http://gamingtrend.com
August 28, 2014, 03:27:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [TV] Stargate, Stargate, Battlestar 7/22...SPOILERS  (Read 1599 times)
Daehawk
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: July 23, 2005, 03:28:56 AM »

Stargate SG-1:

Another fine show. I almost dislike it being a 3 parter cause i want to find out wth is going on lol. Maybe those godlike guys are some people from that planet who discovered how to work some old technology.I'm really liking Ben and Claudia together again on here after all. Also did you  noticed the new doc is Lexa Doig? Andromeda herself from of course Andromeda..duhhhh. She's also Micheal Shank's(Daniel) real life wife. Hawt woman her.

Stargate Atlantis:

Kinda a dull episode. Felt like 2001 A Space Odyssey in a way.

"Daedalus stop trying to kill us"
"Im sorry John but i cant do that"

It was ok..just standard I suppose.

Battlestar Galactica:

Gotta say I liked that music. Starbuck's music was nice. That guy on Kobol dying was sad. well played. Just tossing out random thoughts....those toasters were pretty quick. That girl the President's aide likes has beautiful green eyes dont she? smile I thought how they were concentrating on "shoot the head then reload" was pretty cool only to have them jump up and start shooting like crazy without aiming hahahaha. And those 2 marines who stood up to shoot..you saw that death coming did'nt you? Ya got stuff to hide behind so lets stand up and shoot. Heck those toasters had thier back turned. Shoulda aimed first hah.Also I kept expecting the toaster police to bust in on Starbuck and Helo in her apartment. I kept wondering if they were crazy or what.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2005, 05:53:27 AM »

Wait a sec. Claudia Black and Ben Browder are now on SG-1? Full-time or only in cameos? And what was their setup? smile

Also, is SG-1 worth actually checking out the show from first season on? I watched the movie again the other night and wondered about the show.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2005, 06:07:00 AM »

Its VERY watchable. A great show. It kinda loses some of it's stuff after season 7 because O'Neil takes the head guy role and does'nt go on missions anymore. And this season he is not there at all. Supposed to show up for a few shows.

Ben Browder is there permenantly as the new leader of SG-1..the away team part. Beau Bridges has taken over the role of the New head honcho of the whole base. Claudia Black is in the first 3 episodes and has been in a previous one. Im not sure they are keeping her or not at this point or just using her in a few episodes until Carter comes back..Amanada is on maternity leave.

I hope they keep her she is great. Man Farscape was my favorite show as you can tell smile. Ben fits right in as O'Neil's replacement. Not only does he remind me of O'Neil but also a lot like his old Crichton character as well.

Oh almost forgot. Claudia plays an alien..human but not from earth...who is a really greedy partly crazy thief liek character. She pulls it off well smile

Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2005, 06:09:17 AM »

I thought I should ad if you do start watching the show from the start dont go in expecting a exact crossover from the show. Richard Dean Anderson plays O'Neil a LOT differently. It may strike you as odd or stupid at the start but it grows on you and you cant imagine him any other way after a while. He's like a witty dumb guy in a way smile Nothing technical for him smile

whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2005, 06:09:51 AM »

Interesting. I might have to catch an episode with them on SciFi. I really enjoyed FarScape initially, then SciFi started jacking with the schedule and I stopped watching until it all hit disc. In about a three week span, I burned through all four seasons then watched the mini-series. The show ranged from solid to great right through the finale, but the mini-series was just crap. Oh well. They're reunited again at least. smile

Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2005, 06:14:17 AM »

Louis Gossett Jr is going to be in the next episode..or the next. Not sure.

Mitch Paleggi..Skinner from The X-Files...has joined the cast of Stargate Atlantis.

I loved Lou in Enemy Mine. Among his tons of other great stuff I mean.

Oh yeah....theres a little Asgard alien thats on Atlantis now as the ship's weapons officer. Man I think he's my favorite character on ship now. He has some attitude and humor. Strange coming from an Asgard.

whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2005, 06:16:55 AM »

I'm surprised they picked up Beau Bridges for that show. I thought he was above series TV. Wait, he was in 10.5... Nevermind.

I wouldn't expect Col. O'Neil to be played the same on a TV show. Those actors always want to differentiate themselves from the big screen version, so no worries there on contradictions. What's the setup? They just go through the Stargate on various missions?

Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2005, 06:25:48 AM »

http://www.scifi.com/stargate/

Yeah. Discovering new allies and new enemies. Freeing people..getting others annihilated oops. Lots of stuff smile

Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2005, 08:10:11 PM »

Definately try to catch the series from the beginning though. There is a lot of in-jokes and self-referencing that wouldn't be as evident or amusing otherwise. Great show.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2005, 08:26:23 PM »

Season 1 can turn people off...especially if you've seen later eps.
Season 2-5 are my favorite seasons.  Six and Seven are good, but it starts moving away from "Good Ol' Tauri (Earthers) saving the universe their way" and more to "how do we use this high tech stuff to further us" .  It's not a bad shift, but, meh.  I've not seen 8 and 9 yet, as I don't have cable and waiting for the dvd sets.   It's a good show the who0le way through.  I'm a die hard SG1 fan.

All I have to say is trying watching through S2 before passing final judgement on it.  S1 is somewhat moderate budget, S2-S5 were the Showtime episodes and they had a good budget. S6-S9 are the Sci-fi channel eps  and the special effects budget went even higher.  *shrug*

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2005, 08:34:05 AM »

I liked this week's BG episode alot more than last week's.

I enjoyed how they made the ship kinda creepy during the 'bughunt' segments, like a cross between System Shock 2 and Doom 3.

Something about Starbuck going back to her home was satisfying to me.  It could be that her character has really grown on me as the show has progressed.  The music in that section reminded me of the Moonbabies song "Over My Head".

One thing that I found unintentionally amusing(at least I think it was unintentional) was that section when it seemed like Tigh, Apollo, and everyone else on Galactica used the phrase 'aft damage control' at least 3 times in every sentence.  I felt like I was watching a contest to see who could say it the most before the commercial break. Tongue
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2005, 11:48:28 AM »

Quote from: "gameoverman"

...One thing that I found unintentionally amusing(at least I think it was unintentional) was that section when it seemed like Tigh, Apollo, and everyone else on Galactica used the phrase 'aft damage control' at least 3 times in every sentence...

I liked that myself.  It's getting to the point that everything the writers/producers do in the show that is a bit "quirky" - I find I really like.  The scene in Starbucks apartment was sort of bizarre.  On a different note, I am finding I like the 'joking, not serious, screw-everything' side of Starbuck much more than the 'I'm a serious badass' side of her.  Maybe it's me, but Helo has been on that planet for awhile, and she waltzes right in and takes charge?  I don't know about that.  Of course, Helo is one of my two favorite characters, which could be causing my bias.  I wonder if she is technically Helo's superior?  I realize that Apollo is like a Captain right?  Starbuck is a Lieutenant I think?  Wonder what Helo is.  Just curious.  He may be a lower rank, as he flies with Boomer, whom I think is a relatively low level officer.

LD

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2005, 09:43:42 PM »

Whatever else he is, he is a dumbass, so I think that's why she took over.

Not because he fell for a Cylon, because he couldn't know that.  But for sticking up for her after he knew what was going on.  Then he still has the  gall to tell Starbuck that he survived all that time on the planet...oops, forgot he was a pawn didn't he? Hehe.

So I figure he's to the point where he isn't trusting his own judgement anymore, might as well let her lead.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2005, 11:51:40 AM »

Yeah... good points.  However, let's face it... on some level, he is completely in love with Boomer, a fact he probably can't even stand to face, admit, or realize.  Human, cylon, lizard, doorknob, I don't care what the hell she is; on some level, he is completely hooked.  (And the cylons were banking on that).

Speaking of Boomer (obviously my favorite character) - Do you think there IS a real one?  Does there even have to be?  That is one thing I'm not sure I really get.  Are these models clones of a real person of some sort, or are they complete and total fabrications made up and implanted into colonial society from the cylons?

(and completely off topic... is KMET still around?  I grew up in Ventura, and that was THE station to listen to when I was a youngin.)

LD

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2005, 06:09:48 PM »

What Im wondering is if there is some Borg like hive mind out there running the show for the Cylons. Maybe this single all knowing cyber mind is what they refer to as God. Kill it and the Cylons are gone.

gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2005, 07:56:57 PM »

KMET is long gone.  frown

I pay tribute though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: