http://gamingtrend.com
September 23, 2014, 04:32:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [NFL] Sean Taylor died from gunshot wound  (Read 704 times)
namatoki
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: November 27, 2007, 07:26:16 PM »

From NFL.com, http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d804946ac&template=with-video&confirm=true

Pretty sad to see such a young talented player go like that. frown
gellar
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 07:27:07 PM »

Yeah I've been following this one... pretty nuts and pretty sad.

gellar
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 07:31:24 PM »

That's just crazy.  Poor guy had a girlfriend and child.  It's terrible...
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2007, 09:03:10 PM »

I have been following this one too since yesterday. Redskins are my hometown team, and while I have hated them passionately for most of my life, I was starting to hate them less with 3000 miles separating us. This is just very sad. Taylor was one hell of a tackler and hit people hard. Don't know much about him personally but he seemed like a decent dude. Big time suck.
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2007, 09:08:11 PM »

I hate to say this but when someone is shot in the groin in his bedroom with no signs of forced entry it doesn't look like a typical robbery.  I think there is more to this than meets the eye.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Scott

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2007, 09:13:05 PM »

Apparently Taylor was 'growing up' this year as well after the birth of his child, as opposed to the player that off the field incidents in the past.  I feel badly for his child, who won't really get to know Taylor.

---
XBox Live: ScottW
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2007, 09:18:07 PM »

Quote from: denoginizer on November 27, 2007, 09:08:11 PM

I hate to say this but when someone is shot in the groin in his bedroom with no signs of forced entry it doesn't look like a typical robbery.  I think there is more to this than meets the eye.

umm, the first line in the news story quotes the police as saying that is was "an intruder who forcibly entered his residence."

Link

Did you read/watch the news before you posted?
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2007, 09:52:50 PM »

I read a story earlier yesterday before he died that said the police found no signs of forced entry.  CNN seems to have gotten better information.

Also the CNN story states:

"Taylor's home also was reported broken into eight days earlier on November 18, according to Miami-Dade police.

During that incident, someone forced open a window and left a kitchen knife on a bed, according to the police report. Several drawers and a bedroom safe had been searched during the break-in, the report said.

No one knows whether the first invasion is related to Monday's attack, Sharpstein said. "It is a high probability that it was the same people or some related people that returned."

I just get the feeling that there was more involved here than a simple robbery gone wrong.  I guess time will tell.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 09:54:42 PM by denoginizer » Logged

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2007, 10:01:28 PM »

Sad  icon_frown

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2007, 11:47:33 PM »

It's sad, I'm a lifelong 'Skins fan (I know right now they're underpaid and underachieving, but given this senseless tragedy, it just doesn't seem important now).  tear

It really did seem like he was gradually cleaning up his life off the field and to some extent his behavior on the field. I really think his couple nasty spitting incidents years ago came from entering the draft early and generally playing like he had a chip on his shoulder. He still hit hard this year, but I don't recall any of the hits-to-the-head penalties like year's past and he seemed to enjoy being a more pass-defense oriented free safety this year. He had a penchant for missing tackles and coverage sometimes in years past but he was really playing smart this year.

Every time I hear about someone in their teens or 20s dying, esp. in violent crimes, I just hate that their family and friends don't get a chance to see them grow, mature and become whatever they were going to be. I would've liked to have seen Taylor finish his career with the 'Skins, grow paunchy with grey hair. He'd come back to FedEx field on "old timer's day" and maybe tell a self-effacing joke about what an immature punk he was when he first came out of college. We'll never get to see that. frown

I know around here pundits are saying "Why do I feel bad about Sean Taylor and not all the other youngsters getting killed by gun violence?" I think any loss just hits harder when it's someone you rooted for and were used to seeing on TV every week. I don't think any fan should feel like a hypocrite that they're upset about his death.

I don't think he was a saint, but I do think he was heading in the right direction with his life, and that's really the tragic thing, more so than the Redskins losing their linchpin on defense.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 11:54:37 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (it's out!; post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
Eightball

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2007, 01:17:09 AM »

Agreed Blackjack.  Lifelong skins fan also.

It appears once his daughter was born, he really grew up.  Too bad he couldn't outrun his past.
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2007, 01:44:16 AM »

Quote from: Calvin on November 27, 2007, 09:03:10 PM

I have been following this one too since yesterday. Redskins are my hometown team, and while I have hated them passionately for most of my life, I was starting to hate them less with 3000 miles separating us. This is just very sad. Taylor was one hell of a tackler and hit people hard. Don't know much about him personally but he seemed like a decent dude. Big time suck.

I think everyone has been following it since yesterday, since that's when it happened Tongue
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: