http://gamingtrend.com
October 01, 2014, 09:07:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEWS]Child remains found in Orlando near Anthony home  (Read 3056 times)
Isgrimnur
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: December 11, 2008, 05:42:26 PM »

CNN

Remains described as being those of a small child were found Thursday near the home of missing toddler Caylee Anthony's grandparents, a spokesman for the Orange County, Florida, sheriff's office told CNN.  The discovery was made about 9:30 a.m. by a utility worker, who alerted authorities, spokesman Jim Solomons said. Investigators, including those from the Anthony case and defense team, were on the scene, he said.

Police Capt. Angelo Nieves was reluctant to disclose details of the discovery to reporters at the scene, other than to say the skeletal remains found in a plastic bag appeared consistent with those of a young child. The Anthony family has been notified of the discovery, he said.
Solomons said he could not confirm reports that the body was that of a small girl. Asked about the distance from the site to Casey Anthony's parents' home, he said it would be "very safe to say it's in very close proximity."

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 08:28:36 PM »

sad day for that family.  if the mother (dare she even call herself one) is found guilty, i hope she hangs. 

msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 08:44:47 PM »

There have been hundreds of people combing that area for months now. Either they all did a really bad job, or the body was just dumped there.

At least, that was my first thought when I saw it on the news.

Quote from: Caine on December 11, 2008, 08:28:36 PM

sad day for that family.  if the mother (dare she even call herself one) is found guilty, i hope she hangs. 

I also would like to see the mother hang, but I have no sympathy for the grandparents.

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 08:46:40 PM »

Quote from: msteelers on December 11, 2008, 08:44:47 PM

There have been hundreds of people combing that area for months now. Either they all did a really bad job, or the body was just dumped there.

I also would like to see the mother hang, but I have no sympathy for the grandparents.

i haven't followed the trail around the grandparents.  anyone care to give me the cliff notes version? 

edited due to a miswording.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 08:58:57 PM by Caine » Logged

SkyLander

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 08:50:09 PM »

Who?

Pretty....what do we blow up first?
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2008, 09:46:08 PM »

ABC

The area around the remains, swarmed by more than two dozen officials including FBI agents, was searched by police previously but had been flooded at the time.

msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2008, 04:09:11 PM »

Quote from: Caine on December 11, 2008, 08:46:40 PM

i haven't followed the trail around the grandparents.  anyone care to give me the cliff notes version? 

edited due to a miswording.

Cliff notes version is the grandparents are crazy, and can't stop talking no matter which lawyer tells them to shut up.

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2008, 09:11:06 PM »

well, if they know something, they should be talking, although if they can't keep the story straight, i'm inclined to think they have something to hide.

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2008, 07:06:51 PM »

Current press conference.

The remains have been confirmed by nuclear DNA analysis by the FBI that it is Caylee Anthony.  There is no evident trauma to the bones.  Toxicology is still outstanding.  Manner of death is homicide.  Cause is undetermined at this time and may be revised.

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2011, 06:24:34 PM »

Arise.

Casey Anthony has been found not guilty of first-degree murder in the 2008 death of her 2-year-old daughter Caylee. She was also found not guilty of aggravated child abuse and aggravated manslaughter.

She was found guilty of some charges of giving false information.

The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2011, 06:26:34 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on July 05, 2011, 06:24:34 PM

Arise.

Casey Anthony has been found not guilty of first-degree murder in the 2008 death of her 2-year-old daughter Caylee. She was also found not guilty of aggravated child abuse and aggravated manslaughter.

She was found guilty of some charges of giving false information.

Nancy Grace might explode.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2011, 06:29:22 PM »

Holy Hell!!!!

Really, not Guilty?!

So that crazed, sociopathic bitch gets to walk scott free? You mean a month of lies, lies, lies wasn't enough for a jury to see she did do something to kill and get rid of her own flesh and blood?

eek eek
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2011, 06:32:12 PM »

Man, where is Dexter Morgan when we need him.  icon_razz
ArmyOfOne
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2011, 06:37:26 PM »

I am utterly stunned.  I can't possibly imagine how a not guilty verdict was reached.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 06:40:45 PM by ArmyOfOne » Logged
SkyLander

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2011, 07:48:11 PM »

Quote from: ArmyOfOne on July 05, 2011, 06:37:26 PM

I am utterly stunned.  I can't possibly imagine how a not guilty verdict was reached.

Considering nobody outside of the the people involved in the trial have all of the hard facts about the case. I, am not stunned.

Yay for armchair lawyering.

The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2011, 07:57:21 PM »

Quote from: SkyLander on July 05, 2011, 07:48:11 PM

Considering nobody outside of the the people involved in the trial have all of the hard facts about the case. I, am not stunned.

But people watch Law & Order!!!  They know how the justice system works!!!!

PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2011, 08:00:51 PM »

Ok, I'll bite. Who killed Caylee Anthony then, Skylander? If Caylee was actually kidnapped and killed by some erratic pedophile, why would Casey Anthony wait over a month to report it to the authorities? Why would she invent a kidnapping nanny person?

John Douglas, who wrote the groundbreaking book 'Mindhunter' based on his 30-year career as a profiler for the FBI, points out in that book that in most of these child murder cases the killer turns out to be a parent.
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2011, 08:06:33 PM »

Quote from: PR_GMR on July 05, 2011, 08:00:51 PM

Ok, I'll bite. Who killed Caylee Anthony then, Skylander? If Caylee was actually kidnapped and killed by some erratic pedophile, why would Casey Anthony wait over a month to report it to the authorities? Why would she invent a kidnapping nanny person?

John Douglas, who wrote the groundbreaking book 'Mindhunter' based on his 30-year career as a profiler for the FBI, points out in that book that in most of these child murder cases the killer turns out to be a parent.

I believe the case presented by the defense was she died accidentally and they got scared and covered it up.

Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2011, 08:08:33 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on July 05, 2011, 08:06:33 PM

I believe the case presented by the defense was she died accidentally and they got scared and covered it up.

And hey, that's A-OK with us!  retard

X360 - Nonnahob

A few nights ago I played a while with Hardon and we had a good time. - PhillyPeteRock
VWBug
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2011, 08:21:45 PM »

thumbsdown   disgust

Torches and Happiness!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 08:25:09 PM by VWBug » Logged
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2011, 08:22:29 PM »

Somebody killed her, sure. But there was no direct evidence linking Casey Anthony to her daughter's death. No DNA. No fingerprints. No witnesses. Nothing. Did she probably do it? Yeah. But probably doesn't cut it when it comes to a conviction.
soulbringer
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2011, 08:25:27 PM »

I'll bite as well.  Casey killed her daughter but the prosecution did not prove it.  Where was the forensic evidence that she did it. Just a few examples. There was no DNA connecting her to the murder.  There were no fingerprints on the duct tape.  They kept harping on the smell of death in the car but then there were 9 others that were around the car several of them that were in law enforcement that did not smell the scent of decomposition.  The medical examiner did not prove a cause of death that could be tied to Casey.  The only thing they did prove was that she lied to the police and she was convicted of that.  Yes I believe that she is guilty.  Yes I believe that she wanted to party and have fun rather then care for her child but it was not proven without a reasonable doubt.  
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2011, 08:38:10 PM »

No evidence, no conviction. That's fine and dandy. My wish for Casey Anthony is for bad karma to consume her soul alive.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2011, 08:45:21 PM »

It's very easy for everyone to "know" who killed someone.  It's very hard to prove it.  That's how the legal system works.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
SkyLander

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2011, 10:56:45 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on July 05, 2011, 08:45:21 PM

It's very easy for everyone to "know" who killed someone.  It's very hard to prove it.  That's how the legal system works.

I just meant that a lot of peoples opinions are fed off of the media and there general sensationalist outlook. Without being there and seeing all the evidence provided. You can say she's totally guilty but all you've seen is what has leaked out.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2011, 11:13:08 PM »

My CSI watching skills leads me to believe that OJ did it.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
JuniorDan

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2011, 11:30:41 PM »

Iam sick to my stomach. It is very funny to see as I do my business here in Orlando how everyone feels that she is going turn up dead if she stays here. Well if she does, whom ever gets accused now know which lawyer to hire to get them off.

PS
local news now talking about people gathering in the family neighborhood.
I dont know why because I cant see her heading back home after all the accusations on here parents by her.

360 GAMERTAG:Juniordan       ()  ()  ()
Wii: 2834 4528 4246 3222 ()  ()  ()
PS3 Spinks
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2011, 11:35:05 PM »

She's still being held on the charges of which she was found guilty.  It's not like she just walked out of the courtroom onto the street today. 

brettmcd

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2011, 12:18:53 AM »

The actions she took after her daughter disappeared were the actions of a guilty person.   She killed her daughter I have zero doubt in my mind about that.
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2011, 12:27:19 AM »

i posted this over at OO but i figured i would post it here as well.....

i'm betting she'll be married and pregnant within a year (assuming she is released later this week).

Biyobi

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2011, 12:56:46 AM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on July 05, 2011, 11:35:05 PM

She's still being held on the charges of which she was found guilty.  It's not like she just walked out of the courtroom onto the street today. 

She'll walk on Thursday after the sentencing.  Even if the judge decides that her four counts be served consecutively (4 years total), having served 2.5 years already she'll be out with time served and probation.
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2011, 03:53:27 AM »

Just because she was acquitted, it doesnt mean she didnt do it.  It just means the prosecution failed to prove beyond a reasonable doubt, that she did.  The system works that way to protect the innocent and unfortunately sometimes the guilty go free.  If she did in fact do this heinous crime, I hope that kharma drops a 2 ton anvil on her evil head. 

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
Mr. Fed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2011, 04:26:35 AM »

I believe based on what I have seen on television and in partially read magazine articles that my evaluation of the evidence is better than that of the jurors who watched the entire trial and were instructed on the law and deliberated.  My evaluation is also superior to that of the alternate juror who did not deliberate but told reporters that he also felt the prosecution had not proved the case beyond a reasonable doubt.

Popehat, a blog.  Now 35% less ugly!
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2011, 06:06:57 AM »

Quote from: Mr. Fed on July 06, 2011, 04:26:35 AM

I believe based on what I have seen on television and in partially read magazine articles that my evaluation of the evidence is better than that of the jurors who watched the entire trial and were instructed on the law and deliberated.  My evaluation is also superior to that of the alternate juror who did not deliberate but told reporters that he also felt the prosecution had not proved the case beyond a reasonable doubt.
+1

I agree with your assessment that you are a better judge slywink

I've never understood how few people grasp how our legal system actually works.  The benefits of giving an innocent person a chance are worth the occasional sick psycho that gets off.
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2011, 01:00:44 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on July 06, 2011, 06:06:57 AM

+1

I've never understood how few people grasp how our legal system actually works.  The benefits of giving an innocent person a chance are worth the occasional sick psycho that gets off.

Right. Because we know it's better for that sick psycho to get off so she can destroy another life or kill again. I'm sorry.. That's not a fair trade. Our law system is duly broken. It's our human frailty and all, but its a sincere dark tragedy. True Justice was needed in this case.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2011, 01:43:56 PM »

Quote from: PR_GMR on July 06, 2011, 01:00:44 PM

+1

Right. Because we know it's better for that sick psycho to get off so she can destroy another life or kill again. I'm sorry.. That's not a fair trade. Our law system is duly broken. It's our human frailty and all, but its a sincere dark tragedy. True Justice was needed in this case.

True Justice is not the same as legal justice, and it shouldn't be.  You're passionately angry right now (as am I, as is most of America), which is exactly why the legal system is set up the way it is.  Otherwise, we'd be back to lynch mobs.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Mr. Fed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2011, 02:51:55 PM »

+1

What would a non-broken system look like -- other than producing convictions when you have personally concluded that the defendant was guilty?

PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2011, 03:13:21 PM »

Quote from: Mr. Fed on July 06, 2011, 02:51:55 PM

+1

What would a non-broken system look like -- other than producing convictions when you have personally concluded that the defendant was guilty?

I don't know. Maybe something like in 'Minority Report', where law enforcement can see crimes before they're committed. There's no win-win in this type of debate. All I know is there was no justice for that little girl.
Mr. Fed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2011, 03:30:58 PM »

Quote from: PR_GMR on July 06, 2011, 03:13:21 PM

I don't know. Maybe something like in 'Minority Report', where law enforcement can see crimes before they're committed. There's no win-win in this type of debate. All I know is there was no justice for that little girl.

Would it be more just if somebody were convicted for killing the little girl, even if proof beyond a reasonable doubt was lacking?

raydude

SPICE! Nomnomnomnom

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2011, 03:40:24 PM »

Quote from: Mr. Fed on July 06, 2011, 03:30:58 PM

Quote from: PR_GMR on July 06, 2011, 03:13:21 PM

Would it be more just if somebody were convicted for killing the little girl, even if proof beyond a reasonable doubt was lacking?

Didn't the prosecution also state that they wanted to go for the death penalty if Casey was convicted? I don't know about you but I want better proof than what was shown if someone was going to be convicted to die. Turning it around, I would want to see a direct link between me and the murder if I was on trial w/ the death penalty in play.

A Pew Research Center poll found nearly half of Americans hold the false belief that TARP was passed under President Obama, while only 34 percent know it originated under Bush.
"Oh yeah?" Bush replied. "50% of the people were wrong."
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: