http://gamingtrend.com
November 22, 2014, 03:20:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [TV] Arrested Development Returning!  (Read 4616 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: October 03, 2011, 05:38:28 AM »

for real this time?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 03:20:50 AM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 12:24:45 PM »

Bateman confirmed today on his Twitter account.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Larraque

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 12:34:27 PM »

I couldn't hope for better news to start the week.  thumbsup
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 12:53:29 PM »

Great!

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 01:58:00 PM »

I hate to be the naysayer, but I've read that they were officially starting a movie at least a half dozen times in the last few years.  I'll believe they're doing a new series and a movie when I see the trailer on tv or in a theater.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 01:59:37 PM by hepcat » Logged

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2011, 02:04:06 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on October 03, 2011, 01:58:00 PM

I hate to be the naysayer, but I've read that they were officially starting a movie at least a half dozen times in the last few years.  I'll believe they're doing a new series and a movie when I see the trailer on tv or in a theater.

They've never said officially, though, with a plan and everything.  The people in charge have only been saying they plan to do it.

BTW, the plan is for a 9 episode mini TV series, each one focusing on each character.  The first scene of the movie will be all the characters finally together.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2011, 02:08:49 PM »

courtesy of smoove at OO.

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2011, 02:20:32 PM »

Oh my!!! So sweet. This will get me to order Showtime for 10 weeks.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2011, 03:18:41 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on October 03, 2011, 02:08:49 PM

Exactly.  Lots of "hopes" and "somedays" and vague "we're working on its" but no official announcement until now.

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2011, 03:36:01 PM »

The thing is, that if you read that article the writer does note that:

Creatively, it's all worked out. The only holdouts are the business types.

So here's what we have: Hurwitz has been reported to be "writing" since at least February 2009. The movie was supposed to come out in 2010, then 2011, then 2012, and now 2013. Hurwitz says now that he has part of a script, which is the same thing Tony Hale said two years ago, he hopes to do the episodes, and he wants to do the movie provided they can "get the film companies on board."

As hard as it is to hear, if there are no "film companies on board" yet, then "announcement" and "confirmation" are not the right words, and there's no deal. There aren't any episodes if nobody has agreed to air them. There isn't any movie if nobody has agreed to finance one. It's absolutely true that getting the creative people on board and getting a script are the first steps to getting a movie made if there's going to be one, so it's good that this state of affairs that has been in place for two or three years is still in place. But these are necessary, not sufficient, conditions. They don't mean there is a movie.

Look, I'd love to see it happen.  I'm just not ready to believe it after having essentially the same thing happen a half dozen times in the past.  There is no film company on board yet, and there is no signed deal with anyone according to Horowitz.   I can make official announcements that this is happening until the cows come home, but without the actual money people signing off on it, it's just hearsay.  
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 03:38:47 PM by hepcat » Logged

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2011, 08:26:57 PM »

I'm not sure it isn't already done for me. It sounds like a great idea, but right now I'm having a hard time revisiting the series.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2011, 08:30:12 PM »

Quote from: Purge on October 03, 2011, 08:26:57 PM

I'm not sure it isn't already done for me. It sounds like a great idea, but right now I'm having a hard time revisiting the series.

That's to be expected.  You're Canadian.

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2011, 01:19:52 AM »

Quote from: hepcat on October 03, 2011, 08:30:12 PM

Quote from: Purge on October 03, 2011, 08:26:57 PM

That's to be expected.  You're Canadian.

You're right! I'm not used to lapping up crap with a spoon.

Spoiler for Hiden:
We use forks.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2011, 02:57:08 PM »

Forks are so 20th century.  We officially moved to sporks decades ago.  What's it like growing up in a technologically backward country?

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2011, 06:03:51 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on October 04, 2011, 02:57:08 PM

Forks are so 20th century.  We officially moved to sporks decades ago.  What's it like growing up in a technologically backward country?

Is that a rhetorical question? This one is.

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2011, 06:09:06 PM »

Quote from: Purge on October 04, 2011, 06:03:51 PM

The polysyllabic version of "I know you are, but what am I?".   icon_biggrin

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2011, 07:42:20 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on October 04, 2011, 06:09:06 PM

Quote from: Purge on October 04, 2011, 06:03:51 PM

The polysyllabic version of "I know you are, but what am I?".   icon_biggrin

The gentleman approves, sir?

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2011, 07:59:27 PM »

Unfortunately, I'm monosyllabic.   icon_frown

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2011, 02:30:04 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on October 04, 2011, 07:59:27 PM

Unfortunately, I'm monosyllabic.   icon_frown

Irony!

« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 02:31:35 PM by Purge » Logged

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2011, 08:10:29 PM »

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2011, 03:20:24 AM »

WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beverly Hills, Calif., November 18, 2011—In a landmark deal, all new episodes of the Emmy Award-winning comedy series “Arrested Development” will be coming exclusively to Netflix for its U.S. members to watch instantly, beginning in 2013.

For the first time in their histories, Twentieth Century Fox Television and Imagine Television will produce original first-run entertainment content for the world’s leading internet subscription service, bringing back the acclaimed series to production on all new episodes five years after its cancellation.

One of Time Magazine’s “100 Best TV Shows of All-TIME,” the tale of the formerly wealthy, deeply eccentric Bluth clan aired for three seasons, 2003-2006, on Fox and was honored with the Emmy award for Outstanding Comedy Series after its first season on the air.

“Arrested Development is one of the finest American comedies in TV history and its return through Netflix is a perfect example of how we are working closely with studios and networks to provide consumers with entertainment they love,” said Ted Sarandos, Netflix Chief Content Officer.

“It’s also a perfect example of how broad and successful our relationship has become with Fox as we work together with their film, television, international and digital divisions on several exciting initiatives,” he added.

“Netflix’s bold entrance into original programming presents an exciting new opportunity for our two companies” commented Peter Levinsohn, Fox Filmed Entertainment’s President of New Media & Digital Distribution. “Bringing a classic show back to production on new episodes exclusively for Netflix customers is a game changer, and illustrates the incredible potential the new digital landscape affords great content providers like Twentieth Century Fox Television and Imagine.”

Commented 20th Century Fox TV Chairmen Dana Walden and Gary Newman, “We build brands at this studio which are so distinctive that audiences still clamor for them years after they go off the air. ‘Arrested Development’ is a great example of that—it has stood the test of time. This innovative deal with Netflix represents a new business model that is extremely exciting and opens the door for a wide range of new collaborations.”

“We also pride ourselves on breaking the rules at this studio, and after bringing back two canceled series – ‘Family Guy’ and ‘Futurama’—to enormous success, we are bullish on the prospects for this brilliant series. We can’t wait to get back to work with Mitch, Ron and Brian on bringing the Bluths back to America’s living rooms,” they added.

Said Imagine Entertainment co-founders Ron Howard and Brian Grazer, “Of all the projects we’ve been involved with over the years, we probably get more questions about Mitch Hurtwitz’s brilliant‘Arrested Development’ than any other– everyone, ourselves included, seems to feel like the Bluths left the party a bit too soon. Bringing a series back from cancellation almost never happens, but then, ‘Arrested’ always was about as unconventional as they get, so it seems totally appropriate that this show that broke the mold is smashing it to pieces once again.”

Added Howard, “After a long hiatus, I’m dying to finally get back to the narrator’s microphone…’It’s Arrested…Development.’

The Emmy-winning comedy had its final broadcast on February 10, 2006 and concerned Michael Bluth (Jason Bateman) and his eccentric family comprised of his son George Michael (Michael Cera), his father George Bluth Sr. (Jeffrey Tambor), his mother Lucille (Jessica Walter), his brothers George Oscar Bluth Ii (Will Arnett), Buster Bluth (Tony Hale) and sister Lindsay Funke (Portia de Rossi), and Lindsay’s husband Tobias (David Cross) and their daughter Maeby (Alia Shawkat).

“Arrested Development” is a production of Imagine Television and 20th Century Fox Television. Ron Howard, Brian Grazer and Mitch Hurwitz are executive producers.

Because I can,
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2011, 08:36:06 AM »

Glad it's coming back. I don't care about Netflix as living in Japan means I'll be watching it through alternative means anyways.
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2011, 01:16:10 PM »

I will finally subscribe to Netflix once this airs.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2011, 02:56:56 PM »

NOW I believe.   icon_biggrin

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2011, 03:26:47 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on November 19, 2011, 01:16:10 PM

I will finally subscribe to Netflix once this airs.

+1

I may even do it sooner, now that I know.

Which was exactly their plan.

kratz

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2011, 05:03:22 PM »

They needed some good PR for a change.  This would seem to be it.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2012, 12:40:02 AM »

Mitch Hurwitz Talks Arrested Development 2.0

Speaking on the floor of the National Association of Broadcasters convention, Netflix chief Ted Sarandos confirmed that all ten episodes of Arrested's long-awaited fourth season will premiere together on a single day sometime next year.  Hurwitz also confirmed that production is set to begin this summer, but he also dropped a new nugget of information about what form the Arrested revival will take.

Originally, Hurwitz's plan had been to make the revival like an anthology, with each episode telling a somewhat self-contained story about a specific character. "That is now kind of evolving into becoming more like the old show again," Hurwitz told a packed house of conventioneers, who politely applauded the introduction of other Netflix offerings (such as David Fincher and Kevin Spacey's House of Cards), but exploded at the mention of Arrested and the arrival of cast members Will Arnett, David Cross, Alia Shawkat, Jeffrey Tambor, and Jessica Walter. The reason for the change: Hurwitz sees a chance to tweak the show's format to take advantage of the fact that the full ten-episode season will debut at once, rather than over two-and-a-half months. "There's something exciting about trying to break the form again," he said.

Because I can,
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2012, 03:18:34 PM »

Ron Howard visits the set.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2012, 06:42:15 PM »

"All systems are go," Bateman tweeted. "Filming for the new episodes starts in four weeks."

he says the sweetest things  The Weghted Companion Cube will never threaten to stab you.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2012, 09:55:08 PM »

filming started today!

Cabbage Patch

Because I can,
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2012, 09:56:24 PM »

I'll restart netflix for sure when this comes on
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2012, 11:14:33 PM »

thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2012, 08:39:18 PM »

It certainly LOOKS like an episode of Arrested Development.

Eel Snave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2012, 01:41:42 AM »

I just blue myself.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2012, 08:40:17 AM »

hmm,I hope this makes its way over to UK,i watched all the series on Netflix a few months back,but we don't always get the same stuff as you guys do and certainly not at the same time

I am just giddy to see the Chicken again from GOB  icon_biggrin

« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 08:42:27 AM by metallicorphan » Logged

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2012, 01:28:09 PM »

I think starting this weekend, I'm going to go back and watch the entire series again at a leisurely pace.

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2012, 04:26:26 PM »

It just keeps looking better and better...

Eel Snave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2012, 11:30:03 PM »

"Yes, I am the Six Million Dollar Man."
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2012, 03:01:42 PM »

Something everyone should have on hand for the premiere.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2012, 04:13:44 PM »

Terry Crews and Isla Fisher will be in the new Arrested Development

It's been many tense hours since the last bit of Arrested Development casting news, no doubt leaving fans to wonder whether the always-dubious fourth season or they themselves had suddenly been blinked out of existence. But no, you are still tethered to this astral plane and Arrested Development's reunion is still happening, and it's still divulging many of its secrets well in advance, so take existential comfort in knowing that Isla Fisher and Carl Weathers School of Acting graduate Terry Crews have also been added to the cast. "Who will they play?" you ask, eager to have everything spoiled for you and also for some sort of shackle to reality. No word yet, though we'd guess "someone petite and pretty" and "someone large and intimidating." Guess which one is which! That should keep you busy until the next casting update.

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: