http://gamingtrend.com
August 20, 2014, 10:24:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [WW] GT Werewolf IV - By the Light of the Silver Moon - Voyagers Sail to Victory  (Read 9779 times)
newcastle
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 15, 2010, 12:32:23 AM »

hey flats, isgrinmur, moliere, rickfc and pretty much everyone else who hasnt....threat matrix please!!!!
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 15, 2010, 06:09:19 AM »

Quote from: newcastle on August 14, 2010, 05:57:00 PM

Am interested in these folks - *points finger to his eyes, then to each of these cats*
Isgrinmur - is paying attention, and pops in to preserve his good name, find that interesting
flatlander- made a few interesting comments that piqued my attention, very responsive when mentioned
Molierre - guarded, here but guarded. Was poked by Jaydee, and he responded; funny thing with him as i was typing this, he was the last person who i thought of
Rshetts 2- very testy when poked, took a vote for him very personally, watcha guarding there?

Well you got two out of four correct, at least.

Spoiler for Hiden:
I am of course referring to the spelling of our names.  icon_wink

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 15, 2010, 01:21:20 PM »

Quote from: newcastle on August 15, 2010, 12:32:23 AM

hey flats, isgrinmur, moliere, rickfc and pretty much everyone else who hasnt....threat matrix please!!!!

It's odd, but I really don't have a read on any other player at this time.  I went through and re-read the entire game thread, and I'm not picking anything up as too suspicious.   icon_confused
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 15, 2010, 02:19:55 PM »

Quote from: rickfc on August 15, 2010, 01:21:20 PM

It's odd, but I really don't have a read on any other player at this time.  I went through and re-read the entire game thread, and I'm not picking anything up as too suspicious.   icon_confused

That sounds like something a wolf would say.  icon_twisted

rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 15, 2010, 02:34:57 PM »

Quote from: Moliere on August 15, 2010, 02:19:55 PM

Quote from: rickfc on August 15, 2010, 01:21:20 PM

That sounds like something a wolf would say.  icon_twisted

Saying that what I said is something a wolf would say is something a wolf would say.  stirthepot
Qantaga

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: August 15, 2010, 02:55:58 PM »

Voting Tally:

newcastle (1):  rshetts2
Flatlander (1):  newcastle
JayDee (1):  Isgrimnur
Isgrimnur (1):  Moliere
stessier (1):  JayDee

No vote:  Flatlander, Misguided, Einsteinium, rickfc, stessier

Please let me know if I've missed anything.

Xbox Live: Sukaro
PSN: Suroka

Until I die I'll sing these songs on the shores of Babylon
Still looking for a home in a world where I belong

~Switchfoot
ravenvii

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 15, 2010, 03:55:49 PM »

Crap. The last few days I had no power because the main switch in the house went up in smoke (literally). Had to replace it. Got electricity back last night, but I was busy (read: having a life biggrin)

Judging by the vote tally above, I'm not in the game? That's alright - just checking in. You guys have fun.
Qantaga

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 15, 2010, 04:29:50 PM »

Quote from: ravenvii on August 15, 2010, 03:55:49 PM

Crap. The last few days I had no power because the main switch in the house went up in smoke (literally). Had to replace it. Got electricity back last night, but I was busy (read: having a life biggrin)

Judging by the vote tally above, I'm not in the game? That's alright - just checking in. You guys have fun.

Hiya ravenvii. As you guessed, you're not in the game. We hadn't heard from you for awhile, so we figured that real life had its hooks in you. smile We went ahead and kicked things off without you. The good news is that the WW games seem to have established a nice foothold here at GT, so we'll make sure to save you the first spot in the next game.

I'm sorry to hear about your main switch. I'm sure that was a pain. I'm glad it's repaired now.

~Switchfoot
newcastle

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 15, 2010, 04:38:05 PM »

ok here's teh main reason why i want to get a threat matrix...it's information. Even if you dont have a read on them, but that in there. Also, if we find a wolf, we can use their threat matrix to try to figure who his partner is.

geez...like herding cats here.  icon_lol
Einsteinium

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 15, 2010, 05:43:37 PM »

Yes, the pre-op drugs are great but don't keep me from throwing up. I've taken to eating things that taste good on the way out as well. Jell-O is good in this category.

So, reading it like tea leaves, I suspect newcastle. I disagree with his assessment, and either he is a wolf trying to get us all to follow along, or just really, really good at this game. Haven't made up my mind yet. Moliere seems trustworthy at this point, as does Misguided.  Stessier, rickrfc, and Rshetts are staying off the radar for a while, not sure if that is good (i.e. the 3 specials) or bad. Since things are bad, I'll go with my gut feeling, and hope it's not just an infection talking.

Newcastle, Your logic seems to be to have the specials delay and give themselves up the next day, which seems ok when I think about it, but in thinking about it more, it feels like a good ploy to have them in the open and available targets. Not sure, but that's all that strikes me now.
newcastle

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 15, 2010, 06:17:07 PM »

Quote from: Einsteinium on August 15, 2010, 05:43:37 PM

Yes, the pre-op drugs are great but don't keep me from throwing up. I've taken to eating things that taste good on the way out as well. Jell-O is good in this category.

So, reading it like tea leaves, I suspect newcastle. I disagree with his assessment, and either he is a wolf trying to get us all to follow along, or just really, really good at this game. Haven't made up my mind yet. Moliere seems trustworthy at this point, as does Misguided.  Stessier, rickrfc, and Rshetts are staying off the radar for a while, not sure if that is good (i.e. the 3 specials) or bad. Since things are bad, I'll go with my gut feeling, and hope it's not just an infection talking.

Newcastle, Your logic seems to be to have the specials delay and give themselves up the next day, which seems ok when I think about it, but in thinking about it more, it feels like a good ploy to have them in the open and available targets. Not sure, but that's all that strikes me now.

Think this through here....tomorrow, we will be down to 8 people most likely....if the seer has stayed alive, most likely he has 2 scans...thats pretty frigging good....and hopefully they are alive....so if he reveals that 3 known....5 unknow...the veil of mystery lifts a bit more on this game...shadows are where wolves can hide..and those recede a bit.

Say the hunter is alive as well...we known last night was a succesful protect...so tomorrow i would say he comes out...1 more proven (in death because in all likelihood he will be wolf kibble that night) and his protectee....

The best case scenario then, is we have an innocent block of 5....tomorrow. I am betting that it's going to be a mixed bag though, maybe the hunter self protected, and/or the seer scanned the hunter's protection..something like that, so i am betting if the seer comes out tomorrow most likely we will have a block of 3-4 including the hunters protection.

A dead seer with 3 scans is of no use...also, a seer is not going to fully map the game for you, if they are they are very, very risky...to stay hidden past day 3 or longer...they have information, and we need info. Think of a seer as someone who lifts the fog of war...where you get a better view of the battle field.

I am also giving this advice freely, so they have something to chew and think about, in case they find themselves in a position and are not sure what to do. Think of it as free advice. Since they might know be sure how to play the role, or when to come out.

Think it through, on day 4 lets say a seer comes out...that means they would have had to survive 3 lynches, and 3 minight snackings....that's a lot to survive. They might have a bit more info...but they also risk dying. It's a touchy role to play..and regardless whenever they come out, they will be targets

I much rather they come out with some information, then a corpse whom we wail over. Think it through would you rather have some information? Or none? Or potentially a bunch but with more risk. It's a conservative strategy, yes, but it also helps lift that fog of war for the rest of the players...because they can change their thinking, in going..."oh Bubba aint a wolf, he's actually an innocent, lets go to Jojo since he's suspect #2".

Yes, not all the information is out there, but that's not the point, the point is that we have some information out there.

Your also forgetting that we probably have at most, 5-6 turns this game. We are on turn 2 now. Turn three will be tomorrow, which is almost halfway through the game. I much rather have half the board open and known, by halfway through the game, because it sets up a higher percentage for us to win.

As for sacrifice...keep this in ming: ...sometimes you have to sacrifice a knight to get the queen.
Einsteinium

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 15, 2010, 06:51:14 PM »

Ok, so after reading through this a couple of times, it makes more sense. It seemed really cavalier at first.

withdraw Newcastle
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 15, 2010, 09:39:13 PM »

Oh Newcastle, there you go being all logical and such.  I'm starting to think that you're helping, not herding which puts me at a conundrum.  At this point the scales have tipped in your favor and I shall Withdraw Newcastle   I guess I have a bit of reading to do to see if theres a hairy handed gent whos slipped up a bit.  Quite a few people are laying low right now but it is the weekend after all and Im sure some of you have a life smile 

While Im  here, I had a rules question.  I didnt see anything in the rules on this so I figured Id ask.  If the hunter reveals himself can he also reveal the name of his successful protectee, or is that not allowed?   

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
Qantaga

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 15, 2010, 09:46:34 PM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on August 15, 2010, 09:39:13 PM

While Im  here, I had a rules question.  I didnt see anything in the rules on this so I figured Id ask.  If the hunter reveals himself can he also reveal the name of his successful protectee, or is that not allowed?   

The hunter is free to reveal anything he desires.

~Switchfoot
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 16, 2010, 05:30:42 AM »

If possible try not to lynch anyone while I'm at work tomorrow. I won't have access to the Forums until around 5pm PST.

newcastle

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 16, 2010, 06:24:15 AM »

i'll be busy through a good chunk of the week...so imma gonna be quiet and let the rest of you hug it out.

withdraw rshetts2

Qantaga

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 16, 2010, 11:21:04 AM »

Voting Tally:

Isgrimnur (1):  Moliere

No vote:  Flatlander, Misguided, Einsteinium, rickfc, stessier, rshetts2, newcastle

~Switchfoot
stessier

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 16, 2010, 02:18:22 PM »

Quote from: JayDee on August 14, 2010, 11:41:47 PM

Moliere, thanks for your response

withdraw Moliere

stessier , you're up.

Well isn't that interesting.  Any particular reason you feel like you are in a position to be running the game?  You posted a total of 5 times yesterday, 1 of which was the N-1 vote.  No analysis or anything close to thoughtful input, and you're out asking for people to speak up?  Some nerve, my friend.

So back at you - who do you think is the killer and why?
stessier

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 16, 2010, 02:18:49 PM »

Quote from: Moliere on August 16, 2010, 05:30:42 AM

If possible try not to lynch anyone while I'm at work tomorrow. I won't have access to the Forums until around 5pm PST.

Fascinating.
Qantaga

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 16, 2010, 04:52:44 PM »

The villagers were all distant and removed. No one seemed willing to speak for fear that their words may be construed against them.

The sun is moving slowly across the sky.

[Mod Note]: I am heading to the airport. I will be mainly offline until later tonight. I will be able to check in on my phone from time to time, but my phone does not show bold text. It will probably be around 10:30 pm EST before I get settled in my hotel. Hopefully, there will be some chatter and some actual votes for me to tally by then. smile

~Switchfoot
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: August 16, 2010, 04:59:44 PM »

This is the first game were I am just not getting any weird vibes from anyone, which probably means that the two wolves are vets...Sorry guys, that's all I got...
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 16, 2010, 05:04:20 PM »

I don't like giving complete breakdowns of suspicious, as it's easy for the wolves to off the people that most think are innocent, leaving the "suspects" to get offed in daytime votes.  Even moreso, I'm suspicious of people that want to run herd on the village and dictate the flow like newcastle.  For now, though, I'm sticking with JayDee.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 16, 2010, 05:16:18 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on August 16, 2010, 05:04:20 PM

I don't like giving complete breakdowns of suspicious, as it's easy for the wolves to off the people that most think are innocent, leaving the "suspects" to get offed in daytime votes.  Even moreso, I'm suspicious of people that want to run herd on the village and dictate the flow like newcastle.  For now, though, I'm sticking with JayDee.

I'm with you here, Izzy...If you give your opinion of everyone and start building a consensus of whom we think is guilty, the wolves will tear everyone else apart and let the suspicious ones take the blame.

Quote from: stessier on August 16, 2010, 02:18:22 PM

withdraw Moliere

stessier , you're up.

Well isn't that interesting.  Any particular reason you feel like you are in a position to be running the game?  You posted a total of 5 times yesterday, 1 of which was the N-1 vote.  No analysis or anything close to thoughtful input, and you're out asking for people to speak up?  Some nerve, my friend.

Indeed...how about we hear some analysis from you, JayDee?
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 16, 2010, 08:16:59 PM »

Quote from: rickfc on August 16, 2010, 05:16:18 PM

I'm with you here, Izzy...If you give your opinion of everyone and start building a consensus of whom we think is guilty, the wolves will tear everyone else apart and let the suspicious ones take the blame.

Quote from: stessier on August 16, 2010, 02:18:22 PM

withdraw Moliere

stessier , you're up.

Indeed...how about we hear some analysis from you, JayDee?

Sure. I'll respond later tonight as I'm just leaving work to catch my train and then I need to watch my son as my wife is out this evening.
Einsteinium

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 16, 2010, 09:31:16 PM »

So, have to get everything ready (they lost my blood work at the lab) for tomorrow.

Everyone (I think) at one point voted for Huw, which shows solidarity and not much else. I'm not sure why there are so many vocal participants and so many that are silent, but to make sure I have a vote in, I'm going to say rickrfc, because his idea

Quote from: rickfc on August 16, 2010, 04:59:44 PM

This is the first game were I am just not getting any weird vibes from anyone, which probably means that the two wolves are vets...Sorry guys, that's all I got...

seems eerily plausible, and if I remember correctly he is a veteran player.

My next check in will be highly medicated but less painful.
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 16, 2010, 09:38:17 PM »

Quote from: Einsteinium on August 16, 2010, 09:31:16 PM

So, have to get everything ready (they lost my blood work at the lab) for tomorrow.

Everyone (I think) at one point voted for Huw, which shows solidarity and not much else. I'm not sure why there are so many vocal participants and so many that are silent, but to make sure I have a vote in, I'm going to say rickrfc, because his idea

Quote from: rickfc on August 16, 2010, 04:59:44 PM

seems eerily plausible, and if I remember correctly he is a veteran player.

My next check in will be highly medicated but less painful.

veteran could, and should be, used loosely.  I think this is my 5th or 6th game overall?  But, whatever...I can't fault you for it.  I really don't have any read on anyone so far, so I'll choose to abstain from voting until someone gets on my radar...
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 16, 2010, 10:02:50 PM »

Quote from: rickfc on August 16, 2010, 09:38:17 PM

I really don't have any read on anyone so far, so I'll choose to abstain from voting until someone gets on my radar...

That's basically where I'm at, too. I went with the guy acting strangely on Monday and that didn't get us anywhere.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 16, 2010, 11:51:53 PM »

Quote from: stessier on August 16, 2010, 02:18:49 PM

Quote from: Moliere on August 16, 2010, 05:30:42 AM

Fascinating.

I don't know if it was fascinating, but I simply wanted to be a part of the final votes in case something happened that made me want to change my vote. Looks like this was unnecessary since nothing has changed since last night. I agree with the wolves=veterans view so I will stick with my current vote.

newcastle

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 17, 2010, 02:19:40 AM »

and i dont like folks who nay say threat matrixes

accuse isgrinmur

by the way, those innocent saying...no to the threat matrix...basically it's no sweat off yoru back...however...it will cause the wolves to eventually give in if enough villagers do it...and if we catch 1 wolf, who has a threat matrix...then we can refer back to it and see how they thought of various villagers....i urge you, as honest villagers it puts the heat more on the wolves than you....

newcastle

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 17, 2010, 02:22:24 AM »

Quote from: rickfc on August 16, 2010, 05:16:18 PM

even if they leave the most suspicious ones, they have to hide amongst teh mix there as well...it behooves them to keep probably the people whom they can blend in best with.

I mean if you have mr. suspicious and normal joe, people might wonder why normal joe is around.

Qantaga

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 17, 2010, 03:12:47 AM »

Voting Tally:

Isgrimnur (2):  Moliere, newcastle
rickfc (1):  Einsteinium

No vote:  Flatlander, Misguided, rickfc, stessier, rshetts2

~Switchfoot
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 17, 2010, 04:47:25 AM »

Voting against me because I don't fall in line with your play style? Real classy.

newcastle

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 17, 2010, 05:02:46 AM »

hmm, so you dont think folsk should share information in game? Share thoughts? I mean how else are we goign to nab these two wolves unless we cooperate and try to figure out how each other is thinking. Interesting is all.
stessier

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 17, 2010, 02:52:42 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on August 17, 2010, 04:47:25 AM

Voting against me because I don't fall in line with your play style? Real classy.

Is it better if I say it's because you're ugly and your mama dresses you funny?

slywink

Isgrimnur

(Anyone else keep trying to use the accuse tags???   retard)
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 17, 2010, 03:03:10 PM »

Newcastle

While I may be wrong in my observation, I'm starting to feel like he's just leading the sheep to slaughter...
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: August 17, 2010, 03:07:20 PM »

newcastle, you're actually expecting the wolves to put forward a threat matrix that could be used against them if they are found?  Seriously?  Yeah, because the wolves are going to make sure and roadmap the rest of their team for you. 

Okay, so they make a couple villagers the "suspicious" ones.  Then we don't off them.  But maybe his partner was one of his "suspicious" ones to hide the team if he was found.  The idea that finding a wolf makes his threat matrix of any more value than anyone else's is ludicrous in the extreme. 

You know what?  I think you're a danger to the village, one way or another.  newcastle

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 17, 2010, 03:07:42 PM »

You want my threat matrix?  Right now, you're tops followed by JayDee. 

newcastle

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 17, 2010, 03:38:07 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on August 17, 2010, 03:07:20 PM

newcastle, you're actually expecting the wolves to put forward a threat matrix that could be used against them if they are found?  Seriously?  Yeah, because the wolves are going to make sure and roadmap the rest of their team for you. 

You do realize the power of peer pressure right? You do realize in my eyes, that folks who really dont provide information as to what they are thinking is a threat to the village in my eyes right? And you've played enough OO WW games to realize that we do this pretty frequently. So quit your baying of innocennce. I also am curious to see who's willing to share their thoughts and who isn't, that also to me is a method of figuring out who has the best interest of the village.

If you create a large enough peer pressure motivation, the wolves will have to put out a threat matrix, or else people will wonder why they arent sharing their thoughts. There is more to be gained for the village as a whole.

And, how the wolves dress up their threat matrix is up to them. They are riddle with choices...do they say they suspect their packmate? do they try to draw a distance from them, but say they are suspicous of them? or do they think they are "innocent'.

Thing is, this can be used when we find one wolf to try to triangulate...you, figure out how they acted toward other people.

This game is based on information, and how we perceive others, more information about others thought processes can only help, not hurt.

So now I wonder why you are so haughty about it.

And stessier, you of all people should know better with the threat matrix. I am looking at you very, very curiosly as to why you've decided to forget yoru ww vet status and decide not to throw out your threat matrix as well. I'd figure you'd be eager for it.

Anywho, just my two cents.
newcastle

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 17, 2010, 03:39:34 PM »

Quote from: stessier on August 17, 2010, 02:52:42 PM

Quote from: Isgrimnur on August 17, 2010, 04:47:25 AM

Is it better if I say it's because you're ugly and your mama dresses you funny?

slywink

Isgrimnur

(Anyone else keep trying to use the accuse tags???   retard)

yup, i like the bold better, since i dont have to type [accuse] and what not
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 17, 2010, 03:46:53 PM »

So go poke someone else that isn't posting and get off my back.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: