http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 10:19:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [TV] Vikings  (Read 507 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: March 02, 2013, 09:02:05 PM »

just heard about this new series on The History Channel called Vikings:

The HISTORY original series Vikings transports us to the brutal and mysterious world of Ragnar Lothbrok (Travis Fimmel), a Viking warrior and farmer who yearns to explore—and raid—the distant shores across the ocean. His ambition puts him at odds with local chieftain Earl Haraldson (Gabriel Byrne), who insists on sending his raiders to the impoverished east rather than the uncharted west. When Ragnar teams up with his boat builder friend Floki (Gustaf Skarsgard) to craft a new generation of intrepid ships capable of conquering the rough northern seas, the stage is set for conflict.

But for all its warfare and bloodshed, Vikings is also a story of family and brotherhood, capturing the love and affection between Ragnar and his wife, Lagertha (Katheryn Winnick), a respected warrior in her own right. It is the tale of Ragnar’s brother Rollo (Clive Standen), a fierce fighter who simmers with jealously; of Earl Haraldson’s wife Siggy (Jessalyn Gilsig), a dutiful beauty who may be less than loyal; and of the monk Athelstan (George Blagden), whose Christian morals clash with the Vikings’ pagan society. As ambition and innovation rattle a civilization, these characters will be put to the test—and their way of life will never be the same again.

Vikings was created and written by Michael Hirst (Elizabeth, The Tudors).

it starts Sunday night at 10pm.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 11:43:45 PM »

Just saw the commercial for this, looks like it might be very interesting.

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
McNutt

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 09:33:14 PM »

I watched this last night and wasn’t terribly impressed.  I wasn’t only able to give it half my attention during the first few minutes, so I wasn’t sure what that battle was about where the two brothers seemed to be the only survivors.  What was going on there? 

Gabriel Byrne’s character’s introduction as the bad guy could have been done with a bit more subtlety.  As a matter of fact, everything about this episode didn’t have to be so obvious.  It’s as though they didn’t want to risk turning off viewers with things like development.  They just threw it all out there at once.

The attempted rape scene had me scratching my head.  These two guys try to rape the badass main character’s wife as soon as he leaves.  She scars them both and sends them on their way and then all is forgotten.  She doesn’t tell anybody, including her husband.  Is she going to encounter these guys again?  Are they going to have to explain their hideous scars, including a nasty burn to the face, to the rest of the village? 

I’ll keep watching, but I’d give the first episode a C. 
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 08:40:19 PM »

well, watched the first whole season.  it was interesting but kinda predictable.  Donal Logue made an unexpected appearance though in the last 2 episodes.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 05:10:29 PM »

I watched the whole season. To me this is a show that would have been much better on a network like HBO or Showtime. Let them really go for the brutality. Still it was worth watching. I'll watch season 2 for sure.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
McNutt

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2013, 06:45:32 PM »

I think it was brutal enough.  The only thing HBO would have added was nudity every episode, whether it needed it or not. 
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2013, 09:41:33 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on May 02, 2013, 05:10:29 PM

I watched the whole season. To me this is a show that would have been much better on a network like HBO or Showtime. Let them really go for the brutality. Still it was worth watching. I'll watch season 2 for sure.

Seriously though?  2014?!   I want it NOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW.   seriously, I liked the show. 

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2014, 09:41:23 PM »

Anyone watching Season 2?

Forgot all about it and am finally getting caught up. So far so good.

Season 3 also just got the green light from History Channel.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: