http://gamingtrend.com
December 25, 2014, 05:08:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [movie] Captain America: The Winter Soldier confirmed  (Read 10509 times)
Blackjack
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 09, 2014, 07:09:52 PM »

Among the High Price Action Figures:
http://marvel.com/news/toys/2014/4/9/22290/collect_your_own_captain_america_with_these_exclusive_figures_from_hot_toys
The 1/6th scale Steve Rogers Collectible Figure specially features:
-Newly developed head sculpt with authentic and detailed likeness of Chris Evans as Steve Rogers in his civilian outfit in Marvelís Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Captain America: The Winter Soldier Figure from Hot Toys
CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER FIGURE FROM HOT TOYS

-Movie-accurate facial expression with detailed wrinkles and skin texture
-Body with over 30 points of articulations
-Approximately 31 cm tall
-Four pairs of interchangeable palms including:
-One pair of relaxed palms
-One pair of fists
-One pair of palms for holding shield
-One pair of open palms
-Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted
Gotta have them interchangeable palms...  icon_smile

http://www.hottoys.com.hk/productDetail.php?productID=231

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 09, 2014, 08:53:16 PM »

If I can take his clothes off I'm IN.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 10, 2014, 08:23:28 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on April 09, 2014, 08:53:16 PM

If I can take his clothes off I'm IN.
Probabably you'd need scissors.  icon_lol

These figures below based on the movie cast range in price from $189.99 (Natasha) to $239.99 (Winter Soldier), $219.99 for "stealth" Cap, and $339.99 for a dual-set of "stealth" Cap/Steve:

1/6 scale CA: TWS movie action figures
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/characters/captain-america/

Sideshow plans to issue some 1/4 scale figures soon too, though it doesn't sound like they're cheaper. They're generally limited to 1500, something like that and hard core collectors seem to just order them all the moment they're available, anywho.

Upcoming are some 1:4 ratio statues, alas even more crazy expensive ($399) by a different company, Gentle Giant:

Stealth Cap:
http://www.gentlegiantltd.com/product_p/80392.htm

Black Widow: (for some reason she has a massive sniper rifle w/ silencer, rather than dual pistols  confused)
http://www.gentlegiantltd.com/product_p/80391.htm

Now I know why I'm not into premium action figures or statues. Not the geek factor (hey I saw Cap 2 four times, I'm aready hopeless  icon_smile), I'd just rather spend that much money on food or games or a console, or maybe see Cap 2 in IMAX 20 more times.   retard

Still kinda fun to look at anyway.
=========================
Seen some cool spoileriffic interviews with the Russos (directors) and writers (Marcus and McFeely) on the movie and some murky thoughts on what to pursue for Cap 3. I'll refrain from blabber on that [even in spoiler code] for a while.

It's funny -- the whole Cap-Agents of SHIELD angle stuff has forced so many blogs/sites to stick SPOILERS in big red letters about anything remotely to do with either. One Joss Whedon fan news site pretty much had to do that for every post the last couple of days.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 08:29:19 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 10, 2014, 08:34:00 PM »

Did Scarlett Johansson spend the entire movie looking like she'd lost a battle with a can of spray tan, or is it just me.  She looked oddly orange throughout the entire film.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 10, 2014, 09:43:39 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on April 10, 2014, 08:34:00 PM

Did Scarlett Johansson spend the entire movie looking like she'd lost a battle with a can of spray tan, or is it just me.  She looked oddly orange throughout the entire film.
I think you're confusing her skin with her hair?  icon_smile I hope you enjoyed the movie when you weren't muttering, "Why does she look like a bottle of Orangina???"  Fabulous

What struck me, even on repeated viewings, is Cap looks strangely, sickly pale when he.... (I won't assume folks have seen movie yet)
Spoiler for Hiden:
first struts out in the WWII era Cap outfit. Maybe they just filmed it at a time when Evans hadn't been in the sun for a while.  icon_smile
Keeping in mind that sickly pale is my natural state of being so it's an observation, not a criticism.  icon_smile
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 10:10:28 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Suitably Ironic Moniker

WAKKA-WAKKA-WAKKA!!!

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: April 11, 2014, 05:26:59 AM »

The way they dyed his hair and eyebrows, he looked oddly washed out.

Patriotism means being loyal to your country all the time and to its government when it deserves it - Mark Twain

3ds friend code: 0001-3352-7186
SkyLander

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 11, 2014, 06:06:45 AM »

Quote from: hepcat on April 10, 2014, 08:34:00 PM

Did Scarlett Johansson spend the entire movie looking like she'd lost a battle with a can of spray tan, or is it just me.  She looked oddly orange throughout the entire film.

My wife pointed this out too, she was saying her makeup didn't go with the red hair very well.

Pretty....what do we blow up first?
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 11, 2014, 01:05:42 PM »

This discussion shows you guys are more hopeless than I am. I didn't think that was possible. icon_lol

btw, go see Captain America: The Winter Soldier again this weekend (or for the first time if you haven't). Don't let the Rio 2 bastards win!  icon_razz It probably will win, in spite of meh reviews, because parents are so starved for anything they can take their kids to.

"Hmmm, Cap 2, what's the body count in that? Ohhhh. Plus Black Widow looks like someone put Tang on her face, and Cap looks like an albino? That might scar the kids for life."
"How about Nymphomaniac 2, is that about a talking Praying Mantis? No? It's about what? Oh dear..."
"What about the animated film with the talking Fruit Loops Touchans? Some animals get eaten? But it's for laughs. OK, maybe that one."

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 11, 2014, 01:14:44 PM »

Nymphomaniac Vol. I in 3D and IMAX.

"THAT PENIS IS COMING RIGHT AT US!"

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: April 11, 2014, 04:07:20 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on April 11, 2014, 01:14:44 PM

Nymphomaniac Vol. I in 3D and IMAX.

"THAT PENIS IS COMING RIGHT AT US!"

nope, not gonna make the obvious joke here, no matter how easy it would be.

rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 11, 2014, 04:39:54 PM »

Quote from: Suitably Ironic Moniker on April 11, 2014, 05:26:59 AM

The way they dyed his hair and eyebrows, he looked oddly washed out.

I think they put too much makeup on him, his face looked too girly/pretty at times.  I wonder if some newer movies are being filmed in 4k so they are still working out how to get the makeup to look right, similar to what happened with HD.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 11, 2014, 04:50:33 PM »

Speaking of makeup, learned this interesting tidbit from listening to an Empire (UK) magazine podcast interview with the directors (Russos). Not a mega spoiler but probably don't view this unless you've seen Cap 2.
Spoiler for Hiden:
As with "Skinny Steve" in the first Cap movie, they used almost entirely digital FX for the scene with Hayley Atwell in the retirement home.

If you recall, they used a then new FX technique that "shank" Evans' body both in weight and height. So it's not like pasting a real head on a digitized body, it's more like digitally shrinking someone's actual body on screen. It's commonly used in commercials now -- you may see a head inflated to giant size, a baby digitally inflated to adult size, etc.

So apparently in Cap 2 they digitally aged Atwell's face. To me that's still kind of guess work as to what she'd look like at about age 98 (she was 27-28 when doing Cap 1 and when it released), though it does look different than aging makeup.

They said they were concerned aging prosthetics would just look too much like an obvious makeup effect.

I had read the original concept was Peggy Carter would still be active, working at a retirement home for military veterans, so I was kind of surprised when she was bedridden in Cap 2. I thought maybe they'd finally get to have that dance, albeit a bit on the slow side.  icon_smile
fwiw, it's up to about $113+M domestically and at least $207M in foreign markets (box office tracker sites don't track the foreign numbers in "real time" so numbers haven't been updated for a couple weeks now).
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 05:03:22 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 12, 2014, 02:42:53 PM »

Aw, my mom (78) has some ribcage pains, and doctor put her on some heavy duty Tylenol so no taking her to see Cap 2 today.  icon_frown

I'm torn between seeing it a 5th time, or the Raid 2 (I may invite a former co-worker down from Maryland to see it with me; we had caught The Raid in D.C. in 2012) or that horror movie Oculus. Hmmmm... sounds like a GT forums poll, right? Doesn't even have a Saw sequel in it.  icon_razz

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 12, 2014, 05:59:10 PM »

5 times???  My god man, why not just see it twice and use the other 30 bucks to buy the blu ray when it comes out?

I think I've seen one movie twice in the theaters in the past 20 years.  Brick, and only because the dialog in that film is so freakin' fantastic I wanted to make sure I caught it all.

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 12, 2014, 06:37:03 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on April 12, 2014, 05:59:10 PM

5 times???  My god man, why not just see it twice and use the other 30 bucks to buy the blu ray when it comes out?

I think I've seen one movie twice in the theaters in the past 20 years.  Brick, and only because the dialog in that film is so freakin' fantastic I wanted to make sure I caught it all.
I don't have BluRay and as mentioned earlier, I actually enjoy catching movies on a large screen in theaters, which is ya know, the idea of movies as opposed to TV. Although now that Cox is screening Game of Thrones at movie theaters, maybe that whole idea is backwards now.  icon_razz Though I'll grant people aren't really into a movie as much after it's been out for a week.

More often than not these days I find myself buying DVDs or asking for stuff on disc, and I never even watch them. I don't care if folks have a 90" big screen and rocking chairs at home, it's just not the same experience as in a theater opening day/weekend. I try not to argue the point anymore cause I don't really care how other people want to consume their media.

And being as probably everybody here spends hundreds of dollars a year on gaming in all forms, please begrudge me a few dozen dollars for a movie and characters I love.  Bring your own! I guess I don't have anything more to say on this topic anyway, now that the only discussion is on skin complexion.  icon_razz

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 13, 2014, 10:06:26 PM »

You're right, of course.  It's not anyone's place to tell you how to enjoy life.  Mea culpa.

Quote from: Blackjack on April 12, 2014, 06:37:03 PM

And being as probably everybody here spends hundreds of dollars a year on gaming in all forms, please begrudge me

Wait...you DO want people to say you're wrong?   icon_razz
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 12:07:11 AM by hepcat » Logged

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #176 on: April 15, 2014, 05:06:44 PM »

It's also how we can tell how good the movie is on the BlackJack Scale. 
1 viewing = Meh
2 viewings = It's 'ok'
3 viewings = go see this
4 viewings = I enjoyed this movie
5 viewings = awesome, movie-of-the-year material

Crusis

Horror hack extraordinaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #177 on: April 16, 2014, 01:46:21 AM »

I'm a huge fan of Marvel movies. For some reason I came away from this one thinking it was good, but not on the same level of The Avengers. Still, it was a helluva fun movie. I took my daughter to a 3D screening. Is it just me or have 3D films improved?

I get paid to write books. It's a thing. http://timothywlong.com
SkyLander

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 17, 2014, 03:41:12 AM »

To me the 3D in this movie was utterly horrible. Saving grace was that I liked the movie enough to get passed the 3D for most of it. Everyone that I went with pretty much agreed with me. It seemed like there were times where they tried to do tricks with the blur and bring into focus different things, with 3D the whole frame just became blurry. Most of the quick cuts/shaky cam fights were a blurry mess to me. I also left the movie with a pounding headache. Nothing has come close to Avatar in doing 3D well. Hence why I usually avoid it like the plague, only reason I went to this in 3D was that my boss was taking everyone out and I wanted to go to the new imax theater that opened up here. The imax screen is great and I loved the sound to bad every movie in that theater is going to be 3d so this is probably the last movie I will see in it.

Pretty....what do we blow up first?
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 17, 2014, 02:25:49 PM »

I've come to a point where 3D has become more of a deterrent for me when choosing a showtime.  It usually costs almost twice the non-3D version and it's so rarely used effectively (at least in my opinion) that I come out of the theater forgetting that I was actually watching a 3D movie. 

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: April 17, 2014, 02:39:08 PM »

I've only seen Avatar in 3D and that should be enough of a sign of how little I enjoy them. 

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 17, 2014, 03:05:23 PM »

Quote from: SkyLander on April 17, 2014, 03:41:12 AM

To me the 3D in this movie was utterly horrible. Saving grace was that I liked the movie enough to get passed the 3D for most of it. Everyone that I went with pretty much agreed with me. It seemed like there were times where they tried to do tricks with the blur and bring into focus different things, with 3D the whole frame just became blurry. Most of the quick cuts/shaky cam fights were a blurry mess to me. I also left the movie with a pounding headache. Nothing has come close to Avatar in doing 3D well. Hence why I usually avoid it like the plague, only reason I went to this in 3D was that my boss was taking everyone out and I wanted to go to the new imax theater that opened up here. The imax screen is great and I loved the sound to bad every movie in that theater is going to be 3d so this is probably the last movie I will see in it.

This movie was done with faked post-processed 3d.  Pretty much any time I hate 3d in a movie, it's because it was fake 3d.  If the movie is actually filmed in 3d (or if it's a CGI movie that can still do it natively) I usually like the 3d or at least find it unintrusive.

I always check realorfake3d.com before seeing a 3d movie, but you can hardly expect the average viewer to make that effort.  Most people will just see crappily done 3d and make the same natural conclusion you did and avoid even well done 3d movies.
Crusis

Horror hack extraordinaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: April 17, 2014, 03:42:25 PM »

Maybe the theater upgraded the screen and or projector. I was getting so sick of half-assed 3D but this was almost as good as Avatar. The funny thing is I wanted to see it in good old 2D but I picked the wrong time and would have had to wait an hour.

I get paid to write books. It's a thing. http://timothywlong.com
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 17, 2014, 03:46:39 PM »

Quote from: Crusis on April 17, 2014, 03:42:25 PM

Maybe the theater upgraded the screen and or projector. I was getting so sick of half-assed 3D but this was almost as good as Avatar. The funny thing is I wanted to see it in good old 2D but I picked the wrong time and would have had to wait an hour.

It also depends what you're comparing it to.  Older fake 3d gave me the feeling of a pop-up diorama with noticeable layers of depth, and Winter Soldier didn't give me that feeling.  So that's definitely an improvement.  And my biggest issue with the Winter Soldier 3d was during the shakeycam fight sequences, so it's also possible it was the shakeycam I hated, or the combination of shakeycam and fake 3d. 
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 27, 2014, 03:20:55 PM »

Saw this yesterday and really enjoyed it.  Just amazing action and really enjoyable movie.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 10, 2014, 12:47:33 PM »

My mom's feeling a bit better and was finally game today to see an early afternoon show.  Bring your own! And it's actually been long enough since my last viewing I might've forgotten some things.  icon_razz

I'm afraid it's really not on any nice size screens around here anymore so we'll be seeing it on a relatively tiny, non-3D screen (which is fine -- will be my first 2D experience of this at least). Think it'll be the same screen we saw American Hustle after it had been out for quite some time. For me the one thing I appreciate about 3D when attending films with my mom is she always wants to sit near the back of the theater and 3D glasses sort of artifically make me feel like I'm still close to the screen. Though really in a auditorium as small as the one we're attending, maybe that doesn't matter much.

I think regardless of whether she follows the twists and turns of Cap 2, she'll enjoy the characters and set pieces and stuff. And unlike American Hustle (which I found as hard to follow at times as she did), I know and love the story and characters enough to patiently explain it and refresh her memories of the first if she needs me to.  icon_smile She loved the first movie as much as I, it just isn't fresh in her memory.
=======================

What makes me curious about the ending is (trying to be sensitive to folks holding out for the BluRay release later):
Spoiler for Hiden:
Wouldn't the Avengers: Age of Ultron events happen before Cap and Falcon can go searching for Bucky/Winter Soldier?

I mean, I dig the ending has this propulsive, "oh boy, what happens next!" feel.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 12:59:50 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 11, 2014, 02:11:36 PM »

So it was a far larger screen than I expected  Bring your own! (part of the small Angelika chain), and my mom loved it. icon_smile She's a bit child-like when she enjoys this type of movie so I saw her do a little clapping, cheering and fist pumping on occasion. I explained the mid-credits extra scene.

I explained when I could, though she professed later to missing a couple plot points while overall being delighted with it.

All this time after release a few folks in the audience were still surprised by the Bucky "reveal." I tried to refresh my mom's memory of the first film over lunch before. She said she was a bit tired and to consider the outing our Mother's Day outing, though I still got stuff for her today. That's the end of the Momma's Boy report.  icon_smile

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 11, 2014, 05:06:18 PM »

fwiw, I went ahead and got this in standard def on iTunes and watched it on my iPad Air last night. I only planned to watch a little but still watched it all the way through.  icon_smile I will say I had more unadulterated fun with Guardians of the Galaxy (saw 3 times) -- but I feel really invested in Cap's characters. While it's been a really erratic movie year, I'm still fondest of those two. I hope to rent Godzilla soon.

I will belatedly agree that Black Widow's complexion looks a bit weird at times -- I think this is more a lighting decision than Scarlett needing to visit a tanning salon.  icon_razz And I still find it weird that Chris Evans suddenly seems to have this almost greyish complexion late in the movie when he makes a clothing switch. What's up with that? Doesn't bother me -- just maybe jumped out at me more when watching this on my iPad close up.  icon_smile

The Russo brothers said they're over the moon happy with the script for Cap 3, and that fans would be ecstatic when they can finally reveal the movie title on that. It's supposed to be soonTM.

I know the Red Skull's not returning (Hugo Weaving has said in interviews he wasn't really pleased with his character in Cap 1, doubt he'd re-up). Maybe M.O.D.O.K. and AIM? I mean, I assume Winter Soldier and Crossbones (Rumlow) will be in 3, just if the title is supposed to make us fans tickle, I'd think it'd have to be something bigger and something connected to the comic's longtime history.

Evans has clarified in interviews he's still very happy playing the character, and told an interviewer, don't be so quick to assume Steve Rogers would be killed off due to Evans' 6-movie Marvel deal or wanting to follow comics scribe Brubaker's storylines. Even if that were to happen, it would seem more likely to happen in an Avengers 3 (due out after Cap 3). Maybe he'd be more like a MLB free agent and after his long term contract runs out would want to go "one movie at a time" after that, as seems to be the case with Downey Jr. now.

btw, the Russo brothers and supposedly Joe Johnston (Cap 1 director) are supposed to direct some episodes of the Agent Carter TV series. Johnston's under contract for one more Marvel production, and I wonder if directing one TV episode would fulfill that?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 05:09:14 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: