http://gamingtrend.com
October 23, 2014, 09:50:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [TV] Glee Season 2  (Read 2885 times)
rittchard
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: September 22, 2010, 07:03:32 PM »

Premiere was fun but a bit disappointing, something seemed a bit off and disjointed but perhaps that was intentional.   I like that they are bringing in some fresh characters, but it felt like some of the rest of the cast was a bit short-changed, not to mention some of the characters from last season being completely MIA.

But anyway, next week: BRTINEY!!!  Oh baby, baby.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 07:07:30 PM »

I'm finishing up with season 1 (just finished the Power of Madonna, incredible episode) but my power was out when it came on so I'm going to have to catch it on Hulu.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 07:29:59 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 22, 2010, 07:07:30 PM

I'm finishing up with season 1 (just finished the Power of Madonna, incredible episode) but my power was out when it came on so I'm going to have to catch it on Hulu.

I'm so disappointing in you now CeeKay. Your coolnees level just went straight down to zero for admitting that you watch Glee.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 07:38:38 PM »

but but but.....

Because I can,
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 07:39:16 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on September 22, 2010, 07:29:59 PM

I'm so disappointing in you now CeeKay. Your coolnees level just went straight down to zero for admitting that you watch Glee.

He had a coolness level?

A lot of the GT community watches Glee.  Fun music, quirky episodes, entertaining storylines, and talented performers.  It's cooler and more fun to watch it than not to just because the "cool" kids make fun of it.  

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2010, 07:42:38 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on September 22, 2010, 07:39:16 PM

Quote from: Scraper on September 22, 2010, 07:29:59 PM

He had a coolness level?

no, I had a coolnees level.  it's one above the regular coolness level.

Because I can,
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2010, 07:45:34 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 22, 2010, 07:42:38 PM

Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2010, 09:02:27 PM »

Damn, the premiere was last night? I'm not sure that the DVR got it.  I need to check the season pass list.  Quick, to the torrents!

Geezer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2010, 09:07:50 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on September 22, 2010, 07:45:34 PM

How the hell could anyone even put *4* polo shirts on and not be miserable?  WTF.
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2010, 11:07:53 PM »

Quote from: Geezer on September 22, 2010, 09:07:50 PM

How the hell could anyone even put *4* polo shirts on and not be miserable?  WTF.

I don't even like wearing one.  But sometimes coolness takes precedence over comfort.   icon_wink

Jimmy the Fish

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2010, 04:54:23 PM »

Last night's Britney Spears tribute episode was the BEST SHOW EVER.

"It feels like a Jewish cloud."   icon_lol
ibdoomed

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2010, 12:57:25 PM »

Quote from: Geezer on September 22, 2010, 09:07:50 PM

Quote from: PeteRock on September 22, 2010, 07:45:34 PM

And a T-Shirt underneath to boot.
Jiffy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2010, 01:40:09 PM »

Quote from: Jimmy the Fish on September 29, 2010, 04:54:23 PM

Last night's Britney Spears tribute episode was the BEST SHOW EVER.

"It feels like a Jewish cloud."   icon_lol

I honestly thought it was terrible. Almost no story progression, the musical numbers were almost all pretty much recreation of music videos and shoehorned in via a silly mechanism, and the entire thing felt entirely wasted.

I will say that Brittany, finally getting solos, was indeed fantastic (and a stellar dancer).
Clay

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2010, 03:07:36 PM »

Yeah, Brittany was hilarious and fantastic. The show seems a bit off this season -- like they're trying to subdue the characters and story and just do more music. The music is good, but it's the context of the stories that makes it great.

xbox live: nude rick james
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2010, 08:26:53 PM »

Quote from: Clay on September 30, 2010, 03:07:36 PM

Yeah, Brittany was hilarious and fantastic. The show seems a bit off this season -- like they're trying to subdue the characters and story and just do more music. The music is good, but it's the context of the stories that makes it great.

Oh baby baby!

Yeah I totally agree on the "off" feel - the whole episode felt like it was devoid of the soul/emotion that drove the majority of the show last year.... up until the last number, where I felt like they did redeem a bit of the right energy.  Looks like next week will get them back on track with some tear jerking storyline.

Still, Brittany's dancing was absolutely amazing, dare I say better or at least on par with the original?
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2010, 09:05:45 PM »

Well, the second half of last year was already heading down this path. The show was refreshing as it felt like it was actually about the glee club and you could almost believe they were singing live. Nowadays the episodes are so filled with videos, episodes of the week, and synthing the voices that it doesn't feel the same at all. Somewhat entertaining still, but I'm on the verge of dropping it...
Jimmy the Fish

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2010, 10:46:52 PM »

Wow, I guess I am just not as demanding as some of you. I thought the episode was excellent. Sure, it didn't really advance much of the story arcs but there's still an entire season for that. I still love the show because they mix things up so much with episodes like this week's, and last season's Madonna tribute.

Oh well, to each their own.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2010, 06:01:21 PM »

Quote from: Jimmy the Fish on September 30, 2010, 10:46:52 PM

Wow, I guess I am just not as demanding as some of you. I thought the episode was excellent. Sure, it didn't really advance much of the story arcs but there's still an entire season for that. I still love the show because they mix things up so much with episodes like this week's, and last season's Madonna tribute.

Oh well, to each their own.

I still love the show and have complete faith in it, but maybe my expectations were a little too high coming off of last season.  I thought the finale was fantastic so the premiere came off a little more disjointed relative to my hopes, I guess.  I realize they were trying to establish some new characters and cover all the changes over the summer, so that's always awkward to do when you need to cover all your other bases as well.  All the flipping of characters and relationships felt a little contrived (or maybe rushed is a better word) to me, but clearly it's all for set up for good stuff later.

I think this episode as a standalone was great, but like the Madonna ep, I think it might have fit better somewhere more in the middle of the season.  I think I would have liked a couple more conventional episodes for establishing the new cast members, along with the more "normal" (vs fantasy/video) songs sung together as a club before going with one like this.  It looks like I'm getting some of that next week so I'm happy.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2010, 05:40:54 PM »

As expected, a big departure from last week's Britney-fest.  Maybe a bit too jarring in the other direction, I don't know, the show is almost kind of schizo thus far (some might say unfocused) relative to season 1.

Another minor nit, I'm wondering if anyone else noticed, but a couple of the songs/singers sound even more modified than last season (Amber Riley and Finn in particular), which kind of bugs me.  I actually enjoy the more "raw" sound from the singers, even if they occasionally go out of tune or whatever, that's part of the charm.

All that said, I did appreciate the emotional core and the song choices were excellent for the most part, very well done.  The Cheezus sandwich was.... well I'm not sure lol, I don't know if people found it amusing or ridiculous or both.  I love the actor who plays Finn so I'll let him get away with it.  Great emotional moments from Sue and Kurt and the whole topic of spirituality was handled nicely.

Next week: Duets!  Sounds fun smile
Jimmy the Fish

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2010, 06:26:33 PM »

Yeah it was a total swing in the opposite direction compared to last week. They really skirted the line of being too preachy with all the differing statements on spirituality and religion. However, it was still emotionally engaging. The thing I really connected with is the stuff involving Sue and her sister. It continually amazes me that they have this character who is 90% of the time a bit of a one-trick pony, but granted a really really entertaining and well written one-trick pony, yet for me, it's when they do the bits between Sue and her sister that have the most impact. The contrast  between Sue's cast iron bitch and the quiet, charming person she becomes when she spends time with the sister is one of the most compelling things about the show in my opinion. I don't know how that works into the general plot lines overall because they seem like a side track from all the melodrama, but I really enjoy those scenes with the sister.

The grilled cheesus was bizarre.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2010, 06:38:41 PM »

I think I might end up putting Glee on the 'wait for DVD' list. There's way to many shows on right now and I still haven't caught the season premiere on Hulu.

Because I can,
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2010, 08:18:39 PM »

I wasn't a fan of last week's as it just had a creepy, weird feel (similar to the Kurt stalking Finn episode last season).  This week was a little better, especially since it wasn't restricted to only showing the faith/spirituality perspective and demonstrated the opposing viewpoint as well.  I appreciated some of the dialogue and the emotional elements as well.  Still, I feel like this season is starting off fairly slow and it just hasn't hit its stride yet.  I am looking forward to the duets episode, though.  It looks like it could be a lot of fun and may return to aspects that made Season 1 what it was.  It looks to have that "familiar" feel. 

At least we've gotten a break from the ridiculous fake baby nonsense.  And I laughed at the praying to grilled cheesus stuff.   icon_lol

McBa1n
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2010, 08:52:31 PM »

Grilled cheesus GO!
I gotta have one.
I really think this show is incredible when they avoid Rachesl for the majority of it. Yes, I know she can sing incredibly. Yes, I know she has no soul and is completely self-absorbed as a character... But yet, she's the last person I want to do a number right now (ok, run joey run from last season was totally awesome).
Focusing on Kurt and his pops was really engaging. Definitly a 'great' episode compared to that sellout Britney garbage from last week, which wasn't even much of a guilty pleasure - comparing it to the Madonna episode (amazing) is silly, to me. Haha Gleek snoberry! I like it!
Hopefully the show will continue to be this good, it really is the highlight of the week now that Tosh.o is done for the season.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2010, 09:36:23 AM »

"Duets" was amazing - great music and lots of character development (even Brittany).  I'm amazed at how much they can cram into an hour without it seeming overstuffed.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2010, 06:02:50 PM »

Quote from: EddieA on October 14, 2010, 09:36:23 AM

"Duets" was amazing - great music and lots of character development (even Brittany).  I'm amazed at how much they can cram into an hour without it seeming overstuffed.

Yeah this was the first ep of the season that I felt put them on track with last season, though noticeably missing was Mr. Schu or Sue or any of the adults really.  That's fine, since the kids have plenty of stuff to do on their own.  I was a little surprised that blondie turned out not to be Kurt's new love interest, since during the off season they had been hinting he'd get a real boyfriend this year.  I guess there are plenty more episodes for that.  I thought Santana and Mercedes easily beat the others for pure duet power, but I did enjoy all of the selections.  Odd that Puck was out for this episode.

The only plotline I had trouble swallowing was Artie making Brittany feel bad about doing him.  I get what the writers were going for ultimately, but seriously, it's not like he couldn't say no.  What a frickin' whiner, he should be happy he got to lose his virginity to an experienced sex fiend.  Whatever, dude, get over it and LEAVE BRITTANY ALONE!!!

I'm going to go through withdrawal missing a week of Glee, but I am totally excited about the Rocky Horror episode coming up.  The new blond boy as Rocky is just perfect casting.  Only 12 more days!
Freezer-TPF-

First in war and peace, second in the NL East.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2010, 06:48:35 PM »

Oh yeah, I am totally looking forward to Rocky Horror. thumbsup

Signature on file at the county clerk's office.
Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2010, 07:36:38 PM »

Loved the Duet's episode.  Need to change FTW to FTB  -- For the Breadsticks!  River Deep/Mountain High is now on my iPod, that was a great song (and the scene in the show was great as well).  Rocky Horror should be great.
Freezer-TPF-

First in war and peace, second in the NL East.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2010, 08:57:06 PM »

Ok, that was pretty good.  Not sure these are really spoilers but I don't want to ruin anyone's Rocky Horror fun.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Yay for the lips!  Loved the cameos by Mr Bostwick and Mr Loaf.  Amused by the forced lyrics changes in "Toucha Toucha Touch Me."  What they did with Frank and "Sweet Transvestite" was great, with bonus amusing lyrics changes (though I'm not sure why they had to change that one).  And lastly, Will definitely exploded the creepy meter on this one by attempting to insert himself into the . . . . . . . student show yet again, particularly in that specific role. Ewww.

Signature on file at the county clerk's office.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2010, 12:31:46 AM »

Rocky Horror Glee show!!!  

I both absolutely loved it and... didn't at the same time.  I had already downloaded the songs last week and had been listening to them so I was prepared for the lyric changes.  I also figured they would explain why some of the changes were made, and for the most part they did.  I thought the vocals all around were great, and was pleasantly surprised to see Charlie (sorry I can't remember her name aside from her being in Heroes) doing a number for once, no wonder I didn't recognize the voice.  All in all the ep was solid, but I think my expectations were just too high.

Unfortunately the Blu-Ray of the original just came out, so I ended up watching it last weekend in preparation.  As fun and memorable as ever, and as every time I watch it the end seems a little too whacked out and drawn out.  But in any case, it felt like they missed out on a number of fun songs and opportunities to advance and work the sexual tensions in the real plotlines as I had hoped/expected.  All in all as good as a job as they did, I think I was expecting more/better, particularly in terms of plot integration.  I think ultimately they decided, that just as they worked in the plot, they weren't ready to go for the full-on sexual nature of the show so they tempered it down as much as they could.  While I get the decision, I still feel like they missed some opportunities.

Spoiler for Hiden:
If Kurt had taken the more "obvious" role of Frankfurter, he would have had ample opportunity to explore flirtation with both Sam and Finn (keeping in line with the Rocky Horror plotline), which has already been established in the real plot.  While they mention Kurt's reasoning in the plot, they really don't give a solid reason; I enjoyed the vocal from Mercedes, but still a missed rare opportunity to allow Kurt to actually show some sexuality and maybe playfulness with making Sam/Finn uncomfortable.  Also leaving out "Make You a Man" - boo on that, I love that song!  I can still see the studio execs - America, ready for gay characters but not ready for actual gay sexuality! Finn and Rachel's lack of sex in their relationship could also have been explored, instead of going with the bizarre 180 of Finn being uncomfortable with his body.  Seriously?  He looked pretty damn fine/hot to me in his original shower scene in the premiere, and still looked great last night.  Speaking of which, Mr. Shu - omg yum yum yum!
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2010, 11:17:45 PM »

No comments?

I thought last night's ep was hands down the best of the season.  I didn't realize how much I missed having Puck in the show, but he's a hoot for sure.  Some great moments with Bieste and of course Kurt, and they mixed humor well with the song numbers.  The Teenage Dream sequence was fantastic, not just the singing and performance, which was tons of fun and only a little bit gay lol, but mostly for watching Kurt's reactions and feeling like there's actually some hope for the character to finally find some happiness.  I do like that they've found a way to address the "gay bullying" issue without being too preachy, and used it as a vehicle to advance Kurt's storyline.  Also, I was actually quite surprised by the "twist" even though in retrospect it seemed telegraphed all the way, curious if others found it obvious or not.  All in all a strong episode with some very cool mash-ups on top of great dialog, heart, humor and plot advancements.

It did dawn on me how much they've expanded the show to be more of a true ensemble, there's much less focus on the "core" characters (Finn, Rachel, Schuster) this season, for better or worse.  While it's nice to see everyone get their turn in the spotlight, I do wonder if it's making the show seem a little less coherent.  Or maybe it's just with all the excessive hype and guest stars, I almost feel like the show lost some of its charm from last year.

Speaking of which, next week - Academy Award Winner Gwyneth Paltrow singing Umbrella!?!?!  I'm there with bells on!!!  Seriously, I'm going to wear bells and nothing else while I watch this episode.
Rowdy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2010, 12:59:23 AM »

I've found this season in general and certain eps in particular to be far more preachy and far less fun than season 1.  This season seems to have an agenda; apparently we're going to focus on Kurt and his story and get hit over the head about inclusiveness all season long.  Last season was a fun show about a group of misfits coming together to band against Sue and her gang.  This season feels like a different show (with the exception of the Britney ep).  I've just about tuned out.
Geezer

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2010, 01:52:30 AM »

Quote from: rittchard on November 10, 2010, 11:17:45 PM

No comments?

I thought last night's ep was hands down the best of the season.  I didn't realize how much I missed having Puck in the show, but he's a hoot for sure.  Some great moments with Bieste and of course Kurt, and they mixed humor well with the song numbers.  The Teenage Dream sequence was fantastic, not just the singing and performance, which was tons of fun and only a little bit gay lol, but mostly for watching Kurt's reactions and feeling like there's actually some hope for the character to finally find some happiness.  I do like that they've found a way to address the "gay bullying" issue without being too preachy, and used it as a vehicle to advance Kurt's storyline.  Also, I was actually quite surprised by the "twist" even though in retrospect it seemed telegraphed all the way, curious if others found it obvious or not.  All in all a strong episode with some very cool mash-ups on top of great dialog, heart, humor and plot advancements.

It did dawn on me how much they've expanded the show to be more of a true ensemble, there's much less focus on the "core" characters (Finn, Rachel, Schuster) this season, for better or worse.  While it's nice to see everyone get their turn in the spotlight, I do wonder if it's making the show seem a little less coherent.  Or maybe it's just with all the excessive hype and guest stars, I almost feel like the show lost some of its charm from last year.

Speaking of which, next week - Academy Award Winner Gwyneth Paltrow singing Umbrella!?!?!  I'm there with bells on!!!  Seriously, I'm going to wear bells and nothing else while I watch this episode.

Agree with you 100%.  I'm usually the first to gag at "...a very SPECIAL episode of..." but I thought this was well crafted and sympathetic without actually being to preachy.  Also very much liked the music.

I do wish the show would get back to some of it's snark and the very subtle humor of the "Heathers" variety that it had in abundance last season.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2010, 07:49:17 PM »

Quote from: Rowdy on November 11, 2010, 12:59:23 AM

I've found this season in general and certain eps in particular to be far more preachy and far less fun than season 1.  This season seems to have an agenda; apparently we're going to focus on Kurt and his story and get hit over the head about inclusiveness all season long.  Last season was a fun show about a group of misfits coming together to band against Sue and her gang.  This season feels like a different show (with the exception of the Britney ep).  I've just about tuned out.

While I've voiced my opinions on this season's incongruity, I'd have to disagree about the "focus on Kurt" and "agenda" for the show.  There have been 6 episodes, of which only 2 really featured Kurt (Grilled Cheesus and Never Been Kissed), and even then they were still ensemble episodes with multiple plotlines and characters featured.  Next week's ep featureing Gwyneth Paltrow looks to be Rachel and Schu-centric.

I think often whenever a gay character starts to get more popular and more screen time or attention, there is kind of a backlash, or maybe just a heightened impression that he/she is getting more "focus" - when in reality it's just that we're not used to seeing this, so it "feels" like it.  Kind of like when one of the forum guys here accused me of always posting gay related comments on the forums; turned out the actual percentage of my gay-themed posts was really low; I don't recall but I'm pretty sure it was well under 10%.
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2010, 08:40:29 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on November 11, 2010, 07:49:17 PM

While I've voiced my opinions on this season's incongruity, I'd have to disagree about the "focus on Kurt" and "agenda" for the show.  There have been 6 episodes, of which only 2 really featured Kurt (Grilled Cheesus and Never Been Kissed), and even then they were still ensemble episodes with multiple plotlines and characters featured.

You forgot about Duets and how he did a duet with himself.  While the whole episode didn't focus around him, there was a large Kurt factor in there (including the Duet at the end with Rachel).  So, about half the episodes so far this season.

Now, I don't agree that he should get beat up every day, but Kurt is an annoying and selfish character.  (Case in point, the episode where he decorated the bedroom the way he wanted to instead of getting Finn's input to make him feel comfortable.)  He also brings on some of the criticism onto himself.  For instance, when he tries to go into the girls' group instead of with the guys when they split last night.  He complains about being different and then does everything he can to show that he is different.  He wants to have his cake and eat it too.

At least Artie has had a mostly positive attitude about his situation.  Sure, he has had his down days, but nothing like the drama surrounding Kurt.

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2010, 12:20:44 AM »

Quote from: Graham on November 11, 2010, 08:40:29 PM

Quote from: rittchard on November 11, 2010, 07:49:17 PM

While I've voiced my opinions on this season's incongruity, I'd have to disagree about the "focus on Kurt" and "agenda" for the show.  There have been 6 episodes, of which only 2 really featured Kurt (Grilled Cheesus and Never Been Kissed), and even then they were still ensemble episodes with multiple plotlines and characters featured.

You forgot about Duets and how he did a duet with himself.  While the whole episode didn't focus around him, there was a large Kurt factor in there (including the Duet at the end with Rachel).  So, about half the episodes so far this season.

Now, I don't agree that he should get beat up every day, but Kurt is an annoying and selfish character.  (Case in point, the episode where he decorated the bedroom the way he wanted to instead of getting Finn's input to make him feel comfortable.)  He also brings on some of the criticism onto himself.  For instance, when he tries to go into the girls' group instead of with the guys when they split last night.  He complains about being different and then does everything he can to show that he is different.  He wants to have his cake and eat it too.

At least Artie has had a mostly positive attitude about his situation.  Sure, he has had his down days, but nothing like the drama surrounding Kurt.

I wouldn't consider the small portion of Duets a Kurt-focused episode; in fact if you hadn't mentioned it I had kind of forgotten.  Seemed like everyone in the ensemble had fairly equal (or more) time in that episode to me, ymmv.

I do agree he can be an annoying and flawed character, but I think that's also what makes it an interesting role.  I hate it when shows bring in gay characters and they are one-dimensional: either super flamboyant, or super depressed or super hot/perfect/likable/sympathetic.  More often than not, gay characters are relegated to a caricature of a real person instead of given multiple dimensions and interesting personalities.  For the first time on TV that I can conceive of, we have characters like Kurt who are sympathetic but still clearly flawed, as well as ones like the couple on Modern Family who are funny not just because they are gay, but because of the quirks that make them individuals.

I'm guessing Kurt has had a little extra attention this season because his character has resonated with teens (and others) who are going through similar difficulties with accepting themselves, trying to be accepted by others, while being bullied and treated as outcasts at the same time.  I read in an interview the actor was getting letters saying that watching the show essentially saved their lives, which is clearly weighty stuff, given the recent bullying/suicides.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2010, 10:07:24 AM »

I was really disappointed with this year's mash-up competition.  The performances just didn't seem to fit with the rest of the episode and I didn't think either set of songs really worked together.  Thankfully, there's an awesome mash-up of "Singin' In The Rain" and "Umbrella" next week to wash away (get it? slywink) the bad taste of the other ones.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2010, 11:23:50 PM »

I thought Gwyneth rocked it (particularly on "Forget You")!  Anyone else?
Tokek

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2010, 01:02:57 PM »

I thought "Singing in the rain / Umbrella" mash-up was really good. "Forget You" was good as well.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2010, 11:18:57 AM »

I adored "The Substitute" episode.  The musical numbers (especially Make 'Em Laugh, All That Jazz, and Singin' In The Rain) were excellent (and it looks like they've got a bit larger budget to work with now), Gwyenth Paltrow fit right in, and there were some hilarious lines ("I opened my mouth and a little purse fell out."  and "Mr. Schue taught me the second half of the alphabet.  I got to M and N, but they seemed too similar and I got frustrated" were my favorites).  Also, I love that a show aimed primarily at teens referenced Greg Evigan, Jackee, and Norma Rae and featured numbers from Singin' In The Rain and Chicago.  Great stuff.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 11:20:29 AM by EddieA » Logged

rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2011, 01:54:53 AM »

A little late but wanted to remind people Gwyneth Paltrow is back for tonight's episode, singing Kiss and Landslide.  Should be another winner.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: