http://gamingtrend.com
July 31, 2014, 09:42:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [WW] GT Werewolf IV - By the Light of the Silver Moon - Voyagers Sail to Victory  (Read 9746 times)
Qantaga
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: August 12, 2010, 01:22:12 AM »

Players:

1. Flatlander - Eaten
2. Isgrimnur
3. Misguided - Lynched - Werewolf
4. Huw the Poo - Lynched
5. Einsteinium - Lynched - Werewolf
6. JayDee - Lynched
7. rshetts2 - Eaten
8. rickfc
9. Moliere
10. stessier
11. newcastle - Lynched

Werewolf IV Rules

Bad:
- Alpha Werewolf: Communicates the werewolves' night kill choice to me.
- Beta Werewolf: Will learn the role of the night's kill as long as he is alive. Once the Beta Werewolf is dead, the wolves will no longer learn villager roles.

Good:
- Seer: Scans one player nightly. Will be only told Villager or Werewolf. Will not be told if a Villager is a Special.
- Hunter: Protects one player each night. Cannot protect same player two nights in a row. Can self protect.
- Priest: Scans a dead body nightly to learn their role.

Turn Order:
- Hunter protects
- Werewolves kill
- Seer scans
- Priest scans

Rules:
- Villagers win if they kill both wolves.
- Wolves win if their numbers are greater than or equal to the number of remaining villagers.
- There is no post editing
- The wolves may PM each other anytime. However, once a wolf is dead (pronounced dead in the game thread), the PMs between wolves must stop.
- The villager specials may PM me only.
- No other PMs are allowed.
- Do not post or refer to anything I tell you in PM during the game. Once the game is over, you are more than welcome to publicize anything I say in PM, if you desire, but do not refer to my PMs at all during the course of the game.
- Lynch votes are indicated by bold text. Withdrawls are also indicated by bold text.
- Once a majority is reached on a lynch vote, the vote is closed.
- The very first night of the game, the Priest will automatically receive a scan of the first villager lynched on Day 1 of the game. Beginning with Night 2, the Priest can scan any dead body.
- There will not be a time limit in this game. However, I will issue a Fair Warning that a vote will be closed or orders will be forfeited if no majority is reached or no orders sent within 24 hours of the Fair Warning. This will be issued at my discretion if I think the game has stagnated. I will let the game play out naturally, if possible, and will only use this as a last resort.
- The game will begin in daytime.
- Players that have been pronounced dead (in my in-game write-ups) are ghosts. Popcorn, haunting, etc. icons are fine. Even humorous ghostly comments to let us know that you're still haunting the village are okay, but be very, very careful to stay far away from anything remotely related to the game.
- I will only update the day/night cycle of the game in the thread title. I found myself constantly trying to blur my eyes in the first three games to avoid spoilers from the thread titles. You'll have to come into the thread to find the results in this game. smile
- Roles will be determined randomly at Random.org.

PMs will be sent to all players concerning their roles at the start of the game.

Please look over the rules. I have added a few things for clarity's sake and a suggestion.

I am going to post a little background to your game world, then I will make a post formally starting the game.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 03:41:33 AM by Qantaga » Logged

Xbox Live: Sukaro
PSN: Suroka

Until I die I'll sing these songs on the shores of Babylon
Still looking for a home in a world where I belong

~Switchfoot
Qantaga

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 01:22:37 AM »

Prelude

A light mist creeps slowly from a darkened coastline. It slithers up a worn path and makes its way into a small village. It winds through the streets and circles a small fountain in the center of town. It passes houses, a small inn, and a row of shops. The only sound is the clattering of the inn's signpost as the wind gusts and recedes.   

As the mist follows the road, it eventually leaves the town proper and engulfs the boots of a man sitting on a large rock. His face is battered. His stare is vacant. His seems to be looking up a winding path until his gaze rests on a castle looming over the village.

This man is a mystery to us. In order to learn more about him, we must journey upon the winds of time. We'll float gently back to a brighter day when this village bustled with life. We only need look back a few, short years to see homes full of joy and heartache, shops alive with economic success and failure, inns ringing with cheer and anger, and a castle that was the shining centerpiece of the island over which it towered.

~Switchfoot
Qantaga

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 01:23:28 AM »

Five years earlier

A striking young woman gazes out over the parapets of a castle overlooking a small village. Pastures, farms, and forests run in all directions, almost as far as the eye can see. At the very edges of her vision lies a gleaming, crystalline sea. Off to her right, she sees a large sailing ship anchored to a finely crafted wooden dock.

Her name is Dulcinea. Her heart is kind. She revels in the peaceful and thriving community that her father has helped establish here on this island kingdom. She knows the names of all 273 souls who reside here. They all love her father as much as she.

She sees the sun begin to touch the western horizon and marvels at the beauty of colors splashed across the land and sky. She loses track of time and place as she is drawn into the wonder of the retiring day.  It catches her by surprise a few minutes later when she realizes that the sun has vanished completely beyond the sea. As she turns back to look at the village, she becomes aware that a bright, silver, and fully gorged moon has claimed the night as its own.

She hears a small noise behind her. She turns quickly, but sees nothing behind her. She breathes deeply and curses herself for being startled so easily. As she gathers her wits about her, she starts back along the walkway that will lead down the long, narrow stairs to the main keep. Then, a low growl freezes her feet to the ground. She looks toward the deepest shadows and sees bright orange eyes staring back at her. The last thought that crosses her mind is that she should run. Before her mind can send that message to her legs, the owner of those startling eyes has already covered the ground between them. It is not long before Dulcinea's kind and joyful heart beats no more.

~Switchfoot
Qantaga

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 01:24:12 AM »

The next morning

Villagers begin to wake slowly. The farmers, shepherds, and ranchers of the island have been up and about their chores for hours, but the village is finally stirring as dawn's cheery light beats back the shadows of the night.

Ben, the innkeeper, stumbles out of the inn's front door. He is desperately trying to reach a state of waking alertness. His senses are dulled by a long night serving the inhabitants of the sailing ship that has stopped for its monthly trading rounds. The festivities had lasted long into the wee, small hours and Ben is feeling the effects as he makes his way around the village square to try to knock  the cobwebs out of his weary head.

As he comes to the fountain, it takes him a few moments to realize what he is seeing. A lovely dress, one he finally recognizes as belonging to the wondrous Dulcinea, is shredded so severely that it barely covers the gruesome sight it contains.

As he turns to run for help, he realizes that the ship and the dock have been burned to ashes.

~Switchfoot
Qantaga

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 01:24:57 AM »

Weeks pass. Each morning turns up a fresh horror. Slowly, but surely, the population of the island is methodically reduced day by agonizing day.

Until, one evening the last innocent inhabitant is found curled up in a ball behind a rock formation in a cave along the northern shore of the island. She watches catatonically as a shadow with orange eyes lumbers slowly toward her. Before she can come to terms with the thing that stands before her, she is torn asunder. Which, with her very last thought, she counts as a blessing.

~Switchfoot
Qantaga

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2010, 01:26:09 AM »

Five years pass

One dark and moonless night, another sailing ship limps toward the island. It has been battered into a state where it is remarkable that it is still afloat. Two miles out at sea, it was hit with the fury of an ocean storm the likes of which it had never seen since it was commissioned many years before. Most of its passengers and crew have been killed by the brutality of the tempest. However, as the ship draws closer to the island, there is movement aboard. By the time the ship runs aground on the western side of the isle, still hundreds of yards from shore, we see several figures standing on the deck. One by one, they slip over the side into the murky waters. The tide urges them on as they make their way to shore. There are 12 souls that have reached landfall.

Behind them, their terminally battered ship continues its deterioration and, over the next few weeks, it gives itself completely to the relentless sea.

As the dozen voyagers begin to explore the island, they find farms, ranches (curiously devoid of animals of any kind), huts and barns. However, they are drawn inexorably toward the mighty castle at the island's center. As they approach the hillside upon which it stands, they come to the village at its base. They find an inn stocked with goods that are still serviceable and, most importantly, life sustaining. They find shops with essentials and sundry items. They find homes which, while musty and untended, have beds, kitchens, and running water.

It is obvious that something catastrophic has happened here, While they find no sign of the previous inhabitants, there are broken windows, battered doors, and stains that might just be dried blood.

They begin to settle individually into the homes with the least amount of damage.

As the weeks pass, they begin to explore the surrounding countryside. They even begin to venture tentatively into the castle that looms over them. While the castle is still in good shape, and shows no sign of the damage found in the village, there is a undertone of fear that each voyager feels cut through their soul as they pass into the castle's interior. They all decide that they are just fine in the homes they have claimed in the village below.

~Switchfoot
Qantaga

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2010, 01:26:48 AM »

One night, after most of the other voyagers have long been sleeping, two of their more industrious fellows find themselves unable to sleep. They discover each other poking around the village square. They strike up a conversation. They realize that, while they still hope desperately for rescue, that they are probably stranded here for a good, long time. One of them begins to wonder why they were so spooked by the castle on the hill. Together, being both brave and strong men of considerable will, they decide that they must have been giving in to childish fears and that the best course of action would be to face those fears head-on. They decide together that they might as well go take a look now, in the deep hours of the night, to confront those fears and banish them for good.

They hardly even notice the full moon that hovers above them as they make their way up the winding path.

As they explore the castle, they find a treasure trove of food and supplies. They are thrilled. It should be enough to last everyone a long time. At least until they can examine the surrounding farms for long-term sustainability.

They make their way from room to magnificent room. Finally, they find themselves deep in the castle, in a massive library. There are shelves stuffed with books, maps, and scrolls. There are globes, pictures, collectibles from around the world, and extemely comfortable looking chairs. The room stretches three stories high, with shelves extending all the way to a glass ceiling that shows the night sky. As our two voyagers look up, they finally notice the full moon that gazes down upon them.

As they continue to stare up at the hypnotic moon, they hear a soft sound behind them. They turn slowly as the door whispers closed. Amazingly, they see a shadowy figure with bright orange eyes. It is obvious that the figure is more ephemeral than substantial. They hear a calm and compelling voice saying, not only aloud, but deep in their minds, " You and your brethren have disturbed my mistress' peaceful kingdom. She is not pleased with your presence. My time has passed and I am unable to again feed as she would desire. Therefore, I am now in need of your services. I will bestow upon you a gift, so that you may serve her, too."

~Switchfoot
Qantaga

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2010, 01:27:20 AM »

Another week passes. The two voyagers who have made their way up to the castle in the dead of night have not slept since. They are not sure what is happening to them. They feel normal by day, but the night makes them feel exceedingly strange. They find themselves losing track of time. They may start the night in their homes only to suddenly find themselves across the island with no memory of how they got there. One of them has even noticed that he is beginning to feel very hungry by night, even if he eats a big meal before sundown.

The other has noticed that he now likes to run at night... for very long distances... on all fours.

~Switchfoot
Qantaga

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2010, 01:28:07 AM »

One bright and shining morning, the voyagers begin to shuffle out of their new homes. They are on their way to the inn where they like to gather for a shared breakfast. Then, several of them stop suddenly in their tracks. There is something wrong with the fountain. There is a bright red splatter all around the fountain. Inside it's now contaminated waters is what can only be a body torn to shreds. It is mangled almost beyond recognition but, closer (and stomach turning) examination reveals the corpse to be that of Purge.

The voyagers slowly back away, but then one of them points at the inn. "Look." Painted in what can only be poor Purge's blood, above the inn's sign, are the words, "The mistress has awakened. Your lives will feed her hunger. We will be her instruments of destruction."

~Switchfoot
Qantaga

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2010, 01:28:36 AM »

The voyagers spend several days thoroughly combing the island. They leave no house, no farm, no building, no cave, and even no stone unturned. They storm the castle and examine every square inch. There is only one possible conclusion. Purge's killers must reside amongst the 11 remaining voyagers.

What will they do now?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 01:39:01 AM by Qantaga » Logged

~Switchfoot
Qantaga

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2010, 01:29:28 AM »

It is Monday morning.

The game is afoot.

Voyagers, who will you lynch?

Majority is six.

~Switchfoot
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2010, 02:47:26 AM »

Is this where we all start making random accusations until a "winner" is chosen to take one for the team? Let's start with CeeKay. Wait, he's not playing? Withdraw CeeKay. Since Isgrimnur was killed early in the previous three games he will get an automatic sympathy pass the first couple of rounds which means he's probably the wolf in this game. Alas, though it might be ill-advised I will randomly select Misguided.

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2010, 03:38:56 AM »

GAME...ON....
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2010, 04:44:12 AM »

I get it. Pick on the new guy, eh?

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2010, 06:51:11 AM »

Moliere, while your logic is sound, I couldn't possibly propose to lynch a crewmate so easily with no suspicion or, apparently, remorse.  Your actions shock me.  I have no choice but to....

Lynch Moliere!

Resident anti-Steam troll
Steam profile
Einsteinium

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2010, 07:26:13 AM »

Eeeny Meeny Miney Moliere
Einsteinium

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2010, 07:30:30 AM »

RL: Oh, and I'll try to respond on Friday, but I have my surgical consult in the AM. So I'll try to check tomorrow evening and then in the late afternoon/evening Friday.
stessier

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2010, 09:45:34 AM »

Einsteinium - so you'll have plenty of time to make that appointment!  And I never liked the fake elements anyway.  slywink
Qantaga

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2010, 11:24:05 AM »

[Mod Note]: I have removed my "Suggestion" from the original post. As I read over it this morning, it was overly wordy and probably more confusing than it was worth. All I'm asking is a storytelling favor. If someone gets lynched by the villagers, I would just like to be the one to write it up in the context of the game's story, rather than have the player say definiitively guilty or innocent before I can write it up and announce it. Thanks!

~Switchfoot
Qantaga

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2010, 11:27:52 AM »

Voting Tally:

Misguided (1): Moliere
Moliere (2): Huw the Poo, Einsteinium
Einsteinium (1): stessier

No vote: Flatlander, Misguided, JayDee, Isgrimnur, newcastle, rshetts2, rickfc

~Switchfoot
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2010, 12:18:53 PM »

Quote from: Huw the Poo on August 12, 2010, 06:51:11 AM

Moliere, while your logic is sound, I couldn't possibly propose to lynch a crewmate so easily with no suspicion or, apparently, remorse.  Your actions shock me.  I have no choice but to....

Lynch Moliere!

I wouldn't recommend lynching me just because I was the first to post. If I was a wolf I would have stayed more in the background waiting for everyone else and just try to blend in. Instead I posted first to try and get the game started.

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2010, 01:26:04 PM »

A pretty thin attempt at misdirection.  My vote is unchanged!

Resident anti-Steam troll
Steam profile
stessier

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2010, 01:46:52 PM »

Quote from: Moliere on August 12, 2010, 12:18:53 PM

Lynch Moliere!

I wouldn't recommend lynching me just because I was the first to post. If I was a wolf I would have stayed more in the background waiting for everyone else and just try to blend in. Instead I posted first to try and get the game started.

Ahh, the classic "don't hate me because I'm beautiful" post. 
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2010, 02:39:13 PM »

Flatlander
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2010, 02:47:32 PM »

You'd think Isgrimnur might make a point of getting some early participation in...

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2010, 02:53:28 PM »

Yeah, because everyone figures I'm "due" to be a wolf, so attracting attention to myself is exactly what I want to do.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
newcastle

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2010, 03:10:42 PM »

wow so like i am one of the few to not respond yet....am sure this is totally not needed...since am sure he will come around...BUT>>.....

rickKFCwith extra slaw please

...needs a little bit of vote loving
newcastle

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2010, 03:12:33 PM »

Quote from: Moliere on August 12, 2010, 12:18:53 PM

Lynch Moliere!

not really, there are many ways to play a wolf, and throwing out a random nonsensical vote like that is a perfect cover to not throwing one on your packmate. Or you can sit in the background, or you can harp onpeople who threw out the first non-sensical vote... ninja
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2010, 03:13:16 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on August 12, 2010, 02:53:28 PM

Yeah, because everyone figures I'm "due" to be a wolf, so attracting attention to myself is exactly what I want to do.

That's something a wolf would say.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2010, 03:14:27 PM »

Bite me. Tongue

No, wait, don't.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2010, 03:21:03 PM »

Quote from: newcastle on August 12, 2010, 03:10:42 PM

wow so like i am one of the few to not respond yet....am sure this is totally not needed...since am sure he will come around...BUT>>.....

rickKFCwith extra slaw please

...needs a little bit of vote loving

With extra slaw? Lynch Newcastle

rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2010, 03:22:28 PM »

lynch Isgrimnur!

icon_lol Just kidding:

lynch newcastle

It's interesting that you would mention wanting to lynch me with a side of slaw...Wolfian slip, perhaps?
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2010, 03:39:34 PM »

it's a tough choice on a day one lynching.  I guess since we have to choose someone, I'll go with Moliere because his name starts with an M,  which is an inverted W, which as we know stands for wolf.  Yeah, it's thin but it's all I've got.

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
Qantaga

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2010, 03:41:38 PM »

Voting Tally:

Misguided (1): Moliere
Moliere (3): Huw the Poo, Einsteinium, rshetts2
Einsteinium (1): stessier
Flatlander (1): JayDee
rickfc (1): newcastle
newcastle (2): Misguided, rickfc

No vote: Flatlander, Isgrimnur

~Switchfoot
newcastle

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2010, 03:52:10 PM »

Quote from: rickfc on August 12, 2010, 03:22:28 PM

lynch Isgrimnur!

icon_lol Just kidding:

lynch newcastle

It's interesting that you would mention wanting to lynch me with a side of slaw...Wolfian slip, perhaps?

fascinating, so you thought I was saying i want extra slaw with that...nah meant you name is..."rick...imma kfc junkie who needs extra slaw with his fried chicken"....

/sigh

jokes are no fun to explain, people just dont get my sense of humor[
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2010, 04:01:02 PM »

wait...Huw doesn't have any votes?  That just seems so wrong...   ninja
newcastle

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2010, 04:11:56 PM »

Quote from: JayDee on August 12, 2010, 03:13:16 PM

Quote from: Isgrimnur on August 12, 2010, 02:53:28 PM

That's something a wolf would say.

and that...is something a wolf would say
Einsteinium

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2010, 04:19:44 PM »

I think the dogpile on Moliere is a bad idea at this time. I was hoping to draw out a wolf, catch a slip, etc... but there really isn't much to go on right now.

withdraw Moliere

Maybe I can throw barrels a la Donkey Kong, and whoever clears the most is definitely a wolf.
Flatlander
Gaming Trend Reader

Mayhem like me

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2010, 05:21:13 PM »

Lynch JayDee!         He was a bit too quick to accuse an innocent man!
stessier

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2010, 05:32:36 PM »

Quote from: Einsteinium on August 12, 2010, 04:19:44 PM

I think the dogpile on Moliere is a bad idea at this time. I was hoping to draw out a wolf, catch a slip, etc... but there really isn't much to go on right now.

withdraw Moliere

Maybe I can throw barrels a la Donkey Kong, and whoever clears the most is definitely a wolf.
So you're saying you wanted to be seen having a vote on your partner, but now that he's actually getting some other votes, you want to give him some breathing room so he doesn't actually die.

Got it.   thumbsup
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: