http://gamingtrend.com
October 01, 2014, 09:21:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [TV] Glee Season 2  (Read 2865 times)
papasmurff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2011, 03:32:22 AM »

best quote.... my lips are sealed... just like your legs.

In other news:  them singing original songs is going to go over like a lead balloon...

Gaming Tag: papa smurff 4
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2011, 07:14:47 PM »

Quote from: papasmurff on March 09, 2011, 03:32:22 AM

best quote.... my lips are sealed... just like your legs.

In other news:  them singing original songs is going to go over like a lead balloon...

lol great line!

The episode like most others this season was kind of all over the place from a plot standpoint, but at this point who really cares.  It's all about the song numbers and watching the actors/characters you like.  What I found most interesting was how different an experience it is/was to hear the songs (I had downloaded them early on at the dentist) and then watch how they are performed/dance/sung on the show.  Kiss sounded decent as a track, but as a hot tango dance number it was jaw-droppingly cool.  But what really got me was Landslide.  Wow.  I've always found Santana amusing but hadn't thought much of her as an actress.  Consider me blown away.  The scene actually brought tears to my eyes, I thought she did an absolutely amazing job conveying a myriad of mixed emotions while singing the song.  That may have been my favorite moment of the entire year, and that's saying a lot because there have been some fantastic sequences throughout.

As for the original songs, you'll have to see what you think.  I've listened to them both and I think they are great - keeping in mind they are supposed to be written by a 17yo girl.  They are produced by the same guy who did a lot of Britney songs, so they are certainly on that level of "depth."  The big track which I think could become a hit has to be Loser Like Me - an anthemic, self-motivational tribute song that is incredibly catchy and incorporates lines straight from the show.  It's too bad Kurt won't be part of the performance because a couple of the lines were his ("you'll be washing my car" etc).  The second one is a bittersweet solo ballad for Lea, and she does a nice job with it.  Lyrics fit perfectly within the show for her relationship with Finn.  All in all good stuff.
papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2011, 03:37:40 AM »

i've been wondering how much the artists get from the song sales on iTunes... off to google!

Gaming Tag: papa smurff 4
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2011, 10:39:31 PM »

Minor pimpage - Regionals tonight!!!
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2011, 04:56:04 PM »

So Ritt, what did you think? My wife made me watch "the scene" before we went to bed. She was very happy for Kirk (Kurt?)

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2011, 06:55:29 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on March 16, 2011, 04:56:04 PM

So Ritt, what did you think? My wife made me watch "the scene" before we went to bed. She was very happy for Kirk (Kurt?)

Lol, that was a pretty decent kiss and well earned after a lot of heartache!!  It's kind of uncomfortable to watch Kurt kissing anyone because he's almost androgynous, butt they pulled it off pretty well, and that Darren Kriss is so damn dreamy.  Aside from Trout Lips (poor guy), he's probably the best kisser on the show lol. 

I really enjoyed the 2 main original songs, and they are (as expected) #1 and #2 on the iTunes chart today (prob won't last long but still).  The boys did a nice job as well with the Pink song and the duet.  I also liked the Hell No song as well, a lot of fun.

Will be interesting to see how they integrate Kurt on the show now that they lost; it would be cheesy but somehow it seems like they'll need to get him (and Darren) onto New Directions to take on the Nationals.  I'm kind of tired of having them seem like they are off on another spinoff show.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: