http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 08:48:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 37   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [WW] GTville VI: Bloodlust GAME OVER - VILLAGERS WIN  (Read 22215 times)
rshetts2
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #400 on: September 25, 2010, 03:50:12 AM »

Quote from: newcastle on September 22, 2010, 05:39:49 PM

Quote from: envy24 on September 22, 2010, 05:29:45 PM

Quote from: newcastle on September 22, 2010, 05:28:55 PM

isnt that special?

i view edits pretty much akin to cheating

vote envy

if you read the rules edits are allowed in this game.

and? i still disliked edits big time, and still view them akin to cheating....so my vote stands, you still have to satisfy your fellow villagers in terms fo the editing..,,i still dont like them, and wont...so
envy24

Ok  NC  I understand your point regarding continuity of information but if the above statements are not calling someone out for cheating then what is?  I just thought it was harsh,  it bothered me and I decided to speak out about it.  If you really have an issue with it, shouldnt you take it up with the mod who set the rules?  If he agrees with your point of view Im sure he can make a rule change and I doubt anyone would really mind that much. Anyways,  I wont beat on this any further because this is after all a game and as such supposed to be fun.

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
newcastle

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: September 25, 2010, 04:28:29 AM »

ok i understand where you are coming from in terms of the accusations of cheating...and it wasnt meant as a direct accusation...will tone that aspect down in this game. all apologies to envy24 i didn't and dont think you cheated...sorry to rshetts that it got under your skin...and sorry to the other players.
ravenvii

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: September 25, 2010, 04:48:05 AM »

"That cannot be."

envy24 was met with unbelief when he stood before the villagers and told them of werewolves and vampires. "Yes, it is true! The abominations are among us! They are back in GTville! There are some lynchin' to be done!"

"... You spread lies. You spread fear. You assembled us here in order to incite us to commit murder. That is treason, envy24. Do you realize this?" said newcastle. "Werewolves and vampires have never entered this domain, let alone GTville."

"No! I have read the histories! The population in this village was decimated by werewolves before you came!"

"... and vampires, as well?"

"No, they couldn't find the correct person to convert, so they wouldn't attack."

"... What think you, villagers?"

"Lies!" "Treason!" "Lynch him!"

"You see? The village, as do I, do not find your story believable. And it is true, treason is punishable by death." newcastle stood up. "The will of the village decides."

"No! You doom yourselves! newcastle is not your leader! Don't act like he is! It is not treason, but patriotism that committed me to tell you the truth!"

"LIES! TREASON! TO THE GALLOWS!" bellowed the village.

Scoop20906 and Bulletpig stepped towards and grabbed envy24 by the arms and dragged him to the gallows as newcastle climbed to the platform and readied the noose and the lever.

"YOU DOOM YOURSELVES! YOU WILL REGRET THIS!" screamed envy24 as the noose was slipped over his head.

newcastle pulled the lever.

envy24 is a villager. 17 now remain. It is NIGHT - Specials, you know what to do. Oh yea, and you have 'til 1 AM Monday to do it.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 04:51:15 AM by ravenvii » Logged
Lassr

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: September 25, 2010, 05:08:10 AM »

Please post a final vote count.

Roll Tide!
Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: September 25, 2010, 11:44:45 AM »

My orders are in.

The Gone Gold Effect has a strong influence on the weak minded ...
GamerTag: Scoop20906
newcastle

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: September 25, 2010, 07:44:40 PM »

Hey guys, I am out...I dont have the time to devote to this and its actually more of a distraction to things I have to get done.
ScubaV

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: September 25, 2010, 07:48:58 PM »

Quote from: newcastle on September 25, 2010, 07:44:40 PM

Hey guys, I am out...I dont have the time to devote to this and its actually more of a distraction to things I have to get done.

Why did you sign up then?

I have absolute faith in the power of people to be stupid.

My vision is augmented.
ravenvii

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: September 25, 2010, 08:06:10 PM »

The villagers woke one by one as the sun climbed up the sky. Some had a restful sleep; some had lingering feelings about yesterday's events.

However, as they mingled in the town, their beliefs from the day prior has been confirmed. Nothing has happened during the night. There were no werewolf or vampire attacks; nor are there any missing villagers.

However, when some villagers venture into the woods to hunt game, they come back with reports of animals hanging from the branches of trees, gutted and shredded by teeth and claws bigger than any animal that normally roam the woods. A deer was also brought in, with bite marks on its neck. The deer was void of any blood.

Still, those strange discoveries did not arouse any serious suspicions in the village. "There is a rational explanation" is the answer given by most to any doubts.

It is now DAY. Everyone survived the night. The majority vote is 9.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 08:08:09 PM by ravenvii » Logged
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: September 25, 2010, 08:08:09 PM »

lynch newcastle

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: September 25, 2010, 08:11:34 PM »

Quote from: newcastle on September 25, 2010, 07:44:40 PM

Newcastle, I have to assume you are joking here. Right?  retard You aren't just dropping out with a post like this.

Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: September 25, 2010, 08:12:14 PM »

Ok, something real weird happened last night. Not sure what but I am still alive and I got my scan.

Lassr = Villager

theohall

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: September 25, 2010, 08:15:15 PM »

I would not lynch newcastle for that post.  Bad guys don't quit.  We need to lynch bad guys, not villagers.

So.... lynch Moliere.

Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: September 25, 2010, 08:18:29 PM »

Quote from: theohall on September 25, 2010, 08:15:15 PM

I would not lynch newcastle for that post.  Bad guys don't quit.  We need to lynch bad guys, not villagers.

So.... lynch Moliere.

What's the point of having newcastle in the game if he isn't participating? If we don't lynch him then he should be taken out of the pool of villagers. My vote was just me being annoyed at his abrupt departure. I've only played a couple of these games. What do you guys normally do when someone quits?

Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: September 25, 2010, 08:19:30 PM »

Quote from: Scoop20906 on September 25, 2010, 08:12:14 PM

Ok, something real weird happened last night. Not sure what but I am still alive and I got my scan.

Lassr = Villager

That's a good start. A couple of possibilities: the wolves tried to attack the Hunter or they tried to attack who the Hunter was protecting. If the latter is true that gives us a potential of up to five known innocents unless the Hunter protected BP or you. In that case we still have four known innocents. I don't think the Hunter should go public, but it should help us in the next day or two once we make another attempt at a wolf.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: September 25, 2010, 08:22:33 PM »

Well, according to the rules the vampire isn't active until the goth scans him, so I'm assuming the dead deer is a sign.  Now to figure out if the wolves attacked the vamp, the hunter or someone protected.

I wouldnt worry about Newcastle, if he quits he's just dead weight, i wouldnt waste a vote on him.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
newcastle

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: September 25, 2010, 08:26:36 PM »

Quote from: Moliere on September 25, 2010, 08:18:29 PM

So.... lynch Moliere.

What's the point of having newcastle in the game if he isn't participating? If we don't lynch him then he should be taken out of the pool of villagers. My vote was just me being annoyed at his abrupt departure. I've only played a couple of these games. What do you guys normally do when someone quits?

Let me rephrase this...I cant devote time to play, I wont be "deadweight" in terms of voting, I will try to pop in and vote, but I cant devote as much time as I would like..ie analysis, participation, etc. Just things came up that are causing me to devote a lot of time to, which to be honest I hadn't anticipated coming up.
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: September 25, 2010, 08:28:23 PM »

Quote from: newcastle on September 25, 2010, 08:26:36 PM

Quote from: Moliere on September 25, 2010, 08:18:29 PM

So.... lynch Moliere.

Let me rephrase this...I cant devote time to play, I wont be "deadweight" in terms of voting, I will try to pop in and vote, but I cant devote as much time as I would like..ie analysis, participation, etc. Just things came up that are causing me to devote a lot of time to, which to be honest I hadn't anticipated coming up.

withdraw newcastle

Qantaga

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: September 25, 2010, 08:58:36 PM »

So, there is quite a bit of interesting information here:

1. Is Scoop really the Seer? If he is not, one person is aware of that fact.

2. Is Bulletpig the Sorcerer? If he is not, one person is aware of that fact.

3. Is Lassr innocent? If Scoop is a wolf, would he give us an innocent or would he try to cover another wolf with a fake scan?

4. Who was protected last night? Scoop as an obvious choice for the WW Hunter? Or Bulletpig as Scoop suggested since Scoop could be rezzed by Bulletpig, if needed? Only the wolves and the WW Hunter know for sure. (Note: I am not asking the Hunter to tell us this, just speculating on the fact that no one was killed overnight).

5. Was there an infection instead of a kill last night? The really dangerous scenario would be if the Hunter followed Scoop's advice to protect Bulletpig, then the wolves infected Scoop, instead of trying to kill him. It would seem too big of a risk for the wolves on the first night, knowing that Scoop might be protected and they could lose their infection, but one they may have considered since Scoop himself suggested the Hunter protect Bulletpig.

6. Is newcastle's "drop out" post a red herring to lead us away from his wolfiness? It would seem to indicate his innocence, since a wolf wouldn't "drop out," he would just let his partner run things. It seems a straight up post and I would dearly hope no one would try to mislead us with "real life," but we can't rule anything out.

At the moment, the scenario that I'm most likely to believe is that Lassr is innocent. Even if Scoop is spoofing the Seer or has been converted, I would doubt he would name another wolf as his scan so early in the game knowing that the real Seer was already on to him and would lead us to test Lassr soon. So, that seems too big a risk for a wolf and I am considering Lassr to be good for now.

A lot to sort through.

Xbox Live: Sukaro
PSN: Suroka

Until I die I'll sing these songs on the shores of Babylon
Still looking for a home in a world where I belong

~Switchfoot
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: September 25, 2010, 09:06:29 PM »

Qan, something jogged my memory when you mentioned the infection, so I checked ravens rules.  It says the infection can happen anytime, and doesn't specify night or day. That idea doesn't make me warm and gooey.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Qantaga

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: September 25, 2010, 09:34:33 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 25, 2010, 09:06:29 PM

Qan, something jogged my memory when you mentioned the infection, so I checked ravens rules.  It says the infection can happen anytime, and doesn't specify night or day. That idea doesn't make me warm and gooey.

Eek.  icon_eek

That would almost certainly indicate that Scoop is now a wolf.

1. As we're all aware, he could be faking Seer at n-1 to avoid getting lynched in an effort to get the Seer to reveal himself.

2. If he really is the Seer, the minute Scoop revealed, the wolves could have immediately infected him before any protection orders could be given, since they would know that he was telling the truth about being the Seer.

Of course, the wolves could be using a little iocane powder of their own, saving the infection for later, while leaving us to ponder this very scenario and lynch Scoop for them.

The interesting part is, if we lynch Scoop, then have Bulletpig revive him, will Scoop return as infected wolf or good Seer? The rules don't specifiy, so I guess death doesn't cleanse the infection and once a wolf, always a wolf.

I think we almost have to lynch Scoop now. frown

Any thoughts?

ravenvii, if a good villager (special or not) is infected, then later rezzed, would they come back to the game still infected or good again?

Xbox Live: Sukaro
PSN: Suroka

Until I die I'll sing these songs on the shores of Babylon
Still looking for a home in a world where I belong

~Switchfoot
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: September 25, 2010, 10:08:24 PM »

Quote from: Qantaga on September 25, 2010, 09:34:33 PM

Any thoughts?

Given how early on day 1 that the Seer and the Sorc were outed (assuming they're both telling the truth) it seems likely that one of them was infected by the alpha wolf. Those are too good of a target to be passed up. We need to tread carefully in a village which now probably contains 3 wolves and possibly though less likely two vampires. Statistically, it seems unlikely that the vampire found a goth on the first night. Even removing Scoop, BP, envy and himself that still leaves only a 14% chance (1/7) of finding a goth on the first night.

My concerns:
1) If Scoop is not the Seer then the real Seer is in a dilemma about when to go public.
2) I would hate the Sorc to waste his one rez ability on an infected Seer or someone pretending to be the Seer.
3) What happens if the Alpha did hold back on the infection? We lynch Scoop, found to be innocent, rezzed, and then gets infected.  paranoid

rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: September 25, 2010, 10:18:23 PM »

reading the rules, theres nothing that states or implies that either death or a rez cleanses a person of an infection, so until Ravenvii confirms or denies this we have to assume that a rez does not alter the infection.  The other thing about infection is definitely worriesome.  It does state that at any time during the game, the alpha wolf may choose to infect a villager.  So yeah, the smart play by the wolves would be to have infected Scoop immediately after he came out, unless obviously he was already a wolf and decieving us.  It seems you are probably correct Qan,  that Scoop is almost certainly a wolf either way now.  If Scoop was faking seerdom, having the real seer come out would help us know for sure but as I figure we have to lynch Scoop either way, theres no sense in the seer revealing himself at all,  the problem of Scoop should be solved by days end.  I see no real option but to Lynch Scoop at this time.  We certainly can not afford to allow an infected seer to live.  Of course, if Scoop was faking seerdom, the same applies.

Cragmyre

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: September 25, 2010, 10:48:05 PM »

It seems that the sorcerer could rez anyone at anytime, though, of course, if it is Bulletpig, he'll be a likely target for the wolves.  So if the hunter didn't protect Bulletpig last night, they can protect him tonight.  And if the Vampire's are active, then that hunter may also need to protect him.  If Scoop has been turned, won't that be revealed the next morning?  For now I'll lynch Scoop.

I suffer from EGADD - Electronic Gaming Attention Deficit Disorder
theohall

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: September 26, 2010, 12:00:57 AM »

withdraw Moliere

lynch Scoop  for same reasons others have already mentioned.
ravenvii

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: September 26, 2010, 12:18:42 AM »

ravenvii, if a good villager (special or not) is infected, then later rezzed, would they come back to the game still infected or good again?

They will be resurrected as they were when they died. So yes, an infected villager will be resurrected an infected villager.
Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #425 on: September 26, 2010, 12:30:00 AM »

This is good analysis, Qantaga.

Since this is the first night I can only imagine the following happened last night.

1. The alpha werewolf converted someone last night. I'm pretty sure he would stay away from the Seer or Sorcerer since both have been probably outed (I know I have been, not sure about bulletpig). That means both myself and Bulletpig are probably NOT werewolves provided he is telling the truth like I am.

2. The werewolves tried to kill me or bulletpig and the Hunter was able to protect one of us. This is a great play by the hunter. The chances are very small that it was someone else that the hunter protected him or the werewolves decided not to kill anyone at all. Very small chance there.

3. Lassr is most likely a villager. I scanned him last night but the Seer scans before the werewolves go so its possible he was converted. Actually the fact that I announced my scan beforehand was a mistake since a clever werewolf would convert Lassr last night. We might need to consider lynching Lassr since he is a village and would keep us from outing/killing another special.

4. The seer is still alive so I am going to get another scan tonight. There is a 50% chance that the hunter protected bulletpig especially since he is the one that raise the dead. I might be able to give a 2nd scan tomorrow and I won't give out the name in advance this time just in case.

5. I'm dead by day three if the wolves are playing smart.

6. If you guys lynch the Seer (me) today then you aren't thinking things through.

Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: September 26, 2010, 12:33:23 AM »

Oh, I didn't read it that. That means the infections could have happened yesterday which means it would not have been blocked. I can't think of any reason why the alpha werewolf wouldn't convert someone as soon as possible.

Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: September 26, 2010, 12:37:48 AM »

Ok, guys, I know you have no reason to trust me but I have not been converted. That means someone else has.

Here is the thing, from the way I see it you don't need to kill me but its my point of view.

Let me get my scans for as long as I am alive. When you guys finally kill me or the wolves do, I will be shown to be a villager and you will have the scans I was able to provide.

Just something to think about.

Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: September 26, 2010, 12:42:08 AM »

Quote from: ravenvii on September 26, 2010, 12:18:42 AM

They will be resurrected as they were when they died. So yes, an infected villager will be resurrected an infected villager.

When I am killed whether by wolf or a bunch of bloodthirsty villagers, I will be shown as a village or a wolf if I was converted, correct? Why don't you guys think this through and leave my death to the wolves and try to get one of the bad guys?

Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: September 26, 2010, 01:01:06 AM »

Quote from: Scoop20906 on September 26, 2010, 12:33:23 AM

I can't think of any reason why the alpha werewolf wouldn't convert someone as soon as possible.

And that's our dilemma. You and Bulletpig as outed specials are prime targets for wolf infection. By your own account an infection probably already occurred early in the game on Day 1. The smart play would have been for the wolves to infect one of you and kill the other. Since no one died last night that means the Hunter stopped the kill, but not the infection. If someone had died then the reverse is true. That means as villagers we have a probable 50-50 chance at lynching a wolf today. This is why it sucks to be a Hunter right now. By staying quiet we don't know who they protected so we're flipping a coin between the Seer and the Sorc. I still think the Hunter should not go public. We're early in the game and will need his services later.

My vote to lynch Scoop20906 is based solely on the fact that he was the first special outed and available to be infected by the wolves.

Lassr

View Profile
« Reply #430 on: September 26, 2010, 01:38:50 AM »

Quote from: Scoop20906 on September 26, 2010, 12:33:23 AM

Oh, I didn't read it that. That means the infections could have happened yesterday which means it would not have been blocked. I can't think of any reason why the alpha werewolf wouldn't convert someone as soon as possible.

ravenvii, is that the intend of the rule? Can the infection happen anytime, day or night? That's an odd rule if so.

Roll Tide!
Lassr

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: September 26, 2010, 01:42:34 AM »

Quote from: theohall on September 26, 2010, 12:00:57 AM

withdraw Moliere

lynch Scoop  for same reasons others have already mentioned.

let's wait for clarification. I think he meant that the infection can happen at anytime in the game at night. If it is anytime day or night then there is no way for the village to protect against this attack.

Roll Tide!
ScubaV

View Profile
« Reply #432 on: September 26, 2010, 01:46:19 AM »

There does seem to be a black cloud hanging over the village.  I'm gonna have to think this through and wait on the rules clarification.

I have absolute faith in the power of people to be stupid.

My vision is augmented.
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #433 on: September 26, 2010, 02:01:00 AM »

a) The Alpha Werewolf) can at any time during the game, pick one villager to infect.     

Theres the rule and there is no restriction on it whatsoever.   Also in the the list of night orders, nowhere does it list infection as a nite activity.  We should definitely wait for clarification but Im betting that infection has already taken effect and the rule plays as it reads.

Lassr

View Profile
« Reply #434 on: September 26, 2010, 02:34:18 AM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on September 26, 2010, 02:01:00 AM

a) The Alpha Werewolf) can at any time during the game, pick one villager to infect.     

Theres the rule and there is no restriction on it whatsoever.   Also in the the list of night orders, nowhere does it list infection as a nite activity.  We should definitely wait for clarification but Im betting that infection has already taken effect and the rule plays as it reads.

still a strange rule...so the Alpha just walks up during the day while everyone is debating, bites someone and they are infected without us noticing?

Roll Tide!
Lassr

View Profile
« Reply #435 on: September 26, 2010, 02:37:45 AM »

rules do state that the hunters power extends into the day for the nightly protected target. So it may mean exactly how it reads.

Roll Tide!
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #436 on: September 26, 2010, 02:39:52 AM »

agreed,  I mentioned in the planning stages that the infection in particular seemed a bit overpowered especially in the case where the seer gets taken.  Even the possiblility of that happening has serious side effects as we are learning.  I think its an interesting and fun rule for sure but it has definitely turned the village on its head and we are not even sure its been used.  

Lassr

View Profile
« Reply #437 on: September 26, 2010, 03:00:46 AM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on September 26, 2010, 02:39:52 AM

agreed,  I mentioned in the planning stages that the infection in particular seemed a bit overpowered especially in the case where the seer gets taken.  Even the possiblility of that happening has serious side effects as we are learning.  I think its an interesting and fun rule for sure but it has definitely turned the village on its head and we are not even sure its been used.  

yeah the wolves essentially get a double kill. Normally in these games they have a choice to kill or infect. looks like they get to do both. So as soon as the seer comes out then there is no chance to protect him unless the hunter gets lucky and protected him he night before.

Question is, did the werewolves understand this rule?

Roll Tide!
Silky
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #438 on: September 26, 2010, 03:46:13 AM »

Quote from: Lassr on September 26, 2010, 03:00:46 AM

Quote from: rshetts2 on September 26, 2010, 02:39:52 AM

yeah the wolves essentially get a double kill. Normally in these games they have a choice to kill or infect. looks like they get to do both. So as soon as the seer comes out then there is no chance to protect him unless the hunter gets lucky and protected him he night before.

Question is, did the werewolves understand this rule?

I do hope that Ravenii posts some clarification on the question.  My issue is that even if the wolves didn't understand this there is an easy test they have access to.  They can attempt to kill the target.  If it is blocked they know when they can infect.  If Scoop is the seer and if he isn't already converted he can be tomorrow.  The danger is every scan Scoop gets the wolves get.  If the seer doesn't see this he isn't thinking it through.
Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #439 on: September 26, 2010, 03:54:32 AM »

I can't fault the logic that the alpha should have converted me immediately once I was outed but the fact is he didn't.

I can only imagine that wanted to save the conversion for a playing who wasn't going to get lynched by Day 3 and would stick around for the long hall or as someone already said they held on to the conversion power to see how things shook out last night.

Last night the wolves had two targets to choose from knowing one was going to kill protected. Seems to me they chose the wrong one and only the wolves and the hunter know who was chosen.

I still think the logical move is to keep the Seer alive today and see how the wolves/hunter handle things tonight. If both bulletpig and myself live into tomorrow then we have to choose which one of us dies as the wolves HAVE to take one of us out. The good thing is once I'm dead and shown to be a villager, the village we have two scans that are not 100% but certainly help alot in tracking down the baddies.

Thoughts?

I do think this is an awesome game so far after getting over my initial annoyance at being outed so damn quickly.  icon_evil

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 37   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: