http://gamingtrend.com
October 01, 2014, 11:21:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [TV] Howard Stern Returning to NBC for America's Got Talent  (Read 874 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: December 16, 2011, 07:11:43 AM »

OK, this could be interesting:

XNBC ANNOUNCES HOWARD STERN AS THE NEW JUDGE ON THE TOP-RATED SUMMER COMPETITION SERIES “AMERICA’S GOT TALENT” AS IT HEADS INTO SEASON SEVEN

Series Finds a New Home as Production of the Live Shows Moves to New York

Auditions for Season Seven Continue Around the Country

UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif. – December 15, 2011 – NBC announced today that Howard Stern, American radio personality, television host and author, will serve as the new judge on the top-rated summer alternative series “America’s Got Talent,” produced by FremantleMedia North America and Simon Cowell’s SYCO Television.

Stern will provide his feedback on the colorful array of hopeful future stars who are currently auditioning in major cities around the country for the show’s upcoming seventh season.

Production of the live shows of “America’s Got Talent” also will be moving to New York, where Stern will continue to helm his SiriusXM radio program.

The announcement was made by Paul Telegdy, President, Alternative and Late Night Programming, NBC.

“Howard Stern’s larger-than-life personality will bring a thrilling new dynamic to ‘America’s Got Talent’ starting this summer,” said Telegdy. “He’s a proven innovator and his track record in broadcasting is truly remarkable. Howard is very passionate about this show and is fully committed to its future success.”

Stern helped to transform American radio and put syndicated satellite radio on the map on SiriusXM. As the outspoken, unedited and headline-grabbing host of “The Howard Stern Show” radio program, Stern was nationally syndicated from 1986 to 2005 and became a pop-culture icon with a massive loyal fan base. Since 1987, he has hosted numerous television shows, record-breaking pay-per-view events and home video releases. He also embarked on a five-month political campaign for governor of New York in 1994.

His two books, “Private Parts” (1993) and “Miss America” (1995), spent 20 and 16 weeks, respectively, on The New York Times bestseller list. The first book became a national sensation and was adapted into the feature film “Private Parts” (1997), a biographical comedy film that starred Stern and his radio show staff -- and was a box-office success. Additionally, Stern performed on the film’s soundtrack which topped the Billboard 200 chart. Stern currently broadcasts his show “Howard 100” on the SiriusXM satellite radio station.

"America's Got Talent" was the #1 non-sports telecast on ABC, CBS, NBC or Fox in total viewers every week it aired over the summer of 2011, making it the #1 summer series in total viewers for a sixth year in a row. Last summer, "America's Got Talent" delivered its highest-rated cycle ever.

“America’s Got Talent” is the only talent competition show that is open to any age and any talent. Auditions for season seven kicked off in October with upcoming open calls set for Austin, Texas, Charlotte, N.C. and San Francisco, Calif. For all the latest information and to pre-register, go to www.AGTauditions.com.

“America’s Got Talent” is produced by FremantleMedia North America and Simon Cowell’s SYCO Television. Simon Cowell, Cecile Frot-Coutaz (“American Idol”), Jason Raff, Ken Warwick (“American Idol”) and Georgie Hurford-Jones are executive producers.

so, what are the odds that Stern gets kicked from the show early on, or will he behave?

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 01:45:58 PM »

He won't get kicked from the show. The hardest part will be getting him to shut up. He tends to take over any television show he is on. Take a look at any of his Letterman or other late night appearances, he literally drives the entire show and the host just gets to sit back and watch. So when it comes time to say his piece about each contestant they may struggle to limit his time, especially on the live shows.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 03:04:02 PM »

IN!

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Jag

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 04:15:38 PM »

So in!

People don't realize how engaging Howard can be. His interviews are amazing. I'm sure he will bring that same insight into the show.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 04:17:11 PM by Jag » Logged
Crusis

Horror hack extraordinaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2011, 04:54:29 PM »

I have never watched this show or Idol. But with Stern on? I may have to change my ways. I like Howard's brutal honesty.

I get paid to write books. It's a thing. http://timothywlong.com
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2011, 05:50:50 PM »

I love Howard, but I do hope he avoids turning the show into a soapbox to err his many grievances against former employees.  He pulls that crap every time contract renewals come up, then immediately afterwards for up to a year as he bemoans his "unfair treatment".  I just want you to dance, monkey!  Not tell me your troubles!  icon_wink

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2011, 06:34:36 PM »

PIGFUCKER!

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2011, 06:39:00 PM »

Quote from: Kagath on December 16, 2011, 06:34:36 PM

PIGFUCKER!

mom?

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2011, 06:48:53 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on December 16, 2011, 06:39:00 PM

PIGFUCKER!

mom?
Paul Giamatti in Private Parts.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2011, 06:49:48 PM »

Quote from: Kagath on December 16, 2011, 06:48:53 PM

Quote from: hepcat on December 16, 2011, 06:39:00 PM

PIGFUCKER!

mom?
Paul Giamatti in Private Parts.

Ah...same thing.

Covenant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2011, 07:11:38 PM »

Pig Virus in real life, Pig Vomit in the movie
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 07:13:57 PM by Covenant » Logged
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2011, 08:28:29 PM »

"Can I call you pigfucker?"
"Only my friends can call me pigfucker"
-Baseketball.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2011, 09:15:26 PM »

If he's the new judge, who's out?
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2011, 11:00:50 PM »

Quote from: JayDee on December 18, 2011, 09:15:26 PM

If he's the new judge, who's out?

Piers Morgan has left the show to focus on his CNN show and defending his reputation after the British tabloid phone-tapping scandal.

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2011, 01:06:01 AM »

Thank god NBC execs. I can't stand Piers.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2012, 08:59:48 AM »

so, anyone catch this last week?  I almost forgot but caught the first episode online.  Stern was fairly tame, and I wonder if any nastiness got edited out since they obviously had a ton of material.

my personal fave of night one was the earth harp guy, that was just incredible.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Covenant

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2012, 03:14:41 PM »

Yep, I watched the first two episodes and enjoyed them quite a bit.  Sharon/Howie/Howard seem to have a good rapport going and the show is fun and enjoyable to watch as a result. 
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2012, 03:43:06 PM »

I listen to howard every morning on my way to work and then on my way home.  I absolutely hate it when he gets mixed up in side projects like this as he ends up schilling for it on his show endlessly.  He does the same thing whenever he has a legal issue with someone...as he does now with Sirius.  I don't want to hear you being a salesman, damn it.  I want you to be my dancing monkey!

Devil

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2012, 03:46:06 PM »

hep - His life is the show. His dancing monkey routine is all about what happens outside the 5 hours he's on the radio.

Actually don't mind the lawsuit/AGT talk. It's all funny stuff in the end.

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2012, 03:53:47 PM »

I agree that his life is the show, but AGT and the lawsuits (when he was leaving terrestrial radio/his current beef with Sirius) dominate the conversation for huge chunks of time when they are brought up, and they usually involve nothing but the same few sound bites over and over and over again.  And in the case of AGT, he turns into "Disney Stern" whenever talking about that insipid show...and that's NOT the Stern I love to listen to.  Jim Belushi would be funnier.

Stern is funniest when he's all over the place, riffing on his guests, his family life, his past, etc..  The other stuff just comes across as extended tv commercials.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 03:56:27 PM by hepcat » Logged

Devil

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2012, 01:43:59 AM »

I agree to a point. Still funnier than most when's he's at his worst.

Also think they need someone in the Artie chair, but with only a few years left, probably not wort it to try and build chemistry.

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2012, 03:22:11 AM »

God I miss Artie.  As messed up as he was, he was still hilarious.  The story he told about the lowest point in his life (dressed as pig for a madtv skit, was waiting for his scene and decided to go buy some blow.  While driving back, decided to snort some at a red light.  Looked over and saw a family in the car next to him watching fat guy in a pig suit doing coke.) had me in stitches for hours...and made me feel badly for him at the same time.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 03:27:44 AM by hepcat » Logged

Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2012, 03:59:03 AM »

Loved the guy who kept getting hit in the balls... reminded me of "Ouch My Balls" in Idiocracy
Covenant

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2012, 12:27:05 PM »

Whatcha gonna do?
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2012, 02:01:54 PM »

Quote from: Devil on May 22, 2012, 01:43:59 AM

I agree to a point. Still funnier than most when's he's at his worst.

Also think they need someone in the Artie chair, but with only a few years left, probably not wort it to try and build chemistry.

I agree that someone needs to be in the chair. I wish they would put Jim Brewer in there, he already works for Sirius and he's always great on the show, and lets face it, his career could use the boost it would give him.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2012, 02:07:15 PM »

I know Howard loves Brewer, but I cannot stand the guy.  He always comes across as a slightly less annoying Robin Williams to me.

Devil

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2012, 05:06:42 PM »

Brewer might be good if he DOESN'T DO IMPRESSIONS!!! That Pesci thing that he did for a whole day was annoying as hell.

Jag

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2012, 09:40:20 PM »

Quote from: Devil on May 22, 2012, 05:06:42 PM

Brewer might be good if he DOESN'T DO IMPRESSIONS!!! That Pesci thing that he did for a whole day was annoying as hell.

That's most of his schtick. I don't mind Brewer, but I can see him getting annoying once he was over his Howard awe.

I was watching the balls guy with my kids and the three of us were cringing and laughing. I decided to use it as a teaching lesson 'don't do stuff like that'.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: