http://gamingtrend.com
December 19, 2014, 06:46:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Music] Rob Zombie - Educated Horses  (Read 868 times)
GGMark
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: March 28, 2006, 03:06:27 PM »

Release today.  Anyone else a fan and plan on picking it up?  I am just waiting on the call for KH II , to head out and pick that up and this album.  I been a Zombie fan since before la Sexcorcisto.

Saw em at a club here in detroit area, there were something like 50 people in this huge venue.  I remember because of the old Bassist Sean yseult, the chick with the hair, and they played Gambler, and Barracuda.  We were sitting in the back, and I was looked at my buddy I was with.  " Is that GAMBLER!?"  And sure as hell it was.

Anyways.  I am looking forward to some new zombie music.  not to happy with the single they released for radio play, lets hope that the rest of the album is better...smile
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 03:29:14 PM »

IN!

Always thought Zombie's music was a lot of fun.

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 05:01:04 PM »

Can't say I'm a big fan, but I saw White Zombie open for Pantera way back in 92/93... got their autographs and everything.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 06:20:49 PM »

I was thinking about Zombie just this week. I wondered where him and Powerman 5000 had gone. Then yesterday I hear on the radio that PM5K is going to be playing somewhere. Then today this thread.

Long live the redneck rocker.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 06:23:45 PM »

Quote from: "Daehawk"
I was thinking about Zombie just this week. I wondered where him and Powerman 5000 had gone.

My best friend's boyfriend's band played with Powerman 5000 about a month and a half ago...I didn't go, because last time I went to that venue I had my car broken into, but yeah, apparently Powerman 5000 still thinks they're kings of rock royalty, or something.

I saw a Rob Zombie video on like, VH1, I think.  I was surprised.  Let us know how you like the album, guys.

TheMissingLink on PSN
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2006, 07:12:17 PM »

i'm thinking about picking it up today...only $9.99 at BestBuy and CircuitCity this week.  BB had the entire album available for listening on their website last week and i thought it was pretty good Cool

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2006, 01:35:41 AM »

Listned to the first 5 songs and like what I've heard so far.

There doesn't seem like there's 800 layers of samples and I think it's a bit toned down but sounds really good. You won't confuse it with Clay Aiken (sorry Lockdown) but it is a bit different from the usual.

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
GGMark

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2006, 01:40:15 AM »

it is different in some ways from his earlier stuff, thats for sure.  but I do like it.  i think I like Foxy Foxy, the least.  Some of the songs remind me of older tunes.  And some just have the new metal-a-billy thing he has going on.

John 5, is the guitarist now.  X Manson guitarist, and also from michigan..smile
hitbyambulance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2006, 06:57:48 AM »

Rob Zombie just turned 40 in January...
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2006, 08:24:51 AM »

i picked it up this afternoon and have listened all the way through a couple times...pretty good overall.  it's definitely a little more toned down, but most of the songs manage get a groove going that works well.  he picks up the pace and kicks some as with 'Let It All Bleed Out' though

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
GGMark

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2006, 03:17:53 PM »

I jsut saw the Tee at the mall the other day, with the old White Zombie round logo.  Instead of saying White Zombie, it said 20 years of Zombie.  WOW, normally stuff like that dont make me feel old....Phew.  That did it though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: