http://gamingtrend.com
September 19, 2014, 02:25:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [reboot theater] Escape from New York  (Read 399 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: March 18, 2013, 08:55:24 PM »

Snake Plissken may be returning, this time as part of a trilogy.

Studio Canal, which partnered with Silver on the Liam Neeson action films Unknown and Non-Stop and the upcoming Sean Penn-starrer Prone Gunman, has entrusted Silver with the rights. Silver is planning an entirely new take on the material. The goal is to turn it into a trilogy, starting with an origin story in a fashion similar to the way Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes restarted that franchise. Studio Canal will finance development of the project before placing it with a studio. A writer search is underway.

if they're going to do this they should just skip remaking Escape and do three original stories instead of retelling what has already been done.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 09:02:00 PM »

I rewatched the sequel, Escape from Los Angeles a few months ago after it showed up on my DVR thanks to Tivo's "suggestion" feature.  

...it was not good.  I had honestly forgotten how absolutely horrid it was.  The original is a timeless classic though.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 09:25:54 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on March 18, 2013, 09:02:00 PM

The original is a timeless classic though.

How long since you saw this timeless classic? Too often my memory of books and movies doesn't hold up years later (e.g., the Dragonlance books I so enjoyed in high school).

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 05:21:49 AM »

I rewatched the sequel, Escape from Los Angeles a few months ago after it showed up on my DVR thanks to Tivo's "suggestion" feature.  

...it was not good.  I had honestly forgotten how absolutely horrid it was.  The original is a timeless classic though.

I just watched both of them a month or two back,and yeah the second is still quite shit...the basketball scene is still good though,the surfing scene...hmm,not so good

The first still holds up decently enough,and yeah it also had Adrienne Barbeau  nod

The problem for me is not the story for this remake,its all down to who will fill Snake's boots instead of Kurt Russell,right now i can not think of anyone who i would like to see as Snake,except Kurt Russell,and i guess he is too old  icon_cry

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 05:44:45 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on March 19, 2013, 05:21:49 AM

The problem for me is not the story for this remake,its all down to who will fill Snake's boots instead of Kurt Russell,right now i can not think of anyone who i would like to see as Snake,except Kurt Russell,and i guess he is too old  icon_cry

Karl Urban seems to be doing pretty good at filling other peoples boots nowadays.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 03:02:56 PM »

I could see Urban doing it. 

In the first one, Russell is just effortlessly Snake.  You know he's a badass because of what he DOESN'T say or do.  In the second one, they make his badassery into a caricature almost (the surfing, the hang gliding, etc.).  If they follow that formula they could make it work with Urban. 

Escape from New York will always hold a special place in my heart.  It was one of those films I saw at an honest to god drive in with my dad and some grade school friends.  I own the dvd (need to upgrade to blu ray someday on that one) and rewatch it every year or so.  It holds up surprisingly well.

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2013, 04:03:36 PM »

Karl Urban is better than the names mentioned in that link at least anyway

It would be interesting if the remake is popular and which way they would go for a sequel(i know i am getting ahead of myself here)

I had forgotten about the handgliding scene Hep..oh and the silly end with the EMP thing across the globe thing,but as bad as EFLA was,you know i still would of been up for a third film

Karl Urban's name reminds me that i still need to watch Dredd

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2013, 05:26:14 PM »

You should have watched it in the theater, damn it!  Maybe then we'd have been closer to a franchise!!   icon_mad  crybaby

...but teasing aside, you'll enjoy it.  It's a pretty damn good adaptation of the comic books.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2014, 07:40:15 PM »

yeah Dredd was great(sorry about the late reply..nearly a year Tongue)

I'm gonna put this out there
Spoiler for Hiden:
One of the best death scenes at the end

anyway,back on topic....

and it seems the prequel trilogy is still happening...but not that much new info,and still no screenplay

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/escape-from-new-york/29222/escape-from-new-york-reboot-plans-latest

"There was a videogame that came out a few years ago called Arkham City", he said, "which shows how when Gotham became this kind of walled prison and how it became a walled prison. And they never deal with that in the story of Escape From New York, so part of our idea was to kind of see how the city became this walled prison and how the Snake Plissken character was a hero and how he became not looked at as a hero".

He added that "and then, in the middle of the story would be the movie that we, you know, previously saw about the President’s daughter goes down, he has to go in and get her. And then, you know, they did a sequel, Escape From LA, but I would like to then kind of find a way to have New York go back to a place that we’d like to see what it is today".

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2014, 07:49:35 PM »

Treat it with the same respect they gave Rise of the Planet of the Apes and it could work.

forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2014, 09:19:11 PM »

That guy seems to be confusing the plot of Escape from NY and LA. 
Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2014, 12:33:15 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on March 19, 2013, 05:21:49 AM

The first still holds up decently enough,and yeah it also had Adrienne Barbeau  nod

otherwise known as "Big Boobs Barbeau"

I am....Migaloo
Rest in Peace, Nan & Star
XBL Schins67
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: