoop, I hope the rest of the villagers are paying attention.

Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #589 on: September 28, 2010, 03:01:51 AM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on September 28, 2010, 02:16:37 AM

Quote from: Scoop20906 on September 28, 2010, 01:29:25 AM

Backing off? Why?

You know if you keep putting words in my mouth maybe youll actually get me to say what you want. Theres no 180 turn I think youre a wolf in hiding.  Ive never backed down on that belief.  My hope is that the wolves screwed up and missed the chance to take out 2 specials right out the gate.  As I said, I doubt thats the case.  Youre very good at twisting peoples words around Scoop, I hope the rest of the villagers are paying attention.

I hope everyone is paying attention too. Its all I've asked since the beginning of the game.

It's pretty plain that you are backing off your original position to lynch me and damn the details and you have given your reason. I'd vote for you today but you are being way too vocal right now for you to being flying under anyone's radar. No one is going to miss anything you've said, you've seen to that.

You might be a villager but you've made a good case for why you should be at least scanned if not lynched real soon.

theohall

View Profile
« Reply #590 on: September 28, 2010, 03:24:30 AM »

I don't believe Scraper.  I don't believe Scoop.  And I agree with rshetts2 that Scoop is trying to make it look as if rshetts2 has said thing he has not.  Why would the Seer, who is being ever so helpful, do this?

I thought Scoop was lying and just trying to stay alive.  AFAIK, rshetts2 thinks the same, based on what I have read.

Heck, I don't believe Bulletpig either.  What are the odds of being the Hunter in back-to-back games?
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #591 on: September 28, 2010, 03:27:21 AM »

Quote from: theohall on September 28, 2010, 03:24:30 AM

What are the odds of being the Hunter in back-to-back games?

You didn't see me fix your matrix? I think his claim is that of being the Sorcerer, not the Hunter.

I certainly share your misgivings though I don't know how to proceed. As of yet no one has contradicted those claiming to be Specials. And no one has had to prove themselves yet.

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #592 on: September 28, 2010, 03:29:53 AM »

Lynch Isgrimnur[/b]

Sorry to disappoint you.  Nothing special about me this game.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
theohall

View Profile
« Reply #593 on: September 28, 2010, 03:31:25 AM »

Quote from: Moliere on September 28, 2010, 03:27:21 AM

You didn't see me fix your matrix? I think his claim is that of being the Sorcerer, not the Hunter.

I certainly share your misgivings though I don't know how to proceed. As of yet no one has contradicted those claiming to be Specials. And no one has had to prove themselves yet.

Whatever.... A special in b2b games is not that common, especially with this large a group.
theohall

View Profile
« Reply #594 on: September 28, 2010, 03:32:22 AM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on September 28, 2010, 03:29:53 AM

Lynch Isgrimnur[/b]

Sorry to disappoint you.  Nothing special about me this game.

You are just a random target which hopefully gets us somewhere.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #595 on: September 28, 2010, 03:43:59 AM »

Front line infantry, got it.  smile

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
Lassr

View Profile
« Reply #596 on: September 28, 2010, 04:07:10 AM »

if Bulletpig is lying then I think it would be good for the real sorcerer to announce the resurrection of envy24 then do it. It would prove Bulletpig is lying. We would have a wolf/vamp and the sorcerer would not longer be needed. What better way to use the sorcerer than have him resurrect and nab a wolf.

Roll Tide!
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #597 on: September 28, 2010, 09:44:45 AM »

Did I miss something?  Scraper is claiming special? 

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #598 on: September 28, 2010, 10:08:14 AM »

Quote from: Lassr on September 28, 2010, 04:07:10 AM

if Bulletpig is lying then I think it would be good for the real sorcerer to announce the resurrection of envy24 then do it. It would prove Bulletpig is lying. We would have a wolf/vamp and the sorcerer would not longer be needed. What better way to use the sorcerer than have him resurrect and nab a wolf.

On the other hand, if Bulletpig is the sorcerer and announces rezzing Envy and then does so, that not only proves his claim, but it gives us valuable information.  If the wolves had both the sorcerer and the seer as targets, I would think they would kill the sorcerer and convert the seer.  That seems like the logical play.  If Bullet survived as the sorcerer, then he was probably protected. That means hes unprotected tonite and a guaranteed kill.  Theres no reason, if thats the case for Bullet to not rez Envy, he needs to use it or lose it.  If Bullet was protected, then the seer was not.  How is it possible that an unprotected seer both survived the night and went unconverted?  I cant believe that the wolves would have this knowledge and just leave him alone.  Bulletpig holds the key to this conundrum and what he chooses to do would help answer alot of questions.  Either way, if Bullet is lying or telling the truth a sorcerer rez and reveal would help clear up alot

Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #599 on: September 28, 2010, 11:52:36 AM »

Quote from: theohall on September 28, 2010, 03:31:25 AM

Theohall, if you want your posts to be given consideration then please check your facts first instead of responding "whatever". I want your assistance but all you are is a noisy distraction.

Whatever.... A special in b2b games is not that common, especially with this large a group.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 37   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: