http://gamingtrend.com
September 01, 2014, 02:22:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [movies] White House Down vs Olympus Has Fallen  (Read 295 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: March 27, 2013, 06:09:44 PM »

White House Down trailer, opens June 28, 2013.

Emmerich blows up DC again.

Olympus Has Fallen trailer, out right now.

Die Hard in the White House!

not sure if they planned this, but it looks like a tough year to be President biggrin

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Blackjack
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 03:22:19 PM »

These movies prove my point that the only "acceptable" movie villains now are The North Koreans (see Olympus), the Mexican Drug Cartel (see Arnie's dreadful "comeback" film), internal/domestic terrorists (see Down, or Skyfall), space Aliens (Avengers) or Orcs (see everything LOTR/The Hobbit). That about covers it, right? OK, maybe marbled mouth villains in masks that riff on domestic terrorism (Dark Knight Rising).

From what I've read, I think I'd rather just sit through Air Force One again, even if that 1997 film's CGI plane crash finale looks even more awful than it did in 1997.  icon_razz Even if not set in the White House, I think it's more fun to have the President Kicking Ass, then being dragged around by a Heroic Secret Service agent for 2 hours.

I laughed out loud during an Olympus trailer where Butler is in front of the White House entrance yelling at about 17 Secret Service agents to "get down," and they of course all stand in one place in the open and frantically fire their weapons. It was like the battle scenes late in Captain America.  icon_razz

"Waiting for orders, SIR!"
"Stand around in the open, fire aimlessly in random directions. Pray you don't get hit! Make a tidy target for RPGs and hand grenades!"
"Yes SIR!"  retard
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 03:32:12 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Halfway (sci-fi, turn-based squad strategy)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: