http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 07:34:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [TV] The Americans  (Read 758 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: August 10, 2012, 03:33:32 AM »

coming to FX from Joe Weisberg of Falling Skies and Graham Yost of Justified and starring Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys.  it's set in the 80's , and features a couple of KGB spies living in Washington DC.

set in the early ’80s and centers on two KGB spies, Phillip (Rhys) and Elizabeth (Russell), posing as married Americans in suburban DC. Despite their arranged union, the couple’s bond grows more passionate and genuine by the day, but is constantly tested by the escalation of the Cold War. Tensions also heighten upon the arrival of a new neighbor, Stan (Noah Emmerich), an FBI agent working in counter intelligence.

sounds like it could be good, hopefully better than Abrams 'Undercovers' from a few seasons back.  hopefully they also have a great 80's soundtrack to go with the show biggrin

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 02:08:48 AM »

We could use another Balki right about now.  Hope this fills that need!

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 05:52:15 PM »

just a heads up this starts Wednesday at 10pm.

Because I can,
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 09:58:20 PM »

FELICITY!!!!

rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 09:43:19 PM »

Haven't finished the whole pilot yet but I wasn't very impressed thus far.  Aside from seeing Felicity give a BJ, get butt-raped and talk dirty there hasn't been much of interest to mention.  Maybe I watched too much Brothers and Sisters as well, since I keep expecting the husband to do something gay at any moment (I guess the country boot dance was pretty gay/cute).  I'll continue watching for Felicity but my expectations are much lower now.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 09:52:12 PM »

I'm watching in spite of Felicity, to be honest.  She just bothers me...almost as much as Claire Danes does.  

The husband and the fed next door are the breakout characters for me.  I thought it was great that they established early on that the bad ass KGB agent who can kill you with his little finger just wants to be a normal American and that his sole priority now is his family...while his wife still feels loyal to the motherland.  

The fed has some dark secrets I'm guessing, based on his reluctance to talk about his days undercover in a white supremacist group.

The only things I didn't like were the aforementioned Keri Russell and the pedophile.  Seriously, you have to be the world's stupidest villain to announce in a mall store that you want to have sex with a 13 year old girl WHILE grabbing the ass of another underage kid AND discussing loudly your plans to have that child stay over at your place.  

Other than that, I was surprised to find myself actually enjoying it as it went on.  At first I was skeptical, but the husband and the fed really do kick it up a notch.

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 02:05:42 PM »

What's the setup on this. Are they ex-KGB who defected or active KGB spies in hiding?

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Covenant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013, 02:41:42 PM »

Haven't seen it yet, but I'm fairly certain it's active KGB in hiding.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2013, 02:51:28 PM »

Yup

Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2013, 04:53:03 PM »

Quote from: Covenant on February 04, 2013, 02:41:42 PM

Ug I have no interest in this then. I really don't want to watch a show where the main characters are bad guys. (This works for Sons of Anarchy because they are American Bikers). For some reason I don't like the idea of watching a show about the Russians trying to hurt the US.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2013, 06:00:58 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on February 04, 2013, 04:53:03 PM

Ug I have no interest in this then. I really don't want to watch a show where the main characters are bad guys. (This works for Sons of Anarchy because they are American Bikers). For some reason I don't like the idea of watching a show about the Russians trying to hurt the US.

but you know by season 3 or the beginning of season 4 they'll start having a change of heart and become double agents slywink

Because I can,
Covenant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2013, 06:12:01 PM »

I believe that's already part of the story as well.  Agents that have been over here for so long, they just want to be left alone to live their lives.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2013, 06:20:21 PM »

Where are you watching tv?  Your living room or 1957?

But on a serious note, you have an odd value system.  American bikers who rape, murder and steal for fun are okay, but russian spies are a no no?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 06:22:32 PM by hepcat » Logged

Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2013, 12:18:37 AM »

Quote from: hepcat on February 04, 2013, 06:20:21 PM

Where are you watching tv?  Your living room or 1957?

But on a serious note, you have an odd value system.  American bikers who rape, murder and steal for fun are okay, but russian spies are a no no?

I never said it makes sense. It must have something to do with being raised in the 70s and 80s. Seriously in my early teens I thought Iron Eagle and Red Dawn were two of the best war movies ever made.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 12:21:12 AM by Scraper » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: