http://gamingtrend.com
October 23, 2014, 12:44:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [tv] Grimm  (Read 834 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: January 30, 2011, 06:35:45 AM »

cops and fairy tales, oh my!  NBC seems to be looking for something out of the normal, which is good, but will they understand it might not be an immediate hit and give it time to grow?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 06:28:50 PM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 01:42:08 PM »

Eh, I'm more looking forward to the TV adaptation of the Fables comics. I wonder what happened to those.
theohall

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 01:50:42 PM »

Well, there was this show once call The Dresden Files which only lasted for one season.  I know, the books are better. icon_smile
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 06:09:42 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on January 30, 2011, 01:42:08 PM

Eh, I'm more looking forward to the TV adaptation of the Fables comics. I wonder what happened to those.

NBC dropped the rights, and ABC picked them up for Fall 2009.  obviously nothing happened with it that season.  last I heard  the plans fell through and they were talking a movie instead.

Because I can,
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 06:14:46 PM »

There are also the Nursery Crimes books by Jasper Fforde, (The Big Over Easy and The Fourth Bear) which is also "cops against fairy tales".  Not that they're being turned into a TV show, but it sounds like some of these may have been "inspired' by them.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 01:50:16 PM »

Heh, looks like other stations heard about Fables, saw that it was held up in red tape, and decided to run with the idea.

I've always liked the idea of normal cops, or at least, normal procedural cops, dealing with very not normal situations, whether that's Fables, or the Powers comics.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 03:56:21 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on January 31, 2011, 01:50:16 PM

Heh, looks like other stations heard about Fables, saw that it was held up in red tape, and decided to run with the idea.

I've always liked the idea of normal cops, or at least, normal procedural cops, dealing with very not normal situations, whether that's Fables, or the Powers comics.

I would love to see Powers done as a series.  I really need to see if my library has the trades since I had to stop reading it back in '04.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

Quote from: McBa1n
http://www.vuvuzela.fm BVVVVVVVVVVVRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2011, 03:59:33 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on January 31, 2011, 03:56:21 PM

Quote from: Turtle on January 31, 2011, 01:50:16 PM

I would love to see Powers done as a series.  I really need to see if my library has the trades since I had to stop reading it back in '04.

I posted awhile back that FX was working on a pilot for Powers, but I don't think there's been any real news on that for a year now.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2011, 07:14:17 PM »

just watched the first episode of Grimm, and I kinda liked it.  it has a definite Buffy feel, and felt more engaging than the Once Upon a Time premiere.

Because I can,
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2011, 12:37:02 AM »

It wasnt bad.  Definitely a bit darker and grittier than Once Upon a Time. 

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2011, 03:13:21 AM »

Why the hell would they place Grimm the same time as Supernatural???
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2011, 10:56:50 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 30, 2011, 07:14:17 PM

just watched the first episode of Grimm, and I kinda liked it.  it has a definite Buffy feel, and felt more engaging than the Once Upon a Time premiere.

You might be getting the Buffy/Angel feel cause David Greenwalt is one of the producers.  Hopefully, this bodes well as I was more engaged than I was with Once upon a time

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Shinjin
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2011, 01:44:41 PM »

Definitely enjoyed it.  The only down side is that my local NBC affiliate airs high school football on Friday nights, so here's hoping that they continue to re-air Grimm Sunday mornings at 1.03a.
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2011, 06:04:44 PM »

My wife and I are trying to decide whether this is a good show or not. The first episode was decent enough, but the second (bears) was pretty bad.

One thing that really got on my nerves was how they stretched out killing off his aunt only to have him learn nothing new from her. If she wasn't going to be able to tell him anything, why the hell keep dragging it out?

So far, the only consistently entertaining part of the show has been the werewolf guy.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2011, 07:30:13 PM »

Quote from: rickfc on November 07, 2011, 06:04:44 PM

My wife and I are trying to decide whether this is a good show or not. The first episode was decent enough, but the second (bears) was pretty bad.

One thing that really got on my nerves was how they stretched out killing off his aunt only to have him learn nothing new from her. If she wasn't going to be able to tell him anything, why the hell keep dragging it out?

So far, the only consistently entertaining part of the show has been the werewolf guy.

My first thought is she isn't dead... Yet.  Maybe a fake death to take the heat off her

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2013, 06:34:29 PM »

since this had made it to a third season I decided it was finally time to jump on board after having to bail due to two other shows being on in the same time slot shortly after the series started.  got the first 3 discs of season one from Netflix and watched the first 5 episodes, and then today Amazon put it up for free streaming for Prime members.  Liking it, but really waiting for the show to hit its stride.  so far it's monster of the week with some hint of a grand plot; I'm assuming it gets beyond that, hopefully soon in the season?

Because I can,
TK-421

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2013, 07:15:28 PM »

Some coworkers and I almost walked onto the set during filming of an episode.

We were in Portland to attend a company wide network department meeting.  We were walking to a bar after dinner when we came to an intersection that was cordoned off and had a guy posted to keep people from walking through the set. 

We asked if they needed any extras and he said "no, we're fine" which was OK with me as I wanted to get my drink on.  smile

Open the blast doors!  Open the blast doors!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: