http://gamingtrend.com
August 21, 2014, 12:36:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [WW] GT Werewolf IV - By the Light of the Silver Moon - Voyagers Sail to Victory  (Read 9781 times)
newcastle
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 17, 2010, 03:50:45 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on August 17, 2010, 03:46:53 PM

So go poke someone else that isn't posting and get off my back.

That's not really a threat matrix Isgrinmur...that's more like being the angry old man yelling at the kids to get off his lawn. When you do a full rundown of the players, then I will remove my little accusations and move on to someone else. Till then...

/pulls out folding chair
/looks through CD's
/finds Greatest hits of German Polka and Mexican Tejano music performed as a operatic rap
/puts CD in the Boom box he brought
/sits on Isgrinmur's lawn and lets the music flow
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 17, 2010, 03:52:57 PM »

I don't do full rundowns on players.  So feel free to lose focus on what's important and try to make me dance on your strings.  I guess it's more important for you to show your "power" than actually do something productive. 

/turns on the sprinklers

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
newcastle

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 17, 2010, 03:53:48 PM »

/puts on rain slicker
/sits under the umbrellas he brought
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 17, 2010, 04:24:43 PM »

As an aside, there's no power here for over two hours, so typing on my phone. Not sure if you guys really suspect each other of being extra furry or just vying for control of the process. I have some concern that our real enemies might be trying to stay below the radar. As an example, unless I'm missing something on this little screen, jaydee promised some analysis last night and I didn't see anyone call him on it. Apologies if I missed it.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 17, 2010, 04:36:27 PM »

I'm not trying to control the process, just taking issue with being the target of someone who does.  JayDee's been on my radar early and still remains so.  No one joined me, so I switched to another target I thought was acting suspiciously. 

Qantaga

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 17, 2010, 05:27:38 PM »

Voting Tally:

Isgrimnur (3):  Moliere, newcastle, stessier
stessier (1):  JayDee
rickfc (1):  Einsteinium
newcastle (2):  rickfc, Isgrimnur

No vote:  Flatlander, Misguided, rshetts2

Please let me know if I've missed anything.

Xbox Live: Sukaro
PSN: Suroka

Until I die I'll sing these songs on the shores of Babylon
Still looking for a home in a world where I belong

~Switchfoot
Qantaga

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 17, 2010, 05:36:55 PM »

[Mod Note] I was in a meeting when I glanced at my phone to see this exchange:

---------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: newcastle on August 17, 2010, 03:50:45 PM

/pulls out folding chair
/looks through CD's
/finds Greatest hits of German Polka and Mexican Tejano music performed as a operatic rap
/puts CD in the Boom box he brought
/sits on Isgrinmur's lawn and lets the music flow

Quote from: Isgrimnur on August 17, 2010, 03:52:57 PM

/turns on the sprinklers

Quote from: newcastle on August 17, 2010, 03:53:48 PM

/puts on rain slicker
/sits under the umbrellas he brought
------------------------------------------------------ 

I had to get up and run out of the room quickly (feigning a coughing spell) so that I didn't burst out laughing in the middle of the meeting. 

Priceless!    icon_lol icon_lol icon_lol

~Switchfoot
stessier

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 17, 2010, 06:32:20 PM »

I don't do full rundowns on players.

That is kind of a short sighted point of view.  What if you are wrong about JayDee and you die tonight?  You have nothing else worth saying that we should even consider?  Why is this info only on a need-to-know basis?  Group think and the power of the hivemind mean nothing to you?
Flatlander
Gaming Trend Reader

Mayhem like me

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 17, 2010, 07:03:24 PM »

I vote Newcastle.   He's being a bit too pushy with wanting threat matrices from all of us.    I'm not trusting that.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 17, 2010, 07:09:40 PM »

Quote from: stessier on August 17, 2010, 06:32:20 PM

I don't do full rundowns on players.

That is kind of a short sighted point of view.  What if you are wrong about JayDee and you die tonight?  You have nothing else worth saying that we should even consider?  Why is this info only on a need-to-know basis?  Group think and the power of the hivemind mean nothing to you?

If I'm wrong about JayDee and I die tonight, then nothing on a threat matrix I provide is going to be worth a damn anyway.  And I've seen group think and the hivemind completely blow two games.  I don't have any extra insight into crap than anyone else and don't feel like providing information of specious value that would allow the wolves to cherry pick their targets.  At least I'm in here participating.  And I've found that it's rarely any of the parties that are at each others' throats publicly that you need to worry about it. 

If I'm wrong about JayDee, feel free to off me tomorrow.  You won't find a furry, but at least you'll have some sort of justification.

newcastle

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: August 17, 2010, 07:18:29 PM »

Hmm, interesting...Yes i am being pushy for a very good reason as to why threat matrices.

1. A threat matrix is a dangerous thing for a wolf to do. They can slip in saying who is innocent. Or who their partner is. They have to hide the knowledge that a. they know who is good and who is bad, b. they have to hide the fact that they have a partner
2. An innocent can much easily compile one, after all it's just their thoughts and suspicions.
3. It's a form of record keeping. If someone comes up lynched or dies at night, we have records of what their thinking is. Sometimes people who seem to be barking up a weird tree, and die, are sometimes right.
4. It's more gained for the village in terms of information sharing. Think of it this way, we have 2 evil dudes who are hiding and PM'ing each other carte blanche, they can coordinate their thoughts.
4b Threat matrix allow villagers to see where everyone is thinking, and maybe it can have them look at someone in a different light.
5. Each villager has their own thoughts...are you saying that its better for you to stew in your own thoughts, or better to reveal them...
5b more brains on a problem are better.

The downside, yes the wolves can attack suspicious folks, or those who are more innocent. But again, we are also dictating the game play. They are no longer attacking people of their choice, but ones we've drawn up for them.

The more that the villagers dictate who the wolves should attack, the more it puts them on the defensive.

Another point in case, once the seer reveals his scans and himself. That means the wolves have to attack those players.

What if there is a player who is hot on their trail and putting pressure on them? They cant effectively deal with them.

The benefits outweight the negatives. Fyi, we do this pretty frequently over at OO, hence why i am insisiting.

newcastle

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 17, 2010, 07:20:17 PM »

And stessier where be your threat matrix!!!
newcastle

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 17, 2010, 07:23:20 PM »

another thing to keep in mind...

there are 10 players here...2 are bad...so it's 8-2.....so only 2 people are really after you here...we do have the power of numbers, its a matter of coordinating and figuring out the 2 who are evil. In some sense you have to trust some of your fellow villagers, because there are more than there are few.
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 17, 2010, 07:39:50 PM »

Ugh, baby didn't fall asleep until late last night so I ended up crashing right after. And work today has been killer. I'm not ignoring you all on purpose, I plan to post in more detail tonight. Thanks guys.
newcastle

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 17, 2010, 07:50:08 PM »

and another thing to keep in mind....right now the wolves are asking themselves this question: WHO IS THE SEER?

The more we distract them from hunting this person down, and in essence control gameflow, the longer the seer survives. If the seer has a scan and is unsure how to post them in a threat matrix, but them in a neutral or innocent category.

rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 17, 2010, 07:58:35 PM »

< cue tv announcers voice >    What do you get when you cross shipwrecked voyagers in a deserted island village with lycanthrope?  Comedy gold!  And thats the beginning!  Throw in lynch mobs and power struggles and you have NBC's new fall comedy series Issie and Newcastle.  Coming Tuesdays at 9pm EST this fall!

Well guys things got a bit active while I was at work today.  Im beginning to wonder if we have a two wolf good villager/ bad villager show going here.  It could of course be two diametrically opposed points of view poking at each other or it could be an extremely insidious plot to completely blind us.  It would be a helluva con if Newcastle and Isgrimnur were playing us.  If we jump and lynch Isgrimnur based on Newcastles leadership and nab a wolf, then Newcastle would pretty much take control of the path we take as well as cloaking himself in innocence.  If he were the other wolf we would be handing him our fate.  Of course I doubt thats the case, as that would be a risky game with the seer still out there but it is food for thought.

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 17, 2010, 08:18:32 PM »

As I stated before, I'm at a complete loss here.  This probably means that the wolves are vets.  In this game, those players are:

2. Isgrimnur
6. JayDee
7. rshetts2 (I think he's a vet)
8. rickfc (I'm leaving myself on the list as I participated in the earlier games on GT before the past 3 started up again)
10. stessier
11. newcastle

Other than that, I got nuthin...

Also, withdraw newcastle.  I'm having a hard time trying to decide if he's genuinely being helpful or leading the pack straight to the wolves.
newcastle

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 17, 2010, 08:31:06 PM »

here's another fun fact..i bet i am going to be wolf kibble soon...why? because wolves can not stand someone who is active and trying to kick over rocks. Or i get lynched, I dont care as long as team villager wins.

Bet they are going to let folks like: rshetts, einsteinium, misguided, and flats alive. WHy? lack of participation and simply hanging around the edges. They have not put a lot of analysis into it from my perspective.

And, rshetts we coudl very well be hoodwinking hte village. But the simple matter for me...people who dont willingly throw up threat matrices raise HUGE red flags in my eyes. Why wouldn't you want to show your thinking to your villagers and at least help move the analysis along?

hence why i am focusing on isgrinmur right now, and most likely will focus on stessier until both comply with a threat matrix. Am i bullying, you bet, and i am wielding whatever power i have right now, because i dont think i will be in the game long term, and that's fine.

Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 17, 2010, 09:39:33 PM »

I'm kind of leaning toward JayDee right now. He could be telling the absolute truth about RL stuff, or he could simply be stalling. I just don't know. Either newcastle buys the explanation from Jaydee on why he hasn't given his thoughts, or he's protecting him. I don't think newcastle and Isgrimnur are in on it together...if they are, they're doing a hell of a job. I'm really not picking up vibes from Isgrimnur anyway, but I'm not the veteran here. I see both of their points of view (on revealing/not revealing their thoughts) and I don't think Isgrimnur's refusal automatically marks him as an enemy.

The other person that has my dander up is rshetts for reasons already mentioned (i.e. he's doing the anthill thing).

Everybody else feels kind of neutral to me right now. Maybe RickFC seems less talkative than usual?

Man, I thought day 1 was supposed to be the hardest :-|

rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 17, 2010, 09:47:52 PM »

Quote from: Misguided on August 17, 2010, 09:39:33 PM

Maybe RickFC seems less talkative than usual?

Rick is less talkative because I'm trying to figure out WTF is going on.  The wolves are doing a good job of not only keeping a low profile, but also of not giving off any lycan vibes...
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 17, 2010, 11:56:34 PM »

yep,  this is a tough one.  The ones who seem most suspicious are probably just trying to scare up a wolf.  Its really hard to tell. It appears that most of whats going on could either be a wolf pulling strings or a voyager hoping for a slip.  Thats the problem here, separating the deception from the facts.  On top of that there have been a few quiet ones who may be wolves keeping a low profile or a voyager who wants to keep alive by not bringing attention to himself.  Newcastle, I understand the usefulness of a threat matrix and I also understand the fear of making your suspicions too well known.  If you do have a good handle on a wolf letting him know can be a death sentence.  Of course a smart wolf wont finish you off with claws, he will try to have you lynched.  Anyway,  I put up my basic opinions earlier and really not much has come up that changes things.  Theres been no action that seems definitively wolfish, that cant be easily explained form a voyagers perspective. so at this point Im going to go with my gut.  Theres one person whos actions have been a bit off and confusing, I understand he has real life surgery issues but that doesnt preclude him from being a wolf.  Im thinking that the confusion is a smokescreen and vote for Einsteinium    I hope the surgery went well and I wish you the best with your recovery......  but you seem a bit feral so there you have it.

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
Qantaga

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 18, 2010, 12:09:01 AM »

Voting Tally:

newcastle (1):  Flatlander
JayDee (1):  Isgrimnur
Einsteinium (1): rshetts2

No vote:  Misguided, rickfc

~Switchfoot
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 18, 2010, 01:19:02 AM »

As one of only two people that haven't made a vote at this point I feel like I have an obligation to do so. I don't really like it, but as I said before, I'll go with JayDee for the moment. I'm certainly willing to entertain his viewpoint when he has a chance to provide it.

newcastle

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 18, 2010, 01:21:29 AM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on August 17, 2010, 11:56:34 PM

yep,  this is a tough one.  The ones who seem most suspicious are probably just trying to scare up a wolf.  Its really hard to tell. It appears that most of whats going on could either be a wolf pulling strings or a voyager hoping for a slip.  Thats the problem here, separating the deception from the facts.  On top of that there have been a few quiet ones who may be wolves keeping a low profile or a voyager who wants to keep alive by not bringing attention to himself.  Newcastle, I understand the usefulness of a threat matrix and I also understand the fear of making your suspicions too well known.  If you do have a good handle on a wolf letting him know can be a death sentence.  Of course a smart wolf wont finish you off with claws, he will try to have you lynched.  Anyway,  I put up my basic opinions earlier and really not much has come up that changes things.  Theres been no action that seems definitively wolfish, that cant be easily explained form a voyagers perspective. so at this point Im going to go with my gut.  Theres one person whos actions have been a bit off and confusing, I understand he has real life surgery issues but that doesnt preclude him from being a wolf.  Im thinking that the confusion is a smokescreen and vote for Einsteinium    I hope the surgery went well and I wish you the best with your recovery......  but you seem a bit feral so there you have it.

And teh gaming trend forum award of kicking a man when he's down award goes to.;.....drumroll please.....RSHETTS2...please give this man a big hand biggrin
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 18, 2010, 02:12:02 AM »

I can't remember, is there a deadline for us to come up with the 6 vote majority?

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: August 18, 2010, 02:17:43 AM »

Not until Modtaga sets one.

Qantaga

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 18, 2010, 02:35:00 AM »

Quote from: Moliere on August 18, 2010, 02:12:02 AM

I can't remember, is there a deadline for us to come up with the 6 vote majority?

Isgrimnur is correct. No deadline, as of now.

This past weekend was sparse, but that's to be expected. I was getting a little worried Monday since there was very little movement, but today has seen a lot of discussion. I'd much prefer the group reach a majority for a lynch, rather than impose a deadline. Hopefully, the next couple of (real world) days will see everyone start to move towards a consensus. This is a hard (game) day to sort through, so I'm happy to give you all the time you need, as long as there is still activity and participation.

If we hit another big lull, though, I probably will set a deadline, with a 24 hour (or longer) advance warning.

~Switchfoot
Qantaga

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 18, 2010, 12:28:57 PM »

Voting Tally:

JayDee (2):  Isgrimnur, Misguided

No vote:  rickfc

~Switchfoot
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 18, 2010, 01:52:20 PM »

Flatlander

Goes from no participation to trying to dog pile newcastle and then disappears again:

Quote from: Flatlander on August 17, 2010, 07:03:24 PM

I vote Newcastle.   He's being a bit too pushy with wanting threat matrices from all of us.    I'm not trusting that.
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 18, 2010, 02:21:47 PM »

THREAT MATRIX!

newcastle - is trying to take over the game by telling the hunter and seer what to do. I find it doubtful that a wolf would draw that much attention to himself but he is a veteran player and that may be exactly what he wants us to think. I'm suspicious.

Moliere - With the exception of a couple of posts has mostly posted one-line responses or opinions. The way he accused Isgrimnur right after Isg accused me seemed almost convenient. I wonder if the two of them are partners-in-crime.

stessier - Hard to read but has been very quiet this game. Got upset with me when I called him out.

rickfc - his last post was just strange in that he accused Flatlander of trying to dogpile newcastle but Flat's vote is the only one for newcastle. There is no dogpile. Seems like an odd reason to pick someone. Could be a wolf trying to deflect attention away from himself without riding the Isgrimnur train.

Isgrimnur - seems angry and bitter, probably because he's sick of getting lynched early. Especially hostile to newcastle although I'm sure it goes back to a rivalry carried over from OO. I have no real reason to suspect him at the moment. I place him here on my list due to his veteran-ship making him someone I need to watch closely.

Einsteinium - So far I've seen nothing to indicated wolfiness. Gets a free pass from me for a couple of days while he recovers from surgery.

Flatlander - barely participated so far. Either someone who doesn't want to say too much because they aren't sure, or a wolf trying to hide. Watching very closely.

rshetts2 - Haven't seen anything to indicate lycan blood. Seems genuinely trying to piece together the clues with newcastle.

Misguided - Voted for me but that's ok because it took me a while to get my thoughts out. Seen nothing that sends alarm bells ringing for me.

This is what I'm going to do:

withdraw stessier

and

lynch Isgrimnur

There's a reason for this vote but I'm not ready to share just yet. I have a few things I'm watching for here and depending on how this plays out I'll hopefully have some more information.
newcastle

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 18, 2010, 03:13:32 PM »

/boom box batteries die
/grumbles
"Dang stubborn Isgrinmur"

withdraw isgrinmur

/pulls up chair at stessier's lawn

stessier

has me worried, pure and simple, and he of all people should know the value of a threat matrix.

thanks jaydee for contributing there.
newcastle

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 18, 2010, 03:28:24 PM »

fyi as an actual lynch i could totally run flats up the flagpole due to his contribution level. No need to leave an unexplored avenue till the end game.
stessier

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 18, 2010, 03:45:22 PM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on August 17, 2010, 11:56:34 PM

Newcastle, I understand the usefulness of a threat matrix and I also understand the fear of making your suspicions too well known.  If you do have a good handle on a wolf letting him know can be a death sentence.

I don't understand this thinking.

Perhaps people have the wrong view of this game.  If you are a simple Villager, you should hope most fervently that you will die at night.  Yes, it kind of stinks from a game play perspective, but a Villager dying means a Special didn't.  And, in general, our odds of winning increase every day our Specials see a sunrise.  (In the unique case where our Specials ride the short bus, we might be better off having them die, but it's very, very rare.  For instance, one time a Seer rescanned a player in a game without conversion - just to be sure.    icon_eek  retard   icon_lol)

Additionally, how do you expect to lynch a wolf without convincing the rest of us that someone is a wolf?  Do you hope we all just have a simultaneous epiphany and change our votes all at once?

Finally, how much has Moliere played before this game?
newcastle

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 18, 2010, 03:51:05 PM »

/looks at stessier
/politely coughs
/seems to have misplaced Stessier's threat matrix
/goes through his notes again wondering where Stessier's threat matrix is
/wonders why he cant seem to find stessier's threat matrix
/is boggled
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 18, 2010, 04:01:31 PM »

Withdraw JayDee

Qantaga

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 18, 2010, 05:01:07 PM »

Voting Tally:

Isgrimnur (3):  Moliere, stessier, JayDee
JayDee (1):  Isgrimnur
Flatlander (1):  rickfc
stessier (1):  newcastle

No vote:  Misguided

~Switchfoot
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 18, 2010, 05:29:53 PM »

Quote from: JayDee on August 18, 2010, 02:21:47 PM

THREAT MATRIX!

rickfc - his last post was just strange in that he accused Flatlander of trying to dogpile newcastle but Flat's vote is the only one for newcastle. There is no dogpile.

My bad, flats...I thought newcastle had more votes on him...that's what I get for not going back and re-reading...withdraw Flatlander

Could be a wolf trying to deflect attention away from himself without riding the Isgrimnur train.

So what you're saying here is that it's suspicious of me not to add a vote against someone whom I have zero suspicion toward?  Interesting...

JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 18, 2010, 05:40:27 PM »

Quote from: rickfc on August 18, 2010, 05:29:53 PM

Could be a wolf trying to deflect attention away from himself without riding the Isgrimnur train.

So what you're saying here is that it's suspicious of me not to add a vote against someone whom I have zero suspicion toward?  Interesting...

No, I'm saying that if you were a wolf you'd want to hide your vote with someone who isn't about get lynched so you can claim that you didn't vote for an innocent. Because your reason didn't make much sense I thought that you were just trying to come up with something to do this.
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 18, 2010, 05:44:46 PM »

Quote from: JayDee on August 18, 2010, 05:40:27 PM

Quote from: rickfc on August 18, 2010, 05:29:53 PM

No, I'm saying that if you were a wolf you'd want to hide your vote with someone who isn't about get lynched so you can claim that you didn't vote for an innocent. Because your reason didn't make much sense I thought that you were just trying to come up with something to do this.

ah, ok...gotcha...
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 18, 2010, 08:59:40 PM »

Quote from: stessier on August 18, 2010, 03:45:22 PM

Finally, how much has Moliere played before this game?

Only the 3 games on GT.

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: