http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 02:38:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 37   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [WW] GTville VI: Bloodlust GAME OVER - VILLAGERS WIN  (Read 22166 times)
Lassr
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #520 on: September 26, 2010, 10:10:11 PM »

Quote from: Cragmyre on September 26, 2010, 10:07:26 PM

Another possible way for the wolves to use the infection would be to infect the one the seer found to be innocent.  We'd all think Lassr was an innocent villager because of the seer's scan, but he would be able to stay safely hidden if he were infected.  I'll withdraw Scoop for the moment.

absolutely true. That didn't happen though or at least not yet.

Roll Tide!
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #521 on: September 26, 2010, 10:33:32 PM »

Lynching scoop wouldn't be the smartest idea.   Still analyzing...more after the games are over

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #522 on: September 26, 2010, 10:48:32 PM »

Well, one good thing has come of this mess. I've got some damn good candidates for my scan tonight. I think the wolves have NO choice but to kill me. If they let me live I'm pretty sure I'm going to scan me me a baddie.

And when you kill me tomorrow, you will have two scans you can use.

The Gone Gold Effect has a strong influence on the weak minded ...
GamerTag: Scoop20906
ravenvii

View Profile
« Reply #523 on: September 26, 2010, 10:50:57 PM »

Scoop20906: 6 (theohall, Moliere, Scraper, Scoop20906, Silky, rshetts2)
CeeKay: 1 (Lassr)
theohall

View Profile
« Reply #524 on: September 26, 2010, 10:52:17 PM »

Quote from: Lassr on September 26, 2010, 10:10:11 PM

Quote from: Cragmyre on September 26, 2010, 10:07:26 PM

Another possible way for the wolves to use the infection would be to infect the one the seer found to be innocent.  We'd all think Lassr was an innocent villager because of the seer's scan, but he would be able to stay safely hidden if he were infected.  I'll withdraw Scoop for the moment.

absolutely true. That didn't happen though or at least not yet.

And why would you tell us the truth if you were?   saywhat
ScubaV

View Profile
« Reply #525 on: September 27, 2010, 12:03:20 AM »

I don't think we should lynch Scoop tonight.  Save that for tomorrow if it's needed.  I'm not sure who to lynch instead though.  Everyone in the lynch train looks suspicious, plus we have Cragmyre and Silky as the quiet ones, and Scraper the possible Goth/Vamp.  At this point I'll go with Scraper.

I have absolute faith in the power of people to be stupid.

My vision is augmented.
Cragmyre

View Profile
« Reply #526 on: September 27, 2010, 02:36:27 AM »

Quote from: ScubaV on September 27, 2010, 12:03:20 AM

I don't think we should lynch Scoop tonight.  Save that for tomorrow if it's needed.  I'm not sure who to lynch instead though.  Everyone in the lynch train looks suspicious, plus we have Cragmyre and Silky as the quiet ones, and Scraper the possible Goth/Vamp.  At this point I'll go with Scraper.

I may not write novels, but I've been contributing. smile

I suffer from EGADD - Electronic Gaming Attention Deficit Disorder
Bulletpig

View Profile
« Reply #527 on: September 27, 2010, 01:22:51 PM »

I am here and have been checking in since yesterday.

Just not much I can add and yesterday was the church of football so...

icon_biggrin
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #528 on: September 27, 2010, 01:47:35 PM »

still here...
Lassr

View Profile
« Reply #529 on: September 27, 2010, 01:50:27 PM »

Quote from: Bulletpig on September 27, 2010, 01:22:51 PM

I am here and have been checking in since yesterday.

Just not much I can add and yesterday was the church of football so...

icon_biggrin

so no comment on the resurrection plans?

Roll Tide!
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #530 on: September 27, 2010, 02:48:45 PM »

lynch scraper

Scoop remove your vote from yourself.  Btw, Scoop you keep panicking with minimum votes which is far from normal with your play...

Why??

NiM$
Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #531 on: September 27, 2010, 02:52:06 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on September 27, 2010, 02:48:45 PM

lynch scraper

Scoop remove your vote from yourself.  Btw, Scoop you keep panicking with minimum votes which is far from normal with your play...

Why??

Frustration.

Imagine being a Seer who got outed on Day one before he even gets a scan then you survive and everyone wants to kill you before you can get a 2nd scan because you confuse them.

Withdrawal scoop20906

Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #532 on: September 27, 2010, 02:58:56 PM »

Quote from: Scoop20906 on September 27, 2010, 02:52:06 PM

lynch scraper

Why??

Frustration.

Imagine being a Seer who got outed on Day one before he even gets a scan then you survive and everyone wants to kill you before you can get a 2nd scan because you confuse them.

Withdrawal scoop20906

Again with the confusion claim. It's not confusion for a lot of us. It's that we simply don't believe you. From my point of view you being the Seer is statistically very narrow. It's possible, but usually if something seems statistically implausible then it probably is. Add to that your early setup for the Seer/Special card and I don't buy it.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #533 on: September 27, 2010, 03:21:49 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on September 27, 2010, 02:58:56 PM

Quote from: Scoop20906 on September 27, 2010, 02:52:06 PM

lynch scraper

Why??

Frustration.

Withdrawal scoop20906

Again with the confusion claim. It's not confusion for a lot of us. It's that we simply don't believe you. From my point of view you being the Seer is statistically very narrow. It's possible, but usually if something seems statistically implausible then it probably is. Add to that your early setup for the Seer/Special card and I don't buy it.
Scrapper, whether you believe me or not, no one should be killing me today. That is the point I have been trying to make you and other over and over again and you don't seem to get it. '

I have already agreed that if I survive tonight then I should be lynched first thing tomorrow. Then when i come up as a villager you have two scans from your Seer.

When you say you don't believe me, I don't have a problem with that. I do have a problem with anyone who doesn't get it and claims I will be causing too much confusion if I stay alive today. Do you agree?

Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #534 on: September 27, 2010, 03:48:44 PM »

Quote from: Scoop20906 on September 27, 2010, 03:21:49 PM

I have already agreed that if I survive tonight then I should be lynched first thing tomorrow. Then when i come up as a villager you have two scans from your Seer.

Ok. Let's see what your second scan shows. Then we have to decide at what point, if ever, you might have been compromised with an infection.

withdraw Scoop
lynch Scraper

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #535 on: September 27, 2010, 03:50:05 PM »

interesting that you understand why we can't trust your scans under the circumstances and yet respond with anger and well couched insults whenever it's explained to you.  I am not confused.  I feel that untrustworthy scans do cause confusion.  I think that's pretty straight forward.  It's obvious you have a problem with anyone who doesn't "get it"  or apparently anyone who isn't agreeing with your stance.  Also I can think of several reason why the wolves wouldnt kill you tonite,  honestly why should they?  They'd be better off killing someone else since we can't trust your scans anyway, and let us lynch you tomorrow.  I feel because of all these reasons not lynching you is detrimental to the village.  Still if the village decides to let this thing play out all over again tomorrow, so be it.  We will be no further along and probably in a worse position than we are now, with the same decision to make all over again.  I'll let the rest of you decide whether my points have merit.  If they understand the situation and let you live,  that's fine,  understanding limits any potential damage you can cause if you are in fact a wolf.

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #536 on: September 27, 2010, 03:52:35 PM »

Holy crap. I'm gone most of the weekend and you guys add three pages of in-depth analysis. Reading now, will respond this afternoon.
Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #537 on: September 27, 2010, 03:56:05 PM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on September 27, 2010, 03:50:05 PM

interesting that you understand why we can't trust your scans under the circumstances and yet respond with anger and well couched insults whenever it's explained to you.  I am not confused.  I feel that untrustworthy scans do cause confusion.  I think that's pretty straight forward.  It's obvious you have a problem with anyone who doesn't "get it"  or apparently anyone who isn't agreeing with your stance.  Also I can think of several reason why the wolves wouldnt kill you tonite,  honestly why should they?  They'd be better off killing someone else since we can't trust your scans anyway, and let us lynch you tomorrow.  I feel because of all these reasons not lynching you is detrimental to the village.  Still if the village decides to let this thing play out all over again tomorrow, so be it.  We will be no further along and probably in a worse position than we are now, with the same decision to make all over again.  I'll let the rest of you decide whether my points have merit.  If they understand the situation and let you live,  that's fine,  understanding limits any potential damage you can cause if you are in fact a wolf.
Backing off? Why?

newcastle

View Profile
« Reply #538 on: September 27, 2010, 04:24:39 PM »

at it's peak i think the scoop train was something like this:

Ceekay, Cragmyre, theohall, Moliere, Scraper, Scoop20906, Silky, rshetts2

I am just curious Rshetts 2 & Scrapper why are you folks so against waiting to see if the wolves will take out scoop? What's wrong with that strategy? So we wait a few days to take out scoop if he is dead? Whats the harm in that? If we suspect him as a wolf, we can watch him. What happens if you are wrong and he is indeed the seer? I really am not getting this whole rush to lynch. So what if he is lying, we will get to him eventually.
I mean the last thing any evil team wants to do is leave a seer alive.

I really do think your strategy is pretty shortsighted. But the world is full of people with tons of differing viewpoints.

If we wait, we force them to use a night kill to take him out, that means an extra turn they have to waste not going after a more juicy target who might be threatening them; or someone who has become a "proven" innocent. Like right now if i was a wolf, i would make a beeline to taking out our supposed resurector...bulletpig right?

Anyway, i am going to vote for someone on the above list...I am tempted to slap a vote on Rshetts2 & scrapper but I wonder if a wolf would be so vocal in taking down a potential seer.

I've decided:
Scrapper
-kind of suspected him earlier..dont like his reasonings V. scoop, and seems to be a viable lynch train at the moment.
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #539 on: September 27, 2010, 04:26:43 PM »

Until we have someone else claim seer then Scoop should get the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise, but if he survives tonight then we lynch for certan.  Secondly, I'm sure we have baddies on the vote for him at the moment, so I think we pick from there

Lastly, if he is spoofing the Seer then the real seer needs to stay away from voting for him as it will narrow the pool for the baddies

Anyway, I leave my vote where it is

NiM$
newcastle

View Profile
« Reply #540 on: September 27, 2010, 04:30:43 PM »

also as scuba & theohall are makign me a bit nervous as well just kind of seem to be fitting in....not sure if others have that reaction. Kind of a modified suspect & threat matrix  icon_wink
Lassr

View Profile
« Reply #541 on: September 27, 2010, 04:43:00 PM »

withdraw Ceekay

Roll Tide!
Lassr

View Profile
« Reply #542 on: September 27, 2010, 04:47:01 PM »

scapper has really put his neck out there and I keep asking myself would a wolf do that. Possibly the berserker wolf.

Silky feels like a wolf/vampire hiding in the shadows.

Roll Tide!
Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #543 on: September 27, 2010, 04:53:16 PM »

Here is my baddies short list:

theohall
Scrapper
rshetts2
silky

The question is would the baddies be so vocal to get you guys to lynch the seer?

Over at OO I would say no but considering what I have been reading here its seem possible.

Also, one thing I wanted to point out. We don't know if myself or bulletpig was the protected party last night which means there is a chance bulletpig was protected which means the hunter should protect me tonight. Thats good because I will be able to deliver my 2nd scan but bad because I'd prefer to just be dead already and not deal with some of you.

Therefore just to head off the inevitable gnashing of teeth and cries of confusion, I HAVE TO BE TOMORROW'S LYNCH! My death will prove I am a villager and therefore the Seer and my scans are real.

Also, in case the alpha decides to convert me in the mean time, then my death will show I am wolf and but will waste his conversion although it has the side effect of making my scans look fake. I actually think it would be awesome if I get converted at this point. Doubt it will happen though.

Thoughts?

Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #544 on: September 27, 2010, 04:54:02 PM »

Quote from: Lassr on September 27, 2010, 04:47:01 PM

scapper has really put his neck out there and I keep asking myself would a wolf do that. Possibly the berserker wolf.

Silky feels like a wolf/vampire hiding in the shadows.
I was thinking the very same thing about silky as well. Man, I'm glad I scanned you.

rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #545 on: September 27, 2010, 05:02:52 PM »

At this point, it's a toss-up between theohall and scrapper.
Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #546 on: September 27, 2010, 05:03:44 PM »

Quote from: rickfc on September 27, 2010, 05:02:52 PM

I might agree but why do you think so?

Bulletpig

View Profile
« Reply #547 on: September 27, 2010, 05:14:33 PM »

Quote from: Lassr on September 27, 2010, 01:50:27 PM

Nothing to really comment on.  If the general concensus is that I should wake a certain person from the dead, I have no problem with it.
Bulletpig

View Profile
« Reply #548 on: September 27, 2010, 05:19:50 PM »

I am going completely on gut feeling but feel like Scrapper is our best bet.  I wish I had more to go on but right now there really isn't.

I do agree with Scoops list and at this point really don't have any reason to believe he is not the seer.

My vote for the scan in this order would be theohall, silky, rshetts2.

As for bringing back the dead, if this is what he village wants then let me know who we need to bring back.

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #549 on: September 27, 2010, 05:21:12 PM »

I'm fine with waiting until tomorrow to lynch the scrying Scoop.

I think the resurrection could wait until after today's lynch, and our rezzer can do that as an eary night action, picking between the two lynch targets if we nab another villager.  

For now, I like rshetts2

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

Quote from: McBa1n
http://www.vuvuzela.fm BVVVVVVVVVVVRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Lassr

View Profile
« Reply #550 on: September 27, 2010, 05:25:28 PM »

Quote from: Bulletpig on September 27, 2010, 05:19:50 PM

I am going completely on gut feeling but feel like Scrapper is our best bet.  I wish I had more to go on but right now there really isn't.

I do agree with Scoops list and at this point really don't have any reason to believe he is not the seer.

As for bringing back the dead, if this is what he village wants then let me know who we need to bring back.

Ceekay brought up the idea to bring back a player after today's lynch. You must submit your order before everyone submits their night time orders. The good specials must hold off submitting orders and wait for bulletpig to say he has submitted his. I'm Okay with this play if you will be around to submit a resurrection order before time expires.

Roll Tide!
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #551 on: September 27, 2010, 05:27:37 PM »

Quote from: Bulletpig on September 27, 2010, 05:14:33 PM

Nothing to really comment on.  If the general concensus is that I should wake a certain person from the dead, I have no problem with it.

So here are two possible scenarios:

1) The Hunter protected BP from the wolves on Night 1. That means BP is most likely going to be the target of the wolves on Night 2. If true he should rez envy or today's lynch if we kill another innocent villager. This needs to happen before the Night orders are completed.
2) The Hunter protected Scoop from the wolves on Night 1. That means Scoop is most likely going to be the target of the wolves on Night 2. If true, the Hunter will probably protect BP while BP should consider using his rez on Scoop so that the village will get an extra scan out of the Seer when the Hunter protects him on Night 3.

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
newcastle

View Profile
« Reply #552 on: September 27, 2010, 05:28:55 PM »

Quote from: Silky on September 26, 2010, 06:40:41 PM

I'm in favor of lynching Scoop for the following reasons.  I am happy enough to know that Lassr is likely a good guy.  What I don't need to know but the wolves do is his exact role.  I imagine every day we leave Scoop alive is another day the wolves get to narrow down the pool of good specials.  The wolves probably banked we would be unwilling to lynch the seer and it looks like they may be right.  He is also dangerous to leave around for n-1 votes.  I believe he is either a bad guy to start with or became one.

found this interesting...reread the first 2 sentences...then again, then again...doesnt it seem incongrous? YOu're willing to lynch scoop, but also likely believe that Lassr is innocent.

Lassr - thanks for mentioning Silky he'd also been hiding around the edges.

Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #553 on: September 27, 2010, 05:29:15 PM »

Quote from: Lassr on September 27, 2010, 05:25:28 PM

Ceekay brought up the idea to bring back a player after today's lynch. You must submit your order before everyone submits their night time orders. The good specials must hold off submitting orders and wait for bulletpig to say he has submitted his. I'm Okay with this play if you will be around to submit a resurrection order before time expires.

Lassr, I'm down with the plan as well. Just let me know when to put my order in since I go first.

rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #554 on: September 27, 2010, 05:30:06 PM »

Quote from: Scoop20906 on September 27, 2010, 05:03:44 PM

Quote from: rickfc on September 27, 2010, 05:02:52 PM

I might agree but why do you think so?

vibe?  theo is playing the same way he did last game, and he was the alpha wolf.  Scrapper? Just because.
Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #555 on: September 27, 2010, 05:31:57 PM »

Quote from: Moliere on September 27, 2010, 05:27:37 PM

Quote from: Bulletpig on September 27, 2010, 05:14:33 PM

So here are two possible scenarios:

1) The Hunter protected BP from the wolves on Night 1. That means BP is most likely going to be the target of the wolves on Night 2. If true he should rez envy or today's lynch if we kill another innocent villager. This needs to happen before the Night orders are completed.
2) The Hunter protected Scoop from the wolves on Night 1. That means Scoop is most likely going to be the target of the wolves on Night 2. If true, the Hunter will probably protect BP while BP should consider using his rez on Scoop so that the village will get an extra scan out of the Seer when the Hunter protects him on Night 3.

Scenario 2 is the perfect scenario but the problem is Bulletpig would need to wait until the next day to rez me. We won't know who lives or dies until the next day and by then it will be too late for Bulletpig if he is dead and then he misses his chance to rez. Too risky.

newcastle

View Profile
« Reply #556 on: September 27, 2010, 05:41:20 PM »

Quote from: Lassr on September 27, 2010, 05:25:28 PM

i like this play as well. As much as I'd like to hold off and use it in case scoop is the seer...i think bulletpig is high on the targets for the bad guys, so we are going to have to use his power asap.

Another thing to think about right now guys...we really got lucky last night with the protection, that pushed the bad guys back 1 turn and with a rez coming tonight, we are going to push them back a bit more. They are on the defensive and that's a good thing...and basically treading water.
ScubaV

View Profile
« Reply #557 on: September 27, 2010, 06:03:35 PM »

Scoop20906: 4 (rshetts2, theohall, Silky, Scraper)
Scraper: 5 (ScubaV, Soulchilde, Moliere, newcastle, bulletpig)
Silky: 1 (Lassr)
rshetts2: 1 (Isgrimnur)

No Votes: CeeKay, Cragmyre, rickfc, Jaydee, Qantaga, Scoop

I have absolute faith in the power of people to be stupid.

My vision is augmented.
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #558 on: September 27, 2010, 06:52:27 PM »

I think Newcastle asked earlier why I was so unwilling to let Scoop live through the day and the simple answer is that I am willing to let him live. I actually stated that it may be a good idea a couple of pages back, well before the current Scraper train started. My problem is coming up with a better target. Lassr recommended Silky. Is that because he is lurking or do you have a better reason than that?

For now Withdraw Scoop

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Lassr

View Profile
« Reply #559 on: September 27, 2010, 07:05:55 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on September 27, 2010, 06:52:27 PM

Lassr recommended Silky. Is that because he is lurking or do you have a better reason than that?

rather quiet, his post voting for scoop (referenced above by Newcastle) came after some started seeing the light about keeping scoop alive and how does he know I'm a good guy? Scoop could be lying, I know he's not lying about me but no one else does.

Want to see a little more participation from him. I always stop and figure out who I forgot was playing the game, Silky came to mind when I saw his post voting for Scoop. I forgot about him, and that may have been his goal. Lay low out of the limelight. Good spot for an important special bad guy to sit while he uses his powers.

Roll Tide!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 37   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: