http://gamingtrend.com
September 17, 2014, 03:56:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [TV] The Blacklist  (Read 572 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: September 26, 2013, 11:12:34 PM »

anyone catch this Monday night?  thought it was OK, not sure how it is going to stand up in the long run though.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 01:22:54 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 26, 2013, 11:12:34 PM

anyone catch this Monday night?  thought it was OK, not sure how it is going to stand up in the long run though.

thumbsup

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 01:51:19 PM »

I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it.  Spader is the primary draw, of course.  But I do like the numerous mysteries they've set up already.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 02:40:51 PM »

I liked it mainly because of Spader.  I think they are playing up the fact he is probably her father, but I think it's red herring and would be too convenient.  Most likely a friend of her real dad or something of that nature

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 03:01:45 PM »

Quote from: corruptrelic on September 27, 2013, 01:22:54 PM

thumbsup

I agree.  Spader is the main reason I tuned in and the rest was surprisingly enjoyable.

Because I can,
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2013, 05:06:56 PM »

There was a lot of stupid but overall it's pretty enjoyable.

The female lead is also incredibly good looking.
Rip
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2013, 07:31:10 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on September 27, 2013, 02:40:51 PM

I liked it mainly because of Spader.  I think they are playing up the fact he is probably her father, but I think it's red herring and would be too convenient.  Most likely a friend of her real dad or something of that nature

I think that would be a mistake. For her to be his daughter is the only thing that makes sense. Now I could swallow that isn't his daughter that he is known to have, maybe another illegitimate daughter that no one could be aware is his. Note the fact that the FBI guy was all curious why her father being a crook wasn't in her record. Best new show by far IMHO.
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2013, 11:19:03 PM »

Quote from: Rip on September 28, 2013, 07:31:10 PM

I think that would be a mistake. For her to be his daughter is the only thing that makes sense. Now I could swallow that isn't his daughter that he is known to have, maybe another illegitimate daughter that no one could be aware is his. Note the fact that the FBI guy was all curious why her father being a crook wasn't in her record. Best new show by far IMHO.

Ive liked the show so far and thing that Spader is great in the role.  The big issue I had is his connection to the hot rookie.  Regardless of how this thing is going to play out, he totally rolled the dice with her life and she was a heartbeat from being dead. Thats going to make it tough to believe he has a family connection to her.  Ill be interested to see if theres a real reason for that or if they just ignore the fact and move on.

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
Rip
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2013, 12:06:32 AM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on September 28, 2013, 11:19:03 PM

Quote from: Rip on September 28, 2013, 07:31:10 PM

Ive liked the show so far and thing that Spader is great in the role.  The big issue I had is his connection to the hot rookie.  Regardless of how this thing is going to play out, he totally rolled the dice with her life and she was a heartbeat from being dead. Thats going to make it tough to believe he has a family connection to her.  Ill be interested to see if theres a real reason for that or if they just ignore the fact and move on.

I think that fits right in with how I expect he would raise a child. He is arrogant and he expects her to measure up, the only thing that made him do this was seeing, by watching her, that she could be as smart as he.
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2013, 02:36:07 PM »

Except that she did not survive due to any skill or smarts on her part, she got lucky pure and simple.  Insanely lucky, considering she was rescued by a half blown up cop who managed to make an impossible shot through all his wounds and disorientation, making a kill shot with uncanny precision.   I just dont see how a sloppy escape like that proves anything or helps the plot in any way.   Like I said I hope they have some rationale beyond "he was testing her" because thats pretty much crap.  That whole scene and set up was by far the worst part of the episode because it was completely illogical from start to finish.  Its not going to ruin the show for me, I understand that Hollywood doesnt always operate logically and in action shows, you are going to get gratuitous actions scenes, just for the sake of having them.  Still, they are also trying to run an intellectual game and with out some kind of rationale for a set up as ridiculous as that one, it hurts the basic premise of the show, IMHO.

MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2013, 02:05:52 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 27, 2013, 03:01:45 PM

Quote from: corruptrelic on September 27, 2013, 01:22:54 PM

thumbsup

I agree.  Spader is the main reason I tuned in and the rest was surprisingly enjoyable.

Finally got a chance to watch this. Had very low expectations from the previews and was surprised how much I liked it.

So... a silly question that I'll spoiler just in case:

Spoiler for Hiden:
Did I see that the symbol on the hidden box matched the shape of her scar?  icon_confused

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2013, 02:49:54 PM »

yep.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2013, 04:08:46 PM »

well, it got a full season order.  Loving Spader, but hoping they reveal the mystery about the husband soon.  the whole passive-aggressive 'I want to know/I don't want to know' from Elizabeth when it comes to him is already getting old.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2013, 03:33:20 PM »

I'm thinking father of her husband.

Because I can,
Roman

XboxLive: RomyBolognaPony

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2013, 04:49:16 AM »

well we got some much needed traction on the whole box in the floor storyline. Can't wait to see how it all plays out.

Xbox Live Gamertag: RomyBolognaPony
Rip
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2013, 06:13:52 AM »

Quote from: Roman on October 22, 2013, 04:49:16 AM

well we got some much needed traction on the whole box in the floor storyline. Can't wait to see how it all plays out.

Yea it came to a head. I wish I could have read more of what the stuff in the file was about. This may be one where I would like to go look at some freeze frames later on.

The preview hinted at him having some lover as well. Next week should be pretty exciting as it looks as if much of that story will be told.

edit: The dream was pretty cool as well, although I pretty much knew it was a dream about two seconds in.
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2013, 12:51:01 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 18, 2013, 03:33:20 PM

I'm thinking father of her husband.

After tonites episode, I doubt that very much.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: