http://gamingtrend.com
October 20, 2014, 09:23:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [TV] The Voice  (Read 1549 times)
rittchard
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: April 28, 2011, 08:53:52 PM »

Yet another singing competition - this time the judges are actually famous singers, but they are more than judges, they are coaches as well (similar to X Factor).  The real gimmick is though they make their initial selections without seeing the contestants, so initial impression is based solely on "The Voice."  In other words you get some fatties, oldies, baldies and uglies in addition to the hot young ones.  But you also get some amazing voices that you may not otherwise have got to hear.  Eventually the judges have to whittle their team of 8 down to 4, and then I guess the final 16 compete for America's votes.

I have to say they found some amazing talent in this show, really really impressed thus far.  Makes you wonder if America will be tapped out by the time X-Factor starts.
Bcarle
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 09:00:32 PM »

I saw this the other night. Surprised at the quality of the contestants.  Enjoyed it, so did the wife. A nice change from American Idol

bob
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 06:38:02 PM »

Quote from: Bcarle on April 28, 2011, 09:00:32 PM

I saw this the other night. Surprised at the quality of the contestants.  Enjoyed it, so did the wife. A nice change from American Idol

I don't know if they just worked hard to make sure they had very high quality candidates (it looks like they are probably more lenient with them being close to professional - the duo Elenowen, for instance, has an excellent album out on iTunes already) or if it's just fresh faces.  But compared to the last couple of years' Idols, it seems like the quality was far and above.
lildrgn

It's not the years, it's the mileage.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 07:10:20 PM »

I enjoyed it as well, though I thought Levine was a bit arrogant. Hopefully he'll be cooler in the future.

I was turned off by Beverly, especially when she sang Joplin. It was way too cliche for me. I don't see her lasting too long.

rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 06:59:13 PM »

Not as impressed with the second night of blind auditions, I think they put all the best in the premiere.  Still there's a lot of talent within the 32 contestants, and next week's "battle rounds" should be pretty brutal.  For those that are interested, basically the judges/coaches have to pit pairs of their own team against each other *singing the same song* (at the same time I believe), and then choosing to get rid of one of them.  Harsh!  By night's end they have their teams of 4, for a total of 16 "live show" contestants.
Bcarle
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 08:04:02 PM »

I agree the talent was a mix. It also seemed rushed as they had to pick the rest of the 8. they only took 3 the first show I think. Overall the battle rounds sound pretty interesting. Also I found it amusing when the judges tried to explain why they did not choose someone. (not well crafted reasons). 

bob
Toe

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2011, 01:19:40 AM »

Yeah, some of the judges's reasons for not picking someone was a bit lame. I also thought the live audience, while not much of one, kinda of went against the grain of the show and overall detracted from the performances. And as show that is suppose to be focusing on their "voice", just about every judge shows relief/happiness when they pick a good-looking person and disappointment when none of them pick someone and they turn around to find out they are attractive. I thought the host was also pretty lame.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2011, 06:44:20 PM »

First "Battle Round" was fantastic!  The talent here is just amazing, and I love the tension of the 2 singers needing to both work together as well as show each other up.  All 8 singers last night were just fantastic, and I agreed with all the choices.  That cowboy guy makes me wanna go country, yum.   

Don't know why they pushed it til 10pm though, that could hurt.  Maybe it's just me but all around I'm finding The Voice at least 10 times more compelling than this season's Idol.
Bcarle
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2011, 10:42:11 PM »

I agree, it has to be hard to sing together and at the same time know that you might be the one gone. I have to say that they sounded really good together. Some interesting Duo combinations if they wanted too.  I am curious about the couple that was chosen in the beginning. Are  they going to compete against someone else 2 on 1 ?  Wish it was on at 9 vice 10.

bob
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2011, 11:49:47 PM »

Quote from: Bcarle on May 11, 2011, 10:42:11 PM

I am curious about the couple that was chosen in the beginning. Are  they going to compete against someone else 2 on 1 ? 

Looked like it from the (brief) clip they showed for next week's episode - I saw 3 people; the guy they were competing against I couldn't place. 
lildrgn

It's not the years, it's the mileage.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2011, 05:43:53 AM »

Just caught up with this tonight and found it really excellent. The "battles" are really intriguing and the talent was darn good too.

I was rooting for Tyler and I'm glad Adam didn't choose "Mr. Almost," though the girl didn't do too much for me (vocally, anyway) either.

rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2011, 08:15:47 PM »

Finally at the live shows.  Very cool stuff.  Loving the banter between the judges - some of it seems contrived but it definitely seems like there's something weird going on between Xtina vs. Adam/Blake.  Cee-lo is too drugged up to get involved lol.  Blake gets the award for best inappropriate joke "that's what she said!" - loved that.

My favorite performance of the night was the even twistier twist version of Heartless from Dia (I think that was her name).  Sure it's not that different from Kris Allen's version, which was stolen from yet another version, but whatever, she did it even cooler than the rest and I love how she gets these little high note twists in.  Not sure if it will be enough to save her for another episode.

Biggest disappointment was that young girl Xenia(?) or whatever.  As one of the panel said, I would love to hear a full album of her singing, I just love her raspy voice, she's actually my favorite voice of the season.  She reminds me of a really really really young Natalie Merchant.  Unfortunately they chose a horrible song for her, she was so uncomfortable doing it I could barely stand to watch.  I actually love the song she sang, but it was just wrong for her.  Sadly I doubt she'll make it any further.

The country boy and Frenchie are clearly in the pimped zones, so my guess is they'll both make it.  Other than them I'm not really sure, probably the bald lesbian chick and maybe the bald Daughtry wannabe.  That would be interesting if all the baldies survived.
Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2011, 10:28:02 PM »

I'm not sure the Voice is going to keep me as a viewer.  Too much praise, not enough criticism from the judges.  At times I was getting a <shudder> Randy Jackson vibe from them.  I felt the singers voices were getting a bit lost amongst the band.  Maybe I'm just burnt out on singing comps at the moment.  I kinda like the twist where the judges sing alongside their team though.  Oh and Carson has a long way to go as far as being a enjoyable host.
Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2011, 11:07:42 PM »

Oh and how bad is that V room?  All the singers looked disengaged with what was going on around them and just staring at the computers/tablets/phones.  Me no likey at all.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2011, 11:29:00 PM »

Quote from: Zinfan on June 08, 2011, 10:28:02 PM

I'm not sure the Voice is going to keep me as a viewer.  Too much praise, not enough criticism from the judges.  At times I was getting a <shudder> Randy Jackson vibe from them.  I felt the singers voices were getting a bit lost amongst the band.  Maybe I'm just burnt out on singing comps at the moment.  I kinda like the twist where the judges sing alongside their team though.  Oh and Carson has a long way to go as far as being a enjoyable host.

I tend to FF through the majority of the show and just watch the performances.  I don't think I'll be paying attention to judges' comments until X-Factor. 

Ditto on the Carson comment lol, I was thinking the same thing and how much he makes me appreciate Ryan Seacrest more.
Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2011, 05:58:25 AM »

Quote from: rittchard on June 08, 2011, 11:29:00 PM

Quote from: Zinfan on June 08, 2011, 10:28:02 PM

I tend to FF through the majority of the show and just watch the performances.  I don't think I'll be paying attention to judges' comments until X-Factor. 

Ditto on the Carson comment lol, I was thinking the same thing and how much he makes me appreciate Ryan Seacrest more.

I usually do the same thing during AI but I thought I'd give The Voice judges a chance.  Lots of bleep/bloop from now on.  Oh and Xtina loves her some cleavage, not that there is anything wrong with that.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2011, 11:01:33 PM »

At the semi-finals now, with the 4 finalists announced tonight.

Seriously I think all 8 of the semis singers blew away anyone from this year's Idol.  Well, that might be a bit of an exaggeration but man there is some heat and fire and passion in the singing on The Voice.  The only one who I feel/felt was substantially weaker was Xenia, who also happened to be one of my early favorites.  She has an awesome gravelly tone to her voice, but she's just too nervous on stage.  Still, she's probably the one I'd most want to hear recorded.  Dia has more talent and confidence, but Xenia's tone is just so cool. 

Overall there's just so much talent I have no idea who will win.
Toe

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2011, 12:23:37 AM »

Quote from: rittchard on June 22, 2011, 11:01:33 PM

Seriously I think all 8 of the semis singers blew away anyone from this year's Idol.  Well, that might be a bit of an exaggeration but man there is some heat and fire and passion in the singing on The Voice.  The only one who I feel/felt was substantially weaker was Xenia, who also happened to be one of my early favorites.  She has an awesome gravelly tone to her voice, but she's just too nervous on stage.  Still, she's probably the one I'd most want to hear recorded.  Dia has more talent and confidence, but Xenia's tone is just so cool.  

Idol is a different type of singing competition. Most of the artists on the Voice at this stage have had some type of record deal and have been "discovered" in some manner before. Much different (imho) than AI.
That being said, Xenia is not that, by a long shot. I think thats what endears me to her. She seems like she still have no clue that she is awesome. Seldom smiles, very self-conscience. At the end of her performance this week she just turns to the side and looks solemn. She is great.
Do some youtube seaches on Casey, Dia, and Javier and you will see some great stuff (if you are into their style). I was especially impressed with some of Casey's performances. She really should have tried to squeeze in more country songs since that is where she really seems to shine and could have potentially picked up more votes to have a shot at beating out Javier. Not country song but here is a great performance from here I thought, Hey Soul Sister http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEjxl7xIXkw  Here is what appears to be a professional video of Meg (Dia's sister) and Dia called Roses  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Brk3TycwXE&feature=related
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 12:27:58 AM by Toe » Logged
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2011, 11:47:36 PM »

Quote from: Toe on June 23, 2011, 12:23:37 AM

Quote from: rittchard on June 22, 2011, 11:01:33 PM

Seriously I think all 8 of the semis singers blew away anyone from this year's Idol.  Well, that might be a bit of an exaggeration but man there is some heat and fire and passion in the singing on The Voice.  The only one who I feel/felt was substantially weaker was Xenia, who also happened to be one of my early favorites.  She has an awesome gravelly tone to her voice, but she's just too nervous on stage.  Still, she's probably the one I'd most want to hear recorded.  Dia has more talent and confidence, but Xenia's tone is just so cool.  

Idol is a different type of singing competition. Most of the artists on the Voice at this stage have had some type of record deal and have been "discovered" in some manner before. Much different (imho) than AI.
That being said, Xenia is not that, by a long shot. I think thats what endears me to her. She seems like she still have no clue that she is awesome. Seldom smiles, very self-conscience. At the end of her performance this week she just turns to the side and looks solemn. She is great.
Do some youtube seaches on Casey, Dia, and Javier and you will see some great stuff (if you are into their style). I was especially impressed with some of Casey's performances. She really should have tried to squeeze in more country songs since that is where she really seems to shine and could have potentially picked up more votes to have a shot at beating out Javier. Not country song but here is a great performance from here I thought, Hey Soul Sister http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEjxl7xIXkw  Here is what appears to be a professional video of Meg (Dia's sister) and Dia called Roses  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Brk3TycwXE&feature=related

Actually quite a few of the AI folks had previous experience or (failed) recordings, but overall they just skewed a lot younger, particularly this year.  And with their age limit, they'd lose people like Beverly and (I think) Javier outright.  Regarding Xenia, I don't think she could have beat Dia, but I do think Blake could have chosen better songs for her.  Personally I would have gone with "Wonder" (Natalie Merchant) - I think it would have been absolutely perfect for her since she sounds and even looks like a young Natalie, and the lyrics could fit her really well.  "Because the Night" would have been a good choice as well, but the lyrics may be too adult for her.

Last night's finale performances were good, particularly the duets, all of which I enjoyed thoroughly.  Giving all 4 contestants new songs was an interesting move, though.  I thought Vicki got the worst draw, and Beverly got the best one for a live show.  I ended up buying Dia's and Javier's; I liked Dia's song and performance better live, but off the recordings, Javier's sounded better.  Neither I thought were good showcase songs for a live audience, but they both sound good recorded.  Interestingly when I checked last night Dia was way behind everyone in # of ratings (Javier was first place at the time), but today when I checked the charts she holds the #1 spot in iTunes. 

Based on last night's performances, I'd pick Beverly to win.  Based on overall artistry, I'd pick Dia (who's also my personal favorite choice).  But based on instinct and early favor, I think it's going to be Javier.
Toe

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2011, 03:17:26 AM »

Quote from: rittchard on June 29, 2011, 11:47:36 PM

Actually quite a few of the AI folks had previous experience or (failed) recordings, but overall they just skewed a lot younger, particularly this year. 

I don't recall any to the level of Dia, for example. i.e. has a professionally-done music video that was ran on MTV.
Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2011, 04:46:25 AM »

Pretty impressed with this. I like the fact that it's an encouraging atmosphere, where everyone seems to be enjoying what they're doing rather than throwing harsh comments around. I think the addition of coaches adds a more personable feel to the mix.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 04:49:17 AM by Rumpy » Logged
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2011, 10:48:08 PM »

I may be in the minority, but I really didn't like this show. I thought I didn't like it early on, but then figured I was missing something, then realized yeah - I really don't like this show.

My complaints:

1. WTF kind of structure is this? First a blind audition with team choosing, then some kind of contrived battle round, then solo rounds, and the people get to choose one person to save but the judges get to pick another person to save.... maybe next season will be better now that I know what to expect but at times it felt a little like they were just making shit up as they went along. (Yeah, I know this was based on a foreign show, but copying somebody else that is just making shit up doesn't make it right).

2. Absolutely no criticism whatsoever. Nearly every singer shown was fairly good - even when they weren't the judges seemed to act like it was just a matter of personal taste that they didn't choose them and not the singer's actual lack of skill.

3. Some of the performances were HORRIBLE and the judges still lavished praise. I'm talking pitchy, stiff, wooden performances and the judges just gloated over them as if it was the most awesome thing they had ever seen. That 16-year old doing "Price Tag" was one of the most cringe-inducing cases of stage awkwardness I've ever seen, yet from the judge reaction you'd have thought she had just belted out Ave Maria while tap dancing and juggling chainsaws. This probably irked me more than anything else about the show. I felt like the judges and I were watching completely different things.

4. Those stupid battle rounds. How the hell are you supposed to accurately judge two people singing back and forth - it just pissed me off.

5. American Idol shows more coaching with its mentors than this show did, even though this show is supposedly all about teams and coaching. Maybe one line of advice per judge per episode didn't seem like coaching to me. That whole aspect of the show just felt really underdeveloped - a shame considering how much of the rest of the show was pure filler.

I could go on. I missed the final two episodes and was going to watch them today...then realized I just didn't care.

For the record, I'm not a music competition hater. I am an American Idol whore, for all its faults. And I never saw this as a "Voice vs AI" battle, so that didn't factor into my hatred. I just didn't like the show and really don't understand all the critical praise other than it's a singing competition that's NOT American Idol. And I use the word "competition" really lightly because seriously, did anybody not predict who was going to win after the first couple of shows?

Toe

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2011, 03:16:50 AM »

Quote from: YellowKing on June 30, 2011, 10:48:08 PM

And I use the word "competition" really lightly because seriously, did anybody not predict who was going to win after the first couple of shows?

They said there was a 2% difference in votes between 1st and 2nd, and based on how Dia was out-selling everyone on itunes, that appears to be accurate. While the others probably didnt come that close to the top 2, I could call that somewhat competitive ~shrug~
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2011, 04:23:48 AM »

Quote from: YellowKing on June 30, 2011, 10:48:08 PM

1. WTF kind of structure is this? First a blind audition with team choosing, then some kind of contrived battle round, then solo rounds, and the people get to choose one person to save but the judges get to pick another person to save.... maybe next season will be better now that I know what to expect but at times it felt a little like they were just making shit up as they went along. (Yeah, I know this was based on a foreign show, but copying somebody else that is just making shit up doesn't make it right).

2. Absolutely no criticism whatsoever. Nearly every singer shown was fairly good - even when they weren't the judges seemed to act like it was just a matter of personal taste that they didn't choose them and not the singer's actual lack of skill.

3. Some of the performances were HORRIBLE and the judges still lavished praise. I'm talking pitchy, stiff, wooden performances and the judges just gloated over them as if it was the most awesome thing they had ever seen. That 16-year old doing "Price Tag" was one of the most cringe-inducing cases of stage awkwardness I've ever seen, yet from the judge reaction you'd have thought she had just belted out Ave Maria while tap dancing and juggling chainsaws. This probably irked me more than anything else about the show. I felt like the judges and I were watching completely different things.

4. Those stupid battle rounds. How the hell are you supposed to accurately judge two people singing back and forth - it just pissed me off.

5. American Idol shows more coaching with its mentors than this show did, even though this show is supposedly all about teams and coaching. Maybe one line of advice per judge per episode didn't seem like coaching to me. That whole aspect of the show just felt really underdeveloped - a shame considering how much of the rest of the show was pure filler.

I could go on. I missed the final two episodes and was going to watch them today...then realized I just didn't care.

For the record, I'm not a music competition hater. I am an American Idol whore, for all its faults. And I never saw this as a "Voice vs AI" battle, so that didn't factor into my hatred. I just didn't like the show and really don't understand all the critical praise other than it's a singing competition that's NOT American Idol. And I use the word "competition" really lightly because seriously, did anybody not predict who was going to win after the first couple of shows?

I'll take this on since I am bored and have nothing better to do smile

1 - Structure was whack yeah, but the opening gimmick was gold IMHO.  Especially when multiple people went for the same person and you got to see "superstars" squirm to nab someone they wanted.  I think it's key that you liked the 4 coaches and their interplay, if not, it might be a tough sell. 

2 - The lack of criticism was annoying, but that's pretty much what last season of AI was like too.  But in all honesty aside from a few glitches I thought the overall talent was so far ahead of this year's AI, there wasn't as much room for criticism.  Of course as Toe mentioned, a lot of these guys were more pro. 

3 - Really that was the one worst performance of the whole season, and I don't think anyone wanted to pick on that poor 16yo girl who looked so stage struck

4 - I thought battle rounds were cool, it really forced them to both harmonize to sound good together but also focus on showing off themselves.  Extremely difficult IMHO.  Some of this year's AI folk couldn't harmonize together to save their lives.  It didn't always work out well, but some of the performances I thought were fantastic given that there was a competition between the 2 singers at the same time they had to give a performance as a team

5 - I thought the coaching was fine, but then again I FF'd a lot lol

As Toe mentioned, Dia was within 2% and week after week won the iTunes battle.  She hit #1 multiple times and if it weren't for her kind of aloof personality I think she would have won.
Toe

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2011, 04:16:50 PM »

I think it wAs more due to Justin beieber tweeting his followers to vote for Javier frown
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2011, 06:20:56 PM »

Is that true about the Biebs?  Lame!!!

Also thinking back on the coaching, from what I remember I have to really disagree with YK about the level of involvement.  I recall numerous scenes - in particular with Adam and Xtina - where they offered very specific suggestions on what to change and how to change it, and even singing it themselves the way they intended.  And I'm pretty sure CeeLo was heavily involved in the crazy productions for his team, like Vicki's crazy drums.  They also show the coaches with them in the studio doing the recordings, so it's a lot of involvement.  Mentors on AI were far less involved IMHO (unless you are talking about Jimmy Iovine or whatever his name is).
Toe

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2011, 09:33:47 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on July 01, 2011, 06:20:56 PM

Is that true about the Biebs?  Lame!!!

Yeah, just read an article on that. He urged his fans to vote for him via tweeter and facebook. So Dia would have won, probably be a decent margin, if it wasnt for that meddling kid ~shakes fist~. That being said, Dia did have a strong and loyal internet fanbase already, so its not like all her votes were solely based on what she did on the show. (ps, I can't get Meg and Dia's song Roses out of my head! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Brk3TycwXE )

I think the coaches did help out a lot, but I also think they did their fair share of damage to, with Xeiana being a prime example. It was really a poor decision to try to push her out of her shell. She needed to stay there, where she is most comfortable, to have any shot at success.

As for the lack of criticism, I found that to expected based on the format. I know they were getting some criticism behind the scenes (like in rehearsals). The other judges don't want to come down on one of the others peeps for fear of their judge retaliating when their own singers gets up there. So they had to play the nice game. I noticed quite a few times where, after a mediocre performance, they would talk about something not related to the singer.
Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2012, 07:42:16 AM »

Arise!!

Season 2 now under way and I actually bought two songs off of iTunes after tonight's show (None from the first season).

Loved Lindsey Pavao's rework of Say Ahh  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d49JHLx--pE

Also bought American Girl as performed by The Line, a duo that was really great, don't think a duo can last to the end but I enjoyed their audition.  (Hailey can rival Xtina in the chestical region which I can't complain about)  crappy vid capture on youtube  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXxlR1oa66w

I really like the blind audition part of The Voice but it fell down once the "battle" rounds took place for me.  Quite the opposite of AI, in fact this year I have yet to watch a single audition show for AI, I've just deleted them off the DVR.  I'll probably start AI'ing once Hollywood is over, not sure if I'll hang with The Voice but I'll give it a try.
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2012, 06:14:29 PM »

I'm not watching.  I'm still upset over a bet I made on Aguilera's weight.  I put 100 on "less than a Buick" and lost it all.  icon_frown

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2012, 12:42:10 AM »

Really enjoying the show, the chemistry between the judges is even better this season.  You can probably do a drinking game based on how many times Adam reminds you that he won last year lol.  I decided to dump American Idol this year, maybe I'll check in on the top 10/12 if you guys say I should.  Otherwise I think I like The Voice the best of the 3 singing competitions, particularly the blind audition portion.

Toe

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2012, 09:56:28 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on February 08, 2012, 12:42:10 AM

Really enjoying the show, the chemistry between the judges is even better this season.  You can probably do a drinking game based on how many times Adam reminds you that he won last year lol.  I decided to dump American Idol this year, maybe I'll check in on the top 10/12 if you guys say I should.  Otherwise I think I like The Voice the best of the 3 singing competitions, particularly the blind audition portion.

Last year, it took me a while to warm up to the judges since I really don't care for any of their styles of music. But toward the end I was enjoying their part in the show. I agree that the chemistry between them is better this season so far. I think i would have like to see 4 different judges though if I had a choice.

Do you think the judges have people to the side that give them information about the looks of the singers? Cause they sure seem to be looking in that direction a lot during that first portion of the songs.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2012, 09:51:20 PM »

author=Toe link=topic=44257.msg844152#msg844152 date=1328738188]Do you think the judges have people to the side that give them information about the looks of the singers? Cause they sure seem to be looking in that direction a lot during that first portion of the songs.

Unless I am mistaken I thought they were looking at each other to gauge each other's reactions and also to "tease" ... they also try to psych each other out into going for one, at least that's how I interpreted it.  I think because it's all edited we don't really see things as they occur, so some of these could be towards the end when someone might only have 1 or 2 spots open or something like that.  Part of it is actually strategic, some times I think they turn just to hopefully block another judge from getting the singer.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2012, 03:46:20 AM »

Quote from: rittchard on February 08, 2012, 12:42:10 AM

I've enjoyed AI this year far more than the Voice season 2. :shrug:

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: