http://gamingtrend.com
October 23, 2014, 02:13:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [NBC]Heroes Reborn  (Read 320 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: February 23, 2014, 11:36:35 AM »

Heroes is returning in 2015 with 13 new episodes in a completely new story arc

DoG

NBC will air a 13-episode Heroes miniseries entitled Heroes Reborn in 2015...

If you wished for a Heroes revival when you blew out the candles on your last birthday cake, then well done you, it's happening. NBC has announced thirteen brand new episodes of the Tim Kring-created superpowered series are due to air as an 'event miniseries' in 2015.

Kring is back in the producer's seat for revived series, Heroes Reborn, which is being sold as a standalone story arc in the pattern of Fox's soon-to-air 24: Live Another Day resurrection. A digital series will launch prior to the Heroes Reborn premiere to introduce the new plotlines and characters, we're told.

NBC Entertainment President Jenny Salke's peppy official statement looks forward to "all the new textures and layers Tim plans to add to his original concept" and "won't rule out the possibility of some of the show's original cast members popping back in." Er, hooray?

Teaser trailer in the link(that shows f**k all)

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 12:10:52 PM »

Heroes might be the worst managed, worst curated show I've ever seen.  A serialized story with characters that would completely change major personality traits every three episodes, with absolutely no plot explanation for any of it.

I can't imagine what it was like for the actor who played Nathan Petrelli -- he had to ping-pong between playing a power-crazed megalomaniac, a repentant altruist, and a befuddled nihilist so many times, it's amazing the man didn't wind up on anti-psychotics.

And that's not even including the way their superpowers would completely change based on the immediate needs of the plot.  Remember that major plot point from two episodes ago about the shapeshifter who can't morph his clothes so he always has to keep differently sized outfits around?  Bad news: the writers don't, so now his clothes just magically change along with him.  Don't think about it too long though, or you'll miss out on the other nine eight wild inconsistencies from within the last three weeks.

-Autistic Angel
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 12:19:00 PM »

Heroes was just poorly written overall. This is one of those few TV series I just walked away from after watching two or three seasons (I no longer remember which) and never looked back.
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 02:04:44 PM »

The first season of Heroes was pretty good and showed a lot of promise.  In season two, they didnt just jump the shark, they jumped an orca.  Ive never seen a show go from good to horrible so fast.  Hopefully they've learned from that. 

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2014, 08:59:29 PM »

They should have just "dropped the mic" after the first season and walked away.
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2014, 12:38:35 AM »

I hope they make Sylar insane one episode, misunderstood the next, a hero in a few and then  he turns into a shrub for the finale.  After the original run, I'm pretty sure the audience would just shrug and collectively sigh, "That sounds about right."

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2014, 01:52:16 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on February 24, 2014, 12:38:35 AM

I hope they make Sylar insane one episode, misunderstood the next, a hero in a few and then  he turns into a shrub for the finale.  After the original run, I'm pretty sure the audience would just shrug and collectively sigh, "That sounds about right."

I hope that all happens in the same episode. 

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2014, 01:56:12 PM »

They should just go with the only saving grace the show had after the first season:

Ali Larter in yoga pants.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2014, 03:55:07 PM »

When Sylar survived I was pretty much done with Heroes.  Season 2 had some redeeming qualities, but they lost me for season 3 & 4

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2014, 06:40:32 PM »

I've never seen a show turn on a dime like Heroes did after that first season.  The writer's strike certainly didn't help, but damn.

Hopefully they can learn from their mistakes, but I'm not going to hold my breath.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2014, 08:13:56 PM »

I like that it's a standalone series and limited episode count.  Hopefully the entire series will be plotted out episode by episode prior to shooting.  Theoretically this should make it much easier to be consistent, which for whatever reason seems to clearly be one of the most difficult things in an ongoing TV series.

And as much as I'm a sucker for cast continuity, in this case it would probably be best to start fresh with a new cast and characters to hopefully make us all forget about the horribleness of the last season.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: