http://gamingtrend.com
July 29, 2014, 09:35:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [NBC]Southland  (Read 2611 times)
Blackjack
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2011, 05:24:03 PM »

I was a fan but really haven't watched it much this season -- I don't even know what day or time it's on any more. I'm skeptical TNT will renew it as the ratings seemed to remain pretty low, even for basic cable.

While more traditionally filmed (not with handi-cams), Fox's Chicago Code has caught my attention this year (Mondays I believe?) and I've been enjoying that even if it's not on the same intensity levels as the show creator's predecessor (The Shield on FX).

I would say with just about any cop show that has some serialized (rather than self contained each episode) storylines, you've usually got to stick it out for a while to appreciate it. Though that's not something TV viewers necessarily want to do, or that networks have patience for.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 05:26:11 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
vizionblind

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2011, 06:53:50 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on April 22, 2011, 05:24:03 PM

I was a fan but really haven't watched it much this season -- I don't even know what day or time it's on any more. I'm skeptical TNT will renew it as the ratings seemed to remain pretty low, even for basic cable.

While more traditionally filmed (not with handi-cams), Fox's Chicago Code has caught my attention this year (Mondays I believe?) and I've been enjoying that even if it's not on the same intensity levels as the show creator's predecessor (The Shield on FX).

I would say with just about any cop show that has some serialized (rather than self contained each episode) storylines, you've usually got to stick it out for a while to appreciate it. Though that's not something TV viewers necessarily want to do, or that networks have patience for.
they already announced it is renewed
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2012, 12:06:46 AM »

It's BACK!!!  The end of last night's premiere kind of came out of the blue but was pretty riveting.

This season they added Lucy Liu (woot!) but also Lou Diamond Phillips (opposite of woot).  The minor twist for Lucy Liu's character was pretty cool and shocking in its own way.

Oh, and cheers for the shameless pandering to the gay audience - Shawn Hatosy is looking FINE and I've always had a crush on Michael Cuddly-itz.  Looks like they've been working out in the summer to show some skin.
theohall

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2012, 01:59:36 AM »

They are going to force me into being a pirate in order to see the first episode from this season.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2013, 03:13:21 AM »

Southland had some great episodes late this season, imho, at times veering into Breaking Bad levels of intensity. Tonight's finale definitely felt like a series finale, though it's not clear yet whether TNT will cancel or renew.

I enjoyed seeing Tom Everett Scott's season 1-2 character return (Regina King's 1st partner), though it's uncertain if he's romance material or basically a nanny for her baby.

Ben McKenzie is in a CBS pilot for a show by The Mentalist's creator. So if that got picked up, he'd presumably be unavailable for Southland.

If Southland gets another season, I'd love to see the Ben and Cooper characters reunited as partners. This season basically broke both characters in emotional, tragic (and in Ben's case, corrupt) ways. I think it'd be compelling to see them help each other, rather than keep giving Cooper a new guest partner each season.

Nice recap with comments from cast at:
http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/04/17/southland-season-five-finale-preview/
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 12:52:55 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: