http://gamingtrend.com
April 24, 2014, 05:38:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [WW] GT Werewolf IV - By the Light of the Silver Moon - Voyagers Sail to Victory  (Read 9413 times)
rshetts2
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: August 18, 2010, 09:49:27 PM »

Quote from: stessier on August 18, 2010, 03:45:22 PM

Quote from: rshetts2 on August 17, 2010, 11:56:34 PM

Newcastle, I understand the usefulness of a threat matrix and I also understand the fear of making your suspicions too well known.  If you do have a good handle on a wolf letting him know can be a death sentence.

I don't understand this thinking.

Perhaps people have the wrong view of this game.  If you are a simple Villager, you should hope most fervently that you will die at night.  Yes, it kind of stinks from a game play perspective, but a Villager dying means a Special didn't.  And, in general, our odds of winning increase every day our Specials see a sunrise.  (In the unique case where our Specials ride the short bus, we might be better off having them die, but it's very, very rare.  For instance, one time a Seer rescanned a player in a game without conversion - just to be sure.    icon_eek  retard   icon_lol)

Additionally, how do you expect to lynch a wolf without convincing the rest of us that someone is a wolf?  Do you hope we all just have a simultaneous epiphany and change our votes all at once?

Finally, how much has Moliere played before this game?

I fully understand the role that a simple villager plays Newcastle.  The wolves are going to kill someone ( barring a great block from our hunter ) each nite and you dont want it to be a special. Every time they drop a non special its a win for us.  Regarding the threat matrix,  I guess I was trying to be subtle and not come right out and say forcing the seer, priest or hunter to draw attention to themselves through a threat matrix this early is a risky thing.  They are kibble the minute they become exposed and adding risk to thier roles this early on seems to be a bad bet especially since the info derived from this is thin.  Add in the fact that if everyone provides a threat matrix, there are two that will be from wolves.  You say it increases their chance of exposure, but it also provides them an avenue to filter in misinformation.  The problem is the wolves will know that it is bad info, the villagers will not.  The wolves will be operating off our intel while we have a mixture of flawed intel to deal with.  Oh and for the record, I was one of the first to provide a threat matrix. I know that its a handy tool but just feel that its a risky one as well this early.  There are important people in our community who will help our chances of survival,  I want to give them a chance to do just that.    One last thing,  I am very new at this WW thing, my first foray into it was our last shortened game,  so my logic reasoning is based on minimal experience.  If its not valid feel free to explain where Ive gone wrong.  In every completed game here at GT the wolves have had their way....  that is a trend that needs to come to an end with this one.

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 18, 2010, 10:05:41 PM »

of course since we cant edit I caught that I mistakenly replied as if to Newcastle instead of Stessier after I posted the reply.

Einsteinium

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 18, 2010, 11:58:43 PM »

Hey everyone, home from surgery. I'll post something tomorrow, as there appear to be 3 pages of stuff to go through.
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 19, 2010, 12:05:27 AM »

Quote from: Einsteinium on August 18, 2010, 11:58:43 PM

Hey everyone, home from surgery. I'll post something tomorrow, as there appear to be 3 pages of stuff to go through.

Sounds like something a wolf would say.  icon_twisted

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 19, 2010, 12:36:53 AM »

Quote from: Moliere on August 19, 2010, 12:05:27 AM

Implying that someone who just had surgery is a wolf sounds like something a wolf would say.  icon_twisted
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 19, 2010, 12:42:28 AM »

Quote from: JayDee on August 19, 2010, 12:36:53 AM

Quote from: Moliere on August 19, 2010, 12:05:27 AM

Implying that someone who just had surgery is a wolf sounds like something a wolf would say.  icon_twisted

and that of course sounds like something a wolf would say  Tongue

rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 19, 2010, 01:39:23 AM »

No matter how lycan-ish your statement may sound to the other villagers, I'm glad that everything seems to have gone well.   thumbsup
Einsteinium

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 19, 2010, 11:23:06 AM »

withdraw rickrfc

With everything I've read, my original suspicion seems unlikely. Waffling on newcastle and isgrimmur at the moment. But we already picked someone that seemed to be acting out of sorts and made a huge mistake.

/lays flowers at Huw the Poo's grave.
Qantaga

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 19, 2010, 12:06:48 PM »

Voting Tally:

Isgrimnur (3):  Moliere, stessier, JayDee
newcastle (1):  Flatlander
JayDee (1):  Isgrimnur
Einsteinium (1): rshetts2
stessier (1):  newcastle

No vote:  Misguided, rickfc, Einsteinium

Please let me know if I've missed anything.

Xbox Live: Sukaro
PSN: Suroka

Until I die I'll sing these songs on the shores of Babylon
Still looking for a home in a world where I belong

~Switchfoot
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 19, 2010, 01:09:05 PM »

welcome back Ein.  I have to tell you though I find it eerily supernatural, when a person gets their guts torn open, have organs removed, get sewn back up and is back in a day. eek   I'm thinking there's something particularly lycan about all of that!
 Just kiddin of course,  glad you're back and I hope you have a swift recovery!

JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 19, 2010, 01:14:09 PM »

Qantaga would you be able to remind us what the majority is when you put up the voting totals? People like me with poor memory find ourselves counting the people in your list to try and remember what the majority is. Thanks! smile
Qantaga

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 19, 2010, 02:20:46 PM »

Sure thing JayDee!

I'll put it in from now on.

Voting Tally:

stessier (1):  newcastle

No vote:  Misguided, rickfc, Einsteinium

Majority is six.

~Switchfoot
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 19, 2010, 02:47:37 PM »

Honestly, Ein, based on mast games, if I were in your shoes, I would figure neither of us were suspicious.  Wolves don't normally fight like that with anyone in public for exactly that reason.  But I can assure you that voting me off is a mistake.  As for newcastle, I'm not sure, but again, wolves usually aren't trying to actively lead, as it can easily backfire.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
newcastle

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 19, 2010, 03:01:41 PM »

well since my attempt at trying to get isg. & stessier to at least put up a threat matrix has failed. going to focus on someone who's really not participated. Giving einsteinium a pass right now due to the gall bladder problemo.

withdraw isgrinmur

hellooooo.....flatlander

How many WW games have you played by the way?

Also if I have been "silent" these last few days, i kind of wanted to shut up and let other people talk. I dont want to lead, and I figured it was also distracting. Too much focus on me and my motivations, when I know I am innocent. I was just trying to force a few threat matrices out, which I am still eager to get.

Best thing about lynching flats...is that it removes an unknown in case he lasts long into the game, we really dont have a feel for him.

I could also potentially lynch moliere as well due to his low level of participation.

Of course both could just be bored innocents, and really dont have anything to say, but i usually find the non powered innocent role to be the most fun, since you can do whatever the hell you want to try to dig up some information, and not have to worry about surviving.

I think also a lot of you have to get over your fear of "dying" and think more along the team concept. Just my two cents.

Still would like a threat matrix from isgrinmur & stessier though. But I dont seem to have the backing from people to force that out in to the open.
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 19, 2010, 04:50:48 PM »

Quote from: newcastle on August 19, 2010, 03:01:41 PM

withdraw isgrinmur

hellooooo.....flatlander

No that it matters, but your previous vote had been for Stessier. I think Isgrimnur was before that.

I'm pretty much at a loss. rshetts still makes me nervous, as well as stessier, but nothing I can point at and say "Aha!". I seem to go back and forth between the instigators like newcastle making me wary, and the quiet ones.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: August 19, 2010, 04:59:42 PM »

We kill the quiet ones because they aren't helping.

rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 19, 2010, 05:12:23 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on August 19, 2010, 04:59:42 PM

Makes sense to me.  Misguided
Qantaga

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 19, 2010, 07:03:10 PM »

Voting Tally:

Flatlander (1):  newcastle
Misguided (1):  rickfc

No vote:  Misguided, Einsteinium

Majority is six.

[Mod Note]:  I'm heading to the airport for a couple of flights home. I'll be checking from my phone, from time to time, but it will be late tonight before I can tally votes or respond to questions.

~Switchfoot
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 19, 2010, 08:10:19 PM »

Ok  Ive sifted thru things and have a few things that pinged my wolfdar.  Im very interested as to why Stressier has at times supported a threat matrix and even called someone out as to their views on it and yet has kept a fairly low profile while producing no matrix of his own.  There has been some strange stuff going on here but this is the first thing I can solidly point to as suspicious.  Because of this I feel compelled to withdraw einsteinium  and in turn point the fickled finger of fate at Stressier

Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 19, 2010, 08:44:04 PM »

Interesting...someone I'm leery of is pointing a finger at someone else I'm leery of.
Ok, let's see where that leads. Stessier

newcastle

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 19, 2010, 11:42:15 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on August 19, 2010, 04:59:42 PM

hey issy, hop on the flats train, at least Jaydzee posted a threat matrix...flats has been quiet as a mouse..i'd consider him tomorrow (should i live).
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 20, 2010, 12:24:46 AM »

I'll think about it.

rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 20, 2010, 12:44:54 AM »

Hate the non edit thing even though I understand its need.  I am a lousy typist and an even worse on the spot editor.  So for the sake of clarity that lynch vote was for Stessier  not Stressier as I originally stated.   retard

Qantaga

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 20, 2010, 04:32:27 AM »

Voting Tally:

Flatlander (1):  newcastle
stessier (2):  rshetts2, Misguided

No vote:  Einsteinium

Majority is six.

~Switchfoot
Qantaga

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 20, 2010, 04:38:10 AM »

[Mod Note]:

We've slowed down a little bit over the past couple of days. I don't mind letting it play out like a fine wine, as long as everyone is still enjoying themselves, but I don't want it to drag out so much that interest begins to wane. I still vastly prefer the voyagers taking destiny in their own hands and lynching a consensus candidate, rather than letting the clock run out on a deadline.

We've had almost a week since the last lynch, so I'll encourage everyone to start to make some active decisions about today's (game world today's) lynch. Thanks!

~Switchfoot
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 20, 2010, 06:14:33 AM »

Quote from: Qantaga on August 20, 2010, 04:38:10 AM

We've had almost a week since the last lynch, so I'll encourage everyone to start to make some active decisions about today's (game world today's) lynch. Thanks!

Speaking of which, let me help move things along by eliminating two suspects while newcastle continues to harass everyone in the village for a threat matrix. As the Hunter I correctly predicted that the wolves would go after stessier the first night. It is to their advantage to now have us lynch stessier so they can use their night time slaughter on another innocent. Barring that they can hope to avoid the lynch themselves and get stessier tonight since I can't defend him two nights in a row. Since I am outing myself as the Hunter I might as well self protect tonight to make sure they don't try and get me. That will give me an extra day to help the village lynch a wolf tomorrow before they get me on the 3rd night. I don't see any reason to change my current vote.

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 20, 2010, 06:37:46 AM »

Well, I said earlier I trusted you. If what you've said is true, then stessier can't be a wolf, so Withdraw stessier. I'm not exactly ready to lynch Isgrimnur, though.

Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 20, 2010, 06:46:50 AM »

So, I'm looking at who had voted for Stessier at some point today, and I'm not sure it tells us a whole lot. Newcastle has been poking everybody and JayDee has too. Then, more recently, you had rshetts followed by me.

newcastle

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 20, 2010, 06:56:31 AM »

Quote from: Moliere on August 20, 2010, 06:14:33 AM

Speaking of which, let me help move things along by eliminating two suspects while newcastle continues to harass everyone in the village for a threat matrix. As the Hunter I correctly predicted that the wolves would go after stessier the first night. It is to their advantage to now have us lynch stessier so they can use their night time slaughter on another innocent. Barring that they can hope to avoid the lynch themselves and get stessier tonight since I can't defend him two nights in a row. Since I am outing myself as the Hunter I might as well self protect tonight to make sure they don't try and get me. That will give me an extra day to help the village lynch a wolf tomorrow before they get me on the 3rd night. I don't see any reason to change my current vote.

fascinating, that totally removes 2 people i was highly suspicious of...thank you moliere, and great protection there. So stessier is good, and moliere is as well....fascinating.

Well people I wouldn't mind lynching today: flats (for being quiet and letting quiet ones live is bad, though he probably is innocent, i would imagine a wolf would have responded by now, by paying more attention), Rshetts2 (he's making me feel a little bit wiggy), Isgrinmur (for being damn petulant about the threat matrix). Or Jaydee i could roll on a train on him.

withdraw flats
newcastle

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 20, 2010, 06:57:08 AM »

rshetts 2

lets see what youre made of.
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: August 20, 2010, 09:06:18 AM »

well in light of the alleged hunters reveal I will Withdraw stessier  I have to believe Moliere as no one has come out to counter him and as the wolves have killed no one yet faking as the hunter would be a very risky move.  Isgrimnur has been a suspect for awhile and since our hunters instincts have served us well so far I will back his play.  Isgrimnur the bell tolls for thee.  OH and if Im a wolf Newcastle, Im sure sticking my neck out alot.  You may want to concentrate your efforts on someone a bit more hairy than I as I am an innocent voyager.  Having me lynched would only serve the wolves interests 

stessier

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 20, 2010, 09:26:45 AM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on August 19, 2010, 02:47:37 PM

As for newcastle, I'm not sure, but again, wolves usually aren't trying to actively lead, as it can easily backfire.

Heh.
stessier

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 20, 2010, 09:29:30 AM »

Quote from: newcastle on August 19, 2010, 03:01:41 PM

well since my attempt at trying to get isg. & stessier to at least put up a threat matrix has failed. going to focus on someone who's really not participated. Giving einsteinium a pass right now due to the gall bladder problemo.

So despite your matrix, you choose to only vote for people who aren't playing rather than people you think are actually wolfy.  That's a shame - I had you as a good guy and now have to start my list all over again.  frown
stessier

View Profile
;)
« Reply #273 on: August 20, 2010, 09:33:56 AM »

Quote from: Moliere on August 20, 2010, 06:14:33 AM

eek

I'm innocent???  There goes my street cred.   disgust
stessier

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 20, 2010, 09:46:38 AM »

Drat, I wasn't going to do one of these at all, but now that I'm going to die tonight...

But first - Moliere, you know what iocane powder is, right? icon_lol

So some thoughts.

Before I read Moliere's post, I had come up with 3 people to vote for today for three different reasons.

• Misguided -Living up to his name, he seems to be blindly tossing around his vote, but with an agenda.
  • Rhetts2 - That whole part where he gets why Villagers shouldn't be afraid to die, but that the lists are bad juju for Specials didn't make any sense.  It sounded very much like a Wolf trying to explain how he really gets how to be human...really, REALLY!
  • Flatlander - He isn't participating.  As Isgrimnur noted above, we kill the silent ones because they aren't helping.  A cloud of suspicion will always hang over them and if they are alive on the last day, then 1 talkative Villager will have to choose between 1 Silent Villager and 1 Wolf.  Or worse, the quiet person who might not have even been following the game, will have to choose between 1 talkative Villager and 1 Wolf.  My experience is that the Villagers have a very poor win/loss ratio in this scenario.

Now Moliere also showed he really, really didn't want to die on the first day.  I thought that was really a red flag, but also thought that with his newness to the game, he might just be a very nervous Seer.  So I wasn't going to vote for him yet - but was going to keep my eye on him.  So nice to have that part cleared up.  Tongue

But now I am facing my own mortality and have to consider why someone would try to kill me.  Sweet, innocent me.  Especially since I am one of our Specials.  Amazing how we went from hoping they will all live through every night to having 2 outed on the second day, isn't it??
  • Flatlander - As noted, barely playing.  Beats me why he'd want me dead.
  • Isgrimnur - Have played a number of games with him on OO.  Afraid familiarity would make me suspcious of him??   saywhat
  • Misguided - I haven't really interacted with Mis, have I?
  • Huw the Poo - Meh, thought he was likely innocent, but thought we could get some good info from his death.  Sorry about that Huw.  smile
  • Einsteinium - I voted for the fake element the first day, but didn't really make much of a push.  Maybe he's overly sensitive?  Hopefully the drugs will help that.
  • JayDee - Didn't really interact with him on day 1.
  • rshetts2 - Didn't really interact with him on Day 1.
  • rickfc - We've played before, although the detail are fuzzy.  He's always a wolf, though, and he knows that I know that he knows...so yeah.
  • Moliere - Apparently my Guardian Angel!
  • stessier - Pure as the wind driven snow!!
  • newcastle - Another OOer.  Might he want to give me more time to peruse that forum by freeing me up from this obligation??

So the ones I could see wanting me dead are Isgrimnur, Newcastle, and rickfc.  The ones I thought were guilty were Misguided and rhetts2.  The one who isn't helping is Flatlander. 

I'm sure there are 2 wolves in there.  slywink

If I had to rank them:

1. rhetts2 - His "I know why Villagers aren't afraid to die" speech just seems wrong
2. Newcastle - He is very tricky and I could see him wanting me dead.
3. rickfc - There's something not right there.  He's feigning "oh everyone looks the same this game"
4. Misguided - Perhaps only seeming to live up to his name as he follows the Alpha around like a good little Beta.
5. Isgrimnur - Very cunning.  Plays the "these are not the wolves you are looking for" role very, very well.  Amazing poker face - and a face for internet forums if there ever was one.   nod icon_razz icon_lol
6. Flatlander - Not playing - relieving him of the obligation would probably be welcome.

I think that's about it.  I'll check back in at lunch!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 10:03:11 AM by stessier » Logged
stessier

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 20, 2010, 10:06:27 AM »

Oh, and

withdraw Isgrimnur
Qantaga

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 20, 2010, 11:56:01 AM »

Voting Tally:

Isgrimnur (3):  Moliere, JayDee, rshetts2
rshetts2 (1):  newcastle

No vote:  Einsteinium, Misguided, stessier

Majority is six.

~Switchfoot
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 20, 2010, 01:27:09 PM »

stessier you just outed yourself as one of the specials without saying what info you have. Why keep this info hidden if you think you're going to die tonight? It is likely you will be eaten if what Moliere says is true about protecting you last night.
stessier

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 20, 2010, 01:43:10 PM »

Quote from: JayDee on August 20, 2010, 01:27:09 PM

stessier you just outed yourself as one of the specials without saying what info you have. Why keep this info hidden if you think you're going to die tonight? It is likely you will be eaten if what Moliere says is true about protecting you last night.

There is a lot of time before the Night ends, no?

You can think of no reason I might want to leave the situation a little ambiguous for the time being?
newcastle

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 20, 2010, 01:50:29 PM »

Quote from: stessier on August 20, 2010, 09:46:38 AM

I'm sure there are 2 wolves in there.  slywink

If I had to rank them:

1. rhetts2 - His "I know why Villagers aren't afraid to die" speech just seems wrong
2. Newcastle - He is very tricky and I could see him wanting me dead.
3. rickfc - There's something not right there.  He's feigning "oh everyone looks the same this game"
4. Misguided - Perhaps only seeming to live up to his name as he follows the Alpha around like a good little Beta.
5. Isgrimnur - Very cunning.  Plays the "these are not the wolves you are looking for" role very, very well.  Amazing poker face - and a face for internet forums if there ever was one.   nod icon_razz icon_lol
6. Flatlander - Not playing - relieving him of the obligation would probably be welcome.

I think that's about it.  I'll check back in at lunch!

that brings  tear to my eye
/sniffles at teh complement
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: