http://gamingtrend.com
April 19, 2014, 10:19:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [NHL] 2010 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic  (Read 446 times)
Clanwolfer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: January 01, 2010, 01:49:40 PM »

Just woke up here in Boston - the weather looks great for hockey (slightly above freezing, possibility of a few snow flurries). Going to head out pretty soon here, get down to Yawkey Way, and get myself one of those Winter Classic B's jerseys. Hotel here is crawling with Philly fans, and on the train on the way here, the conductor gave a "Let's Go Bruins" and got roundly booed (since the train was coming from Philly to Boston).

I'm super excited - I know it's once a year, not once a lifetime, but there's just something indescribably cool about the excitement of going to OUTDOORS HOCKEY!!111one in person.

fyedaddy

Ass

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 02:42:44 PM »

I'm not a fan of either team (Hawks fan here) but I am a hockey fan and am excited to catch this game today. I hope you have fun and enjoy your experience today!

XBox Live ID: fyedaddy

"I give up - Go with the DS. It's far better."
"Nintendo is King, and anyone who says otherwise is wrong."
 --Devil
Koz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 05:34:01 PM »

GO BRUINS!!!

Sounds like it's supposed to rain in Boston today. I wonder how that will impact the game. I'm excited nonetheless.
ArmyOfOne
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2010, 07:33:28 PM »

So far this has been my favorite Winter Classic game.  I can think of no better city in the US to host it.

Bobby Clarke, Bobby Orr, the Dropkick Murphys, Carcillo and Thornton going at it in the first period.  Awesome.

Go Bruins!
Rich
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2010, 09:17:39 PM »

As a Sharks fan it was great to see Sturm get that goal.  Great game, Philly has to be kicking themselves on fanning on the open net right before Boston took it down for the game winner.  There should be more than one of these every year, so fun to watch them outside.

SteamID - Rich-NauticaLNaughT
XBox 360 - NauticaLNaughT
PS3 - PTCynic
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2010, 09:18:07 PM »

Quote from: Rich on January 01, 2010, 09:17:39 PM

As a Sharks fan it was great to see Sturm get that goal.  Great game, Philly has to be kicking themselves on fanning on the open net right before Boston took it down for the game winner.  There should be more than one of these every year, so fun to watch them outside.

There's a great chance there will be a 2nd outdoor game next year, in Calgary.

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
kratz

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2010, 09:36:45 PM »

Good game.
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2010, 11:10:01 PM »

I'm afraid I can't see what was so good about it, other than the Bruins tieing it and sending it to overtime. I can appreicate a low scoring game as much as the next person, but that game had far too many missed shots, missed opportunities and too much chippy and sloppy play IMO. I'm glad the Bruins won it, otherwise it really would have been a case of the more deserving team loosing. Great to see Mike Richards choke yet again at putting a game away - just soooo glad he's on Team Canada.  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 11:11:34 PM by kronovan » Logged
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2010, 11:13:57 PM »

WOW!  What a finish!

That was one hell of a time - Fenway Park was just picturesque, and the NHL did just a fantastic job of prettifying it all for hockey.  I love that they went all-out to add Bruins iconography to the whole park (retired B's numbers by the Sox numbers, etc.).  Marching all the icons out there was great, too - I mean, Bobby freaking Orr!

LOT of Flyers fans there - maybe it was just my location, but it seemed like they out-passioned the Bruins fans if they didn't outnumber them, right up until that wild finish.

Everyone kind of had the thought that there would be a fight, and that didn't disappoint either - glad it happened organically instead of a staged bout off of the face-off.

Couldn't have asked for better weather, and night falling as the overtime period started was just picturesque.

All in all - just freaking absolutely fantastic.  smile

DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2010, 01:45:31 AM »

Another great game. I have watched all three, and I just love the idea.

Bruins pulled off a nice win and Thomas goes to the Olympics.

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: