http://gamingtrend.com
November 27, 2014, 04:38:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [TV] AMC's Hell on Wheels  (Read 3640 times)
rshetts2
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2012, 03:25:14 AM »

Anyone still watching this?  Because I just finished the season 2 finale and I got to tell you, they pretty much ruined the series for me.

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
Covenant

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2012, 01:12:10 PM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on October 09, 2012, 03:25:14 AM

Anyone still watching this?  Because I just finished the season 2 finale and I got to tell you, they pretty much ruined the series for me.

What didn't you like about it? The wife and I quite enjoyed the finale and are looking forward to the new direction it is heading.
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2012, 03:06:36 PM »

Not sure if we are spoiler free here so my dislike for the finale and season 2 in general is below:

Spoiler for Hiden:
I didnt like that the killed off Lily, seemed trite and cliche' especially since the series started with his wife being killed.  Didnt like the hanging scene, once again it was contrived to give the Swede an out clause.  Made no sense, after all, Bohanon spent an entire season hunting down and killing the men who killed his wife.  After everything the Swede did, why would he not just kill him.  Its not like hes a changed man and wanted to follow legal channels, he was going after Durant with a bull whip earlier just for threatening Lily's life.  The whole set up and the way it played out seemed so off and out of character.  As far as Lilys murder, my god what poor writing.  After everything she just went through, her gun conveniently misfires?  And how could the Swede even walk let alone choke the life out of someone, after all of his injuries.  I just felt it was very poorly written.  Its seemed that they killed Lily for shock value and didnt care how they pulled it off.  I really kind of felt season 2 lost it way for the most part anyway, spending way too much soap opera time with the multiple love triangles and then closed all of them off with tragedy.    I really liked the 1st season, didnt like the 2nd much at all. 

Covenant

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2012, 03:23:04 PM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on October 09, 2012, 03:06:36 PM

Not sure if we are spoiler free here so my dislike for the finale and season 2 in general is below:

Spoiler for Hiden:
I didnt like that the killed off Lily, seemed trite and cliche' especially since the series started with his wife being killed.  Didnt like the hanging scene, once again it was contrived to give the Swede an out clause.  Made no sense, after all, Bohanon spent an entire season hunting down and killing the men who killed his wife.  After everything the Swede did, why would he not just kill him.  Its not like hes a changed man and wanted to follow legal channels, he was going after Durant with a bull whip earlier just for threatening Lily's life.  The whole set up and the way it played out seemed so off and out of character.  As far as Lilys murder, my god what poor writing.  After everything she just went through, her gun conveniently misfires?  And how could the Swede even walk let alone choke the life out of someone, after all of his injuries.  I just felt it was very poorly written.  Its seemed that they killed Lily for shock value and didnt care how they pulled it off.  I really kind of felt season 2 lost it way for the most part anyway, spending way too much soap opera time with the multiple love triangles and then closed all of them off with tragedy.    I really liked the 1st season, didnt like the 2nd much at all. 

Spoiler for Hiden:
I agree with the hanging thing completely... we spent several moments during the season yelling "just kill him already!!" at the screen.  As for the rest, here are my thoughts on why they did what they did:

1) Killing Lily was the culmination of Swede's plan.  He wanted revenge against Bohanan for taking his job and his position in the community, so decided to take everything from him that he loved (initially just the railroad, but then Lily when he learned of their relationship).
2) Swede's injuries were mostly an act.  I don't believe the story he told of being captured and strung out for an instant. It was already established that he was friends with the indians and was providing them with intel and rifles. My guess is that he let them burn him to a point where it looked bad and then proceeded to act like he was on death's door. I do agree they should have put a scene in there to make that more clear though. You shouldn't have to assume all that really.
3) Lily's gun didn't misfire, it wasn't loaded.  My recollection is that she picked it up from the table, but he was already in her home before she got there; plenty of opportunity to unload the weapon.
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2012, 05:53:42 PM »

Quote from: Covenant on October 09, 2012, 03:23:04 PM

Quote from: rshetts2 on October 09, 2012, 03:06:36 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:
I agree with the hanging thing completely... we spent several moments during the season yelling "just kill him already!!" at the screen.  As for the rest, here are my thoughts on why they did what they did:

1) Killing Lily was the culmination of Swede's plan.  He wanted revenge against Bohanan for taking his job and his position in the community, so decided to take everything from him that he loved (initially just the railroad, but then Lily when he learned of their relationship).
2) Swede's injuries were mostly an act.  I don't believe the story he told of being captured and strung out for an instant. It was already established that he was friends with the indians and was providing them with intel and rifles. My guess is that he let them burn him to a point where it looked bad and then proceeded to act like he was on death's door. I do agree they should have put a scene in there to make that more clear though. You shouldn't have to assume all that really.
3) Lily's gun didn't misfire, it wasn't loaded.  My recollection is that she picked it up from the table, but he was already in her home before she got there; plenty of opportunity to unload the weapon.

Spoiler for Hiden:
  My problem wasnt so much the reasons for killing Lily, I understood that Swede hated Bohanon, was insane and would have done anything he could to bring emotional pain to Cullen.  It wasnt the plot so much as the delivery.  If they wanted us to believe Swedes injuries were fake, why did they give us a flashback of the indians torturing him.  Misdirection?  Also the injuries to his hands as he ripped them out of the manacles looked pretty debilitating as well, were those fake?   Lily pulled an arrow out of her shoulder and killed a full grown healthy indian warrior with it, yet she couldnt handle an injured Swede?  Thats sloppy writing.   I do agree about the gun, I forgot she picked it up off the table and it had likely been unloaded.  I just felt the whole scene and set up was poorly done and they relied on shock to gloss over the issues. 

hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2012, 10:18:45 PM »

That season finale felt like High Plains Drifter, Part Deux.  I loved it.  Now I want to go back and watch all the Eastwood Leone films. 

Bohannon isn't supposed to have a happy ending.  Sometimes I wonder if he's actually IN hell and just doesn't know it. 

...although I truly hope that isn't the case.  I want a gritty western, not a supernatural story.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2012, 12:49:14 PM »

It wasnt what happened that bothered me it was the really bad writing loopholes surrounding the finale that bothered me.  They used shock to gloss over the poor writing.  I can handle a little creative license but to completely ignore the way youve established a character to provide a cheap out for another is weak.  The whole Sean/Ruth dynamic was poorly done and felt pasted in for no reason whatsoever.  I could go on but since it appears that we have likely seen the last of Hell on Wheels, I guess theres really no need.   Truth be told, I almost hope that the supernatural explanation is true because it would at least explain some of the weak plot points.   Its too bad really as the show had tons of potential with some great characters but it seemed, at least to me, that they decided to destroy everything that was good about the show in the finale, just for kicks.

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2012, 01:43:28 PM »

I think your dislike is a combination of missing a few things (the unloaded gun, for example) and your expectations about how things should've gone...which is not the writers' fault.  Everyone's an armchair quarterback.  That's fine that you didn't like it, but I wouldn't call it bad, or even lazy writing.  The only thing I might agree with is the strange restraint that Bohannon showed towards the Swede the last couple of episodes.  Other than that, the show was good.

p.s. not sure where you're seeing news that the show isn't being renewed.  i've seen no indication for or against at this point.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 01:49:15 PM by hepcat » Logged

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2012, 05:51:20 PM »

No it is not due to the gun thing or my expectations.  Even you admit that the thing with Bohanon and the Swede was off.  The direction they chose to move the plot was fine, the way they wrote and executed it was sloppy at best.  It fine that you liked it but I wouldn't call it good or even adept writing.  icon_wink   I guess we will just have to disagree on this, which is ok.  I just didnt like the way they used shock value to gloss over what I felt were glaring issues. 

Spoiler for Hiden:
  Regarding the death of Lily Bell, theres a pervasive theory running around that she isnt dead and Bohanons overly dramatic death walk through town was intended to convince people who wanted her dead ( like the Durants ) that she was in fact dead.  I myself dont subscribe to this theory but it is out there. 

Hell on Wheels season 1 premiered with 4.4 million viewers.  With The Walking Dead to help boost it it held around 3 million viewers and the finale had over 2.8 million.
 Season 2's premiere experienced a further drop to 2.5 million and viewership dropped through out the run to 2.18 for the finale.  Theres been nothing official regarding its renewal but theres been rumblings on the AMC forums that the decline in viewership has doomed the show.  It is likely that we may have seen the end of Hell on Wheels.  They may bring it back but I wouldnt hold my breath.

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2012, 08:19:46 PM »

I admitted that I thought one aspect of the show felt off (the aforementioned Swede stuff).  That's a far cry from saying the show was badly written this season.  I thought it was quite good for the most part.

Spoiler for Hiden:
That theory IS an example of bad writing however.   If that turns out to be true (which I very highly doubt), then I would feel they dropped the ball.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 08:21:24 PM by hepcat » Logged

theohall

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2012, 03:37:59 AM »

I felt it was poorly written for one reason.  It seemed like when they ran out of things to have characters say, they took the Team America angle and went with "We need a montage!"  Serious over-use of montages this season, which to me is an indication of lazy writers.  Heck, the end of season one with that crappy music was darn near 6 minutes long.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2012, 07:32:56 PM »

just watched the finale.

Spoiler for Hiden:
why the fuck didn't he just shoot the Swede?  icon_lol

I haven't seen any word on a season 3, the season 2 renewal was announced halfway through the first season so who knows.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2012, 06:08:48 AM »

woohoo!  season 3!

Because I can,
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2012, 01:09:04 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 30, 2012, 06:08:48 AM

woohoo!  season 3!

OH.HELL.YES.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2012, 02:45:21 PM »

Whoo hoo.  I wanna see a Bohannon without any reason to be nice (i.e. sans blondie mchottiepants).

rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2012, 03:57:06 PM »

Curious as to how things are going to turn though as the shows 2 creators have declined to renew their contracts and have left Hell on Wheels.  They may be around for consulting but they are working on major network stuff now, so its doubtful they will have much input.  They kept the episodes at 10.  Thats not necessarily a bad thing as they kind of rambled last season and maybe they will tighten up the series and condense the story line a bit and try to eliminate some of the filler they fell back on so often last season.    My prediction for next season : 
Spoiler for Hiden:
Both major deaths in the finale, Lily and The Swede, were smoke screens and we will see both of them back next year

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2012, 03:59:36 PM »

I don't see how that could possibly happen without completely ruining the show's credibility.  It'd be like the end of the Newhart series in its silliness.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2012, 04:09:45 PM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on October 30, 2012, 03:57:06 PM

Curious as to how things are going to turn though as the shows 2 creators have declined to renew their contracts and have left Hell on Wheels.  They may be around for consulting but they are working on major network stuff now, so its doubtful they will have much input.  They kept the episodes at 10.  Thats not necessarily a bad thing as they kind of rambled last season and maybe they will tighten up the series and condense the story line a bit and try to eliminate some of the filler they fell back on so often last season.    My prediction for next season : 
Spoiler for Hiden:
Both major deaths in the finale, Lily and The Swede, were smoke screens and we will see both of them back next year

Spoiler for Hiden:
I too doubt the Swede is dead.  I think they're going to have to pretend he is Rasputin to kill him.

Because I can,
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2012, 05:04:32 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 30, 2012, 04:09:45 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:
I too doubt the Swede is dead.  I think they're going to have to pretend he is Rasputin to kill him.

Well, the Swede did almost become the Joker to Bohannon's Batman.

Spoiler for Hiden:

It would be really hard for them to find a new adversary for him to have with Durant gone as well.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2012, 05:25:34 AM »

Curious as to how things are going to turn though as the shows 2 creators have declined to renew their contracts and have left Hell on Wheels. 

well, here's a start:  third season renewal on hold after the executive producer/showrunner unexpectedly departs:

AMC just issued a statement confirming that Hell On Wheels showrunner John Shiban has left and that the series’ third season renewal is now contingent on hiring a new showrunner approved by the network.

Because I can,
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2012, 01:18:14 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 02, 2012, 05:25:34 AM

Curious as to how things are going to turn though as the shows 2 creators have declined to renew their contracts and have left Hell on Wheels. 

well, here's a start:  third season renewal on hold after the executive producer/showrunner unexpectedly departs:

AMC just issued a statement confirming that Hell On Wheels showrunner John Shiban has left and that the series’ third season renewal is now contingent on hiring a new showrunner approved by the network.

Well, fuck.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 01, 2013, 11:18:54 AM »

“Hell On Wheels” SEASON 3 PREMIERES SATURDAY, AUGUST 3 AT 9PM ET/PT

AMC Also Acquires Additional Western Classics to Make Saturday a Destination for Western Fans from Sunrise to Sundown

New York – April 15, 2013 – AMC announced today that the network is adding a third night of original programming with the season three premiere of “Hell On Wheels” debuting Saturday, August 3 at 9pm ET/PT. Executive produced by showrunner John Wirth (“Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles,” “Falling Skies,” “The Cape”), Mark Richard and Jeremy Gold, Head of Creative Affairs, Endemol Studios and, and starring Anson Mount, Colm Meaney, and Common, season 3 of “Hell On Wheels” lands in the year 1867, the third year of the building of the transcontinental railroad. Cullen Bohannon leaves his vengeance-seeking behind and invests in the new American landscape...the beginnings of big business, big religion, and the new role of Wall Street in the White House. Bohannon must contend with racism, greed and murder as he single-mindedly leads the Union Pacific in its race across the country against the Central Pacific Railroad. The high stakes corporate race, the environmental costs and degradation of the native peoples' way of life are themes that resonate deeply in today's America.

For over a decade of Saturdays, AMC has celebrated the American western genre through a mix of series and movies. Today, AMC adds to its inventory a selection of classic films from Paramount Pictures to super-serve the western fan including “El Dorado” (1967), “The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance” (1962), “The Shootist” (1976) and “The Sons of Katie Elder” (1965). The network will also celebrate the anniversaries of several renowned westerns including the 60th anniversary of “Hondo” (1953) and the 50th anniversary of “McLintock!” (1963), both starring John Wayne, as well as the 45th anniversary of “Hang ‘em High” (1968) and the 40th anniversary of “High Plains Drifter” (1973), both starring Clint Eastwood. These films will join the classics including “Chisum” (1970), “The Cowboys” (1972), “Rio Bravo” (1959), “The Alamo” (1960), “The Undefeated” (1969), “Joe Kidd” (1972), “A Fistful of Dollars” (1964), “For a Few Dollars More” (1965) and “The Good the Bad and the Ugly” (1966), which are already licensed by AMC. Moreover, the network has also acquired the television series, “Rawhide,” starring Clint Eastwood, which joins Rifleman beginning April 20. Additionally the network will air the miniseries Lonesome Dove and, for the very first time on AMC, its sequel, Return to Lonesome Dove.

“A new episode of ‘Hell On Wheels’ on Saturday night after a full day of western fan favorites is going to be like the saddle on top of the horse,” said Charlie Collier, President and General Manager, AMC. “This is a programmer’s dream – to have a genre specific, 14-hour lead-in to one of your highest rated originals. We are so excited about this opportunity to entertain AMC’s audience in a new way.”

“Hell on Wheels” showrunner, John Wirth, says the new season “will be a western about work -- the building of the railroad, the binding of the nation after the Civil War, and the rehabilitation of the men who lived and fought their way through those exploits. This season we're placing Cullen Bohannon at the center of the show, and taking him away from the revenge motive which propelled him into the series.” He continues, “AMC has raised the bar for television dramas, they've set the gold standard. There's nothing else like this on television.”

“Hell on Wheels,” was the second highest series launch in AMC history and was also a top 20 program for engagement among age 25-54 (IAG) for the broadcast season for 2011-2012. The series’ second season wrapped in October 2012 with an average of 2.4 million total viewers and 3.2 million viewers with Live plus 7. “Hell on Wheels” was developed by Endemol USA. The series is produced by leading independent studio, Entertainment One (eOne) and Nomadic Pictures. eOne’s Television CEO John Morayniss and EVP US scripted television Michael Rosenberg oversee production in partnership with co-producers Mike Frislev and Chad Oakes from Nomadic Pictures.

Because I can,
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 01, 2013, 12:45:02 PM »

This season we're placing Cullen Bohannon at the center of the show, and taking him away from the revenge motive which propelled him into the series.”

This doesnt sound good. 

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2013, 07:40:43 PM »

Why not?  A show solely about revenge can get real old, real quick.  Especially when the folks you're trying to get revenge on are about 3 or 4 guys in total.  Unless you REALLY pad the scripts, that's one...maybe two seasons at most.

Taking the lead character out into the world and showing him evolve past that single note characterization is definitely the way to go.  Look at the last season.  The show was at its best when it explored his interaction with the railroad and his attempts to grow.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 08, 2013, 10:39:57 PM »

just a reminder Hell comes back Saturday.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2013, 12:12:41 AM »

interesting first couple of episodes.  looks like they are keeping the revenge idea, but giving it a new angle.

Because I can,
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2013, 12:35:22 AM »

They are?   icon_confused   What revenge are we talking about?

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 13, 2013, 12:46:25 AM »

Quote from: hepcat on August 13, 2013, 12:35:22 AM

They are?   icon_confused   What revenge are we talking about?

did you watch the first two episodes?  if not then don't click:

Spoiler for Hiden:
to me it seems that Durant is going after Bohannon after being booted due to him and Lily at the end of last season.  Remember, they only said they were dropping Cullen's motive for revenge, now it looks like it's Durant's turn.

Because I can,
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 13, 2013, 01:15:09 AM »

Ah, I thought you were referring to Cullen only.  I think everyone's got revenge on their mind at this point...but it all seems centered around the railroad. 

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 23, 2013, 11:27:40 AM »

been quiet in here, is anyone still watching?  I caught up on a bunch of episodes this weekend (just getting to the one with cholera), and I don't know, it feels like the show is missing something.  only 2 episodes left this season, no word on a 4th yet.  ratings are slightly down, but not horribly so for the shows history, so I imagine there is still a chance for a possible final season.

Because I can,
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 23, 2013, 02:42:40 PM »

I'm actually enjoying this season quite a bit.  I find the Mormon storyline fascinating.  Doing a little research, it seems that historically these things did happen.  

Cullin's dealings with Durant are also especially good this season.

I love the addition of the kid, too.  I was afraid they'd just replace the blonde goddess from the first two seasons with the journalist and focus on a new love interest, but they seem to be avoiding that and instead are focusing on the other aspect of Cullin's past.  That of a father.  The scenes between the two are just great.  They show a side of Cullin that I think he's forgotten and I can't wait to see what happens when someone tries to harm that kid.  I'm guessing an ass kicking of biblical proportions.

I am confused about the storyline with the Irish brothers.  They suddenly (at least it seems sudden to me) introduced a backstory about one of the two being a murderer back in Boston?  Where the hell did THAT come from?   icon_confused

I'm also wondering when the hell Norsenstein is going to meander back into the main story.  

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 23, 2013, 02:53:27 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on September 23, 2013, 02:42:40 PM

I am confused about the storyline with the Irish brothers.  They suddenly (at least it seems sudden to me) introduced a backstory about one of the two being a murderer back in Boston?  Where the hell did THAT come from?   icon_confused

IIRC one of the very first episodes had one of them saying something about not meaning to kill someone in Boston, but then nothing.

Because I can,
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 23, 2013, 03:03:26 PM »

Sounds like they were setting up a story for future episodes.  Too bad they forgot about it themselves.

ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 26, 2013, 01:07:29 PM »

Just started watching the show on netflix.  Don't love it, but it's worth watching so far.

I very much like that Bohannon misses when he's shooting at people. A nice touch.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 26, 2013, 11:28:28 PM »

Quote from: ATB on September 26, 2013, 01:07:29 PM

Just started watching the show on netflix.  Don't love it, but it's worth watching so far.

I very much like that Bohannon misses when he's shooting at people. A nice touch.

the nice thing is with 10 episode seasons it isn't a huge time commitment either.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 06, 2013, 07:28:40 AM »

well, that was an.... odd.... season finale.  the whole think felt kind of flat and disjointed, like they weren't sure where to go next.  It is almost like they left so much hanging in an attempt to secure a season 4, which will be a big finger to the viewers if there isn't a next season.

Spoiler for Hiden:
I don't remember Cullen getting far enough with the Mormon girl to knock her up; I thought they got interrupted before he even got his pants off.  Even the look on his face of WTF; I think he is just buying time.

I'm not sure Elam is dead.  I bet that lone Indian rescues him and he becomes the Lone Ranger.

Norsenstein is probably creepier than that preacher from Poltergeist 2.

hmm.... I have a feeling Mickey was the actual killer in Boston.

Because I can,
jament
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 08, 2013, 05:35:31 PM »

I thought they did a good job wrapping it and tying the loose ends, yet keeping windows open in case they get another season.

If it's over -
Spoiler for Hiden:
Elam - dead. Tried something noble at the end, though.
Cullen - lives the rest of his days as a Mormon farmer, tormented by the Bishop. Call it penance for their sins. Both of them - 'cause you know that Cullen would make even punishing him a bitch.
Duran - builds the railroad and runs Cheyenne. Cheaters prosper, as usual.
Mickey - mayor of Cheyenne, parlays criminal career into political career. Cliche but realistic, at least.
Church Lady - embittered over loss of Cullen, raises kid as her own and becomes a bitter, old, spinster, ultra-judgmental church lady.  Like all church ladies, really.
Newspaper Lady - who gives a shit - geez, she was annoying.

Great series. Hope they're back for another one.
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 08, 2013, 05:53:15 PM »

As far as Im concerned they cancelled the series after season 2.  I watched the first 3 or 4 episodes this year and couldnt stomach any more.  They took an interesting show and devolved it into a soap opera. 

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 09, 2013, 03:30:57 PM »

If anything, season 2 was a soap opera.  Season 3 was far from it (at least until the final episodes).

But where you see soap opera, I see well done drama. 

To each their own.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 17, 2013, 08:36:05 AM »

AMC RENEWS Hell On Wheels, ITS SATURDAY NIGHT SUCCESS, FOR AN EXPANDED FOURTH SEASON

New York – November 14, 2013 – AMC announced today that it renewed its original Western drama Hell On Wheels for an expanded fourth season. For its third season, Hell On Wheels was moved to Saturday – a day that AMC has traditionally devoted to classic Western films and television shows – and the show attracted a larger audience than it had in its second season on Sunday nights. In its third season, Hell On Wheels delivered an average audience of 3.3 million viewers, live and with three days of time shifting.

“John Wirth and his team on both sides of the camera delivered a remarkable third season and Hell On Wheels fans responded. We are so proud of this show and congratulate everyone who has contributed to its success,” said Charlie Collier, AMC president. “AMC has served passionate Western fans for three decades, so it is particularly gratifying to see these viewers capping off their Saturdays with an original Western on what has historically been a tough night of the week for television. Our commitment to the genre is unwavering and we look forward to continuing to super-serve this audience with an expanded fourth season of Hell on Wheels.”

The season four renewal is for 13 episodes, following 10 hours in each of its first three seasons. Hell on Wheels will return to AMC next summer.

Executive produced by showrunner John Wirth (Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Falling Skies, The Cape), Mark Richard and Jeremy Gold, EVP of Creative Affairs, Endemol Studios, and starring Anson Mount, Colm Meaney, and Common, Hell on Wheels was developed by Endemol USA. The series is produced by leading independent studio, Entertainment One (eOne) and Nomadic Pictures. eOne’s Television CEO John Morayniss and EVP US scripted television Michael Rosenberg oversee production in partnership with co-producers Mike Frislev and Chad Oakes from Nomadic Pictures.

Because I can,
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: