http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 08:58:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [TV] Survivor 2014: Brawn, Beauty and No Brains!  (Read 1387 times)
rittchard
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: February 27, 2014, 08:59:57 PM »

So the new season is upon us, this time with 3 tribes of 6 featuring "brains" "brawn" and "beauty."  Exactly how they chose their partitioning of contestants is fairly questionable, but the season is off to a fun start.

This season is a little more old school, i.e. no previous cast members and no redemption island.  The only contestant you might have ever heard of before is former NBA player Cliff Robinson, who I'm familiar with having seen him play against the Lakers a lot.   

The first episode was pretty amusing all in all.  The "brains" tribe is a complete train wreck.  I think the only criteria they had was that IQ scores were >130 or something like that.  Seeing these tools in action made me refer to IQtest.com where I just took the test in about 10 minutes to get an idea of what was tested.  FWIW, I got a 131 score without really trying (had to guess on a few to not waste time).  It's mostly a bunch of letter, logic and arithmetic puzzle type of stuff, not a single thing that I would consider useful for Survivor.  So I guess it's no surprise how horrible the Brain tribe is.  Kind of annoying for me because I kind of have the hots for that pasty nerd Spencer and he is definitely on the bottom now (pun intended).

For you straight guys, a couple of the beauties I personally think are pretty spectacular this season.  I mean genuinely very attractive/pretty/cute.  And one of them has huge boobies/cleavage if you are into that.  The guys on the beauty tribe are kinda meh for me but whatever. 

I haven't figured out who the real contenders are yet, but there are plenty of players that can be pretty much ruled out immediately.  Really hoping Tasha and Spencer can last long enough to make it to the merge but it doesn't look good at the moment. 
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 09:58:48 PM »

I enjoyed it. I should be sick of Survivor after all these years, but I still watch it, and like it.

The pre-game interview snippets were funny, the brain guys were all so cocky about how smart they were. I really hope the producers told them to hype it up, otherwise they are some cocky bastards. None of them really came across as likable people either.

The poker guy has to have played one of the worst games in survivor history. His tribe was pretty bad, but it's like he has never seen the show before. He didn't come across as very bright either.

The girls on the beauty team are pretty cute, I have to say. The gay guy though? I am not gay, but he doesn't seem to fit in with the tribe's namesake.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 04:03:35 PM »

Glad to see that there's still a dedicated fan for this show. smile
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 04:45:38 PM »

Quote from: ATB on February 28, 2014, 04:03:35 PM

While last season didn't do the greatest, it does quite well in the ratings.
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 09:07:59 PM »

Yeah that was a good start to the season.

I agree that it seemed like a few of these people never watched the show before. It seemed like the cop guy may have been the only one to remember that clues are usually hidden in the rewards package. That's like Survivor 101. Another Survivor 101 is not to vote out your strongest tribe members from the get go. Typically the first few challenges are physical ones and you need those people. So dumb move there with the Brians tribe for both vote outs - although the second vote blindside was pretty awesome for TV.

The whole J'Tia thing with building the shelter was pretty funny. Another Survivor 101 thing not to do is order people around - how can people still make this mistake? Then trying to make a complex shelter rather than a simple one that would suffice was dumb. Although I really did want to see them finish that shelter. It would have been cool to see the bamboo hot tub and four car garage.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2014, 09:54:04 PM »

Quote from: ATB on February 28, 2014, 04:03:35 PM

Yeah kind of surprising after so many years and so many seasons.  I think the show still averages around 10 million viewers per week, much declined but still pretty good all things considered.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2014, 06:01:24 PM »

Quote from: Lee on February 27, 2014, 09:58:48 PM

The girls on the beauty team are pretty cute, I have to say. The gay guy though? I am not gay, but he doesn't seem to fit in with the tribe's namesake.

Apparently the tribe agreed with you lol, I know I do!  I mean come on, they couldn't have come up with someone better looking than that?  At least he had a funny/queeny exit speech.

I'm still finding it hard to imagine just about any of these people on any of the tribes actually winning the whole thing.  I can certainly imagine some tag-alongs, but very few with the personality and strategic mindset to make it all the way.  The brawn tribe seems fairly strong at the moment but when the most strategic player is a lying cop who builds a "spyshack" next to the camp, it's hard to imagine him winning the final vote.  If it were already merged I could see maybe LJ or Spencer winning; if I had to pick someone right now I'd probably guess LJ. 
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2014, 07:39:57 PM »

Wheeee I never tire of seeing an old-fashioned blindside!!!!

Sometimes I wonder just how random the random draws are when they re-mix the teams.  I think I preferred it when they do team captains and then pick teams.  I think you get a more even mix that way, plus it can reveal a lot about what the contestants think about each other. 

I was glad to see my boy Spencer finally on the upswing; at this rate he might actually make it to the merge and have a shot at winning.  But LJ is looking really strong at this point, with a 4-way alliance and still holding onto his idol.  I suspect they cut some footage out because it seemed crazy to me that he didn't play it.  Playing it would have been almost a guarantee to knock Cliff out.  Of course the way it worked out was way better for him so kudos for taking the risk. 
Jimmy the Fish

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2014, 08:07:24 PM »

Clearly they edited out a lot of stuff that went into explaining why LJ did not play the idol, because the way the events unfolded, it would have been completely logical for him to play it. Too bad though. I liked Cliff and thought he was a pretty smart player. He probably fell trap to one of the oldest adages in Survivor. The moment you start getting really confident about your situation, that's when you usually get blindsided.

I have to agree with the general consensus about the older lady from Boston. Oh lord she is annoying as hell and has a laugh like nails on a chalkboard.

I'll remain completely engaged with this season as long as Morgan is still in the game. Her bouncing boobies are a sight to behold.  drool
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2014, 02:10:32 AM »

Usually these tribe mix ups are a bust and either nothing much interesting happens or its predictable what will happen. So this was a nice surprise that both new tribes were really mixed up even though only a few things changed on them. Survivor continues to surprise.

I do think LJ should have played the idol. It was just stupid of him to chance it. When you know your name is going to be written down and one vote may determine if you stay or go - play the damn thing.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2014, 05:55:27 PM »

Quote from: Crawley on March 21, 2014, 02:10:32 AM

Usually these tribe mix ups are a bust and either nothing much interesting happens or its predictable what will happen. So this was a nice surprise that both new tribes were really mixed up even though only a few things changed on them. Survivor continues to surprise.

I do think LJ should have played the idol. It was just stupid of him to chance it. When you know your name is going to be written down and one vote may determine if you stay or go - play the damn thing.

It just seemed like way too big a risk to take considering he didn't know/trust the people 100%.  Granted he probably knew he had that creepy cougar wrapped around his finger, but the shady cop guy is a completely different story.  Aside from missing sequences, all I can think is he felt it was worth the risk/gamble to hold it, because had he played it he would have made himself an even huger target the next round (and with no protection).

...and yeah, even though I'm gay I still think Morgan's bouncing boobs deserve their own show.
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2014, 08:53:57 PM »

Dangit, I like Alexis. Those eyes. I don't remember feeling that bad for someone being voted out as that one. She was shocked and barely holding it together as Jeff put out her torch. I felt really sorry for her.

And now my favorite eye candy is gone.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2014, 09:10:13 PM »

Quote from: Lee on March 27, 2014, 08:53:57 PM

Dangit, I like Alexis. Those eyes. I don't remember feeling that bad for someone being voted out as that one. She was shocked and barely holding it together as Jeff put out her torch. I felt really sorry for her.

She was really extremely pretty for sure, but take heart at least BOOBS is still around.  I don't think I've ever felt so bad for someone getting voted out in terms of the crying.  She just seemed so genuinely sad/disappointed. 

As usual it seemed like there was missing info.  I would have understood more if they kept Doofus for physical challenges but it seemed like they just wanted to get rid of Alexis because she seemed more untrustworthy.  I don't recall why that was but Spencer kept mentioning that, even though he also said he didn't believe Doofus (who actually was telling the truth for once).  Going into the merge it doesn't look great for them since they seem kind of all over the place (aside from the Brain 3).  Hopefully there will be plenty of excitement since both LJ and cop guy have idols, and I'd imagine both should be big targets at this point. 
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2014, 09:25:29 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on March 27, 2014, 09:10:13 PM

She was really extremely pretty for sure, but take heart at least BOOBS is still around.  I don't think I've ever felt so bad for someone getting voted out in terms of the crying.  She just seemed so genuinely sad/disappointed. 

As usual it seemed like there was missing info.  I would have understood more if they kept Doofus for physical challenges but it seemed like they just wanted to get rid of Alexis because she seemed more untrustworthy.  I don't recall why that was but Spencer kept mentioning that, even though he also said he didn't believe Doofus (who actually was telling the truth for once).  Going into the merge it doesn't look great for them since they seem kind of all over the place (aside from the Brain 3).  Hopefully there will be plenty of excitement since both LJ and cop guy have idols, and I'd imagine both should be big targets at this point. 

BOOBS does nothing for me, and I find her a bit annoying. She does have a nice rack, but that's not really my thing.

Anyway! They really are editing up the tension this season. After the fact, it seemed they all had decided on Alexis, but they edited the show in a way that the viewer was blindsided as well. It makes for good TV, but it doesn't seem like a good representation of how things went down, which I would like to see.

After a season, if CBS allowed it, I was love to read a book on the how things happened behind the scenes. All the stuff we don't see.
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2014, 10:00:35 PM »

Maybe I have a cold heart but I didn't feel bad for her. My initial reaction was that she probably never got voted out or picked last in anything. But she obviously wanted to play the game which is more than Lindsey wanted when things didn't go her way, so I have to give her credit for that. As far as choices the Brains could have interchangeably picked Alexis or the country guy. Alex may have been picked because she was less physical and at least at some social skill. The other guy seems a bit clueless and could probably be manipulated.

No idea whats going to happen on the merge. Hopefully the Brains can still align with their tribe mates after the merge. They definitely have the clearer heads but their alliances are pretty rocky outside of the 3 - and everyone knows in that alliance they would be on the bottom of the 3.
Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2014, 01:12:54 AM »

That was one of the best tribal counsels ever  thumbsup

I am....Migaloo
Rest in Peace, Nan & Star
XBL Schins67
Andrew Wonser

A porcupine quilt made of porcupine quills.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2014, 01:36:29 AM »

Hitfix has an interview with Alexis if that interests you.

http://www.hitfix.com/the-fien-print/interview-alexis-maxwell-talks-survivor-cagayan
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2014, 05:10:58 PM »

Quote from: Zekester on April 03, 2014, 01:12:54 AM

That was one of the best tribal counsels ever  thumbsup

Yeah I was actually yelling and cheering and going crazy.  Definitely one of the best ever, and that's saying a lot given how many I've seen.

Spoiler for Hiden:
2 idols played for other players, overconfident smirks and then looks of dismay, and a crazy backstab/flip putting an overconfident (and apparently stupid) bitch in her place! Too much fun! 

That said, I have to agree with my whiny boy Spencer that Kass just sealed her own fate in terms of being able to win the game.  She just pissed off her core allies for a bunch of people she barely knows.  Assuming she's fully jumped ship, what is her position in the other alliance?  No one can trust her now and her ability to secure final votes is pretty much crapped out.  And all because she couldn't get along with another "alpha" female?  Really Kass?  The funny thing is she was right about most of her assumptions, but she still let her emotions get the best of her.  Had she stuck with her alliance and taken out Jefra (while flushing out TWO idols), she had a very strong shot at making Final 3, and as a lawyer might have been able to make a good play at the final.  Now she just seems like a bitter wench.
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2014, 06:17:17 PM »

Right. Kass basically did what Cochran did his first Survivor. She's really going to have to work to make it to the final. Not even sure she can. And if she does she's lost a ton of votes with that one move.

It was exciting but once they started saying "vote for the other person" she should have stuck to that vote. That would have been the smart move. Plus she could have used that hidden idol madness to put Sarah in her place after Sarah kept saying "I guarantee Tony and LJ don't have idols."

But who knows. This season has been pretty crazy with what's gone on it could still work out for her in the long run.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2014, 11:02:19 PM »

The majority of the remaining 10 I just can't see garnering enough final votes.  But that's the beauty of Survivor, you have to vote for someone.  I seem to recall a few seasons where it was basically just pick the best of a horrible 3.   I don't think that will happen this time as there is a good mix of smart players and tools.

Boobs and Jefra can certainly make the final, but only as tag alongs that will never win. Same with Trish, who seems too annoying and loud mouthy.  Tony has actually turned around some from the beginning, and his loudmouthness is mostly saved for the camera.  I still don't see him as a winning vote-getter unless he brings along 2 much weaker players.  Kass I'd say just screwed herself from getting final votes, so she'd need some sort of weird Richard Hatch situation where she got votes due to no better choice.  I don't see that happening but it would be pretty impressive if she somehow got into a final 3 with Boobs and Jefra.

So that leaves...  Doofus, Woo, Spencer, Tasha and LJ.  Woo seems strong in challenges and is fairly likable (how come he got to wear those water socks btw?!!) but seems more of a follower type.  Same with Doofus.  Any of the remaining 3 I could see winning votes for one reason or another (smarts and likability). 

As it stands, particularly with the flip, I'm still thinking LJ is my top contender.  Of course that probably makes him the number one target as well, and he just used up his immunity idol...
Jimmy the Fish

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2014, 10:26:46 PM »

crybaby Nooooooo! Boobs McBooberson is out, although can't say that I am surprised considering she was a self entitled, lazy ass sloth around camp, but it's sad knowing her epic bouncing chest will no longer be hypnotizing us.

As for Kass, aka crazy old lawyer lady, good god she is a trainwreck waiting to happen. For a minute I almost thought she would switch back to her original group but her hatred of Boobs seemed to reign her crazy in this week.

Spencer seems to be picking up momentum and emerging as a smart player. For the most part, the contestants are all pretty harmless or clueless but the show will continue to be entertaining as long as Kass and Tony are still in it. There are too many people sitting back just waiting for things to happen. Someone or something needs to stir things up and generate some chaos.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2014, 10:48:20 PM »

Yeah, Kass in spite of sounding level headed when she speaks, most of what she is saying is crazy and emotion-based.  Basically her last two votes were to oust women that intimidated her for whatever reason. 

I was sad to see Boobs go too, I loved her bitchy commentary and that cute smile lol.  Especially at the tribal, she was hilarious.

So happy my boy Spencer has at least one more week with the hidden idol.  Woo and is "ninja" (good job at perpetuating Asian stereotypes dude) BS was pretty damn annoying, and wtf was he doing grabbing Spencer's pants?  And why did Spencer leave his pants?  That whole sequence seemed rigged for our viewing pleasure.

Looks like Tony is going wacko next week, but that could just be a way to throw us off for a boring elimination of Tasha or Doofus (I still can't remember his name).
Jimmy the Fish

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2014, 11:04:04 PM »

Yeah the whole pants episode was pretty suspicious.

I was laughing when Spencer was walking up the creek bed and Woo just suddenly came out all "oh hey what's up. I'm taking a walk". Thank goodness it's a reality show because his acting job there was stupendously bad.

I think Doofus is LJ. Athletic and physically fit but dumb as a log.
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2014, 11:43:15 PM »

I like Kass. Maybe I am buying into her talk, but I didn't think she had a lot of options with either tribe so why not play the middleman? Her alliance wasn't the best so she made some big moves. She won't win, but I don't she was in the a position to win anyway. Might as well stir it up a bit. That's what I would do if I was on Survivor. (No I wouldn't.)
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2014, 04:44:30 PM »

Quote from: Lee on April 10, 2014, 11:43:15 PM

I like Kass. Maybe I am buying into her talk, but I didn't think she had a lot of options with either tribe so why not play the middleman? Her alliance wasn't the best so she made some big moves.

I didn't see anything indicating that the Brains alliance had any issues - except for the ones Kass created herself.  Sure, Tasha sided with Sarah, but that was much more of a "let's placate the new kid" thing, not a "you're on the bottom now" one.  At least that's what it appeared like to me.  For someone who speaks so reasonably and comes across so logical in interviews, Kass's motives and "gameplay" seem ridiculously emotional.  I think Boobs called it - she is jealous or insecure or something like that, and wants to be the center of attention.
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2014, 06:03:09 PM »

Yeah, same. I thought Kass was in a much better position in her old alliance. She was basically part of the top three: Kass, Spencer, Tasha. If she stuck with them she would have had a great shot at being in the final 3 with them. I was thinking she was #2 in that alliance but maybe with her wonkiness she was #3. Regardless each of them would have made a good case for being voted for in the end since they came from a tribe that got decimated to having all the power.

She still make it to the final 3 but would be brought along as someone who will get no votes. The first two jury members certainly will not give her a vote. Tasha and Spencer won't give her a vote since she screwed up an almost sure thing. I don't see her being friends with anyone else. Basically her only votes might come from Tony and Trish and the only reason I think she might get votes from them is they're crazy.
dfs
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2014, 07:24:00 PM »

I think Trish quietly bringing Kass on board was game changing. As much as I may dislike her fashion, I think a case can be made that she'll (Trish) win.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2014, 09:41:34 PM »

Jeremiah is the one I've been calling Doofus, but apparently Jimmy was right - so much for my theory that LJ might win.

I'm not sure what's up with Tony, I don't see how he thinks he can reconcile all the lies he's been telling.  His jury vote status is getting worse by the minute.
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2014, 01:39:26 AM »

Quote from: rittchard on April 17, 2014, 09:41:34 PM

I'm not sure what's up with Tony, I don't see how he thinks he can reconcile all the lies he's been telling.  His jury vote status is getting worse by the minute.

Right. The only way he could possibly have a chance of winning is if it's just him and Kass going to the end.

This has turned out to be such a crazy season. Its amazing how this show can still deliver.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2014, 08:31:18 PM »

I guess I seriously underestimated Tony.  Looks like he is in the driver's seat to win the whole thing now as long as he doesn't do anything too crazy.  The super idol almost guarantees him Final 4, so I guess it's a matter of whether he can get rid of Tasha and Spencer and carve a path to the final.  Biggest obstacle now is the two of them winning immunities, but it seems like someone else is overdue to beat them. 
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2014, 09:22:13 PM »

As usual, Survivor baffles me. How does anyone still trust Tony? Trish is an idiot, I guess she trusts him because he's from Boston as well?

If I was Tony I would tell them about the idol. He'll never have to play it because they know he will save himself.
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2014, 03:18:15 AM »

That's a good point. I'm not big on people spilling they have an idol but in this case why not?

Even though I don't like Tony all that much he really has been playing this game from the get go and I would be more than fine with him winning. If they do an all-star thing again somewhere down the road (please not yet) I think he would be great to include.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2014, 12:14:17 AM »

This week's episode was both entertaining yet frustrating.  The editors went to extreme lengths to make you think something exciting was going to happen with Tony and his gazillion idols, but alas nothing came of it.  My boy Spencer is still in the game, though, surprisingly.  Will be interesting to see if he can make an immunity run and make it to the finals.  Doubtful but you never know.  So let's look at what's left.  I have a feeling they might do a 2-man finale this year.  Finale is airing 5/21 (Wed), which means 1 more full episode and a final 4 going into the finale.  I guess they could go either way, I seem to recall they've done double eliminations in the finale before.  Anyway, here's my analysis:

Spencer has to easily be the biggest threat to win it all now as he's friendly with everyone on the jury.  But he needs to win every immunity to get there, pretty much no other way except for maybe playing Tony against Kass next week.  Pretty simple: if he takes the immunities, he wins.  If he doesn't, he's done.  Odds are he will fail and I will be sad frown

Tony, in spite of the lying and weirdness, is probably in the best overall position to win.  He has guaranteed final 4 with his idol collection, and no matter how many people he backstabs, he can still get rewarded for actually playing the game strongly.  He's also got a dedicated sheep follower (Trish) and a strong third (Woo) allied with him.  However he still may have to win one immunity on his own, particularly if it goes down to 2.  If Woo wins and takes him to the final instead of Trish or Kass, it would be sheer stupidity (but still possible given this season's craziness).

Woo is next in line.  He can win immunities and hasn't really pissed people off.  But he hasn't really shown himself to be much of a player either.  If he can find a way to get rid of Tony and bring either one or both girls with him, he has a really strong chance.

Kass is crazy.  The scariest thing about her is she sounds and acts so reasonable, but clearly she's the one with the emotional issues.  Definitely makes for interesting TV but it's pretty irritating.  I just don't see her winning many final votes.  Maybe if it's a duo against Trish but that's about it.

Trish is a sheep, can't see her winning any votes except out of spite for Tony or Kass.  At least Kass can claim some gamesmanship and moves that she made on her own, and her superior talking ability would likely beat Trish in a 2-man finale.

Should be interesting...

Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2014, 03:16:12 AM »

Yup, will be interesting.

The problem is with the jury. I get the sense most of them on there are going to be pretty vindictive. If it was just votes by gameplay alone Tony should win. He and Spencer are the ones that are playing the hardest (at least from what we can see). And he's found like 3 hidden idols - one without a clue.

I still think it will be a 3-person final. They have been so reluctant to go back to that since they put it in place. So here's my thoughts on who wins:

Spencer -> wins automatically if he makes it in to the final 3
Tony -> wins with Kass/Trish
Woo -> wins with Kass/Trish and a slight possibility with Tony
Kass -> no win
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2014, 04:14:07 AM »

Why didn't Tony give away his normal idol?

I liked Kass, but she really does not have a clue what she is doing as far as the game goes. And you would think a lawyer would be a more professional.

Edit: just read Tony voted for Trish?? Why would he do that?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 10:46:10 AM by Lee » Logged
Toe

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2014, 12:21:36 PM »

Quote from: Lee on May 15, 2014, 04:14:07 AM

Why didn't Tony give away his normal idol?

I liked Kass, but she really does not have a clue what she is doing as far as the game goes. And you would think a lawyer would be a more professional.

Edit: just read Tony voted for Trish?? Why would he do that?

He didn't give it away because he wanted to better sell his plan that the special power of his remaining idol is that he can play it next round. Not sure why he felt he could not pull that off while giving the normal one to trish last night but, well he is not that good a strategist imho. Not sure why he voted for Trish though. I assume he knew how the cookie was gonna crumble (maybe Woo told him?) and just decided to play along in an attempt to get more jury votes somehow. Again showing how stupid he is as a vote for Kass would have assured him Trish's jury vote more than likely.

I think Kass is doing a pretty good job, especially considering where she was at midway through the season. Her strat of telling Woo Tony's plan to take her to top 3 worked out very well for her. It put tony on the defensive and drove a much-needed wedge between tony and woo. Had she not done that, she very well could have been sent home last night.

Lee

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2014, 02:55:44 PM »

Tony's strategy of pretending that that he can use the idol still makes me wonder how that works. Do they not tell them? Can they not ask for a rule clarification at anytime? Is it not written anywhere so that they have to go off of past seasons?

I would love to read a behind the scenes book on Survivor, every season I want to know all the details of how it worked and came together without the editing.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 07:05:25 PM by Lee » Logged
jament
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2014, 05:03:17 PM »

I think Tony voted for Kass because he knew Woo had flipped and in his demented-dramatic-as-a-school-girl-ego-fueled mind, he couldn't be on the losing side of a vote.  So, he votes for MalnuTrisha and he can still say it was his "strategy" and he didn't lose that vote.

Or, it could be that he's just a moron.  I've never seen anyone run a tribe like he does, without any appreciable skills or value.  It's nutty.  He tells them who they can talk to and when they can do it, and throws a tantrum like a little girl when they disobey him.

Fun to watch, though.
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2014, 06:13:01 PM »

Quote from: jament on May 15, 2014, 05:03:17 PM

I've never seen anyone run a tribe like he does, without any appreciable skills or value.  It's nutty.  He tells them who they can talk to and when they can do it, and throws a tantrum like a little girl when they disobey him.

Boston Rob had a pretty tight control of the tribe the last time he was on. He basically set up the rules of his alliance only talking to those within his alliance. And he had incredible influence over his alliance. So he and Tony play a similar game of control but Tony doesn't do it nearly as well. But I think its effective enough for him to win it. For all his crazy antics he's basically controlled who went home with the vote since Kass flipped. And regardless how all over the place he can be that's an impressive feat in this game. Add to that all the hidden immunity idols he found, the ways he used and faked idols at tribal, he's pretty much playing the game as hard as you can.

As far as voting for Trish there may be two things going on here. One, she is probably about as likable as Woo is in the final. So between voting Woo or Trish out at this point wouldn't matter (you need to keep Kass). Two, Tony's win depends on Spencer getting voted out. Trish has no chance at beating Spencer in an immunity challenge. Woo does. Tony could easily convince Woo (and Kass) to vote Spencer out for being the larger threat - which is the truth.

So while the vote was a total surprise when it occurred it may not have been so crazy as it seemed.
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2014, 04:17:00 AM »

I am not looking forward to the final as much after reading the below quote. Not sure why they think social media interaction makes good TV, but apparently they do. I never liked the live part much, outside of seeing how everyone looks cleaned up.

On the plus side I was glad to see there was no Sprint Selling a Phone family challenges this season (or did I fast forward through it and forget it already?). Hopefully they will skip the remembering the past players/torches part as well.

Jeff Probst on the this years final episode

I love that we値l have our finale on a Wednesday! It just feels new and fresh and fun! We池e changing things up in other ways too. To start with, I値l be live from the beginning of the two-hour finale. I値l also be live at the end of every act. I値l be interacting via social media @jeffprobst with fans at home and in the audience. We池e endeavoring to make this more of a shared event rather than a passive viewing experience. I知 excited. I think it痴 going to add a nice bit of energy to the show. As for the finale itself, still more surprises to come regarding how it finishes and two of the most exciting challenges of any finale. Then we have the reunion. where we値l focus on some of the more interesting relationships of this season there is definitely a lot of unfinished business that we値l deal with.  I anticipate a really fun night to finish off a really fun season!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 03:34:46 PM by Lee » Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: