http://gamingtrend.com
October 02, 2014, 11:21:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [P]KERRY/EDWARDS ELECTION DIRECTIVE  (Read 3712 times)
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« on: October 14, 2004, 02:58:31 PM »

KERRY/EDWARDS ELECTION DIRECTIVE: CHARGE VOTER INTIMIDATION, EVEN IF NONE EXISTS!

'If no signs of intimidation techniques have emerged yet, launch a 'pre-emptive strike''...

The DRUDGE REPORT has obtained a 66-page mobilization plan to be issued by the Kerry/Edwards campaign and the Democratic National Committee...

http://www.drudgereport.com/

Surprise Surprise.

:roll:

This signature is not personal, at all.  If any of you honesty feel this POTUS (that was me being restrained by the way) is acting in our best interest...  I've a lot of useless crap to sell you. Wake the heck up.
Sepiche

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2004, 03:01:33 PM »

And with Drudge's track record how could he be wrong. Tongue

s

And when he had failed to find these boons in things whose laws are known and measurable, they told him he lacked imagination, and was immature because he preferred dream-illusions to the illusions of our physical creation
Driver
Gaming Trend Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2004, 03:02:09 PM »

So I can read the headline at Drudge, but there is no link to a story?  Gee, that's substantive. slywink

Seriously, is there a story link or just the front page siren?  Seems awful inflamatory not to provide a story to his supposed story.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2004, 03:14:23 PM »

XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX THU OCT 14, 2004 10:58:04 ET XXXXX

KERRY/EDWARDS ELECTION DIRECTIVE: CHARGE VOTER INTIMIDATION, EVEN IF NONE EXISTS

**World Exclusive**

The Kerry/Edwards campaign and the Democratic National Committee are advising election operatives to declare voter intimidation -- even if none exists, the DRUDGE REPORT can reveal.

A 66-page mobilization plan to be issued by the Kerry/Edwards campaign and the Democratic National Committee states: "If no signs of intimidation techniques have emerged yet, launch a 'pre-emptive strike.'"

http://www.drudgereport.com/dnc66.htm

Link to pdf file:

http://www.drudgereport.com/dnc.pdf

This signature is not personal, at all.  If any of you honesty feel this POTUS (that was me being restrained by the way) is acting in our best interest...  I've a lot of useless crap to sell you. Wake the heck up.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2004, 03:16:13 PM »

Freaking disgusting.

:x

th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2004, 03:17:44 PM »

I was always under the impression that Drudge's track record was pretty good.  Sure, he doesn't get it right all the time, but  who does (cough, CBS)?

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2004, 03:19:08 PM »

*snore*

Drudge is getting rather desperate now isn't he?

Don't worry Drudge, in 3 weeks there will be a new president and you can go back to the 24/7 bash the Democrat in office mode...

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2004, 03:20:59 PM »

Quote from: "Hetz"
*snore*

Drudge is getting rather desperate now isn't he?

Don't worry Drudge, in 3 weeks there will be a new president and you can go back to the 24/7 bash the Democrat in office mode...

LOL, way to ignore the real issue here...

Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2004, 03:23:05 PM »

Here is a link to the pdf file, which is more legible.

http://traderzone.us/dnc.pdf

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2004, 03:32:25 PM »

Yeah, cause we all know that Republicians would NEVER try anything like this...they are all squeaky clean angels.  :roll:

Hmm why doesn't Drudge obtain some secret documents from the Republicans, oh that's right cause he doesn't give a hoot about what they do.

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2004, 03:37:51 PM »

Yeah, cause we all know that Republicians would NEVER try anything like this...they are all squeaky clean angels.  :roll:

Hmm why doesn't Drudge obtain some secret documents from the Republicans, oh that's right cause he doesn't give a hoot about what they do.

Again, you can't justify it.  Period.  End of story.

It's despicable.

Siljanus
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2004, 03:38:25 PM »

Interesting image Eco-Logic.  I don't know if it actually states to bring up the charge of voter intimidation where none exist.  It does however call attention to the "possibility" of voter intimidation occuring and to be watchful for it.  Of course, if you blow enough smoke one may think there's a fire.

Thanks for posting this Eco-Logic.  I'm probably voting for that tall fella in the race but assuming this is an actual DNC document it sure sheds light on political tactics which I always find interesting.

Let us be thankful we have an occupation to fill. Work hard, increase production, prevent accidents and be happy.

Let us be thankful we have commerce. Buy more. Buy more now. Buy. And be happy.
SuperHiro

Pants on Fire

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2004, 03:42:48 PM »

I agree, this is despicable.

But to say that the GOP isn't doing this also is pretty naive. Implying that the Dems are the evil party while the GOP is squeaky clean is bizzare logic to say the least. I mean, look at what Tom Delay is getting nailed with now. Holy shit.

You have to accept the fact that most politicians are corrupt. And the current two party system is REALLY corrupt.

It's absolutely ridiculous to think that the GOP is playing this game straight also. Absolutely ridiculous.

Just Hiro will do.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2004, 03:54:40 PM »

Quote from: "SuperHiro"

But to say that the GOP isn't doing this also is pretty naive. Implying that the Dems are the evil party while the GOP is squeaky clean is bizzare logic to say the least. I mean, look at what Tom Delay is getting nailed with now. Holy shit.

You have to accept the fact that most politicians are corrupt. And the current two party system is REALLY corrupt.

It's absolutely ridiculous to think that the GOP is playing this game straight also. Absolutely ridiculous.

I haven't implied anything regarding the GOP.  

I would be more than willing to review evidence you have of the GOP practicing tactics similar to this, or anything else.

Sepiche

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2004, 04:18:19 PM »

I honestly don't see what you find "despicable" in that memo.

To summarize, all it says is that if there have been no reported incidents of voter fraud in your area, go to the media and others and make sure they are aware of actions in other states and in the past... keeping voter fraud in the minds of voters.  That is, given all the things that have been uncovereed that went on in Florida in 2000, a pretty good strategy IMHO.

s

And when he had failed to find these boons in things whose laws are known and measurable, they told him he lacked imagination, and was immature because he preferred dream-illusions to the illusions of our physical creation
Fireball

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2004, 04:31:48 PM »

Looking at this memo, or the one page that's been made available, I see nothing problematic with it. It's saying to lay the groundwork in advance to combat typical forms of Republican voter intimidation prior to the intimidation become clearly present. What's wrong with being proactive to combat voter intimidation?

After what the Republicans did in Florida in 2000, Democrats are right to be wary.

Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2004, 04:34:38 PM »

Quote from: "Fireball1244"

After what the Republicans did in Florida in 2000, Democrats are right to be wary.

LOL, you seem to forget that votes were counted and the personality-lacking Gore still would have lost.  

Whatever though, I expected this from the democrats and will be glad when this election is over.  Bush has his 4 more years and I get to laugh at 4 more years of democratic whining.

Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2004, 04:42:25 PM »

You mean kind of like how Democrats bussed in the homeless and promised them cigarettes if they voted for Democrats in Milwaukee.

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
Sepiche

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2004, 04:50:44 PM »

Well... I'll take the tactful approach and say that the question of who would have won Florida is still up to interpretation:
http://www.usccr.gov/pubs/vote2000/report/stmt.htm

"Our report concludes that there were election policies and practices in place that prevented some of Florida's residents from voting and others from having their votes counted."

"The Commission's investigation, however, revealed a more subtle and possibly more insidious form of disenfranchisement caused by the inexplicable lack of needed election resources and accountability of public officials entrusted to protect this critical and fundamental right."

But the fact that the president's brother is governor of that state is of course irrelevant. :roll:

s

Fireball

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2004, 05:08:17 PM »

Quote from: "Eco-Logic"
LOL, you seem to forget that votes were counted and the personality-lacking Gore still would have lost.  

That's disputable (most show a Bush victory, but some media recounts favored Gore, depending on the criteria used), but that's not what I was talking about.

What I was talking about was the thousands of black Floridians who came to the polls and were turned away because their names were on the lists of felons who were barred from voting, even though they were not felons. That Katherine Harris told the firm which compiled the list to use a broad standard, even after being told that this would result in many, many false positives.

The NAACP started receiving complaints from disenfranchised voters less than an hour after polls opened in Florida. What happened there was a disgrace to our democracy, and was certainly no accident.

That Katherine Harris could be both in charge of administering the election and be the head of Bush's Florida campaign is so sleazy that it makes me sick. That should be illegal in this country. In fact, all vote administration related offices should be strictly non-partisan, and those in them should not be allowed to act as a member of a partisan organization.

So, let's see. Republicans tear up Democratic voter registration cards in Oregon and Nevada, so hundreds, if not thousands, of voters will show up on Nov. 2 and discover that they're not actually registered to vote, despite having done so. And Katherine Harris leads a purge of blacks from voting rolls in Florida -- precisely enough of them that Bush won, with a little help from a badly designed ballot and confused voters in Palm Beach County.

And you have the gall of accusing the Democrats of being sleazy just because they're telling their folks to be on guard for Republican intimidation tactics?

Enough
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2004, 05:31:18 PM »

Quote from: "Eco-Logic"

I haven't implied anything regarding the GOP.  

I would be more than willing to review evidence you have of the GOP practicing tactics similar to this, or anything else.

Here you go you can review this .  

Found the following links which all seem to point to the same company that is suspected of tearing up Democratic voter registration forms in Las Vegas. It has set up registration drives in Pennsylvania, Minnesota, Michigan, Ohio, West Virginia, Florida and Nevada and is accused of the same things in most if not all of these states.  Sproul & Associates is a Republican consulting firm run by Nathan Sproul, former head of the Arizona Republican party and Arizona Christian Coalition.

Nevada:
Voters Outreach of America AKA America Votes tears up Democratic voter registration forms in Nevada.

Oregon:
Company claiming affiliation with non-partisan 'America Votes' to register voters in Oregon is actually GOP consulting firm Sproul & Associates, Inc.

West Virginia and Pennsylvania:
Sproul & Associates AKA America Votes workers in WV and PA refuse to register Kerry voters.

Oregon
Democrats in Oregon have complained that canvassers for Arizona based Sproul & Associates have been pressuring residents to register as Republicans so that they can get paid.

Arizona
Arizona Nader campaign was assisted in its petition drive by an unlikely figure: the ultra-conservative former executive director of the Arizona Republican Party, Nathan Sproul.

About Sproul:
Good background story on Sproul and his political track record, cached on Google.

The link:
Here is the direct link between Sproul and Voters Outreach of America.

According to several sources, two of the contractors Sproul hired to oversee petition gathering for No Taxpayer Money For Politicians -- Aaron "A.J." James, who directs Voters' Outreach of America, and Diane Burns -- were also paid by Sproul to get as many signatures as possible for Nader.

Good stuff, so far. But the reader then asks the key question -- who is paying for these efforts?

The answer?

KLAS-TV, Las Vegas:
"The company has been largely, if not entirely funded, by the Republican National Committee."

CareerBuild.com listing:
Help wanted ad for Voters Outreach of America says "Paid for by the Republican National Committee".
The Republican Party is funding these efforts. The link is direct and unambiguous.

Meanwhile, Bob Johnson has got a diary with more information on this developing scandal. As he says,
[C]ritical is the fact that Sproul and his organization misrepresented themselves to voters as a legitimate, nonpartisan GOTV organization. That is fraud, my friends.

C`Cak
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2004, 06:08:20 PM »

The left in this country is the reincarnation of Hitler and the Bolshiveks.
Sepiche

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2004, 06:12:02 PM »

Quote from: "C`Cak"

LOL

Wow... just... WOW. smile

s

SuperHiro

Pants on Fire

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2004, 06:16:55 PM »

Just Hiro will do.
C`Cak
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2004, 06:18:42 PM »

Quote from: "Sepiche"

LOL

Wow... just... WOW. smile

s

Lolhahah hahaha laugh it up. If only you realized what was about to happen. laugh while you can. laugh all day and all night.
Exodor
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2004, 06:23:41 PM »

Lolhahah hahaha laugh it up. If only you realized what was about to happen. laugh while you can. laugh all day and all night.

Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2004, 06:29:34 PM »

Enough, if all that is true that is despicable as well.

Cota
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2004, 06:37:15 PM »

I missed you.

-Cota
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2004, 07:24:17 PM »

Can someone tell CCak to go crawl back into whatever hole he came out of. I am hoping we can such  blatant trolls and flame baiters out of Console Gold.
TC Weidner
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2004, 07:34:43 PM »

Yeah, GOP would never supress the vote - Umm Oh wait thats exactly their inner city strategy.
---------------------------------------
Milwaukee County Executive Scott Walker, citing vote-fraud concerns, is publicly balking at a City of Milwaukee request for almost 260,000 additional ballots in anticipation of high turnout for the Nov. 2 presidential election.

Mayor Tom Barrett blasted Walker's stance, and Common Council President Willie Hines Jr. immediately joined in, saying it was an attempt to suppress the central-city vote.

"I'm going to lay this at the footsteps of the county if there aren't enough ballots in the city," said Barrett.

Barrett said that the 679,000 ballots the county had agreed to print were less than the amount prepared for the presidential election in 2000 as well as for the the gubernatorial race in 2002. He and the city's top election official said that the city requested 938,000 ballots from the county, which, by law, pays for and prints ballots.

-------------------------------------

Found the following links which all seem to point to the same company that is suspected of tearing up Democratic voter registration forms in Las Vegas. It has set up registration drives in Pennsylvania, Minnesota, Michigan, Ohio, West Virginia, Florida and Nevada and is accused of the same things in most if not all of these states.  Sproul & Associates is a Republican consulting firm run by Nathan Sproul, former head of the Arizona Republican party and Arizona Christian Coalition.

Nevada:
Voters Outreach of America AKA America Votes tears up Democratic voter registration forms in Nevada.

Oregon:
Company claiming affiliation with non-partisan 'America Votes' to register voters in Oregon is actually GOP consulting firm Sproul & Associates, Inc.

West Virginia and Pennsylvania:
Sproul & Associates AKA America Votes workers in WV and PA refuse to register Kerry voters.

Oregon
Democrats in Oregon have complained that canvassers for Arizona based Sproul & Associates have been pressuring residents to register as Republicans so that they can get paid.

Arizona
Arizona Nader campaign was assisted in its petition drive by an unlikely figure: the ultra-conservative former executive director of the Arizona Republican Party, Nathan Sproul.

About Sproul:
Good background story on Sproul and his political track record, cached on Google.

The link:
Here is the direct link between Sproul and Voters Outreach of America.

According to several sources, two of the contractors Sproul hired to oversee petition gathering for No Taxpayer Money For Politicians -- Aaron "A.J." James, who directs Voters' Outreach of America, and Diane Burns -- were also paid by Sproul to get as many signatures as possible for Nader.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2004, 07:43:43 PM »

Make it productive or drop out of the conversation.  Quantify in a constructive fashion why you feel this way backing it up with fact, not conjecture, please.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Sepiche

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2004, 07:44:44 PM »

You know, it's funny.  In fairness I think both sides (to a greater or lesser degree *cough* smile ) are guilty of tampering in one way or another with the election.

That said it's terribly ironic that we are finding all of these crooked dealings going on with our electoral system at the same time we are trying to export our democracy around the world.

What hope do the people of Africa, Afghanistan, or Iraq have if we can't even get our $hit together here?  :cry:

s

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: