http://gamingtrend.com
November 27, 2014, 10:54:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [TV] True Blood Season 4 (spoilers)  (Read 2047 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: May 19, 2011, 05:20:57 PM »

coming June 26th.  I'm kinda excited, but The Vampire Diaries has kinda spoiled me for storylines with witches and vamps.

it'll be fun to see if Sookie and Eric get together this season, since Bill seemed to be on the outs at the end of last season.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 05:48:24 PM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 06:10:55 PM »

Looking forward to this year, but I thought last season was a huge letdown.

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 06:30:17 PM »

Quote from: Devil on May 19, 2011, 06:10:55 PM

Looking forward to this year, but I thought last season was a huge letdown.

Season 3 was much better than the second with the witch.
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 07:28:44 PM »

Good lord, season 3 was fantastic because of one thing and one thing only:  the vampire king of Mississippi.  that guy stole the show.  the whole fairy subplot was rather annoying...but thankfully only a minor part of the season.  i actually consider season 3 to be one of their best because of the aforementioned vampire king.

Quote from: CeeKay on May 19, 2011, 05:20:57 PM

coming June 26th.  I'm kinda excited, but The Vampire Diaries has kinda spoiled me for storylines with witches and vamps.

you can still squeal like a 14 year old girl over some of the guys in true blood, you know.  you don't have to give that up when going from vampire diaries to true blood.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 07:56:05 PM »

Season 3 was better than 2, but not as good as 1  retard

I'm not as fired up about this new season. True Blood is just one of many good series now on.

...and I havent seen Jessica much in the previews so far  crybaby icon_mad

I am....Migaloo
Rest in Peace, Nan & Star
XBL Schins67
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2011, 08:44:04 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on May 19, 2011, 07:28:44 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on May 19, 2011, 05:20:57 PM

you can still squeal like a 14 year old girl over some of the guys in true blood, you know.  you don't have to give that up when going from vampire diaries to true blood.
  true, but 13 episodes of TB would be about a quarter of the season in VD.

wow, both series have initials that could be take as other things  icon_lol

Because I can,
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2011, 10:35:04 PM »

You are all insane, and wrong. Other than a few outbursts there was very little action last season and they flooded the story with a million different plotlines and characters that went nowhere.

You guys must have loved the last 3 Soprano seasons and the Schumacher Batman movies, because that's what last season was like. Disjointed and un-focused and, at times, boring.

Tongue

rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2011, 11:33:38 PM »

I enjoyed the show but I agree with Devil that last season was definitely all over the place.  Don't forget they also had the whole Jason and the werewolf story, the Shapeshifter meets his drunken family, Jessica and cute doofus guy, Tara getting over her guy and fighting rapist, and the gay shaman love story.  And that's just off the top of my head.  I kept thinkingt he storylines were going to merge toward the end but half of them were just subplots of their own.

P.S.  From the preview it looked like Jason becomes a were-creature or something?
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2011, 04:39:34 AM »

Hopefully this season will be much more focused.  The only two plot lines they need to concentrate on are Eric (and the witch) and Jason (and the redneck shifter family).  Maybe some Jessica in every episode smile  Tara can stay away forever, the gay shaman plot line can end quick and go away and the Sam plot line needs to be wrapped up for good...even in the latest book he's still an ultimate good guy with no dark past, no dark family secrets and nothing like last season except for horrible choices in girlfriends.  Really don't like the total deviations from Season 3 considering how much good stuff from the books is being left out just so we can have episodes of gay drama because it's HBO.
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2011, 01:16:07 PM »

I thought last season was the worst of the 3; there were so many story lines it was just completely disjointed. Part of the problem, however, is that I just don't like most of the characters. Tara is unbelievably annoying. Sookie and Bill are played out. The story with Sam was awful and made him a much less sympathetic character. The only characters I liked were Eric (and the girl that works for him), Jessica, and LaFayette. Oh and that crazy British vampire, but he's dead.
Cortilian
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2011, 02:00:49 PM »

"And now for the weather, Tiffany..."
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2011, 02:11:01 PM »

Quote from: Cortilian on May 20, 2011, 02:00:49 PM

"And now for the weather, Tiffany..."

We watch this show after our daughter goes to sleep (obviously), and when he said that, I laughed so loud that I woke her up. Completely unexpected, and brilliant.  thumbsup
El-Producto

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2011, 03:32:55 PM »

This show really lost it's lustre for me last season.  If they don't get rid of that G-D Tara, I'll stop watching.  Surely there are enough monsters/vampires to do her in.

"Goonies never say die"
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2011, 03:59:48 PM »

Quote from: El-Producto on May 20, 2011, 03:32:55 PM

This show really lost it's lustre for me last season.  If they don't get rid of that G-D Tara, I'll stop watching.  Surely there are enough monsters/vampires to do her in.

I'm pretty sure she's going to be a staple on the show unfortunately.
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2011, 04:46:59 PM »

I thought last season was good. I've read most of the books, and the third book is when things start to open up and you are introduced to all different types of creatures/monsters. The thing that helps the books stay focused is that they focus solely on Sookie, so you don't get the sub-plot lines that made last season seem all over the place.

I also think that the TV show took some of the major revelations that are sprinkled throughout the books, and used them last season. I could be wrong on that though, as the books all blend together and while I remember specific scenes and events, I can't remember which book they were in.

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2011, 06:00:36 PM »

Quote from: Devil on May 19, 2011, 10:35:04 PM

You are all insane, and wrong.

NO!  I am right because I'm wearing my Truth Pants!

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2011, 06:42:45 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on May 20, 2011, 06:00:36 PM

Quote from: Devil on May 19, 2011, 10:35:04 PM

You are all insane, and wrong.

NO!  I am right because I'm wearing my Truth Pants!

why are they on fire?

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2011, 07:23:45 AM »

so, any impressions?  I won't get to see it until tomorrow night at the earliest.

Because I can,
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2011, 08:05:19 AM »

the start was wtf meh. the rest was the usual fair.
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2011, 03:11:04 PM »

Ehhhh... icon_neutral

th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2011, 04:02:32 PM »

True Bleh.

So, I dropped it last season after episode 3, I believe? The wife recorded a recap episode the other day and we watched it before watching the premiere.

Pretty damn glad I opted out. Looked like a fucking boring mess.

So, yeah, she wanted to watch the premiere so we did. Several times during the episode I predicted what was going to happen well in advance of it happening, most notably:

Spoiler for Hiden:
Tara going lesbian. Hot chick cage match? Of course, that means they all fuck chicks. Jesus how lame and cliche'

I'll likely watch until Sookie gets nekkid one more time and then do something more productive with my time.

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2011, 04:51:23 PM »

I was disappointed, but I'm not sure if it's because the quality of the show dropped or if it's because they've moved almost completely away from the books at this point. The parts of the story that are in the books I kind of liked, but the rest of it was borderline terrible.

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
Crusis

Horror hack extraordinaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2011, 06:09:13 PM »

I really didn't care for Season 2 and 3. The first season was not bad. I'm not really into vampires but this serieshas enough skin and blood to keep me watching.

I expected to hate the new episode but by the end I was pretty impressed. There were still some LOL moments, as in "WTF were they thinking?" At one point, early on, my daughter said "Oh my god. This is worse than twilight!"

Spoiler for Hiden:
The whole fairy land of Oz was just bizarre and lame. "Magic Missle!" I was just cracking up through the first 10 minutes. The only thing missing was the witches calling Sookie "My pretty ..." haha.

They could make Bill the most likable king since George of the Jungle and he would still be a douche-waffle in my book. The guy is the worst part of the show. I have never read the books but he is just plain bad casting.

Never liked Tara much but I really liked her new character. And her new girlfriend  nod.

Jason grew up. Not sure if that's a good thing. Pretty much sick to death of those were-panther things.

The witches thing will be lame. Why was the Lafayette so freaked out by witches? He has seen some crazy shit on the show and all of a sudden he doesn't want to hold hands with some whacked out people?

This was ten times better than the Falling Skies premier.

I get paid to write books. It's a thing. http://timothywlong.com
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2011, 09:22:46 PM »

Quote from: Crusis on June 27, 2011, 06:09:13 PM

I really didn't care for Season 2 and 3. The first season was not bad. I'm not really into vampires but this serieshas enough skin and blood to keep me watching.

I expected to hate the new episode but by the end I was pretty impressed. There were still some LOL moments, as in "WTF were they thinking?" At one point, early on, my daughter said "Oh my god. This is worse than twilight!"

Spoiler for Hiden:
The whole fairy land of Oz was just bizarre and lame. "Magic Missle!" I was just cracking up through the first 10 minutes. The only thing missing was the witches calling Sookie "My pretty ..." haha.

They could make Bill the most likable king since George of the Jungle and he would still be a douche-waffle in my book. The guy is the worst part of the show. I have never read the books but he is just plain bad casting.

Never liked Tara much but I really liked her new character. And her new girlfriend  nod.

Jason grew up. Not sure if that's a good thing. Pretty much sick to death of those were-panther things.

The witches thing will be lame. Why was the Lafayette so freaked out by witches? He has seen some crazy shit on the show and all of a sudden he doesn't want to hold hands with some whacked out people?

Spoiler for Hiden:
Not in the book at all.  The whole story of Earl was different as well much less the fairy godparents

He's a douche-waffle in the books too but he was never king and never killed the queen (or even thought he was close to strong enough to be able to)

100% different.  Hate her, hate her character, hate the actress

Get used to the panthers as they are a pretty large part of the books and Jason's life from this point on

Completely different as well and not in a good way.  The whole thing is a setup concerning Eric's condition coming up soon but I'm sure they'll drag it out all season instead of 1-2 shows like they should

I still enjoyed it (don't judge just from the comments above) but after watching Game of Thrones I'm more and more disappointed by how far they are deviating from the books.  At this point it's True Blood: kinda sorta based on the series and not True Blood: the series.  And I imagine it's going to get worse as the season progresses.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2011, 08:12:51 PM »

my impression?  

bring back Russell Edgington.

ditch tara...please.

don't hold out the promise of gary cole then kill him in the first 10 minutes.  the man's a character actor's actor and can liven up almost anything.

bring back godric...sorry, still miss that character.

give Lafayette his own series in which he's a whacky private detective solving crimes in the inner city.  he plays by the rules...HIS rules!  fridays...on NBC.

I still rather enjoy Moyer on the show.  Not sure why he's so disliked.  I think he does a fairly good job of being enigmatic yet human-ish.

fairyville needs to be nuked from orbit.  someone wasn't paying attention during the script approval process.

Pam still cracks me up every time she gets a line. The woman is pure gold.  She can deliver almost anything in that droll, sarcastic voice and it makes me laugh.

I would watch a test pattern on tv for 60 minutes if it simply featured jessica in the center of the screen.

overall, not the greatest tv...but it's still fun.

Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2011, 08:39:00 PM »

The entire Fairyville scene reminded me of a bad Star Trek TNG episode. Complete with bad special effects, predictable seediness going on within a utopian illusion, and beaming. Just terrible all around. PLEASE SHOW JESSICA NAKED.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2011, 08:44:27 PM »

Technically she's still a minor  slywink

Because I can,
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2011, 09:18:55 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on June 28, 2011, 08:39:00 PM

The entire Fairyville scene reminded me of a bad Star Trek TNG episode. Complete with bad special effects, predictable seediness going on within a utopian illusion, and beaming.

I fully expected to see Frank Gorshin run through one of the scenes with half his face painted black and the other half white.

msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2011, 06:45:02 PM »

I thought the second episode was much better.

Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2011, 08:23:34 PM »

So did I. It looks like they are really setting up some interesting conflicts.  nod
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2011, 08:31:22 PM »

Yeah, for once I actually liked Tara ("That's it, I'm up outta here!").

Spoiler for Hiden:
Necromancers?  I'm on board for the season based solely on that little addition.  How can you not love necromancers?  I'm also curious if they'll ever show the "elders" of the vampires. 

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2011, 09:10:02 PM »

Finally got around to watching the premiere. I was kinda WTF? at the beginning, I even giggled at the fairy bombs.

Because I can,
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2011, 09:17:40 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on June 28, 2011, 08:12:51 PM

my impression?  

bring back Russell Edgington.

ditch tara...please.

don't hold out the promise of gary cole then kill him in the first 10 minutes.  the man's a character actor's actor and can liven up almost anything.

bring back godric...sorry, still miss that character.

give Lafayette his own series in which he's a whacky private detective solving crimes in the inner city.  he plays by the rules...HIS rules!  fridays...on NBC.

I still rather enjoy Moyer on the show.  Not sure why he's so disliked.  I think he does a fairly good job of being enigmatic yet human-ish.

fairyville needs to be nuked from orbit.  someone wasn't paying attention during the script approval process.

Pam still cracks me up every time she gets a line. The woman is pure gold.  She can deliver almost anything in that droll, sarcastic voice and it makes me laugh.

I would watch a test pattern on tv for 60 minutes if it simply featured jessica in the center of the screen.

overall, not the greatest tv...but it's still fun.

Agreed on most of these comments, particularly about Godric and also Pam, she always makes me laugh.  I'd watch an entire Godric (and Eric) show.   Replace Jessica with any one of the gazillion hot guys and I also agree on that!

I thought the Fairyland sequence was deliberately over the top and funny.  Not sure what the plans are with it though.  I do like that the time stretch allowed for some interesting plot movement to occur.

Funny on Gary Cole, I only recently watched the last few eps of Chuck and kept feeling like he was playing the exact same character.

I was a Tara fan for most of the series, but some of her plotlines have just been annoying as hell.  Still, I love having her in it just so Lafayette can refer to her as "hookah".  I would love to have someone I could just call "hookah" casually all the time.

I love the actors that play Sam and his brother, and I love that they show off their hot asses all the time, but seriously, can we buy them a more interesting plotline that actually ties into the main story?

All in all the first two eps have been interesting, but as mentioned:

Spoiler for Hiden:
I think the whole season's success will ride on how well they flesh out (no pun intended) the necromancer storyline.  I love the idea that necros can control the dead and thus control vamps.  Kind of a nifty twist that I don't think they ever dwelled on in, say, Anita Blake.  Also adds some nice balance to the "powers" in the show.  It does still seem like the witches are a bit weak relatively speaking, but it's always a fine line before you go too far with witches getting overpowers in a vampire show (see Vampire Diaries for a good example).
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2011, 12:41:14 AM »

Quote from: msteelers on July 05, 2011, 06:45:02 PM

I thought the second episode was much better.

Me too!

And to you guys who want Godric back: Boooo!

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2011, 06:05:39 PM »

in last Sunday's episode they finally explain what happened with the chain in the very first episode, plus had what is probably the best line in the series ever.

Spoiler for Hiden:
you just killed my fair godmother!

Because I can,
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2011, 06:42:39 PM »

Eric just kills in this show.  Both literally AND figuratively.

Devil

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2011, 06:49:25 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on July 15, 2011, 06:05:39 PM

in last Sunday's episode they finally explain what happened with the chain in the very first episode, plus had what is probably the best line in the series ever.

Not even the best line of the episode: Pam in the basement of Fangtasia was:

Spoiler for Hiden:
You have 24 hours to bring her to me, or I'll eat, fuck and kill each and every single one of you.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2011, 07:14:00 PM »

Meh, I don't really care for Pam. the actress playing her just doesn't have an ageless quality to her; it feels like should should be slinging grits at Mel's Diner.

Because I can,
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2011, 07:23:21 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on July 15, 2011, 07:14:00 PM

Meh, I don't really care for Pam. the actress playing her just doesn't have an ageless quality to her; it feels like should should be slinging grits at Mel's Diner.

Pam rules this show every time she appears on screen. 

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2011, 12:15:33 AM »

wow, did someone spike the blood supply for Fangtasia employees with stupid pills?

Because I can,
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: