http://gamingtrend.com
December 21, 2014, 12:00:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [TV] LOST tonight - 11/17  (Read 4797 times)
Lockdown
Gaming Trend Senior Member

LD

View Profile
« on: November 17, 2004, 12:46:12 PM »

Hey all my fellow LOST compatriots:

I missed my first episode last week.  I was hoping for a quick recap if anyone wishes to indulge me.

Here is the last thing I remember from two episodes ago:

Basically:

Jack gets caught in the cave.  Hobbit rescues him.  Decides he doesn't want to do drugs anymore (hurray for him).  Locke is proud of the kid.

The young kid gets to see his dad in action helping direct the rescue of Jack; appears to have a newfound 'respect' for pops.  Very cool.

Sayed gets a triangulation of the signal, and wham! - gets hit over the head.  End of scene.

Everyone gets to see Kate's passion for getting Jack out of that cave.  Drops everything to help him.  Meanwhile, I "assumed" Sawyer fired off her rocket when she bolted.  

That's the main gist of what I remember - and I would love to be at least somewhat up-to-date going into tonight's episode.  

(and since I really like Sawyer's character, it would FIGURE I would miss the episode that was about him, dammit!)  So anything you can tell me about his 'story' would be great too.

BTW - I tried going through the thread we do every week, but reading that thread without seeing the show is very hard to understand.  

Thanks in advance.

LD

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Doomboy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2004, 02:21:57 PM »

Spoilers!!!
The letter that Sawyer carries around and reads constantly is from a kid who is pissed at Sawyer about how he stole all of the kid's family's money and caused his father to drink himself to death.  In the letter, the kid swears he will hunt down Sawyer and get revenge.

We also see Sawyer attempting to rip off some people in flashbacks, but he has a change of heart when he sees they have a kid, and he runs off, presumably to take the plane that leads to being Lost.

On the island, the useless sister is having asthma problems, and it is assumed that Sawyer has some medication that can help her.  He says he won't just give it to them, and Jack finally breaks down and gets together with Sayid to torture him for the location of the medicine.

After the torture, Kate convinces Jack and Sayid to let him go, and they do, but there is a fight between Sawyer and Sayid, and Sawyer gets stabbed.  They patch him up, and Kate figures out that the reason Sawyer places so much importance on the letter is that he is really the kid, who has assumed Sawyer's identity and life of crime.  He is such an asshole becuase he hates himself.  He tells her that he doesn't have any medicine, and everyone wonders why he implied he did.

The girl is saved by plants gathered by Michael, who is told what to look for by the Korean woman.

At the end, Sayid is disgusted with himself, and decides to head off on his own to map the island.

Tonight's episode is going to be about him...

When there's no more room in hell, Jack Thompson will walk the earth.
Odin
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2004, 02:23:41 PM »

Spoilers

This week was all about the quest for asthma medicine for Sticks. Sawyer had a novel (Watership Down) that had been in the same suitcase as the medicine, so everybody figured he was hoarding it. When Sticks' brother went and tried to get it from Sawyer's hidden stash, Sawyer beat him up pretty good.

Meanwhile, Saiiid gets his wounded head tended by Jack and reveals that his signal-detector was destroyed by whomever clocked him. He approaches Locke (who has no alibi) who says he was butchering a hog at the time and suggests that it was probably Sawyer. Saiid says it couldn't have been Sawyer because he was setting off a rocket a few km away. Locke laughs that off by talking about how easy it would be to create a delayed fuse by using a cigaratte.

Jack goes to confront Sawyer and get the meds, but stalks off when Sawyer tries to goad him into a fight. Kate talks to Saywer who says he'll give her the meds for a kiss.

In flashbacks, we see that Sawyer is sleeping with a woman who is cheating on her husband. He has to leave to go to a meeting but his briefcase pops open and spills wads of money all over. He admits to the woman that he's got a chance to invest $140,000 along with another guy's $160,000 in offshore drilling and that a government program will automatically triple their investment. She convinces him to partner with her and her husband instead.

He has a lunch meeting with her and her husband (Michael DeLuise) and he even lets them hold onto the money overnight as a show of good faith. He then goes to meet with a shady dude who wants to know why Sawyer let somebody else "hold" HIS $140,000. Sawyer reveals the scam, and that building the trust is part of the con, along with seducing the wife and making the husband feel like he's in control. The shady character makes it clear that he expects 150% of his investment back of Sawyer's going to eat a bullet.

Back on the island, Jack and Saiid decide that they need to take a firmer approach with Sawyer to get the meds. Sticks is suffering terribly, and may die. Saiid reveals that part of his experience as a Republican Guard communications officer is "getting captured enemy soldiers to communicate." He and Jack abduct Sawyer and Saiid uses bamboo under the fingernails while Sawyer taunts him for more. Eventually he agrees to talk, but only to Kate.

Kate shows up and he once again propositions her for a kiss. She gives in and assents to a respectable lip-lock, after which he confesses that he doesn't have the medicine. The book had simply washed up on shore - the rest of the suitcase is almost certainly at the bottom of the ocean.

The show wraps up with the Korean woman concocting an eucalyptus poultice that she spreads on Sticks' chest and relieves her asthma. Kate approaches Sawyer to tell him she's figured out why he's such a jerk. We see a flashback to Sawyer once again with the husband and wife, closing the deal on the con. In walks a small boy who isn't feeling well and wants the wife to read him a story. Sawyer looks hard at the boy then calls off the deal and walks out. When the husband follows him, Sawyer drops the briefcase with all the money and takes off. Kate has the letter Sawyer let her read earlier, in which a small boy promises Mr. Sawyer that someday he'll find him and give him the letter so he'll know what a bad man he is for sleeping with his mother and conning his father out of all their money. The father then killed the mother and committed suicide, leaving the boy alone. We've been meant to think that Sawyer did all this and was given the letter by the boy, except that Kate has noticed a bicentennial seal on the back of the envelope. Sawyer WAS the little boy who wrote that letter, and when he found himself deep in debt as a young man, he took to conning wives out of their husbands' money using the same scam that was used on his parents. Hence the name of the episode, "Confidence Man." He clearly hates himself for it and is being super nasty so that somebody will put him out of his misery. Kate tells him she pities him, he gets pissed off, and that's the end.

Sith

Formerly Sith Lord
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2004, 03:02:05 PM »

http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/episodes/2004-05/8.html

The official site good for this too...

Both previous emails got everything I could think of though.

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2004, 03:20:02 PM »

You guys rock!!!!

Thanks so much!!!

BTW - I haven't seen the pregnant girl or the older black woman who thinks her husband is still alive in a few episodes.  Are they "back" yet?

Thanks again!

LD

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2004, 04:40:58 PM »

Oh; one subplot this week was Charlie convincing the pregnant girl to move up to the caves...  

She was talking about how she really missed peanut butter.  He said that if he could find some, she'd have to move to the caves, and she accepted that wager.

Charlie tracked down the big guy, and commented that he must have some stores of food, "because, well, look at you".  Big guy commented back that he had tightened his belt one rung.  

Eventually Charlie went back with an empty glass jar and they played make believe that there was peanut butter in there...  And he started packing her stuff to move her up to the caves...

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
warning

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2004, 04:48:27 PM »

Quote from: "Lockdown"
I haven't seen the pregnant girl...

I think what you meant to say was you haven't seen the extremely hot Aussie pregnant girl...

Carry on.
Kurth
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2004, 09:59:04 PM »

I can't wait for tonight's episode.  For one, I'm really interested in getting some backstory on Sayid.  And two, I'm dying to know if that women in the promo is the French Lady or if it's a flash back.

If Sayid ends up getting tortured tonight, just as he's wandered away on a guilt-induced walkabout due to his torturing of Sawyer, there's no doubt in my mind that the Island's powers are directly tuned in to the personal crises of the survivors.  

BTW, I'm a die hard Philadelphia Eagles fan, and while making my daily visit to their website, I saw an interview with CB Lito Sheppard (who had a brilliant 101 yard INT return for a TD on Monday night).  In the interview, Lito talked about how much he's into Lost, and he had the following analysis:

The show I have been watching lately on Wednesday nights is 'Lost.' It's pretty interesting. It kind of has that purgatory theme, where it seems like everyone has been put there for a reason. The only thing about it is whether the people are alive or dead. When a plane crashes, there can be survivors, but that many? That's a lot of survivors.  Maybe it is a purgatory with all of the magical stuff going on. It's going to have some odd twist to it. The doctor is on the right path. Instead of waiting for people to come and get them, they're surviving and making their own civilization.

Another GoneGold refugee.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2004, 10:05:08 PM »

Quote from: "Kurth"
I can't wait for tonight's episode.  For one, I'm really interested in getting some backstory on Sayid.  And two, I'm dying to know if that women in the promo is the French Lady or if it's a flash back.

If Sayid ends up getting tortured tonight, just as he's wandered away on a guilt-induced walkabout due to his torturing of Sawyer, there's no doubt in my mind that the Island's powers are directly tuned in to the personal crises of the survivors.  

BTW, I'm a die hard Philadelphia Eagles fan, and while making my daily visit to their website, I saw an interview with CB Lito Sheppard (who had a brilliant 101 yard INT return for a TD on Monday night).  In the interview, Lito talked about how much he's into Lost, and he had the following analysis:

The show I have been watching lately on Wednesday nights is 'Lost.' It's pretty interesting. It kind of has that purgatory theme, where it seems like everyone has been put there for a reason. The only thing about it is whether the people are alive or dead. When a plane crashes, there can be survivors, but that many? That's a lot of survivors.  Maybe it is a purgatory with all of the magical stuff going on. It's going to have some odd twist to it. The doctor is on the right path. Instead of waiting for people to come and get them, they're surviving and making their own civilization.

Do you want some spoilers? I know what the deal is with the lady in todays episode-or at least the basic details.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2004, 10:11:49 PM »

Quote from: "Rage"
Quote from: "Kurth"

Do you want some spoilers? I know what the deal is with the lady in todays episode-or at least the basic details.

It's only a few hours away, don't do it!

Wake up.
Kurth
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2004, 10:16:43 PM »

No, no, no!  But I look forward to post-episode analysis.

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2004, 10:22:58 PM »

OK FREAKS!! smile
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2004, 02:06:53 AM »

Post episode talk...................

Ok either i missed some stuff or I just dont get it...

1. That cable on the beach. What is it? Is it a deep sea power cable? If so why would it be there and why go across an island. Is that what powered the French girl's distress signal?

2. Is she crazy or was everything she said the truth? Maybe she was hearing whispers in the jungle.

3. The part with the batteries. sayeed said something about them and then she said something else and all that went right by me.

4. If she was telling the truth then just what is this infection or whatever that people get there?

5. What the hell was happening there at the end to sayeed??

6. Why did'nt she go with him?? After 16 years alone Id be glad to see someone else.

And hey what about Sawyer coming out to be with the others there at the end. And did Jack make the damn hole????

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2004, 02:08:29 AM »

Alright campers, fantastic episode. Sayeed proving that he is and has learned to be a man of honor, Hurley proving that he just rules all and speaks to the geek in all of us, our meeting with the French Woman who I'm sure will factor into the show a great deal in the future, and a bit of a connection between Kate and Sawyer? Yup, LOST had it all tonight.

Highlights:

"Dude..."

The final "Are you going to hurt me, Sayeed?"

Hurley's form of relaxation.

"They were sick... it took them all." This alone has thrown my brain for a curve as to what might happen in the future.

"Who was Alex?"

Mira Furlan proving that she's still a damn capable actress after her stint on B5 oh so long ago.

"Robert didn't notice either."

"$10 he shanks it."

Sticks on the beach. Hey, that sounds like a new drink...

That final shot.

biggrin

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Kurth
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2004, 03:35:59 AM »

I'm still taking that one in.  One quick question though - I didn't hear this, but my wife thought the Rousseau woman said that Robert was "infected" before they even reached the island.  I thought the general gist was that whatever sickness they got actually came from the island.  

Also, I think it's more than likely that whatever sickness Rousseau was talking about, Sayid's got it now.  That's why she won't go back with him.  Either that or she's just completely nuts!

Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2004, 04:13:42 AM »

The noob characters came out of the woodwork tonight, they were everywhere!  My wife and I kept our own running commentary, "Look!  There's another one! And he speaks!!"
Bulletpig

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2004, 05:17:21 AM »

Great one tonight!

I am really wondering now though if the sickness the French lady is talking about is really what the new guy introduced tonight has instead hives.

It just seemed to strange that Jack blows it off as hives and then she is talking about some sickness that Robert had.

Also just a theory but I think Alex maybe the one that cracked Sayid over head a couple of episodes ago.

This show really kicks ass though and am really bummed that we have to wait two weeks for the next fix.

Regards,
Pig
Balshazaar
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2004, 05:27:29 AM »

Don't forget that she mentioned that they got sick on the way back from the 'black rock.' Then, remember the small bag that Jack found that has a black and a white rock in it.  

Pretty cool episode.  It sets it up to be more than just Lord of the Flies, though the preview for the episode in two weeks didn't really do it for me.

naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2004, 06:06:15 AM »

Whatever happened to the African American woman who's husband died on the plane?  THe one that was sitting on the beach alone for awhile.
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2004, 08:19:16 AM »

Quote from: "Daehawk"
Post episode talk...................

Ok either i missed some stuff or I just dont get it...

1.  That's either a power or communications cable, tapping into some undersea cable supplying SE Asia, that's my guess. It proves a human basis for this island to me at least, no alternate dimension crap.  This island was long in human hands, probably a government, for them to need to wire it.  To be honest, I didn't catch if this is the source of the French woman's power...if she mentioned it.

2.  I think she's dingy, but telling the truth as she saw it. It IS a whacky island after all. We heard the whispers she was talking about at the end with Sayid, so we know she's not far off from the truth.

3. Me too, I missed exactly what was said. But maybe it was that those batteries were the hookup for torturing Sayid and he realized that and that's why he asked about them?

4. I'm sure we will find out more later. Could it be what has affected Locke too? And maybe the doc, seeing his dad and all?

5. Well, I know he was hearing the voices, so he knew she wasn't completely crazy. I don't know if he saw anything when he turned, maybe it was just a 'gee, I'm puzzled" type of turn, not a 'gee, I turned and now I see something there" turn.

6. She warned him, remember? She KNOWS that if there are others with Sayid, they are doomed to suffer the same fate that her group did. Maybe she's happy to stay out of it...for now.

What about Sawyer coming to the course? I don't know what you mean.

I think Jack made it, he's a doctor for crying out loud, he was born to play golf.
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2004, 08:26:20 AM »

Quote from: "Balshazaar"
Don't forget that she mentioned that they got sick on the way back from the 'black rock.' Then, remember the small bag that Jack found that has a black and a white rock in it.  

I flashed to 2001 and the monolith when she said "black rock", wouldn't THAT be a cool development!?!?  :shock:

My only minor quibble with this episode is that they didn't immediately tell EVERYONE about the golf course and that the three guys were so down on the idea to begin with.  The course was done for everyone's benefit so why the whispers and casual "oh, you didn't realize we had a golf course?" mentions?   And that "is THIS what you've been wasting your time with?" attitude, WTF?  As opposed to what?  Except for Locke and maybe the doc, what's everyone else been doing that's so awesome?
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2004, 09:15:31 AM »

Thinking more about this episode, I'm getting the idea maybe they're all under the influence of something.  Maybe the water, maybe the air, who knows.

This episode, they talked about the stress of being menaced by giant creatures and polar bears, but didn't talk about it like they felt anything.  They haven't seen even the barest hint of anyone looking for them but act like they think they might be rescued any time now.   There is a disconnect there, it is beyond 'denial', they have been mellowed out big time.
TheGameAh
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2004, 12:37:56 PM »

Interesting episode.  I like the directions things seem to be taking.  I was glad to see Sawyer join the group.  I realize every show needs an ass to cause "tension", but sometimes it gets old.

Also, LOST is the last show I would think needs a love triangle.  I hate these silly plots.  I hope we do not get a love triangle between Saywer, Jack, and Kate.  That would suck.

The opening conversation between Jack and Kate seemed strange to me.

Paraphrase, it went like:

Kate:  Gee, I'm really worried about Sayid.  After you both tortured Sawyer he ran away.  I'm really worried.
Jack:  Don't worry, he'll be fine.
Kate: (in angry voice) You shouldn't have tortured Sawyer!

Huh?  She's cool with Sayid torturing people, but is mad with Jack?
Balshazaar
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2004, 12:45:09 PM »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do not think that it would be unusual for an organization laying an undersea cable to run it over an island in the path - they could set up intermediate repair stations there, and it would be A LOT easier to diagnose a cable that you have your hand on (?!!?) than to dive 15000 feet to find it.  I've seen such cables running up onto the beaches in the Seychelles with big warning signs all around them.  We've got some sort of Bermuda triangle thing going here.

rshetts
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2004, 03:41:32 PM »

Kate: Gee, I'm really worried about Sayid. After you both tortured Sawyer he ran away. I'm really worried.
Jack: Don't worry, he'll be fine.
Kate: (in angry voice) You shouldn't have tortured Sawyer!

Huh? She's cool with Sayid torturing people, but is mad with Jack?

Shes pretty much put Jack on a pedestal and wasnt happy to see him slip abit.  It also cause conflict for her as her attraction to Sawyer increases.  Did you catch it when she said to Sawyer  " from one outcast to another" ?
 Shes put them both in a group now.  She also took his bet on the Doc.  Theres definately a triangle developing here.  Kinda lame, but Ill bet it gets real interesting when we find out more about Jacks past and how much of a real shitheel he was.  Ill bet it puts him in a worse light than Sawyers past did.  
 One plot point that really bothered me was after seeing Sayeeds past and his aversion to torture, how could he even suggest they torture Sawyer, let alone do it?  I know there are some rationalizations for it, like the girls life was at stake etc, still it seems like torture would be something Sayeed wouldnt resort to again.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2004, 04:33:24 PM »

Gameoverman wrote:

What i was referring to is that Sawyer came out of his self imposed exile and interacted with the other castaways by coming out to be with them and placing a bet on Jack's golf shot.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
TheGameAh
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2004, 04:36:38 PM »

I've missed a few in between episodes.  I missed Jack's story.  In what way is he a jerk?  Seems cool to me.
Qbert
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2004, 05:00:01 PM »

I don't think Sayid has an adversion to torture, I think his last experience was just a bad one.

Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2004, 05:07:44 PM »

I'm surprised the french woman's line: "There are no monsters" hasn't been brought up yet.  To me that's the first statement or real clue we've had as viewers as to the possibilities of what is or isn't happening on the island.  She also mentioned that "the others" succumbed to "the infection", which either was real or real enough in her mind to kill them.  Sayid asks her point blank, "When you said 'it killed them all', that was you, you're the one who killed them?"  And her reply was something like "I had to they were infected."  

This episode provided several decent clues about the story, and additional questions:
1.  The french woman is alive and real.
2.  She has managed to survive for 16 years, how?
3.  What is "the infection"?
4.  What is black rock, and have any of the current survivors been there?
5.  How did she not get the infection?
6.  When she said "there are no monsters", what then is the truth behind what they've been seeing?
7.  When Locke said he had been to the center of the island and had seen the heart of the island, had he actually been to black rock?  Is he a carrier for the "infection?"
8.  The sedative that she gave Sayid, was there anything else in those shots?  
9.  What if there is a prime carrier of the infection, and she was it for her group, and Locke could possibly be it for Jack's group?  That might explain why she didn't want to go back with Sayid and expose the new group.  It would also explain why she said he couldn't leave and go back to his group.  Her last comments when they parted were something to the effect of "keep an eye on them now."
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2004, 05:17:00 PM »

I thought it was a mediocre episode, but still worth watching. I dont like the Kate-Sawyer angle. I thought kate and Jack had immediate chemistry, and sometimes if you are going with a love story, you dont need a triangle, just let it happen and take it from there. I am a big jack fan too, I have a feeling that his shame is nothing criminal, but probably either his failing as a doctor or a decision not to practice or something like that. The promos for next week leave me kind of bleh, too. The pregnant chick is not very compelling at all.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2004, 05:21:13 PM »

Quote from: "Rage"
I thought it was a mediocre episode, but still worth watching. I dont like the Kate-Sawyer angle. I thought kate and Jack had immediate chemistry, and sometimes if you are going with a love story, you dont need a triangle, just let it happen and take it from there. I am a big jack fan too, I have a feeling that his shame is nothing criminal, but probably either his failing as a doctor or a decision not to practice or something like that. The promos for next week leave me kind of bleh, too. The pregnant chick is not very compelling at all.

Why is she not compelling?

Wake up.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2004, 06:17:54 PM »

Because other than the fact that you think she is super hot (kinda wierd, pregnant chicks never did it for me)-she is a one hit wonder-lets worry about her giving birth and taking care of the kid. So far there is no depth whatsoever to the character and she feels like a token problem in the making and love interest for the hobbit.
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2004, 07:04:57 PM »

Quote from: "Daehawk"
Gameoverman wrote:

What i was referring to is that Sawyer came out of his self imposed exile and interacted with the other castaways by coming out to be with them and placing a bet on Jack's golf shot.

Oh, that's an easy one to figure out, as far as I see it. Kate asked him to, in as direct a way as she asks anyone.  We have seen that where ever Kate goes, Sawyer follows.  Taking his bet was Kate's acknowledgement that her invite brought him out. So Sawyer's move was really an interaction with Kate, via the others.
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2004, 07:27:11 PM »

My new questions from this episode:
About the French woman

1. Why did she keep a nonfunctioning gun laying around? If she has the firing pin, why wasn't it in the gun? If she doesn't, why didn't she just put the gun away?
2. Did she have that torture device already set up or did she build it while waiting for Sayid to awaken?
3. What could be worse than bears rampaging through your camp?(she said "if we're lucky, it's just bears")
4.  The drugs she gave Sayid, do drugs keep for 16 years? I thought they went bad after awhile.
5. Why did she immediately assume Sayid had anything to do with her kid Alex?  Does this mean the kid only recently went missing, so when Sayid showed up the timing suggested he was involved?  But if that's true, why did she mention not having anyone to talk to for a long time?

About Sayid:

1. All those papers he took, was that his stuff that she was examining or was that hers?  If it was hers, why did he steal it?

About Jack:

1. Jack isn't the least bit concerned that he helped torture Sawyer and now it seems Sawyer couldn't care less? That doesn't seem weird to Jack?
Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2004, 07:33:33 PM »

About Jack:

1. Jack isn't the least bit concerned that he helped torture Sawyer and now it seems Sawyer couldn't care less? That doesn't seem weird to Jack?

My suspicion about this is that he's already put it out of his mind. Not to say he's forgotten the whole torture incident, but that as far as he's concerned its of little consequence. His entire focus is on keeping everyone healthy and safe, so much so that everything else pales in comparison. Could be wrong though *shrugs*

Ascendent
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2004, 07:47:05 PM »

If I tortured a guy, I'd be worried about payback.  We, the audience, know about Sawyer wanting to be punished and all that, but Jack, as a character, doesn't know it. I'm curious about his lack of concern.
hentzau
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2004, 08:32:03 PM »

So was I the only one that caught a reference from Danielle to "the Lost", apparently talking about another group of people, or the people that were whispering in the jungle?

Suddenly the title has a second meaning...
Kurth
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2004, 11:12:37 PM »

Also, what's with the creepy beginning to the Sayid torture scene where Danielle keeps repeating "Where is Alex" in about 40 different languages?  That strike anyone as odd?  Who does she think Sayid is?  Also, how did she get to be so multi-lingual (yeah, I know, there are a million and one simple explanations to this, but as someone who failed to master even one additional language, it strikes me as quite amazing).

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2004, 01:46:06 AM »

Quote from: "gameoverman"
About Sayid:

1. All those papers he took, was that his stuff that she was examining or was that hers?  If it was hers, why did he steal it?

One of the papers, the first one he grabbed, looked like a map of the island.  Not sure what was on the others.
ravenvii

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2004, 02:06:48 AM »

Is this show so damn good it spins off multi-page threads after each and every episode?

I'll probably watch this when it inevitably comes out on DVD.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: