http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 12:06:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [TV] AMC The Killing  (Read 737 times)
Soulchilde
Gaming Trend Senior Member

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« on: April 06, 2011, 02:41:49 AM »

I'm surprised a thread hasn't been started for The Killing a new crime drama that follows one murder throughout the entire episodes.  The show is a remake of a Danish program
Forbrydelsen (The Crime).  It has been receiving some good critic reviews.  Did anyone else watch?

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 03:09:42 AM »

they did this years ago on one of the networks,  it was called Murder One I think.

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 03:17:44 AM »

Just finished watching the two episode pilot on OnDemand.  Loved it.  At this point though, you just have to tell me it's on AMC and I'll watch whatever it is.

I love the two lead detectives.  They are not ken and barbie, nor are they gritty and tough.  The ex-Undercover narco cop steals every scene he's in.  He actually comes across as someone who could have been undercover for years without getting discovered.  As for the female lead, she's just perfectly human. 

The mystery is sufficiently interesting too.  I really do want to know "whodunit". 

Overall, it comes across as Twin Peaks without the quirky characters or supernatural undertones. 

Two thumbs up.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Toe

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 11:41:21 PM »

My friend kept telling me I should check it out so me and the wife caught up on this season (ondemand on comcast). I think so far it is a great series. Almost slipped under the radar. The cinematography is top notch with a pretty solid acting cast (mostly unheard for me). Anyone remotely into crime dramas or just good, solid dramas should check it out (because it does go alot more into how a family might deal with a surprise death in the family than your standard crime drama does).

Roman

XboxLive: RomyBolognaPony

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 12:21:48 AM »

My wife and I are hooked as well. Love the setting and the story.

Xbox Live Gamertag: RomyBolognaPony
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 08:09:59 PM »

Agreed. Great series.

It's extremely hard to watch at times, but so incredibly well done I can't imagine not watching the rest of it.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 08:26:09 PM »

I totally forgot about this. I'll check it out with ondemand and see how if I need to add it to my growing list of weekly shows to record.

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 08:28:24 PM »

It seems like AMC has built a name for itself as THE place to go for actors and writers who want to be taken seriously with shows like Mad Men and Breaking Bad.  I hope the trend continues as the shows they offer are just stellar.  Even when they fail to make the cut (like Rubicon), they're still head and shoulders above the majority of offerings on the big 3.

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2011, 08:40:41 PM »

I'm still so bummed about Rubicon.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2012, 06:51:27 PM »

Not really a surprise, but AMC Killed The Killing...
http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/07/27/killing-canceled/
Statement from the network: “After much deliberation, we’ve come to the difficult decision not to renew The Killing for a third season. AMC is incredibly proud of the show and is fortunate to have worked with such a talented team on this project, from showrunner Veena Sud and our terrific partners at Fox Television Studios to the talented, dedicated crew and exceptional cast.”
At least Joel can focus on the Robocop movie now...

imho, shows like this and ABC's Murder One (1995-1997: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112086/plotsummary) are good ideas on paper and more realistic than all these crime procedural shows that wrap things up in a nice tidy bow in 45 some odd minutes. But that doesn't mean the masses want to watch that.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 06:54:00 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2012, 07:13:26 PM »

It was actually pretty good up until the final few episodes of season 1.  Then they pulled that incredibly annoying "reveal" out of their collective asses and tried to make it look like they weren't just giving themselves an excuse to make a season 2. 

Season 2 was just weak.  It had a few decent moments, but the finale was laughable. 

I would've been very surprised if they'd renewed for a season 3.  I can't even begin to imagine what crap they would've gone with.

Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2012, 07:31:58 PM »

They burned fans badly with the ending of season 1.  Season 2 people just didn't buy in

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2013, 06:10:07 AM »

They renewed it for a season three.  So they could cancel it again.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

Quote from: McBa1n
http://www.vuvuzela.fm BVVVVVVVVVVVRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2013, 06:21:38 AM »

Broadchurch is similar, but far superior, in my opinion.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2013, 03:25:36 AM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on September 11, 2013, 06:10:07 AM

They renewed it for a season three.  So they could cancel it again.

stop, collaborate and listen:

Netflix Orders Final Season of "The Killing," from Fox Television Studios, Exclusively for Its Streaming Members in Netflix Territories

Six-Episode Limited Series will Mark Last Season of Acclaimed Drama

Beverly Hills, CA - November 15, 2013 - Netflix has ordered a fourth and final limited season that will serve as a conclusion for "The Killing," exclusively for its over 40 million members worldwide. The 6-episode series finale, from Fox Television Studios (FTVS), will be available only to Netflix streaming members to watch instantly in all Netflix territories.

"The rich, serialized storytelling in 'The Killing' thrives on Netflix, and we believe that it is only fitting to give Sarah Linden and Stephen Holder a proper send off," said Cindy Holland, vice president of original content for Netflix. "We are looking forward to offering fans - both existing and new - a series that we know is perfectly suited for on-demand viewing."

David Madden, president, Fox Television Studios, commented, "It's a true testament to 'The Killing' creator Veena Sud, and the stellar cast led so compellingly by Mireille Enos and Joel Kinnaman, that fans remained so passionate about the show. We're gratified that our partners at Netflix recognized this, and are giving us the opportunity to complete the story in a way that will be satisfying to our loyal audience."

The first three seasons of "The Killing" are now available to stream globally on Netflix.

Based on the Danish series Forbrydelsen, "The Killing" follows various murder investigations led by homicide detectives "Sarah Linden" (Mireille Enos) and "Stephen Holder" (Joel Kinnaman). Seasons one and two chronicled the "Rosie Larsen case," with Linden and Holder investigating the murder of a teenage girl. Picking up one year after the close of that investigation, season three followed the detectives on their search for a runaway girl, leading them to discover a gruesome string of murders that connected to a previous investigation by Linden.

"The Killing" is created and executive-produced by Veena Sud. Mikkel Bondesen is executive producer for Fabrik Entertainment. Kristen Campo also serves as co-executive producer for Fabrik. "The Killing" is produced by Fox Television Studios for Netflix.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2013, 04:10:24 PM »

Clearly this is because the Robocop reboot, arriving in mid-February 2014, aka the Hottest Movie Time of the Year (not), is destined to make Joel Kinnaman a global movie superstar (not) so he won't have any time left to do a consistently depressing TV show for AMC.  Roll Eyes icon_razz

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: