http://gamingtrend.com
November 21, 2014, 10:38:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Music] 3 Inches Of Blood  (Read 1079 times)
Loomi
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: October 28, 2004, 01:54:04 PM »

Anyone out there listen to these guys?  I happened to hear them on Music Choice and knew I had to have the album.  A throwback to 80's metal, these guys will take you back to the glory days of tight acid-washed black jeans(don't forget the comb in the back pocket).  

A couple reviews of the new album can be found here and here.

You can hear a couple tracks on the official site.

XBL Gamertag: Loomi 360
Torfish
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2004, 03:34:02 PM »

Hmmm... sounds good.  I will pick it up today, if my local music store has it.  Terrible band name in my opinion.    Just like 'Lamb of God'.  They are awesome and their latest CD rules all.  But the 'Lamb of God' name turns off a lot of people.

Thanks for the recommendation!
Loomi
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2004, 07:34:55 PM »

I agree, the new Lamb of God is fantastic.  

In what way do you think the name turns people off?

hepcat
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2004, 08:25:53 PM »

Quote from: "Loomi"
Anyone out there listen to these guys?  I happened to hear them on Music Choice and knew I had to have the album.  A throwback to 80's metal, these guys will take you back to the glory days of tight acid-washed black jeans(don't forget the comb in the back pocket).  

i've been trying to FORGET those days, thank you very much.

:wink:

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2004, 09:41:40 PM »

Not a big fan of Lamb of God myself. I have "New American Gospel" but don't care for the new stuff enough to pick up the CD.

I've been enjoying the new Killswitch Engage though. That's some good stuff.

And Green Day. Can't forget American Idiot.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Torfish
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2004, 04:31:36 PM »

I bought the 3 Inches of Blood CD.  It is good.  Thanks for the recommendation.  I very much like the theme of each song, ancient medieval themes.  Many of the songs I wouldn't compare to old 80's metal.  Though there is one song that sounds like old Maiden and one song that reminds me of old 'kill em all' metallica.  The singer is the weak link of the band, but he could grow on me as I listen more.

The Lamb of God CD released recently is one of the best metal CDs I've heard in a long time.  Their previous releases don't hold a candle to their new one.  Night and day really.

The new Megadeth is good too.  Can't wait to see them in concert again.  Their last tour (a few years ago) was one of my favorite concerts ever, even though it was in a small club.  And I've been to well over 100 metal shows in the last 18 years.  Highly recommend checking them out live.
Crusis

Horror hack extraordinaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2004, 05:46:51 PM »

UGH!!  That singer is sort of like fingernails on chalkboard to me.  The music is good ... and this from a guy who's favorite band is Opeth with a growler for lead vocals (ok half growling, half mellow).

I'm an old school metaler from the 80's and refuse to grow up, 36 years old and I have been to these concerts already this year.

Opeth / Moonspell - Lamentations tour!
Nightwish
Queensryche (3 weeks ago)
Dream Theater

-Crusis

I get paid to write books. It's a thing. http://timothywlong.com
Loomi
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2004, 03:30:04 PM »

I don't know what it is, but I have a thing for falsetto singing.  It just cracks me up.  

Speaking of old school, I'm going to see 3 Inches of Blood with Metal Church when they come here in two weeks.  smile

Crusis

Horror hack extraordinaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2004, 09:16:37 PM »

Some parts of the singing remind me of Dani from Cradle of Filth (like a chipmunk on Meth) and at other times he reminds me of King diamond and OR the guy from Crimson Glory.  

The vocals are growing on me, heh!

-Crusis

I get paid to write books. It's a thing. http://timothywlong.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: