http://gamingtrend.com
August 23, 2014, 09:35:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 37   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [WW] GTville VI: Bloodlust GAME OVER - VILLAGERS WIN  (Read 21668 times)
Scoop20906
Gaming Trend Senior Member

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #480 on: September 26, 2010, 05:26:51 PM »

Quote from: theohall on September 26, 2010, 05:25:05 PM

Quote from: Scoop20906 on September 26, 2010, 05:23:40 PM

Quote from: theohall on September 26, 2010, 05:21:10 PM

Quote from: Scoop20906 on September 26, 2010, 05:11:54 PM

Quote from: theohall on September 26, 2010, 04:56:13 PM

I would rather do without the confusion Scoop as the Seer presents.  It's that simple.  The only time we can trust anything from him is after he is lynched and if he turns up as a villager upon lynch.

Leaving him alive only leads to more confusion.  Is he infected already?  Don't know which means not trusting his scan today.  If he lives through the night, was he infected during the night or was he protected?  Don't know.  Can't trust him, again.  No matter what we do, as long as Scoop is alive, we can't trust his scans.  This is the crux of the problem and there is no simple way around it that I can see other than lynching him and then trusting his scans if he was still a villager.

This is all assuming Scoop is telling the truth about being the Seer.

(FYI - Scoop - check my last game here, the last game on OO, and the current one.  Good luck reading me again)

If anyone is spreading confusion its you.

Go ahead and kill me please so I don't have to deal with this. UGH!

You are the one who asked for my opinion.  Now that you've got it, you're quitting????  Nice...

I appreciate you finally posting something. Too bad its completely wrong.

It's wrong to you.... you've done this before and been a wolf.... so I don't feel bad at all about it.  Strongly dislike that you are taking the suicide route - which is completely lame.

I don't want you to feel bad, theohall. Your posts just come over very anti-scoop a majority of the time. Not sure if you mean to do it but thats how I read it. Gets on my nerves.

The Gone Gold Effect has a strong influence on the weak minded ...
GamerTag: Scoop20906
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #481 on: September 26, 2010, 05:27:17 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 26, 2010, 05:25:51 PM

Quote from: Scoop20906 on September 26, 2010, 05:22:55 PM

Scoop20906: 6 (Cragmyre, theohall, Moliere, ceekay, scrapper, scoop20906)

Lets get this over with, please.

I'm counting:

7 scoop (the ones you listed plus, I almost missed it while trying to confirm MoMo's count which seemed off to me too- rshetts had one buries in one of his posts)
1 CeeKay (lassr)

ug, Moliere, not MoMo.  MoMo is the bar who's ad I'm looking at right now.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #482 on: September 26, 2010, 05:28:21 PM »

Scoop20906: 7 (Cragmyre, theohall, Moliere, ceekay, scrapper, scoop20906, rshetts)

Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #483 on: September 26, 2010, 05:28:39 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 26, 2010, 05:27:17 PM

ug, Moliere, not MoMo.  MoMo is the bar who's ad I'm looking at right now.

And here I was trying to think of a new nickname for you.

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
Cragmyre

View Profile
« Reply #484 on: September 26, 2010, 05:29:17 PM »

For the record, I didn't post the first vote for Scoop, I was the second, so someone is missing in that tally.

I suffer from EGADD - Electronic Gaming Attention Deficit Disorder
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #485 on: September 26, 2010, 05:31:54 PM »

Quote from: Scoop20906 on September 26, 2010, 05:28:21 PM

Scoop20906: 7 (rshetts, Cragmyre, theohall, Moliere, ceekay, scraper, scoop20906)

that should be the proper order.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #486 on: September 26, 2010, 05:32:36 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 26, 2010, 05:31:54 PM

Scoop20906: 7 (rshetts, Cragmyre, theohall, Moliere, ceekay, scraper, scoop20906)
CeeKay: 1 (lassr)

that should be the proper order.

added mine to avoid editing.

Because I can,
Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #487 on: September 26, 2010, 05:33:06 PM »

Lets get this over with, please. We only need three more votes.

Thanks, Ceekay.

Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #488 on: September 26, 2010, 05:37:08 PM »

Of course it may also make sense to vote for Lassr tonight. Lets assume that Scoop really is the Seer and not the Wolf that everyone thinks he is. If we don't lynch him we get one more scan out of him. But, if we do lynch him then no more scans. To cover our bases we lynch Lassr, who is also a wolf if Scoop is in fact a wolf.

If we let Scoop live and he doesn't get killed by the wolves tonight then he is most likely a wolf or infected. In that case we Lynch him the next day. Just some thoughts, but I'm not ready to change my vote yet.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
theohall

View Profile
« Reply #489 on: September 26, 2010, 05:39:12 PM »

Quote from: Scoop20906 on September 26, 2010, 05:26:51 PM

I don't want you to feel bad, theohall. Your posts just come over very anti-scoop a majority of the time. Not sure if you mean to do it but thats how I read it. Gets on my nerves.

This is part of the problem with these over the internet.  Not trying to be "anti-Scoop", but trying to do what I think is best for the village.  I know, you think it's wolfish.  There is no gray area in-between.
Lassr

View Profile
« Reply #490 on: September 26, 2010, 05:39:13 PM »

Quote from: Scoop20906 on September 26, 2010, 05:13:36 PM

Friggin idiots.  disgust You guys don't deserve another scan. Go wolves! Go vamps!

Lassr, good luck with this bunch.

Lynch scoop20906

Yeah, lynching now means nothing also. If you are wolf, were you always a wolf or were you the seer turned wolf, yesterday or today. If you are villager today then we have 1 known scan, me as villager. If you are lynched as villager tomorrow then we have 2 scans. Since the wolves can infect at ANY time then it doesn't matter when we lynch you. As a wolf I wouldn't waste my conversion on someone who is dying soon though.

Roll Tide!
Lassr

View Profile
« Reply #491 on: September 26, 2010, 05:43:27 PM »

Scoop20906: 7 (Cragmyre, theohall, Moliere, ceekay, scrapper, scoop20906, rshetts)

if you are wolf then brilliant setting me up. You knew I'd defend your position of keeping you alive per my MO. But make the village kill you.

Roll Tide!
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #492 on: September 26, 2010, 05:46:08 PM »

Quote from: Lassr on September 26, 2010, 05:43:27 PM

if you are wolf then brilliant setting me up. You knew I'd defend your position of keeping you alive per my MO. But make the village kill you.

I thought about this too. That would take some serious long conning, I'm not sure I'm sold on that scenario.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Lassr

View Profile
« Reply #493 on: September 26, 2010, 05:48:13 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on September 26, 2010, 05:37:08 PM

Of course it may also make sense to vote for Lassr tonight. Lets assume that Scoop really is the Seer and not the Wolf that everyone thinks he is. If we don't lynch him we get one more scan out of him. But, if we do lynch him then no more scans. To cover our bases we lynch Lassr, who is also a wolf if Scoop is in fact a wolf.

If we let Scoop live and he doesn't get killed by the wolves tonight then he is most likely a wolf or infected. In that case we Lynch him the next day. Just some thoughts, but I'm not ready to change my vote yet.

that makes no sense at all. That only works if he pointed out a wolf today, you lynch his target and if he is a villager then scoop is a wolf.  I am a villager, scoop knows this because he is a wolf or he really did scan me. Lynching me and me showing up villager means nothing. Sure if I am wolf then you have something but what are the odds that scoop is going to put a huge target on his partner. Dumb move. Only time you want to add your partner into a cleared list as a fake seer is if you have numerous scans...NOT your only scan.

Roll Tide!
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #494 on: September 26, 2010, 05:54:51 PM »

Quote from: Lassr on September 26, 2010, 05:48:13 PM

that makes no sense at all. That only works if he pointed out a wolf today, you lynch his target and if he is a villager then scoop is a wolf.  I am a villager, scoop knows this because he is a wolf or he really did scan me. Lynching me and me showing up villager means nothing. Sure if I am wolf then you have something but what are the odds that scoop is going to put a huge target on his partner. Dumb move. Only time you want to add your partner into a cleared list as a fake seer is if you have numerous scans...NOT your only scan.

Here's what I don't get. If he really is a Seer, then why did he scan you? You gave no reason to be scanned at all. Did he just randomly pick your name out of the 19? I doubt it.

Lassr

View Profile
« Reply #495 on: September 26, 2010, 06:04:27 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on September 26, 2010, 05:54:51 PM

Here's what I don't get. If he really is a Seer, then why did he scan you? You gave no reason to be scanned at all. Did he just randomly pick your name out of the 19? I doubt it.

History. Ask him about the last game at OO when I was bad.

Roll Tide!
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #496 on: September 26, 2010, 06:07:22 PM »

Jeez Scoop  you ask me to explain why I felt there was risk.  I explain that you are compromised as a seer due to the situation and that we cant at this point trust your scans.  What is so hard to understand about that?  In response you go all emo and vote for suicide?!  Maybe Im wrong and youre a goth, what with the emo thing.   Sorry that you feel this way.  I am just putting forth what I believe is in the best interest of the village.  I will say one thing though,  your disagreeing with me is certainly not enough to make me want to hang myself.   You want 1 more day?  I guess considering the damage youve done to your own credibility now, theres not much you can do to further hurt the village.  withdraw Scoop   Ive said how I feel, if the village agrees or not, Ill let them take point on this.  

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
Lassr

View Profile
« Reply #497 on: September 26, 2010, 06:11:28 PM »

before we lynch, I say we have Bulletpig resurrect envy24.

Roll Tide!
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #498 on: September 26, 2010, 06:15:49 PM »

Here's another possibility. Scoop is the Vamp, this would explain his being able to resist an infection, it would also rightly give him a scan. Which would mean that Lassr actually is a villager. Assuming Scoop is telling the truth about that.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #499 on: September 26, 2010, 06:18:49 PM »

Quote from: Lassr on September 26, 2010, 06:11:28 PM

Since he can do it anytime why not have him wait until right after since then there could be two in need of a res?  It's an instant, and night doesn't   end until the hunter and Undertaker send in their orders. They just wait until they see BP do the rez.

Because I can,
Qantaga

View Profile
« Reply #500 on: September 26, 2010, 06:20:31 PM »

Quote from: Lassr on September 26, 2010, 02:35:42 PM

Question everyone needs to ask themselves, "If I was a wolf, would I infect Scoop knowing he was going to die in a few days or go for someone I think may live a while?"

This is the $64,000 question.

I was thinking about this very thing. Here are some possiblities:

1. Scoop has been a wolf all along. Therefore, he was not infected.

2. Scoop is the Seer and was infected as soon as the lynch votes started being withdrawn to convert the Seer.

3. Scoop survived the night, by Hunter protection, by infection protection, or by being ignored by the wolves. He is currently an innocent Seer.

4. Scoop survived the night (not under Hunter's protection), but has been infected by the wolves today.

Only Scoop and the wolves know for sure. Even if the Hunter protected Scoop last night, he wouldn't know if Scoop had been infected prior to protection.

Boggles the mind a bit, huh?

However, here's where I go back to Lassr's question. If I put myself in the mind of a wolf (assuming for the moment that Scoop is truly the Seer), I don't think I would have infected Scoop. Yes, there is a risk in a non-infected Seer could expose a wolf, but I think I would want my infection to be on someone who would be around for the long haul. I would probably even hang on to it until one wolf has been lynched (or until the Alpha is n-1). It would be extremely powerful as a late game ability.

I now believe that we should NOT lynch Scoop. Let's let him get the scan he wants tonight. Maybe we'll get really lucky and he's still a good Seer who can scan a wolf. If he tells us tomorrow that he got a wolf, excellent. If not, he dies tomorrow. If he comes up wolf at that point, we can ignore all his previous info.

What do we have to lose? Even if he is a wolf, or an infected Seer, there is still another wolf or two out there killing someone tonight.

Heck, we may even make the wolves do their own dirty work and force them to kill Scoop (if he's innocent) rather than us lynching him, while we get the benefit of a marginal shot a hitting a wolf on our own today.

On another note, I'm 99% sure Lassr is innocent. No way a wolf would have named one of his own as safe this early. The 1% that Lassr is evil is on the point Scoop made that the wolves could have infected Lassr after he was scanned innocent.

Anyway, my 2 cents is that we ignore Scoop for now. Let him either be killed by the wolves tonight or get his scan (maybe giving us a wolf).

Cross-posted with rshetts2's withdrawl of Scoop.

Xbox Live: Sukaro
PSN: Suroka

Until I die I'll sing these songs on the shores of Babylon
Still looking for a home in a world where I belong

~Switchfoot
newcastle

View Profile
« Reply #501 on: September 26, 2010, 06:22:33 PM »

There's no reason to lynch scoop right now the vamps/wolves will knock him out for us. I really am wondering why the moves toward lynching him, pretty bad move on a villagers point and if we do lynch the seer...we only play into the hands of the bad dudes. We force them to kill him, we dictate parts of the game, by dictating their moves.

I'd say everyone who's on that train should be closely looked at. There is no good & valid reason to lynch scoop this soon. We had a protection (in all likelihood) last night.

Remove your votes on him people..we have time.
Qantaga

View Profile
« Reply #502 on: September 26, 2010, 06:24:40 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 26, 2010, 06:18:49 PM

Since he can do it anytime why not have him wait until right after since then there could be two in need of a res?  It's an instant, and night doesn't   end until the hunter and Undertaker send in their orders. They just wait until they see BP do the rez.

I like having Bulletpig perform a rez on envy24, especially since Bulletpig will almost certainly be eaten tonight, if he was the target last night. We know for sure that envy's innocent. I guess we're safe doing what CeeKay suggests to see if there's someone else we might want to rez, but maybe we should go ahead and get the known innocent, just to be certain.

Xbox Live: Sukaro
PSN: Suroka

Until I die I'll sing these songs on the shores of Babylon
Still looking for a home in a world where I belong

~Switchfoot
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #503 on: September 26, 2010, 06:25:12 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on September 26, 2010, 06:15:49 PM

Here's another possibility. Scoop is the Vamp, this would explain his being able to resist an infection, it would also rightly give him a scan. Which would mean that Lassr actually is a villager. Assuming Scoop is telling the truth about that.

The more I think about it, the more convinced I am that Scoop is the Vamp. My vote stands for now.

newcastle

View Profile
« Reply #504 on: September 26, 2010, 06:30:02 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on September 26, 2010, 05:54:51 PM

Last game over at OO Lassr was a very effective bad guy, it was a really good play on his part. i was modding the game and was impressed with how lassr ran it. You have to realize that about 6-8 of us have played consistently with each other for a while now (3-4 years....and they are lassr, scoop, isgrinmur, theohall, souulchilde, & myself)..with a few guest appearances by rickfc here and there....so if i were the seer, I would have actually scanned lassr myself. 
Lassr

View Profile
« Reply #505 on: September 26, 2010, 06:32:16 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on September 26, 2010, 06:25:12 PM

Quote from: Scraper on September 26, 2010, 06:15:49 PM

The more I think about it, the more convinced I am that Scoop is the Vamp. My vote stands for now.

it is possible but we'd still find out tomorrow if he's still around.

Roll Tide!
newcastle

View Profile
« Reply #506 on: September 26, 2010, 06:32:32 PM »

Quote from: Qantaga on September 26, 2010, 06:24:40 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on September 26, 2010, 06:18:49 PM

I like having Bulletpig perform a rez on envy24, especially since Bulletpig will almost certainly be eaten tonight, if he was the target last night. We know for sure that envy's innocent. I guess we're safe doing what CeeKay suggests to see if there's someone else we might want to rez, but maybe we should go ahead and get the known innocent, just to be certain.

That's not a bad idea quantaga and is something to consider. The wolves/vamps have 2 people who they should be targeting, bulletpig & scoop. tonights death will be instructive, since most likely a protection happened last night, and if i were the bad guys I'd go after that person...the other thing is maybe a collission happened adn the vamps/wolves hit the same target.
Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #507 on: September 26, 2010, 06:32:56 PM »

I picked Lassr because he was doing a great job at being very reasonable, posting thoughtfully and also posting consistently which is the best place for a wolf to hide.

As for the self-vote and some of you giving me crap about it, you are the same people who want me to dead today only because its confusing to you. With logic like that I just wanted to help make the game simpler.

Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #508 on: September 26, 2010, 06:35:39 PM »

Quote from: Scoop20906 on September 26, 2010, 06:32:56 PM

I picked Lassr because he was doing a great job at being very reasonable, posting thoughtfully and also posting consistently which is the best place for a wolf to hide.

As for the self-vote and some of you giving me crap about it, you are the same people who want me to dead today only because its confusing to you. With logic like that I just wanted to help make the game simpler.

Nice, the "I'm smarter than you and you're stupid" post. Way to stay alive, especially when we were starting to give reasons to keep you around.  icon_mad

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #509 on: September 26, 2010, 06:36:23 PM »

I'm still saying BP should wait until after the lynch. Hunter & Undertaker hold your votes until after he does it just in case another villager is lynched, there may be a better choice to bring back other than envy.

Again, the Rez would get done before anyone died at night.

And withdraw Scoop for now, although I don't there's going to be a lynch rush on him on a Sunday.  I'm probably out for the rest of the day while I'm working.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #510 on: September 26, 2010, 06:38:27 PM »

Change hunter and undertaker hold your votes to hunter and undertaker hold your orders.

Because I can,
Silky
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #511 on: September 26, 2010, 06:40:41 PM »

I'm in favor of lynching Scoop for the following reasons.  I am happy enough to know that Lassr is likely a good guy.  What I don't need to know but the wolves do is his exact role.  I imagine every day we leave Scoop alive is another day the wolves get to narrow down the pool of good specials.  The wolves probably banked we would be unwilling to lynch the seer and it looks like they may be right.  He is also dangerous to leave around for n-1 votes.  I believe he is either a bad guy to start with or became one.
Lassr

View Profile
« Reply #512 on: September 26, 2010, 06:49:00 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 26, 2010, 06:36:23 PM

I'm still saying BP should wait until after the lynch. Hunter & Undertaker hold your votes until after he does it just in case another villager is lynched, there may be a better choice to bring back other than envy.

ah yes, I see what you are saying. We lynch and bulletpig resurrects either envy24 or tonight's lynch. He would have to do it before the wolves issued their orders. He would need to be here when the lynch happens. If the MOD processes the orders in the order he receives and the wolves immediately submit a kill bulletpig order then it doesn't matter. In the order received it would be wolves kill bulletpig before he can resurrect.

Roll Tide!
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #513 on: September 26, 2010, 06:50:42 PM »

You know Scoop things being confusing to us isnt the ONLY reason we want to lynch you.  Its condesending posts like this that help.  You dont like what youre hearing so we are all confused and illogical?  You started out condesending you may as well go out that way.  I believe you are a wolf and the right thing to do with a wolf is lynch him.  Lynch Scoop

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
ravenvii

View Profile
« Reply #514 on: September 26, 2010, 06:59:50 PM »

Quote from: Lassr on September 26, 2010, 06:49:00 PM

ah yes, I see what you are saying. We lynch and bulletpig resurrects either envy24 or tonight's lynch. He would have to do it before the wolves issued their orders. He would need to be here when the lynch happens. If the MOD processes the orders in the order he receives and the wolves immediately submit a kill bulletpig order then it doesn't matter. In the order received it would be wolves kill bulletpig before he can resurrect.

Mostly correct. However, if the wolves immediately issue their orders, but I didn't get the undertaker/hunter/seer/blahblah orders, then the wolves' orders isn't in "effect" yet and assuming Bulletpig is the sorcerer, as long as Bulletpig issues his order before the others (if the wolves already have their orders in), Bulletpig will get his shot.

In other words, the good guys can strategically hold up their orders until Bulletpig does his thing.

Not trying to influence the game, just saying that's how it works.

And the tally:

Scoop20906: 7 (Cragmyre, theohall, Moliere, Scraper, Scoop20906, Silky, rshetts2)
CeeKay: 1 (Lassr)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 08:22:54 PM by ravenvii » Logged
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #515 on: September 26, 2010, 07:02:53 PM »

Read the turn order. Wolves go last, and only when the rest of the orders have been turned in. The rez is an INSTANT. I imagine that means it happens the second raven gets the pm. That's why I say the hunter and undertaker would need to hold their orders until BP gave the all clear. Now that i have hopefully clarified that back to work I go.

Thank you raven

Because I can,
Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #516 on: September 26, 2010, 07:23:43 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on September 26, 2010, 06:35:39 PM

Nice, the "I'm smarter than you and you're stupid" post. Way to stay alive, especially when we were starting to give reasons to keep you around.  icon_mad

Yep, thats what I'm going for. All I was asking for before was to be killed tomorrow. Now I want it done now. Both of these positions are untenable I'm guessing, huh?

Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #517 on: September 26, 2010, 07:28:11 PM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on September 26, 2010, 06:50:42 PM

You know Scoop things being confusing to us isnt the ONLY reason we want to lynch you.  Its condesending posts like this that help.  You dont like what youre hearing so we are all confused and illogical?  You started out condesending you may as well go out that way.  I believe you are a wolf and the right thing to do with a wolf is lynch him.  Lynch Scoop

You are the one that said keeping me alive was too confusing. I'm the one that said the your vote was not logical and also wrong.

Lassr

View Profile
« Reply #518 on: September 26, 2010, 07:50:00 PM »

Quote from: ravenvii on September 26, 2010, 06:59:50 PM

Mostly correct. However, if the wolves immediately issue their orders, but I didn't get the undertaker/hunter/seer/blahblah orders, then the wolves' orders isn't in "effect" yet, and as long as Bulletpig issues his order before the others (if the wolves already have their orders in), Bulletpig will get his shot.

In other words, the good guys can strategically hold up their orders until Bulletpig does his thing.

Not trying to influence the game, just saying that's how it works.

ok, thanks. Then that is doable. One thing is if bulletpig refused to resurrect today then we'd have ourselves a wolf or vamp today...or one stubborn sorcerer.

Roll Tide!
Cragmyre

View Profile
« Reply #519 on: September 26, 2010, 10:07:26 PM »

Another possible way for the wolves to use the infection would be to infect the one the seer found to be innocent.  We'd all think Lassr was an innocent villager because of the seer's scan, but he would be able to stay safely hidden if he were infected.  I'll withdraw Scoop for the moment.

I suffer from EGADD - Electronic Gaming Attention Deficit Disorder
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 37   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: