http://gamingtrend.com
September 01, 2014, 07:14:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [tv] The Bridge  (Read 368 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: May 24, 2013, 03:15:47 AM »

if you were watching The Americans then you probably remember odd commercials for a show called The Bridge, which is FX's latest cop drama.  now if this was another network, I'd roll my eyes at the idea of another cop drama, but FX has rarely had a miss.  granted, this is adapted from some other foreign TV show, but if they didn't want us to steal it then they shouldn't have made it in the first place.  'MURICA! biggrin

what's it about?

Set on the border between El Paso and Juarez, The Bridge centers on two detectives, one from the United States and one from Mexico, who must work together to hunt down a serial killer operating on both sides of the U.S.-Mexican border.

of course this being FX I doubt things will be that simple, and even if the character descriptions sound typical for this type of show I'm willing to give them the chance to show where the story will go.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 11:26:19 AM »

just a friendly heads up that this starts tonight.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 02:56:35 AM »

finally watched the first episode.  feeling pretty meh about the series; I understand it was only the pilot but I couldn't bring myself to even start to care about any of the characters.

Because I can,
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 03:09:04 AM »

Theres clearly something off with the american cop, though they havent really developed it much.  I like the characterization of the mexican cop though.  Its way too early to really get a fix on what this show is about but from the previews they showed, it looks like its going to get interesting quickly.  Im going to keep watching for now and give it time to develop.

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2013, 01:30:21 PM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on July 18, 2013, 03:09:04 AM

There's clearly something off with the american cop, though they havent really developed it much.  I like the characterization of the mexican cop though.

She's "Tropic Thunder off" and Krueger doesn't have the acting ability to rise above the two dimensional writing that's creating Sonya.  The other beef I have with her character is that I can't imagine any police force in the U.S. that would let someone interact with the community at the level she does after even one psych exam. 

But Demian Bichir is fantastic as the Mexican Detective.  I really hope this show gets him a lot more work.  He's fantastic.  I forget I'm watching an actor when he's onscreen, he's so natural at it.

The story is interesting enough and seeing Matthew Lillard get old is fun, so I'll stick with it for now.  I'll just fast forward through Krueger's scenes when possible.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2013, 02:39:18 PM »

Watched the 2nd episode and youre right Hepcat, Krueger just doesnt have the chops to make her role come off as real.  Bichir, OTOH makes her disappear whenever they share a scene.   I keep wondering what makes Sonya so exceptional that they would overlook her stunted social skills.  She would be such a PR nightmare that theres no way they would keep her around, let alone have run point for such a high profile case.  I am generally willing to suspend belief for TV and movies but in the case of Sonya, its very difficult.

Eel Snave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2013, 02:25:10 AM »

Anyone else watching this show? I know it's only got three episodes, but I'm hooked.

If you're not watching it, here's what it's about: On the border of Mexico and the US, they find the body of an anti-immigration judge. Both the El Paso police and the Ciudad Juarez police have to get involved to find the killer and figure out his motive. It's superb.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2013, 02:43:02 AM »

Quote from: Eel Snave on July 26, 2013, 02:25:10 AM

Anyone else watching this show?

kinda.

Because I can,
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2013, 03:10:07 AM »

I like the show, it has had some awesome moments but it has also been very uneven.  On the one hand I find Krueger unconvincing in her role, on the other hand I find Bichir to be doing fantastic. On the gripping hand, WTF with the whole thing with Annbeth Gish?!

Anyway, its a good show with some excellent story lines going but they really need Krueger to step up her game.  And no its not because her character is written in such an off putting way, its that her portrayal is just not convincing.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2013, 03:25:53 AM »

watched the second episode, the blonde is kinda growing on me.  I LOLd at her bar escapades.

Quote from: hepcat on July 18, 2013, 01:30:21 PM

The story is interesting enough and seeing Matthew Lillard get old is fun

it took me a bit to recognize him.  I did not realize he if in his 40's, was kinda shocking to see him that old.

Because I can,
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2013, 11:24:24 AM »

Get the danish edition of Netflix (Like through Unblock US) and you can watch the original series with Kim Bodnia I know some of you guys like from Pusher and other stuff. Its a danish television show originally and all the episodes are on Netflix.

A new one
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: