http://gamingtrend.com
August 21, 2014, 08:39:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [TV] Syfy: Fact or Faked - Paranormal Files  (Read 378 times)
spigot
Gaming Trend Senior Member

All of the bacon and eggs you have.

View Profile
« on: July 29, 2010, 06:44:00 PM »

Anyone been watching this? It's been okay so far. A team of investigators analyze and try to debunk viral and unexplained videos that have either been around for a while or are currently getting a lot of attention on the interwebs.

The last episode with the creepy looking things crossing that guy's front yard was interesting. If anything, it's a perfect substitute for Destination Truth not being on. And it's also got Jael on it  slywink

XBL GamerTag: RoboSim
Flatlander
Gaming Trend Reader

Mayhem like me

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 11:20:46 PM »

I've been wanting to check it out, but my 20 second exposure to "Mary Knows Best"  repelled me from Syfy's Thursday schedule.       Do they actually debunk the videos on this show, or is it like Ghost Hunters, where they're "skeptics" who  convince themselves that anything without a ready explanation is evidence of the paranormal?
Kurt Stevens
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 10:59:01 PM »

Quote from: Flatlander on July 29, 2010, 11:20:46 PM

I've been wanting to check it out, but my 20 second exposure to "Mary Knows Best"  repelled me from Syfy's Thursday schedule.       Do they actually debunk the videos on this show, or is it like Ghost Hunters, where they're "skeptics" who  convince themselves that anything without a ready explanation is evidence of the paranormal?

From what I've seen anything they can't figure they convince themselves that it is paranormal.  However,  I think they officially call it "unexplained".  Last nights episode was silly.  They investigated a lake monster that was photographed in a man made lake.  They agreed that they thought there was probably something there because it was too difficult to fake a picture of a monster.  retard  The photo in question was taken from quite a distance away.  That being said, I still watch these type of shows for some reason.  icon_biggrin
YellowKing
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2010, 05:28:07 PM »

My biggest problem with the show is that they never seem to go far enough (to my satisfaction) to prove it's a hoax. It's basically like, "Oh well, the prop we slapped together in 10 minutes doesn't look exactly like the video, so this must be paranormal."

That said, they have debunked quite a few (including a really convincing daytime UFO), so that's what keeps me watching.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: