http://gamingtrend.com
October 30, 2014, 06:42:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 37   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [WW] GTville VI: Bloodlust GAME OVER - VILLAGERS WIN  (Read 22311 times)
envy24
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: September 23, 2010, 01:36:37 PM »

Quote from: Cragmyre on September 23, 2010, 01:30:21 PM

Quote from: envy24 on September 23, 2010, 01:19:49 PM

well since its customary to vote for the person voting for you i will withdraw scoop and lynch newcastle

Oh, I thought he was voting for me...or is that Moliere?  I got lost in the quote game.  I still haven't decided where to put my vote just yet.

he bolded my name 4 times yesterday...so unless he withdrew and i didnt see it...reguardless he is always trying to confuse the masses so my vote stays on him.
ScubaV

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 23, 2010, 01:37:55 PM »

I don't know how you'd think I've been quiet.  DarkEL thought so too in the last game I played even though I was one of the more vocal ones.  Of course, he ended up being a wolf.  I post regularly, I just don't post several times in a row like some people.

As for the Seer, I still think it would be a good idea to eliminate one wolf early if Scoop is lying, especially since he could be the alpha which would eliminate the infection angle.  I can see why others might disagree and if there was no resurrection I'd probably think the same.

I have absolute faith in the power of people to be stupid.

My vision is augmented.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 23, 2010, 02:52:06 PM »

well since its customary to vote for the person voting for you i will withdraw scoop and lynch newcastle

That's the triggercut principle, which is customary early in the game.  It should raise red flags when used as the only excuse late in the game.

Quote from: Soulchilde on September 23, 2010, 01:25:44 PM

Also, if previous games hold true (sorry for the meta) then you should be looking at those that are trying to be most helpful or causing confusion

These games are about nothing if not meta. 

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 23, 2010, 02:54:39 PM »

Quote from: Cragmyre on September 23, 2010, 01:30:21 PM

Oh, I thought he was voting for me...or is that Moliere?  I got lost in the quote game.  I still haven't decided where to put my vote just yet.

My vote is still on Scraper. I stated that I wasn't going to vote for newcastle right now because I don't want to push him into a suicide vote which given his recent postings seemed a possibility. I also mentioned you in reference to being one of the more quiet ones in the current game.

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
Cragmyre

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 23, 2010, 03:05:17 PM »

Thanks Moliere - when the names are bolded in the quotes, it is the first thing my eyes are drawn toward smile

I suffer from EGADD - Electronic Gaming Attention Deficit Disorder
envy24

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 23, 2010, 03:36:29 PM »

There is a lot of lurking going on here today... disgust
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 23, 2010, 03:36:59 PM »

I'm at work and don't have the time to thread sift for a vote count.  Therefor I'm gunna hold my vote til after work.  Interesting game here,  by this time last game I think we had already lynched 3 villagers.  

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 23, 2010, 03:40:40 PM »

my brain is mush this morning.  I really got to get out of the 'it's 5am, I don't have to be up until 9:30am, sure, I can fit in one last beer' mentality.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 23, 2010, 03:42:22 PM »

I'm in an all day conference with just my blackberry, so my posts will be limited until tonight

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Qantaga

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 23, 2010, 04:06:43 PM »

I'm a phone lurker today, too. I won't be back to a computer until this evening, but I'm keeping up.

Xbox Live: Sukaro
PSN: Suroka

Until I die I'll sing these songs on the shores of Babylon
Still looking for a home in a world where I belong

~Switchfoot
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 23, 2010, 07:05:29 PM »

What's the vote tally?

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 23, 2010, 07:13:29 PM »

Wow, you guys really lost your steam once the witch hunt for scoop lead to outing me. Nice to see that being upfront and honest with some humor mixed in these games always leads to getting lynched.

Since I am the Seer (although unproven), why don't you all just vote with me? What do you have to lose?

The Gone Gold Effect has a strong influence on the weak minded ...
GamerTag: Scoop20906
ScubaV

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 23, 2010, 07:15:15 PM »

I have:

envy24: 1 (Qantaga)
Moliere: 1 (Soulchilde)
Cragmyre: 1 (newcastle)
newcastle: 3 (Scraper, rickfc, envy24)
Jaydee: 1 (Scoop)
Scraper : 3 (theohall, Moliere, Silky)
ScubaV : 1 (Lassr)

No Votes: bulletpig, Isgrimnur, Cragmyre, Jaydee, CeeKay, rshetts2, ScubaV

I have absolute faith in the power of people to be stupid.

My vision is augmented.
newcastle

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 23, 2010, 07:22:18 PM »

/whispers

psstt...my vote is on cragmyre right now...but am sure it will change!
newcastle

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 23, 2010, 07:24:58 PM »

well...since i was sucessful at poking one person in getting a response...let's go for another one

withdraw quagmyre

vote bulletpig

please pick up the white courtesy phone
Qantaga

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: September 23, 2010, 07:25:02 PM »

Scoop,

As Seer, you have not had a scan yet, so you know the same as all us innocents.

What we would have to lose is, that if you are a wolf claiming Seer on the edge of a lynch, you would assuredly lead us to lynch an innocent.

Xbox Live: Sukaro
PSN: Suroka

Until I die I'll sing these songs on the shores of Babylon
Still looking for a home in a world where I belong

~Switchfoot
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 23, 2010, 07:26:34 PM »

Quote from: newcastle on September 23, 2010, 07:24:58 PM

well...since i was sucessful at poking one person in getting a response...let's go for another one

withdraw quagmyre

vote bulletpig

please pick up the white courtesy phone

I like this withdraw Moliere Lynch Bulletpig

NiM$
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 23, 2010, 07:46:08 PM »

Withdraw Newcastle

Lynch Bulletpig

Why are we lynching Bulletpig? I missed the reason.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 23, 2010, 07:46:21 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 23, 2010, 03:40:40 PM

my brain is mush this morning.  I really got to get out of the 'it's 5am, I don't have to be up until 9:30am, sure, I can fit in one last beer' mentality.

GASP!  sounds like something a wolf would say!   icon_razz

newcastle

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 23, 2010, 07:50:53 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on September 23, 2010, 07:46:08 PM

Withdraw Newcastle

Lynch Bulletpig

and you slapped a vote on him...just because??

fasincating

are you looking for a train to ride? I got a few tickets here on the orient express i can kick you down if you'd like.
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 23, 2010, 07:51:04 PM »

Quote from: Qantaga on September 23, 2010, 07:25:02 PM

Scoop,

As Seer, you have not had a scan yet, so you know the same as all us innocents.

What we would have to lose is, that if you are a wolf claiming Seer on the edge of a lynch, you would assuredly lead us to lynch an innocent.

and to top it off you would have an easy defense for doing so.  Its day one what does anyone really know?  Oh yeah,  the wolfs know quite a bit, dont they?

Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 23, 2010, 07:56:11 PM »

Quote from: newcastle on September 23, 2010, 07:50:53 PM

Withdraw Newcastle

Lynch Bulletpig

fasincating

are you looking for a train to ride? I got a few tickets here on the orient express i can kick you down if you'd like.

At this point we need a train becuase as it is this first day is going to last a month.

theohall

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 23, 2010, 08:01:11 PM »

Quote from: Scoop20906 on September 23, 2010, 07:13:29 PM

Wow, you guys really lost your steam once the witch hunt for scoop lead to outing me. Nice to see that being upfront and honest with some humor mixed in these games always leads to getting lynched.

Since I am the Seer (although unproven), why don't you all just vote with me? What do you have to lose?

Because that is exactly what a wolf pretending to be the Seer would prefer.  Why should we trust you on your say-so?  This effort to get us to follow your lead when we have zero information, other than a specious claim made as a last gasp to survive, makes me think you are trying to play Wolf-in-Seer's-clothing.

withdraw Scraper

lynch Scoop20906
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 23, 2010, 08:08:05 PM »

Quote from: Scoop20906 on September 23, 2010, 07:13:29 PM

You really are trying to convince me that youre a wolf arent you?  We lost our steam becasue quite a few of us have this thing called work that kind of gets in the way.  Of course some of us actually sleep prior to work  ( but apparently not CeeKay )  so yeah, we lost our steam because of outing you in a witch hunt ( scoop says, heaping on the guilt )    And as far as you being upfront and honest?  well that remains to be seen eh?  and it didnt lead you to getting lynched now did it?  Nice attempt to make us feel guilty and then feel shame for training an upfront, honest and of course humorous person.  Damn I feel like I just bitch slapped Mark Twain or something.  So youve played us your tune here and now were supposed to dance to it?  I think not!       (  the above statement is somewhat based in jocularity,  I use jocularity to avoid being lynched for being upfront, honest and humorous )  

newcastle

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 23, 2010, 08:11:14 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on September 23, 2010, 07:56:11 PM

Quote from: newcastle on September 23, 2010, 07:50:53 PM

Withdraw Newcastle

Lynch Bulletpig

fasincating

At this point we need a train becuase as it is this first day is going to last a month.

eager for night huh?
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 23, 2010, 08:24:16 PM »

Regardless of today, Scoop's dead by Day 3.  If we lynch someone else and he gets protected to give us a scan result on Day 2, he's either wolf/vamp fodder on night two, or we lynch him on day three.  For a wolf, it's a bold play for a team of three or more, a questionable early play with only two, and in this game, downright suicidal for a member of the vamp team, as it does not further their goals, since they need to build a team, not start taking attrition.  It's possible that the wolves leave him alone, but risky as that leaves him alive out there gathering information against them.

I'm willing to give Scoop the benefit of the doubt today.

Silky
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 23, 2010, 08:34:57 PM »

I'm not quite willing yet to vote to lynch Scoop day 1, but it isn't as benign as that.  Since a sensible plan is to lynch him day 3 that could give a vamp/goth a decent shot at linking up.
Lassr

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 23, 2010, 09:17:05 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on September 23, 2010, 08:24:16 PM

Regardless of today, Scoop's dead by Day 3.  If we lynch someone else and he gets protected to give us a scan result on Day 2, he's either wolf/vamp fodder on night two, or we lynch him on day three.  For a wolf, it's a bold play for a team of three or more, a questionable early play with only two, and in this game, downright suicidal for a member of the vamp team, as it does not further their goals, since they need to build a team, not start taking attrition.  It's possible that the wolves leave him alone, but risky as that leaves him alive out there gathering information against them.

exactly.

theohall, you should know this.
with resurrection we could possibly get 4 scans out of him. Kill him now and we only get 2.

To be honest, I'm leaning he's a bad guy (wolf or vampire), but I thought that before about a seer and was wrong. I'd rather take the safe approach.

Roll Tide!
theohall

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 23, 2010, 09:33:55 PM »

Quote from: Lassr on September 23, 2010, 09:17:05 PM

exactly.

with resurrection we could possibly get 4 scans out of him. Kill him now and we only get 2.

To be honest, I'm leaning he's a bad guy (wolf or vampire), but I thought that before about a seer and was wrong. I'd rather take the safe approach.

Fine.  Just be sure not to lynch anyone Scoop suggests.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 23, 2010, 09:49:20 PM »

If we lynch someone he claims is bad and it turns out he's wrong, he's next on the block.  We should still regard him with some suspicion if he "clears" someone on a night scan or if he merely suggests someone to lynch, as his suggestions without verification are no more valid than any other villager's suggestion.

Bulletpig

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: September 24, 2010, 12:22:12 AM »

Did someone page?

strange too how quick two more votes came in so fast.

You three friends?
Lassr

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 24, 2010, 01:39:36 AM »

Quote from: theohall on September 23, 2010, 09:33:55 PM

exactly.

I agree 100% with that also.

Roll Tide!
Lassr

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 24, 2010, 01:41:27 AM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on September 23, 2010, 09:49:20 PM

If we lynch someone he claims is bad and it turns out he's wrong, he's next on the block.  We should still regard him with some suspicion if he "clears" someone on a night scan or if he merely suggests someone to lynch, as his suggestions without verification are no more valid than any other villager's suggestion.

I think he meant don't lynch anyone Scoop suggest today. If Scoop comes back with a wolf tomorrow, I think we lynch the wolf and if he's a villager then we have our confirmation on scoop without using the undertaker.

Roll Tide!
Bulletpig

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 24, 2010, 01:58:53 AM »

My peter pan advice says to lynch Scraper

Of course Scoop was in my sites as well and he is claiming to be the seer so that maybe means Scraper is the hunter or something
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 24, 2010, 10:54:02 AM »

the bad thing about day one is the lack of info.  Still a choice has to be made or it becomes month 1.  #2 on my admittedly unsubstanciated threat list is scraper.  I mean seriously who but a wolf has such ready access to wolf porn?  Lock up your dogs people, until this deviant is put down, or risk having some very strange looking puppies!

Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 24, 2010, 11:22:42 AM »

I hate the first day....

NiM$
Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 24, 2010, 11:30:46 AM »

Those voting for me: please use logic. That's all.

Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 24, 2010, 11:33:03 AM »

Also I get a scan tonight and only a few people have given me their suggested target. Even if you think I'm a wolf why would you pass up this opportunity???

Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 24, 2010, 12:45:22 PM »

Quote from: theohall on September 23, 2010, 09:33:55 PM

exactly.

Does this mean that whomever I vote for you won't vote for?

rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 24, 2010, 01:13:49 PM »

really scoop,  don't you think that the info you're asking for is meanigless until post lynch?  I'd recommend you scan scraper but I've also voted for his lynching.  My choice for scan depends on the outcome of todays lynch.  Until then,  my obvious choice for scan is scraper.  That may change soon and if it does, I'll let you know.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 37   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: