http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 01:37:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [TV] Sleepy Hollow  (Read 1378 times)
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« on: September 17, 2013, 03:53:45 PM »

Anyone else catch this last night?  I thought it was a lot of fun.  The two leads are both immediately likeable. That villain is frikkin awesome.  The story is balls-to-the-wall batshit kitchen sink crazy.  You can see the writers saying, "Screw it, let's just go for it."  Plus, they gave themselves a seven year run in the first episode.  Ballsy.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 03:57:43 PM »

totally forgot it premiered last night, but they're repeating episodes on Friday nights for at least the next two weeks.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Crusis

Horror hack extraordinaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 04:34:44 PM »

Before the show my kid and I were all "haha. That show's gonna suck."

Ummm. Crow.

I get paid to write books. It's a thing. http://timothywlong.com
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2013, 04:36:51 PM »

starts next month in the UK,pretty sure its Universal channel as well,like Bates Motel(that started last week...months after it finished in the U.S.)

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2013, 04:42:35 PM »

If there was ever a show where you are required to suspend belief, this is it.  I dont mean that in a bad way either.  The whole plot and concept is so over the top, that you just have to accept it and roll with it.  The good thing is, going the way they did, they have a vast wealth of mythology to draw from.  The show is driven by the people who ran Fringe ( which I really liked a lot ) so I think they will be able to make this work.  Its looking like its going to be a fun show to watch. 

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2013, 04:55:51 PM »

well, at least it sounds like it will be worth my time.

Because I can,
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2013, 05:55:34 PM »

It has the potential to be a cult favorite like Supernatural if it continues like it did in the pilot.  I had a lot of fun with it and look forward to more.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2013, 09:04:30 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 17, 2013, 03:57:43 PM

totally forgot it premiered last night, but they're repeating episodes on Friday nights for at least the next two weeks.

Oh good. I forgot to set the DVR. What network is it on?

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2013, 09:11:15 PM »

Quote from: Ironrod on September 17, 2013, 09:04:30 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on September 17, 2013, 03:57:43 PM

Oh good. I forgot to set the DVR. What network is it on?

FOX.  it's also now online.

Because I can,
Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2013, 09:19:52 PM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on September 17, 2013, 04:42:35 PM

If there was ever a show where you are required to suspend belief, this is it.  I dont mean that in a bad way either.  The whole plot and concept is so over the top, that you just have to accept it and roll with it.  The good thing is, going the way they did, they have a vast wealth of mythology to draw from.  The show is driven by the people who ran Fringe ( which I really liked a lot ) so I think they will be able to make this work.  Its looking like its going to be a fun show to watch. 

Yeah that was my take as well.  I couldn't figure out if the main lead was a Lt for a small town police dept or part of some large police force in a big city, nothing made sense on that level.  I enjoyed it and hope it does well.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2013, 03:55:36 PM »

Great news everyone!  </Farnsworth>

Sleepy Hollow opened to the highest ratings of any fall drama premier in 6 years.   If I understand Fox, they'll be cancelling this immediately. 

Seriously though - any ideas who is playing the Headless Horseman?  he's got some skills with those axes!

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2013, 05:20:39 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on September 18, 2013, 03:55:36 PM

Sleepy Hollow opened to the highest ratings of any fall drama premier in 6 years.   If I understand Fox, they'll be cancelling this immediately. 

icon_lol

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2013, 06:23:25 PM »

Eh, I've come around on this to say that, at least Fox gives these shows a chance in the first place, even if it hasn't quite understood how to build the audience for these shows in the past.

Anyway, thanks for mentioning this show, I too was going to skip watching it, but after seeing the first episode online, they've got enough going on in the story, and some strong leads. And oh hey, a black woman as a lead.

I just hope it doesn't get too much like a procedural.
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2013, 09:25:53 AM »

Enjoyed the first episode and with all my other favorite shows either cancelled or between seasons (True Blood, Game of Thrones, Vampire Diaries, Arrow, Spartacus) it gives me something decent to watch during the week.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2013, 11:22:08 AM »

Quote from: corruptrelic on September 20, 2013, 09:25:53 AM

Enjoyed the first episode and with all my other favorite shows either cancelled or between seasons (True Blood, Game of Thrones, Vampire Diaries, Arrow, Spartacus) it gives me something decent to watch during the week.

if it lasts.

Because I can,
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2013, 09:55:20 PM »

Ok this is fandamtastic news!  Sleppy Hollow has signed a new actor for a major role!

http://www.blastr.com/2013-9-20/everybodys-favorite-fringe-star-joins-sleepy-hollow-major-role

Awesome news!  

If you dont want to check out the link Ill summarize for you:

Spoiler for Hiden:
JOHN FRIKKEN NOBLE IS BACK BABY! 

Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2013, 06:35:38 PM »

Finally watched the pilot.

rshetts was right about having to suspend disbelief to watch this. Normally I give a show a few episodes before deciding weather to invest in it but this one kinda pushed the boundaries for me in what I was willing to take. The moment I saw the horseman all decked out with all manner of guns I was at the edge of being out. Then they kicked me over when he went and sheathed the shotgun to his back. I went full Roberto Duran and cried "no mas!". For god sakes no mas!

I did manage finish the episode but will not be watching any more.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2013, 11:44:35 PM »

Quote from: Crawley on September 24, 2013, 06:35:38 PM

Finally watched the pilot.

rshetts was right about having to suspend disbelief to watch this. Normally I give a show a few episodes before deciding weather to invest in it but this one kinda pushed the boundaries for me in what I was willing to take. The moment I saw the horseman all decked out with all manner of guns I was at the edge of being out. Then they kicked me over when he went and sheathed the shotgun to his back. I went full Roberto Duran and cried "no mas!". For god sakes no mas!

I did manage finish the episode but will not be watching any more.

I'm usually pretty forgiving for sci-fi/fantasy but I also found the pilot less than engaging.  I started dozing midway through the show until the above-mentioned guns woke me up.  I guess I don't really get what they are going for, it seems like they want to be like Grimm but it feels awkward.  The headless guy makes for a lame bad guy too, since he doesn't talk it's not particularly threatening or interesting.

Spoiler for Hiden:
I thought the best part of the episode is when that creepy thing killed Sulu.  But losing Sulu sucks as the cast could really use a boost.

I'll probably give it another chance but I'm inclined to drop it in favor of something else.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2013, 12:40:45 AM »

enjoyed the first 2 episodes, which means it'll probably be cancelled.  as for your spoiler Rittch,

Spoiler for Hiden:
he's not out of the game yet

Because I can,
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2013, 10:40:47 AM »

I was thinking the same thing as Rittch. Then I saw episode 2.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2013, 11:27:15 PM »

ratings for the first 2 episodes:

10.10 million viewers episode 1.
8.59 million viewers for episode 2.

it'll be interesting to see if the numbers stabilize or if they keep falling.  since this is FOX I'd start worrying when it starts hitting the 5 million range during the first season.

Because I can,
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2013, 01:14:18 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 26, 2013, 11:27:15 PM

ratings for the first 2 episodes:

10.10 million viewers episode 1.
8.59 million viewers for episode 2.

it'll be interesting to see if the numbers stabilize or if they keep falling.  since this is FOX I'd start worrying when it starts hitting the 5 million range during the first season.

That seems like a fairly standard drop off rate, and you're right about 5m probably being the "on the bubble" number, but it depends how other shows are doing both on Fox and on other channels competing for the same time slot.

That said, I didn't like the second ep nearly as much as the first.  It could be the lack of an appearance by the HH, who I think is a fantastic villain (he defines menacing), but I understand that you don't want to overuse him.  I'm nowhere near ready to give up on the show yet, though.  The wife is still in, too, and this isn't really her type of thing.

Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2013, 08:35:24 PM »

We watched the first two episodes back-to-back last night. This show has promise if it doesn't slip into "ghost of the week." For reasons unknown my DVR recorded the pilot in SD and the next episode in HD. The pilot looked so murky that I liked the second episode better.

rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2013, 05:36:30 PM »

Bah!  I mistakenly watched episode 3 before episode 2.  The good news is I liked it a lot more than the premiere, and not just because Crane is tied down and shirtless!  Oh myyyyyyy....

Spoiler for Hiden:
Where is my SULU?!?!??!
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2013, 06:05:53 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on October 01, 2013, 05:36:30 PM

Bah!  I mistakenly watched episode 3 before episode 2.  The good news is I liked it a lot more than the premiere, and not just because Crane is tied down and shirtless!  Oh myyyyyyy....

Spoiler for Hiden:
Where is my SULU?!?!??!

Spoiler for Hiden:

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2013, 07:54:44 PM »

FOX AWAKENS SEASON TWO OF HIT DRAMA SERIES “SLEEPY HOLLOW”

Premiere Episode Surpasses 22 Million Viewers Across Platforms

Next All-New Episode Airs Monday, October 7, on FOX

FOX will delve into a second season of the hit action/adventure series SLEEPY HOLLOW, it was announced today by Kevin Reilly, Chairman of Entertainment, Fox Broadcasting Company.

“The show has proven to be a risk well worth taking – it’s a conceptual blast unlike anything else on television and it all holds together with inventive writing and a fantastic cast,” said Reilly. “I can’t wait for fans to experience what else is in store for this fall and even more of this wild ride into Season Two.”

The series premiere of SLEEPY HOLLOW earned a 5.0/13 rating among Adults 18-49 and drew 13.6 million viewers after three additional days of time-shifted viewing, making it FOX’s most successful fall drama premiere since the debut of “24” in November 2001. In fact, with its encore, post-three-day playback on DVR and VOD, and its streaming on www.Fox.com and www.Hulu.com, the series premiere of SLEEPY HOLLOW has already drawn an audience of more than 22 million. In Week Three, SLEEPY HOLLOW showed increasing retention, delivering a 3.0/8 rating and holding 97% of the prior week's Adults 18-49 delivery.

In the next all-new episode of SLEEPY HOLLOW, “The Lesser Key of Solomon,” airing Monday, Oct. 7 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX, Lt. Abbie Mills (Nicole Beharie) and Ichabod Crane (Tom Mison) search for Abbie’s estranged sister, Jenny (guest star Lyndie Greenwood), who has escaped from a Sleepy Hollow psychiatric hospital.

In a game-changing episode, which includes flashbacks to the real Boston Tea Party, Abbie and Ichabod discover more about the evil they are facing.

SLEEPY HOLLOW is a thrilling mystery-adventure drama series spanning two and a half centuries, in which a resurrected Ichabod Crane (Tom Mison) pairs up with a present-day police lieutenant (Nicole Beharie) to save the enigmatic town of Sleepy Hollow – and the world – from unprecedented evil.

From K/O Paper Products in association with 20th Century Fox Television, SLEEPY HOLLOW is co-created by Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci, Phillip Iscove and Len Wiseman (“Hawaii Five-0,” “Underworld” and “Total Recall”). The series is executive-produced by Kurtzman, Orci, Wiseman, Mark Goffman, Ken Olin and Heather Kadin. Iscove serves as supervising producer. Wiseman directed the pilot. “Like” SLEEPY HOLLOW on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/SleepyHollowFOX. Follow the series on Twitter @SleepyHollowFOX and join the discussion at #sleepyhollow.

Because I can,
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2013, 08:21:37 PM »

Renewed already?  Thats a bit unique for Fox!  Glad they are showing confidence in the series though. If things get a bit dicey rating wise, then they will have a 2nd season to try to bring the show to a close decently.

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2013, 08:27:02 PM »

John Noble says you're welcome.   icon_wink

rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2013, 10:23:45 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on October 03, 2013, 08:27:02 PM

LOL  youre probably right on target.  Noble probably asked for a 2 year contract or he wasnt interested.  Its good to be the regent.

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2013, 02:20:58 AM »

I really hope they give noble lots of airtime.  He was the primary reason I watched fringe.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2013, 11:25:41 AM »

I just realized the sister is from Nikita.  glad to see she moved on quickly.

Because I can,
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2013, 02:57:03 PM »

Wow, this show sounded so insane/ridiculous to me, I had declined to watch one second of it. Finally caught up on the pilot and 2nd episode via Fox's web site (fwiw, it's one of the smoothest, highest quality streams I've seen for shows on a network web site -- much better on my PC than Agents of SHIELD is on ABC's site), and I was surprised -- I loved it right away.  icon_smile

A pal on another forum said he watched the pilot fully prepared to mock it, and now it's his favorite show on network TV.  icon_cool

I liked the cast and the slightly deranged historical reimagining. I don't like, or get into, everything Kurtzman/Orci are involved in, and I'm no Len Wiseman fan, but somehow, it seems to come together well.

Sounds also good that Fox ordered a second season but wants to keep it in presumably higher quality 13-episode seasons rather than 22-26 episode "lets run the well dry of ideas" seasons.

I think they're rebroadcasting the pilot tonight.

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2013, 03:00:33 PM »

no new episodes until November, but then we get our dose of Noble.  I'm kinda hoping that Crane gets a wardrobe change soon, he's been wearing the same outfit for god knows how long, and I imagine it's not something you could launder every night slywink

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2013, 04:53:21 PM »

we'll probably be able to catch up then as we had the second episode last week,i am enjoying it..had to do this>>>  Roll Eyes when they made the Headless horseman a Redcoat

I also thought it was quite amusing seeing Clancy Brown get decapitated
Spoiler for Hiden:
There can be only one icon_wink

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2013, 04:53:35 PM »

still enjoying the series though biggrin

Because I can,
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2013, 04:54:19 PM »

They'd have to come up with some garb that keeps his old timey look. Part of the way the series works is with just so how out of place he looks.

Even if that means it's another melodrama cheesy aspect, I'd rather they keep the garb if they can't come up with something better.

Although eventually, you know they'll have a plot point where the coat gets burnt up or something.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2013, 01:01:30 PM »

Maybe there's like a Revolutionary War re-enactors group in Sleepy Hollow that could lend him some clothes?  icon_smile That might be a sensible way to allow him to change his clothing a bit.

I'm caught up through episode 3. I'm a Luddite with no VOD access, so I caught up via Fox's web site and iOS app - both work well but asking me to watch a Google Chromebook video ad about 15 times is a bit much, Fox!  icon_razz Alas, my Cable provider Cox won't let me watch the Recent couple episodes that way.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 01:03:54 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2013, 07:47:56 PM »

Just got caught up last night. Still enjoying the man-out-of-time humor more than anything else.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2013, 10:16:23 PM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on October 03, 2013, 10:23:45 PM

LOL  youre probably right on target.  Noble probably asked for a 2 year contract or he wasnt interested.  Its good to be the regent.

I have to say his appearance was rather dull, I wonder how much they're planning on using him.

Because I can,
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2013, 05:00:51 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 16, 2013, 10:16:23 PM

Quote from: rshetts2 on October 03, 2013, 10:23:45 PM

I have to say his appearance was rather dull, I wonder how much they're planning on using him.

I liked him quite a bit in the end sequence.  I could see a lot of potential for that character. 

I also thought it was funny that they addressed his wardrobe recently.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: