http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 01:03:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [P] Fox News projects Ohio to Bush  (Read 2815 times)
pr0ner
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« on: November 03, 2004, 05:53:02 AM »

I had to post this here.

Fox News broke early on this one, contradicting their caution the rest of the evening.  Bush will win Ohio, and their 20 votes.  With the rest of the states trending as they are, Bush will win the majority of votes needed to win the election.

Mike

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2004, 05:58:56 AM »

I don't know.. what I see is Bush ahead by a mere 100,000 votes with only 86% of the precincts reporting. There's no telling how many votes are sitting in that last 14%. Bush has lost ground something to the tune of 60,000 votes in the last hour.

I've been in election block-out mode since about 1 this afternoon and now that it's close to some form of half-assed resolution I finally feel the drive to pay some attention.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2004, 06:05:19 AM »

NBC has now followed suit.

Mike

warning

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2004, 06:17:15 AM »

Quote from: "pr0ner"
NBC has now followed suit.

Mike

Yep.  MSNBC's all over it.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2004, 06:19:37 AM »

CNN still has not called, and internal Kerry people are claiming that there are 200,000 provisional ballots in Ohio, the vast majority of which people think are for last minute Kerry supporters, that still must be validated and could swing that state if Kerry can pull within 50,000 in the next half hour or so.
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2004, 06:19:58 AM »

I see the bush lead grew again in like the 10 minutes it took me to look around, write that post, get something to drink, and then come back. Crazy.

Regardless it does look like they're right now. They're also showing Alaska going to Bush as well.

One more state goes to bush and he's in yet again.

pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2004, 06:20:46 AM »

I really don't think the provisional votes will be counted.  There some real fishy stuff going on in Ohio from both sides with regards to those, methinks.  Do we REALLY need another 2000?

Mike

Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2004, 06:24:02 AM »

I dont know how they called Florida when they themselves said they wont have the absentee ballets counted till Thursday.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2004, 06:26:18 AM »

Quote from: "Daehawk"
I dont know how they called Florida when they themselves said they wont have the absentee ballets counted till Thursday.

Absentee ballots will trend heavily for Bush in Florida, since a vast majority of them will be military.  Also, they know how many ballots were sent out, and can project how many they'll get back based off what they have received.  I believe this is done by party.  And I don't think the absentee ballots can overcome a 363,000 vote difference.

Mike

dangerballs

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2004, 06:26:50 AM »

Quote from: "Daehawk"

Based on the current margin of victory and the trending for the absentee ballots to go 2-for-1 to Bush.

What's Cooking at Hacienda de Bolas del Peligro?

PC: Tomb Raider | Xbox360: GTA V | PS3: Infamous 2, Ni No Kuni
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2004, 06:31:25 AM »

Not only that, but it's possible that the total number of absentee ballots is less than Bush's current lead, meaning that even if every single one went for Kerry he'd still lose the state.

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2004, 06:38:53 AM »

Ohio Secretary of State is now saying that absentee ballots have already been counted, anywhere from 200,000 or more provisional ballots likely exist, but they will not be counted until 11 days from the date of the election.

Bush's lead is under 100,000 as of the time of this post.
olaf

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2004, 08:12:58 AM »

Quote from: "Rage"
Ohio Secretary of State is now saying that absentee ballots have already been counted, anywhere from 200,000 or more provisional ballots likely exist, but they will not be counted until 11 days from the date of the election.

Bush's lead is under 100,000 as of the time of this post.

Where are you hearing that from?  I dont see how they could have counted the absentee ballots yet.  They accept them as long as they are postmarked by today, so there is no possible way they have all been counted.

I dont see anyway that Kerry makes up the 100K deficit.

olaf
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2004, 08:17:45 AM »

CNN had him on.  CNN is officially calling Ohio too close to call.  They're also showing reports from Iowa that say they won't have a final tally until tomorrow due to a couple of counting machines breaking down and fatigue among election workers.  We won't have a definite President until tomorrow at the earliest, November 13-14th at the latest.
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2004, 02:26:01 PM »

I really don't think the provisional votes will be counted.  There some real fishy stuff going on in Ohio from both sides with regards to those, methinks.  Do we REALLY need another 2000?

Mike
We don't need another 2000, but we really do need every vote to be counted.   :x
Greggy_D

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2004, 02:48:03 PM »

OHIO
100% of Precincts Reporting
George W. Bush 2,777,645 - 51 percent
John Kerry 2,632,547 - 48 percent

That's over 145,000 votes.

All 150,000 provisional votes are NOT going to be for Kerry.  He needs to give it up.
Sepiche

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2004, 02:48:56 PM »

Quote from: "kathode"

Mike
We don't need another 2000, but we really do need every vote to be counted.   :x

That's exactly right.  With all the new voters, the last thing you want is those votes to be thrown out.  I have a feeling voter apathy will be at an all time high after this election to begin with, no need to do anything to add to that. :|

s

And when he had failed to find these boons in things whose laws are known and measurable, they told him he lacked imagination, and was immature because he preferred dream-illusions to the illusions of our physical creation
Greggy_D

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2004, 02:54:06 PM »

It's funny that all the Dems that were crying about abolishing the Electoral College (and using the popular vote) in 2000 are now crying that they want to use it.  All because George W whupped them by 3 million votes in the popular vote.
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2004, 03:10:25 PM »

Quote from: "kathode"

Mike
We don't need another 2000, but we really do need every legal vote to be counted.   :x

Small correction. Not that I think you're saying that we should count the illegal votes, but I just heard some moron on the radio saying that it doesn't matter if the votes are legal or illegal, they should *all* count.
rshetts
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2004, 03:20:54 PM »

Its funny that people generalize when talking about those Dems.  I disagree with the electoral college as a voting format both in 2000 and now.  This should be a majority wins vote.  Of course if it had been that way, the Bush wouldnt be running as an incumbent now would he.  The embassment of Florida wouldnt have mattered and the election would have been resolved right away.   If the popular vote is ignored in an election, the democratic process has failed.  If Bush wins the popular vote, then he wins, thats the way it should be.  I voted Democratic and feel that if Bush wins, then the country as a whole has lost, but thats just my opinion, based on the previous 4 years.  Still, if he wins the popular vote, then he won.  Thats good enough for me and thats how the process should work.
Greggy_D

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2004, 03:38:31 PM »

I'm not generalizing about ALL Dems......just the same Talking Head Dems that are always on all the news channels every election year
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2004, 04:11:46 PM »

And since it's all about Ohio, I bring you this image:

Which button do you push/cut out for Bush? Notice how 6 and 10 line up, but not the other two...

Note - I have no idea if this image is true or not, but I found it funny.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2004, 04:13:26 PM »

Everyone's got talking heads.  So the D's have people who flip flop on the electoral college.

Well, you've got Pat Robertson.  Enjoy.
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2004, 04:15:14 PM »

Kerry just conceded.   biggrin  biggrin

Mike

whispa
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2004, 04:19:43 PM »

Looks like Bush won...

What a dissapointment
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2004, 04:21:04 PM »

Indeed, Bush and his greedy religious zealots get to terrorize the world for another 4 years.
Falator
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2004, 04:23:10 PM »

Kerry just conceded.   biggrin  biggrin

Mike

Well, that stinks. One can only hope that Bush doesn't rush to any more useless wars and/or destroy our civil rights because his religion disagrees with them. Fat chance of either of those not happening though frown

Now we can only wait and hope that bush's stupidity doesn't destroy our once great country :x

oh and i agree 100% on the religious zealot comment above. I worry for our nation when people like that are in control.
draegun
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2004, 04:37:56 PM »

Quote from: "Greggy_D"
It's funny that all the Dems that were crying about abolishing the Electoral College (and using the popular vote) in 2000 are now crying that they want to use it.  All because George W whupped them by 3 million votes in the popular vote.

3 whole million votes??  Wow.  That's a lot.  What is it . . . 1% of the national population.  Whupped, indeed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: