http://gamingtrend.com
September 01, 2014, 02:03:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [TV] Helix  (Read 929 times)
corruptrelic
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: March 19, 2013, 03:25:23 PM »

The SyFy television network this week officially greenlit Helix, a new scripted series from Battlestar Galactica showrunner Ronald D. Moore. Thursday's announcement confirms earlier reports of Moore's involvement, though the network has yet to name a release date, saying only that the show will debut "later this year."

SyFy described Helix (a working title) as "an intense thriller" about a team of scientists from the Center for Disease Control. After being sent to the Arctic to investigate a possible disease outbreak, they soon become entangled in a far more apocalyptic affair, facing "a terrifying life-and-death struggle that holds the key to mankindís salvation or total annihilation."

http://www.theverge.com/2013/3/8/4078404/syfy-confirms-helix-show-from-battlestar-galactica-creator-ron-moore

Sounds like it could be interesting, especially since it's coming from Moore.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 12:53:03 PM »

Production has started..

Syfyís newest original scripted series Helix from Sony Pictures Television began production this past weekend in Montreal, Canada. The 13-episode drama is executive produced by Ronald D. Moore (Battlestar Galactica, Outlander), Steven Maeda (Lost, The X-Files) who is also showrunner, and Lynda Obst (Sleepless in Seattle, Contact). Cameron Porsandeh, who wrote the pilot, will serve as a Co-Executive Producer.

Helix is an intense thriller about a team of scientists from the Centers for Disease Control who travel to a high-tech research facility in the Arctic to investigate a possible disease outbreak, only to find themselves pulled into a terrifying life-and-death struggle that may hold the key to mankindís salvation or total annihilation.  However, the lethal threat is just the tip of the iceberg, and as the virus evolves, the chilling truth begins to unravel.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/07/31/syfys-new-thriller-helix-from-ronald-d-moore-begins-production-in-montreal/194999/ 

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 10:29:07 PM »

Official trailer up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIthI2sKfu4

corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 11:49:33 PM »

7 more days  drool

ravenvii

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 07:56:51 PM »

First 15 minutes.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/1/3/5271544/watch-the-first-15-minutes-of-the-new-syfy-series-helix-right-now
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2014, 09:20:42 PM »

Looks ok. Too bad I downgraded my cable package so don't get sci-fi anymore - hopefully it'll be on Netflix at some point. Noticed they used the word "frak" so wondering if this plays in the Battlestar Galactica universe.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2014, 12:05:30 AM »

Anyone else watch this?

I enjoyed it even though my nose was so stuffed up I couldn't breathe half the time lol.  Well paced and pretty creepy. .I don't see how they can sustain a story like this for an extended period of time, so that will be interesting.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2014, 01:53:34 PM »

It's starting well enough.

Needs a few more episodes to see how it goes.

Seems to still be a lot of "professionals doing stupid things" though.
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2014, 04:33:30 AM »

Incredible start. Just as good as I had hoped.

Of course they had to get rid of the hot Doctor though.

corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2014, 11:36:21 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on January 14, 2014, 12:05:30 AM

Anyone else watch this?

I enjoyed it even though my nose was so stuffed up I couldn't breathe half the time lol.  Well paced and pretty creepy. .I don't see how they can sustain a story like this for an extended period of time, so that will be interesting.

If there are approximately 120 people on base, and they kill off, say 4 or 5 every episode, that should give us enough for 2 seasons. Then at the end of season 2 they send a new batch of people to find out what happened to the last batch, rinse repeat and recycle. It can go on forever!

Hell of a show so far as I'm hooked. Wouldn't have expected anything less from the guy who did Battlestar Galactica.

Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2014, 03:23:56 AM »

So what happened with this show? I don't have syfy channel so only was able to watch that 10 minute preview. I never heard any buzz about it after the initial premiere. Great show? Just ok? Not worth the time?
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2014, 01:20:21 PM »

Absolutely love Helix. It's taken a few interesting turns and twists throughout the season, and even introduced a woman who has two male first names - Jeri Ryan!

Hopefully it's renewed for a second season.

hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2014, 01:42:55 PM »

It's got a lot of minor plot holes and incongruities that will make your eyes roll at times, but the main story has me intrigued.  Especially after the last couple of episodes. 

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2014, 11:46:29 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on March 13, 2014, 01:42:55 PM

It's got a lot of minor plot holes and incongruities that will make your eyes roll at times, but the main story has me intrigued.  Especially after the last couple of episodes. 

Like The Following, I feel like the show has gone kinda bonkers and jumped the shark for lack of a better term.  But like The Following I totally am into watching the show every week.  And like The Following they have some dudes I like to look at (for some reason I'm totally into that fat dude but also the evil soldier dude). 

Spoiler for Hiden:
WTF you get 7 of 9 on your show then she's only in 2 episodes and you chop her head off?  Stupid, stupid, stupid!!!
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2014, 12:40:55 PM »

The Following makes Helix look like Citizen Kane.  

Helix may have some stupid characters and some odd issues with the arctic weather that seems to be dangerously cold at one point, and a mild winter at others; but The Following (at least its first season) was just complete nonsense from the beginning.  At least the premise in Helix is fun. 

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2014, 09:13:18 PM »

Spoiler for Hiden:
Nooooo!  They killed off my fatty!  I knew things looked bad for him when I saw he was live tweeting the episode.  Same thing happened to Jeri Ryan and I noticed he's been in the Guest Star category.  At least his twin is still alive... for now.
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2014, 09:44:45 PM »

Damn if he was "fat" I'd hate to think what you consider Kevin Smith or John Goodman.

corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2014, 10:05:48 PM »

Renewed for a second season, but "Winter 2015" premier? Over a year and a half to wait might have people losing interest.

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2014, 01:45:03 PM »

Sheesh, how much hatred do you have to have for a person to throw their dead mother's head at them?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: