http://gamingtrend.com
October 20, 2014, 06:15:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [TV]Beverly Hills Cop  (Read 395 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: August 29, 2012, 11:52:16 AM »

Amidst the yet again false rumours this morning that Eddie Murphy has died(i think that's the second hoax this year,and about half a dozen overall),which has sent twitter into overdrive....again

It is apparently true that Eddie Murphy and Shawn Ryan(The Shield) are pitching the idea of a Beverly Hills Cop TV series to TV Studios this week

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/beverly-hills-cop-tv-series-eddie-murphy-shawn-ryan-sony-pictures-television-365873

Speaking to Rolling Stone in November, Murphy confirmed that there wouldn't be a fourth movie in the franchise and that he was interested in telling a different story about his former alter ego.

"What I'm trying to do with Beverly Hills Cop now is produce a TV show starring Axel Foley's son, and Axel is the chief of police now in Detroit," he said at the time. "I'd do the pilot, show up here and there. None of the movie scripts were right; it was trying to force this premise. If you have to force something, you shouldn't be doing it. It was always a rehash of the old thing. It was always wrong."

It was unclear if the SPT-Murphy-Ryan pitch being shopped this week was similar to the idea Murphy discussed in November.

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 03:52:23 AM »

CBS bit and ordered a pilot for it.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 07:04:25 AM »

I guess it could be decent if Eddie only shows up sparingly.

I actually just watched the first Beverly Hills Cop on Netflix last night (all 3 were added to the Instant Watch recently) and I'm not sure I realized Eddie Murphy was so young when that movie came out.  He was just 23 in 1984, and pretty much straight off SNL.  I actually enjoyed seeing him in it, unlike anything in the last 10 years. 

Also, I realized that Jason Segel is basically a modern day Judge Reinhold.  smile

Sandwiches do fix everything.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 09:07:16 PM »

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/62368

CBS say No

CBS is not taking its “Beverly Hills Cop” pilot to series, despite the reported on-screen participation of Eddie Murphy and Judge Reinhold.

CBS had to outbid rival networks to get the pilot, and now it will likely be shopped to other channels.

Writer-producer Shawn Ryan (creator of “The Shield,” “Terriers,” “The Chicago Code,” “The Last Resort”) was masterminding the project, which centers on Axel Foley’s son Aaron (“Percy Jackson” vet Brandon T. Jackson), a Detroit police detective who finds himself lured by a lead to a wealthy corner of Southern California.

Barry Sonnenfeld (the “Men in Black” movies) directed the pilot.

Others in the pilot’s cast include David Denman (“The Office”), Sheila Vand (“Argo”), Christine Lahti (“Chicago Hope,” “Hawaii Five-0”) and Kevin Pollak (“A Few Good Men,” “Cop Out”).

CBS announces its fall schedule Wednesday.

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2013, 09:39:30 PM »

thumbsdown

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: