http://gamingtrend.com
July 23, 2014, 06:35:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [TV] Revolution - season 2 is here.  (Read 3879 times)
rittchard
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2012, 10:02:04 PM »

All I can say is Miles and Munroe need to get a room and take care of business.  I swear they were acting more like forlorn lovers than friends who had grown apart.  Juliette's acting in this show is kind of terrible, I really hope her role improves when the show returns.  Kim Raver has mostly been wasted as well thus far. 

Fun inconsequential trivia: both Miles and that doofus boy show up in Breaking Dawn Pt. 2!

- - -

I don't think the break will be as detrimental as Flashforward's was.  First off it's a more engaging show with a stronger core cast and core plot.  More importantly they didn't take any significant breaks in between, it almost felt like we got to see all 13 episodes sequentially, and that's pretty satisfying these days when you compare to shows like Game of Thrones whose entire "season" is only 10 episodes long, and shows like Falling Skies, Homeland, True Blood, etc have all done fine with short seasons separated by longer periods.  The key IMHO is to not allow for more than a single break, maybe two, while you air all the episodes.  You want the audience to feel like they know the show is going to be there, and once there's a break, you break.  3 months is a lot less than 8 or whatever it is we had to wait for GoT.
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2012, 01:36:54 AM »

I was thinking the same thing.  Miles & Munroe need a romantic getaway weekend together.  I didn't believe Miles for a second when he said that Munroe was dead to him.  Anyone can see that their love runs deep.  Miles was trying to be icy cold, but his emotions spoke otherwise.

The acting on this show is unlike anything I've seen in a long time.  Maybe it's the direction.  Juliette has played the same character on Lost, V and now Revolution.  Where's her male counterpart though?  Father Tom Baldwin from V?  He needs to be on this show asap.         
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2012, 01:47:12 AM »

Quote from: rittchard on November 28, 2012, 10:02:04 PM

More importantly they didn't take any significant breaks in between, it almost felt like we got to see all 13 episodes sequentially

did you hallucinate 3 episodes?

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2013, 04:38:14 PM »

so,this is crap is it?

for some friggin' reason it starts next week on Sky 1 here...but to be honest,its probably better like that,i can't imagine i would like a 4 month break in the middle of the season,especially when you are trying your best to like the show,and then it disappears like that...it's bad enough when shows have just a few weeks break in the middle of seasons(Arrow!!)

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2013, 05:14:28 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on March 19, 2013, 04:38:14 PM

so,this is crap is it?

It's not the worst sf show I've ever seen. It's not very good, either, but I'm intrigued enough by the central storyline and have invested enough time in it already to keep on watching. For overall quality I'd say it's better than V, equivalent to Terra Nova, and a notch below Falling Skies.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2013, 05:54:55 PM »

About in the same boat with this one. Still have a season pass on the DVR, and its something to watch, but I would be fine if there was a glitch and the season pass got deleted.
Covenant

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2013, 06:14:28 PM »

If constant character trait flip-flopping doesn't bother you, then give it a shot; the central premise is fairly interesting.  I couldn't stand it because everything people did was to searve the plot, regardless of if it was in character or not (many times within the same episode).
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2013, 06:21:17 PM »

Quote from: Ironrod on March 19, 2013, 05:14:28 PM

so,this is crap is it?

It's not the worst sf show I've ever seen. It's not very good, either, but I'm intrigued enough by the central storyline and have invested enough time in it already to keep on watching. For overall quality I'd say it's better than V, equivalent to Terra Nova, and a notch below Falling Skies.

I wouldn't say it's better than V - V had much better campy value and a hotter cast.  I'd say much better than Terra Nova and agree not as good as Falling Skies.  Looks like the second half will be better, and I think they are taking complaints about Charlie's whiny factor to heart so she'll hopefully be improved when they return.  And I read one of the main characters will die.  I wonder if it might be Juliette, that would have strong impact but ruin the love triangle.  Fatty would be too obvious, so maybe the other girl?
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2013, 07:05:22 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on March 19, 2013, 06:21:17 PM

Quote from: Ironrod on March 19, 2013, 05:14:28 PM

so,this is crap is it?

I wouldn't say it's better than V - V had much better campy value and a hotter cast.  I'd say much better than Terra Nova and agree not as good as Falling Skies. 

My opinion is based on the quality of the writing, both plot and character. V had every stereotype in the book and painfully cheesy dialog. Terra Nova was just plain insipid. Revolution is highly inconsistent. Falling Skies has steadily improved...it's still not up to the level of the classic sf series that we all know so well, but it's certainly better than average. If it lasts a couple more seasons it could reach the top tier. IMO, of course.

Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2013, 08:12:38 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on March 19, 2013, 06:21:17 PM

And I read one of the main characters will die.  I wonder if it might be Juliette, that would have strong impact but ruin the love triangle.  Fatty would be too obvious, so maybe the other girl?
He can't die until his wife makes another appearance, preferably hooked up and knocked up with that other guy's kid.

Did they ever explain why the mother left in the first place? What was she hoping to accomplish by leaving her family? Also, it was curious how quickly she can build an amplifier device given the primitive technology available. A helicopter hasn't been used in 15 years and can fly right away by plugging in a magic battery?

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2013, 10:52:31 PM »

so,this is crap is it?

for some friggin' reason it starts next week on Sky 1 here...but to be honest,its probably better like that,i can't imagine i would like a 4 month break in the middle of the season,especially when you are trying your best to like the show,and then it disappears like that...it's bad enough when shows have just a few weeks break in the middle of seasons(Arrow!!)

Taking a break for a third of the year in the same season didn't exactly help people retain interest in the show. If you look at their FB page, a lot of people are saying the same thing.
While I thought Revolution was pretty decent, honestly after all this time I've lost interest in it. I can understand taking these massive breaks in between seasons.. but not only in the first season where you have to build your fan base and establish the show.

Wonder what kind of numbers they're going to pull off when it comes back on, can't imagine ratings going up after all this time.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2013, 11:32:30 PM »

hopefully it doesn't end up suffering the same fate as The Event (another NBC sci-fi show that had a long break in the middle of its season).  it's ahead in viewers currently so it should be fairly safe provided it doesn't do a horrible nosedive when it comes back the 25th.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2013, 12:38:08 AM »

Yeah i quite liked The Event,and for some reason had a strange crush on 'gravelly voice woman'(I can't remember names in that show) paranoid

As Corrupt says,i would prefer they kept their breaks inbetween seasons not in the middle..or out of the 20 episodes make 2 seasons if need be(and have started to be all the rage of late)

It says on the Wiki page that Revolution was picked up for 22 episodes,but later reduced to 20 episodes,so you guys are slap bang in the middle as its episode 11 on the 25th

Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2013, 05:47:04 AM »

I watched this tonight. First time ever, had no clue what was going on, but didn't really want to... AWEFUL acting is what I saw. Just was too over the top cheesy. Maybe it's better than what I saw, and probably better if I knew why was going on... Still, seemed pretty crappy.
Covenant

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2013, 01:37:21 PM »

Quote from: Harpua3 on March 26, 2013, 05:47:04 AM

I watched this tonight. First time ever, had no clue what was going on, but didn't really want to... AWEFUL acting is what I saw. Just was too over the top cheesy. Maybe it's better than what I saw, and probably better if I knew why was going on... Still, seemed pretty crappy.

Nope, it doesn't get any better.
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2013, 04:09:13 PM »

I noticed that my DVR obediently slurped it up. Will I watch it? Eventually, probably, even though it feels more like a chore than a pleasure. I'm sorta compulsive that way.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2013, 04:21:20 PM »

looks like ratings were down slightly (2.7 vs 2.9 from last November's final episode), but they were also down for Castle and Hawaii Five O which air at the same time.

Because I can,
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2013, 03:11:54 AM »

The small ratings drop wasnt likely a big deal, since the show just came back from a long break.  If the ratings continue on a downward trend then it will probably kill the show.

The show isnt stellar but its entertaining enough.  I just wish the writing wasnt so ridiculously predictable.
Spoiler for Hiden:
Was there a person anywhere watching, that didnt know the brother was dead meat long before he got whacked?  Man did they telegraph that move!
  And they need to do a better job with logic.
Spoiler for Hiden:
I mean seriously, the power has been down for 15 years basically the instant they get power capabilities, they are able to get several copters airborne?  Even if by some miracle they were able to keep the copters flight ready, how did they keep the pilots flight ready? They havent flow for 15 years and they are going to be low altitude combat ready?  saywhat 

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
Roman

XboxLive: RomyBolognaPony

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2013, 04:28:31 AM »

not to mention stale fuel....

lame lame lame. also can't abide the reuse of the soundtrack from Lost.

Xbox Live Gamertag: RomyBolognaPony
Davidbld
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2013, 07:12:21 AM »

Yea, If I dont use my car for a week, something tends to go wrong. Here, every electronic device or machine is in tip top order the instant it gets power...I guess for story reasons, but still...after 15 years things'll rust and break unless they get upkeep... I guess maybe someone thought the helicopters would eventually be used again? Yea, thats the ticket!
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2013, 08:15:13 PM »

Quote from: Roman on March 27, 2013, 04:28:31 AM

not to mention stale fuel....

lame lame lame. also can't abide the reuse of the soundtrack from Lost.

Also love Juliette not explaining anything - very Lost lol.

Spoiler for Hiden:
I was annoyed they killed off my pretty boy but I'm not at all surprised.  He kind of lifts right out since he didn't get much plotline in the earlier part of the season.  I'm starting to get sick of shows killing off key characters for shock value, it's like everybody wants to get in on the act.
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2013, 08:47:43 PM »

I found a bunch of things hilarious in this episode:
- The helo pilots were flying like stunt pilots or combat vets.  I think they would be a little rusty (if they could even find experienced pilots).
- The "I'm not telling you right now" plot device cracked me up...especially since everyone just accepted it.
- The sonic gun was funny.
- Her brother was the group's holy grail for the first half of the season,
Spoiler for Hiden:
and then they kill him off in the first episode back.  Nice lol.
- They are really trying hard to portray Tom Neville as a sociopath.  How many bad guy crazies does the show need?  3 or 4?
- Monroe must have an unlimited supply of hair product to keep his hair looking so styled.  Why does it always seem like he's about to cry?  And don't mention Miles, or he will get watery eyes of longing, followed by Angry Eyes!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 06:03:56 AM by Roguetad » Logged
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2013, 10:00:18 PM »

Quote from: Roguetad on March 27, 2013, 08:47:43 PM

- Monroe must have an unlimited supply of hair product to keep his hair looking so styled.  Why does it always seem like he's about to cry?  And don't mention Miles, or he will get watery eyes of longing, followed by Angry Eyes!

I'm pretty sure both the Monroe and Miles empire would support same sex marriage, if you know what I mean.   Fabulous Fabulous
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2013, 12:33:10 PM »

I watched the first two episodes last night,it was okay,it suffers from TWD problem where people are dickheads...the main girl is a bit whiny and the older blonde girl(her stepmother i guess of sorts) voice/accent was awful it really grinded my ears,LOL.....quite surprised when Miles said she was British(who "he was trying to bang" when held up by C.Thomas Howell),as she sounded Australian to me

I don't think i will say too much about using Tattoo's as IDs to enter Army Bases in a state of emergency <<<oh look,i did

rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2013, 04:05:04 PM »

They finally revealed the cause of the blackout and it actually makes sense. 
Spoiler for Hiden:
Nanotechnology.  Self replicating virus sized nanobots that block electrical current.

While the show isnt perfect it can be entertaining, so Ive continued to watch it. 

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 09, 2013, 09:10:41 PM »

Was watching the show until the long gap and just couldn't be bothered to pick it up again.  I don't see the reasons behind this way of doing things, the only result I can see is that you lose your audience interest and hence lose viewers during a long gap in the first season.
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 09, 2013, 09:36:11 PM »

I never starting watching again after the gap. The bad acting, whiney lead character, and plot inconsistencies were too much.

corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 09, 2013, 11:42:10 PM »

Same. They took way too long of a break that any little interest I did have in the show was lost during the months it was off.

Sent from my PantechP9070 using Tapatalk 2

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 09, 2013, 11:56:20 PM »

I was flipping through the stations Monday night, caught part of the latest episode and was surprised to see Gus was in it biggrin

I'm surprised there hasn't been a season 2 pickup yet as well as the show has been doing.  some of the actors and JJ Abrams have talked about the direction it might take but no solid word from NBC.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 26, 2013, 07:45:07 PM »

and renewed!

Because I can,
namatoki
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 26, 2013, 09:33:19 PM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on April 09, 2013, 04:05:04 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:
Nanotechnology.  Self replicating virus sized nanobots that block electrical current.

While the show isnt perfect it can be entertaining, so Ive continued to watch it. 

What I don't understand about that is

Spoiler for Hiden:
if they are breathing in the "nanobots" and they are strong enough to absorb/block electricity, how are people still alive?  The human nervous system runs on electricity too.  Wouldn't that block brain activity and heart activity?
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 26, 2013, 10:29:05 PM »

Quote from: namatoki on April 26, 2013, 09:33:19 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:
if they are breathing in the "nanobots" and they are strong enough to absorb/block electricity, how are people still alive?  The human nervous system runs on electricity too.  Wouldn't that block brain activity and heart activity?

See previous page

Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: April 26, 2013, 10:35:50 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 26, 2013, 07:45:07 PM

and renewed!

Yay?

There are many examples of sf shows that started out weak and got better after a few seasons. I do not think this will be one of them. But one can hope.

namatoki
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 29, 2013, 08:13:09 PM »

Quote from: Moliere on April 26, 2013, 10:29:05 PM

Quote from: namatoki on April 26, 2013, 09:33:19 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:

See previous page

Okay, but...

Spoiler for Hiden:
Pete was talking about an EMP not causing people to die, but these "nanobots" are absorbing all electricity according to Rachel.  Seems like those two are different animals, hence my question, how are people still alive? smile
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 25, 2013, 04:51:26 PM »

Okay we just had Episode 10 last night(which is the last episode you guys had last year before the season break)

I am enjoying it a bit more than i was in the first few episodes,but they still make dumbass decisions
Spoiler for Hiden:
what a dick hiding in that guys home in Philly

Oh and they don't answer like i would
Spoiler for Hiden:
when Miles had his sword to that Generals wife's neck and the General said he would kill him for this,i would've answered that he had kidnapped his niece and nephew and killed his brother(well,more or less)..but he just said nothing...at least his wife may of understood his actions a bit more

That girl still needs to change her expression more..okay,sure she can't smile all the time,but just take that damn puppy eyed expression off your face
Spoiler for Hiden:
So much better Tongue

Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: May 25, 2013, 05:35:23 PM »

I finally abandoned this show. It's on at the same time as something else that we record. Our dual-tuner DVR can cope unless my wife decides to watch some third program at the same time. Since I ranked Revolution as lowest priority, it loses. The last episode that I got was broken into four pieces and the episode after that was skipped completely. I don't really like Revolution very much anyway, so that was my excuse to bail out.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 21, 2013, 11:20:10 PM »

Quote from: Ironrod on May 25, 2013, 05:35:23 PM

I finally abandoned this show. It's on at the same time as something else that we record. Our dual-tuner DVR can cope unless my wife decides to watch some third program at the same time. Since I ranked Revolution as lowest priority, it loses. The last episode that I got was broken into four pieces and the episode after that was skipped completely. I don't really like Revolution very much anyway, so that was my excuse to bail out.

that's the same issue I had.  to many shows in the same timeslot.

Because I can,
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 22, 2013, 01:14:12 AM »

Season 2 First Look trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PZVpWvdsZ54

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 22, 2013, 01:17:43 AM »

Quote from: corruptrelic on July 22, 2013, 01:14:12 AM

thumbsup

Because I can,
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: July 22, 2013, 02:26:46 AM »

Last week's heat wave killed my cable box/DVR -- the poor thing will only display 0 and won't show me the menu or the cable schedule. I expect the cable company to replace it tomorrow, but I'm probably going to have to reprogram its recording schedule from scratch. Maybe Revolution will get another chance. Maybe not.

Probably not.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: