http://gamingtrend.com
July 25, 2014, 04:04:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [WW] GAME OVER - VILLAGERS WIN  (Read 2979 times)
Bulletpig
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 14, 2011, 03:39:14 PM »

Boo!
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: November 14, 2011, 04:04:29 PM »

Quote from: Bulletpig on November 14, 2011, 03:39:14 PM

Boo!
+1

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Cragmyre

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 14, 2011, 04:25:28 PM »

If you vote, it is a bad thing.  If you don't vote, it is a bad thing.  If you talk, it is a bad thing.  If you don't talk, it is a bad thing.  Theohall is a master manipulator.  He is able to take what is there and show you what he wants to show you.  My hats off to you Theohall, you a very good at this game.  You have been the most vocal, leading others to do your bidding.  Very well done.

btw all, I'm a bit under the weather today and will do my best to visit this thread

I suffer from EGADD - Electronic Gaming Attention Deficit Disorder
theohall

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 14, 2011, 04:31:23 PM »

Quote from: Cragmyre on November 14, 2011, 04:25:28 PM

btw all, I'm a bit under the weather today and will do my best to visit this thread

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well.  Get better!

If soulchilde is the last wolf, this long drawn out ending seems silly.  But he has me fooled, if he is.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 15, 2011, 12:52:01 AM »

Sorry for the delay...   Anyway, not much was posted, so it's either Cragmyre or Theohall....   

Theohall if you turn out to be a wolf...

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: November 15, 2011, 12:53:01 AM »

Cragmyre

NiM$
theohall

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 15, 2011, 02:02:00 AM »

Sweet!  We are going to win.....   Unless you turn out to be the wolf, Soulchilde.  Again, if so, very well played.

Well-played by you also CragWolfenMyre.
Cragmyre

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 15, 2011, 02:14:26 AM »

See, I knew he'd stick with you theohall  crybaby

ravenvii

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 15, 2011, 03:08:05 AM »

"I vote for you, Cragmyre!" shouted theohall.

"And I for you!" cried Cragmyre with a flourish of his coat.

"Hey, where's soulchilde?"

"Yeah, we need the majority vote!" agreed theohall.

They looked all over the town. No sign of Soulchilde.

They even chartered a private plane and flew all over the country. That took a few days.

When they finally returned to the village empty-handed, they found Soulchilde mowing his lawn with the most innocent face you'd ever seen.

"... oh, hi guys. I vote for Cragmyre," Soulchide said nonchalantly.

theohall and Cragmyre stared at Soulchilde, panting.

Suddenly, Cragmyre ran for the gallows. He's had it. Fuck it all.

*snap*

"... werewolf for dinner?" Soulchide said, smiling. theohall continued to stare at him.

Cragmyre is a wolf. Villagers win!
theohall

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 15, 2011, 03:13:56 AM »

Woot!!!!  Thanks everyone.  Sorry I got you killed Doopri.  Cragmyre was doing an excellent job of hiding in the woods.
Bulletpig

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 15, 2011, 03:52:31 AM »

Great game guys!

Have to admit that cragmyre had me fooled.
Cragmyre

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 15, 2011, 04:01:19 AM »

Thanks guys, this was my first time as a wolf.

The final decision on who to keep was tough.  Like who to bring to the last tribal council in Survivor.   I so wanted to kill off theohall, and you can see why.  But I figured if Bulletpig suspected soulchilde, then why would soulchilde kill off theohall, but not Bulletpig?!?

Now had Doopri lived, I know I would have been able to get the wolves a win smile

I had a great time, but theohall, you are too damn good!

Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 15, 2011, 04:14:05 AM »

there was one person who i was SURE wasnt a werewolf.  the night bulletpig was eaten, i thought man i wish i had lived, as i was SURE either bulletpig or cragmyre was going to be eaten that night, and i was a biiiiiit unsure of bulletpig.  so i thought it would have been in the bag easy.  that one person i was convinced wasnt a werewolf, from back a few votes - was cragmyre.  damn smile

and im guessing you were doing it on purpose so ill half mention it, but i really like one of the things you were doing early in the game.  as a newbie question - and please shout me down if its not cool to meta like this - but what is the counter to the way soul plays?  make sure the seer scans him? (and isnt slaughtered by early vocal villagers-who-will-remain-nameless).  because i have to admit soul - as scared as i was that you might have been a carefully lurking wolf, in the late game i dont know if i could ever vote for you when the win or loss is on the line.
theohall

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 15, 2011, 12:19:58 PM »

soulchilde has actually changed his style of play over the past couple of years.  On that other forum, he was almost always super silent, which led to him getting lynched early for being super silent.  Yes, the way to counter the super silent play is Seer scans or early lynches.

BTW, Cragmyre, I didn't used to be any good at this at all.  Since OO started doing their league games, which are setup identical to this one, I have gotten better at reading who is doing what the longer the game progresses.  In this case, soulchilde not being around on that last day was what convinced me you were the wolf - which is "meta-gaming" and kind of unfair to you.  Had he been active and posting, I would not have been sure which of you was the wolf.  His inactivity was characteristic of him not being as concerned about the game, while wolves are always concerned about the game.  At the same time, the pattern in your posts and voting was there.  I just didn't see it until we got down to the last day and re-read everything.  It was after the re-read that I noticed the "meta" thing, which was the final nail, assuming soulchilde would believe me.  And that belief was in doubt after getting Doopri killed.

Qantaga finding JayDee on Night One made this easier than most, because it bought us one extra day, which we needed.  On the voting thing, yes, Cragmyre, you got a vote on JayDee, but it wasn't until Qantaga had announced he was the Seer.   Had that vote been prior to the Seer claim, I probably would  have suspected Soulchilde more on that last day.

Fun game.  Always enjoy this with this crowd, which plays completely different from the OO crowd.
Cragmyre

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 15, 2011, 02:48:48 PM »

Hmm, then not quite fair to the wolves, or even the other players.  You either want to play, no matter your role, or you don't.  But I do understand his Skyrim distraction smile   it is on my Christmas list, so hopefully will be a new year distraction for me slywink

I enjoyed the game none-the-less.  It was my first time being a wolf and it was tricky losing my partner right off the bat.  I'm happy to know that I did fool some, and perhaps, should have mauled someone other than Bulletpig towards the end biggrin

I don't visit OO so don't know about them, but I know those OO'ers that visit here as GT'ers and I'd gladly play another game any time.

JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 15, 2011, 03:07:31 PM »

Good game guys!

Again? I can host.
ravenvii

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 15, 2011, 09:18:52 PM »

Quote from: JayDee on November 15, 2011, 03:07:31 PM

Good game guys!

Again? I can host.

Yeah!  dude
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 15, 2011, 09:28:41 PM »

I'm down for a game
Bulletpig

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 15, 2011, 10:09:26 PM »

Count me in.
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 15, 2011, 11:43:12 PM »

id go again - though feel free to have a pre-first-hanging hanging and vote me out before the match starts if you find me terribly annoying!  i blabbed a lot
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: November 16, 2011, 02:43:18 PM »

Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 16, 2011, 04:02:39 PM »

Quote from: Cragmyre on November 15, 2011, 02:48:48 PM

Hmm, then not quite fair to the wolves, or even the other players.  You either want to play, no matter your role, or you don't.  But I do understand his Skyrim distraction smile   it is on my Christmas list, so hopefully will be a new year distraction for me slywink

I enjoyed the game none-the-less.  It was my first time being a wolf and it was tricky losing my partner right off the bat.  I'm happy to know that I did fool some, and perhaps, should have mauled someone other than Bulletpig towards the end biggrin

I don't visit OO so don't know about them, but I know those OO'ers that visit here as GT'ers and I'd gladly play another game any time.

You are right it isnít fair, but work and Skyrim has dominated my time, but I still should have paid more attention.  Theohall did play it correctly, as we have played several games together on OO and after my re-read I kinda figured you was the remaining wolf due to some of Theohallís tells..

NiM$
Cragmyre

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 16, 2011, 04:34:25 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on November 16, 2011, 04:02:39 PM

Quote from: Cragmyre on November 15, 2011, 02:48:48 PM

You are right it isnít fair, but work and Skyrim has dominated my time, but I still should have paid more attention.  Theohall did play it correctly, as we have played several games together on OO and after my re-read I kinda figured you was the remaining wolf due to some of Theohallís tells..

If had Skyrim, I'd be missing in action as well biggrin

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: