http://gamingtrend.com
October 01, 2014, 10:33:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [movie] Captain America: The Winter Soldier confirmed  (Read 8801 times)
Blackjack
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: July 15, 2012, 04:12:36 AM »

Damnation! Confirmed at Comic-Con:

Comic-Con: Marvel Unveils THOR: THE DARK WORLD, CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER, GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, ANT-MAN Test Footage
http://collider.com/comic-con-marvel-ant-man-guardians-galaxy/180531/
Iron Man 3 (May 3, 2013)
Thor: The Dark World (November 8, 2013)
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (April 4, 2014)
Guardians of the Galaxy (August 1, 2014)

For fans of the comics, the subtitle “The Winter Soldier” should provide a hint as to where the Captain America sequel will go.  The title is a reference to a comics storyline that will find Bucky Barnes (Sebastian Stan) taking an integral role.
I'm stunned from the standpoint that Captain America director Joe Johnston is still under contract to do one more Marvel film and the Winter Soldier storyline was the only Marvel property he expressed interest in also tackling. I could see him turning down Cap 2 from the standpoint of needing a break to do other things; but from the interviews I'd read with him last year, the Winter Soldier storyline would've been the one thing he'd have wanted to jump on.

So I remain puzzled why the creators of NBC's Community got the nod for this. I'll have to assume Feige and Co. know something I don't.  icon_smile
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 04:15:20 AM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 04:33:49 AM »

Don't forget Ant Man also confirmed

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 09:11:39 PM »

they're casting The Falcon.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 12:26:18 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on July 16, 2012, 09:11:39 PM

Mackie was in The Hurt Locker alongside Jeremy Renner (Hawkeye), so I wonder if Mackie caught their eye when casting Renner.

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 03:38:40 AM »

From Collider...

Director Anthony Russo Talks About Tone and WWII Flashbacks in CAPTAIN AMERICA: WINTER SOLDIER

http://collider.com/captain-america-2-sequel-plot-details/183368/#more-183368
It's pretty vague, as you might guess, this early in the process.
“Certainly Cap has this complicated history. We’re making the movie for first-time viewers, not just for fans, so, because Cap does have this complicated history — he was this skinny guy who became a super-soldier, he was born back then and he’s living [now] — in the storytelling, you need to convey that to an audience who doesn’t know Cap’s story.”

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 03:29:04 PM »

Huffington Post report with some different Q&A stuff from the same event:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/24/captain-america-sequel-winter-soldier_n_1700220.html
What do you think it was that landed you such a big project like "Captain America"?
Well, first of all, Marvel's this incredible company that has shown in the past that they think outside the box with directors. I mean, it's shocking the people they've hired, over and over again, and they've had great success as a result. They like character, and they like storytelling and they like fun. We were surprised, but they were big fans of "Community" and you can sort of draw a line between some things we did on "Community" and a Marvel movie.

*I would like you to draw that line for me. [snap!-bj icon_razz]
Well, I think if you look at some of the big genre episodes, the paintball episodes, etc. -- there's a cinematic sensibility being explored there that is in the language of [various kinds of] films.
Where are you at in terms of production? Are you in active pre-production? Do you have a production start date?
We have a release date, April 2014. We are going to go into production early next year.

I have come around to the thinking these guys are true comic book aficionados, and that's good. Marvel's good with FX and stunt work and I'm sure will give them all the support they need on it.

While I still don't think their track record screams, "Give me a mega milllion comic book movie!" I've been repeatedly wrong about that before.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 03:35:53 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2012, 01:56:51 AM »

I bet the WW2 flashbacks will be Bucky related.

Because I can,
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2013, 08:14:36 PM »

We all know Internet "confirmations" are often wrong, but it does seem like Hayley Atwell is confirmed as Not returning in any way for The Winter Soldier.  crybaby

Hayley Atwell Will Not Return for CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER
http://collider.com/hayley-atwell-captain-america-2-sequel-winter-soldier/221225/comment-page-1/#comment-517948

The confirmation's in an interview:
http://www.timeout.com/london/feature/3475/interview-hayley-atwell-for-restless
But it was last year’s double-whammy of Golden Globe nomination for miniseries ‘The Pillars of the Earth’ and blockbuster debut as Chris Evans’s’ all-action girlfriend in ‘Captain America: the First Avenger’ that brought her to international attention. She won’t, she confirms, be back for the latter’s sequel, which moves the action into the present day.
I'm not sobbing so much as to the absence of her as appealing eye candy (they're dutifully casting another actress as Sharon Carter), but I doubt they'll find someone with her fizzy chemistry with Chris Evans, or who's reasonably believable wielding a Thompson and punching out an obnoxious recruit.  icon_smile

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2013, 01:55:24 AM »

Robert Redford?

Here is a fun Marvel scoop. I’m hearing that Robert Redford is in discussions to join the cast of Marvel’s Captain America: The Winter Soldier, the sequel that brings Chris Evans back as the shield-carrying superhero. Redford is in talks to play a senior leadership role in S.H.I.E.L.D., the superhero collective run by Samuel L. Jackson’s Nick Fury character.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2013, 07:08:04 PM »

filming is now underway:

“Captain America: The Winter Soldier” will pick-up where “Marvel’s The Avengers” left off, as Steve Rogers struggles to embrace his role in the modern world and teams up with Natasha Romanoff, a.k.a. Black Widow, to battle a powerful yet shadowy enemy in present-day Washington, D.C.

Because I can,
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2013, 08:11:57 PM »

I've read that they're going back to the suit from the Captain America movie and not using the one from the Avengers.  I was never a fan of the latter suit, so I'm good with that if it's true.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2013, 08:26:20 PM »

I hope they find a happy medium:

lose the harness look.
keep the padded cloth look.
stop stuffing a sock in his pants.
keep the pouches/holster.

lose the chest flap.
lose those stupid silver shoulder thingies.
keep the mask and top looking like they are one piece.
keep the red/white midriff like that.

Because I can,
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2013, 08:34:28 PM »

I actually prefer the chin strap, though I would make it blue.

I hate the one piece form-fitted helmet with the indented spray painted stencil wings.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2013, 08:39:02 PM »

stop stuffing a sock in his pants.

RRitchard just died a little bit...

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2013, 08:50:24 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on April 08, 2013, 08:34:28 PM

I hate the one piece form-fitted helmet with the indented spray painted stencil wings.

I could see that work, but the wings are stenciled on in either version.  kinda glad they are though since I'm thinking the wings from the comics would look kinda cheesy.

Because I can,
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2013, 09:19:28 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 08, 2013, 08:50:24 PM

I could see that work, but the wings are stenciled on in either version.  kinda glad they are though since I'm thinking the wings from the comics would look kinda cheesy.

The stenciling works in WWII, though.  Also, the new one is indented, like the stencils were left on the helmet and then padding was built around it.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2013, 09:48:17 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on April 08, 2013, 09:19:28 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on April 08, 2013, 08:50:24 PM

The stenciling works in WWII, though.  Also, the new one is indented, like the stencils were left on the helmet and then padding was built around it.

did some more looking and I did find a couple of close ups that show you're right.

I have to say I like the indented look better, the stencils make it look cheap.

Because I can,
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2013, 03:48:53 AM »

Per the press release (per CeeKay's earlier link):
Based on the ever-popular Marvel comic book series, first published in 1941, “Captain America: The Winter Soldier” features an outstanding supporting cast that includes Sebastian Stan (“Captain America: The First Avenger,” “Black Swan”) as Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier, Anthony Mackie (“The Hurt Locker,” “Million Dollar Baby”) as Sam Wilson/Falcon, Cobie Smulders (“Marvel’s The Avengers,” “How I Met Your Mother”) as Agent Maria Hill, Frank Grillo (“Zero Dark Thirty”) as Brock Rumlow and Georges St-Pierre (“Death Warrior”) as Georges Batroc. Rounding out the talented cast are Hayley Atwell (“Captain America: The First Avenger”) as Peggy Carter, Toby Jones (“Captain America: The First Avenger,” “The Hunger Games”) as Arnim Zola, Emily VanCamp (“The Ring 2,” “Revenge”) as Agent 13 and Maximiliano Hernández (“Marvel’s The Avengers,” “Thor”) as Agent Jasper Sitwell.

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/story/20435/captain_america_the_winter_soldier_begins_filming#ixzz2PvzcGdGx
Bolded is I guess not news per se, but I wasn't aware of Sam Wilson/Falcon being in it. I'm still sick Hayley Atwell's not in it as a full role; my understanding is some sort of flashback sequence rather than her in aged makeup.

Emily VanCamp you might recognize from "Brothers and Sisters" and "Revenge" on TV in recent years. Ostensibly she's the designated new Love Interest for Steve/Cap.

I haven't been paying attention enough to know if Zola's return is a big role or a cameo.

My sister-in-law finally caught this something like 1 1/2 years after release on TV at my nephew's urging, and she quite liked it. Remember -- she stomped out of Iron Man during the brief torture sequence in Afghanistan in the opening scenes. She's not too forgiving of comic book films.  icon_smile

I still question the April 4 release date. Yes, it "protects" the film from other summer blockbusters, but I still doubt you can get true summer box office in early April. Yes, the Evil Dead remake did well but $26M is not quite summer mega blockbuster material (i.e., the HS and college kids are still in school etc.).
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 03:53:33 AM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2013, 04:20:41 AM »

Quote from: Blackjack on April 09, 2013, 03:48:53 AM

Bolded is I guess not news per se, but I wasn't aware of Sam Wilson/Falcon being in it.

it was only mentioned in the third post of this thread  crybaby  icon_wink Tongue

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2013, 11:48:45 PM »

here is rumored concept art of the new look:

kinda reminds me of this one from when Steve Rogers wasn't Cap:

of course some of the classic elements are still in there.

Because I can,
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2013, 03:08:44 PM »

Isn't that just the Avengers look?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2013, 12:18:47 AM »

The Falcon without the CGI wings:

plus a new promo image:

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2013, 10:20:41 AM »

a familiar face will return..
BleedingCool.com

Spoiler for Hiden:

Speaking to Total Film for their latest issue, Dominic Cooper revealed that he’ll be filming another appearance as Howard Stark.

We’re shooting something for it… I’ve worn the costume again… it was good fun getting back into it and he’s got some very cool shades now.

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2013, 10:45:56 AM »

flashback!

Because I can,
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2013, 06:23:23 PM »

Hayley Atwell yaks a bit abouta "one shot" short they're apparently filimng to show at Comic-con and to tack onto the DVD release later....

Hayley Atwell interview
http://www.bigissue.com/features/interviews/2357/hayley-atwell-british-actresses-are-unparalleled
She reveals: “Fans of the first film really wanted to find out what happened to Peggy afterwards, so Marvel are also making a short film, which is basically ‘What Peggy Did Next’, which will be shown at Comic-Con [the annual international pop culture convention held in San Diego] and be on the DVD extras of the second film.

So as well as doing a bit in the new film, I’ve got a whole new spin-off short film. It has been great to be back in training with the stunt co-ordinators, kicking some butt again.”

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2013, 06:29:19 PM »

And a local station got some footage of shooting on location in D.C. (mostly just Evans goofing off a bit):

'Captain America' Closes Some D.C. Streets
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Captain-America-Closes-DC-Streets-207347421.html
Chris Evans, star of the upcoming "Captain America" sequel, made an appearance on the National Mall Tuesday, shooting scenes for the upcoming movie with co-stars Scarlett Johansson and Anthony Mackie.

The production underway in D.C. Tuesday is officially known only as "Freezer Burn." But that working title is associated with "Captain America: The Winter Soldier," the sequel to the 2011 blockbuster that starred Evans, took in an estimated $140 million and was a key part of the series that led to "Avengers" in 2012.

Evans was seen in sweatpants and a grey T-shirt, laughing with makeup staff and briefly doing push-ups and jumping jacks.

The production has put up tents and trailers close to the mall. At about 7 a.m., 4th Street between Jefferson and Madison streets was closed. But the closures will move through the area and could affect traffic until 10 p.m. tonight, reports News4's Megan McGrath.

The actual shooting site is expected to move around throughout the day, but several roads are closed and parking is limited. More closures are expected Thursday, according to a release from the Metropolitan Police Department. Hillyer Place NW (between Connecticut Avenue and 21st Street) and 20th Street NW (between Connecticut Avenue and Q Street) will be closed Thursday from 7 p.m. to midnight. Maryland Avenue SW will be closed from Independence Avenue to 6th Street until midnight Thursday.

The closures, however, aren't likely to keep curious fans away. In fact, signs near the production warn that anyone in the area may be photographed in the background of the movie -- and that they won't get paid for it, reported McGrath. The District seems to have a role itself in "Winter Soldier." Earlier this month, the production closed the Roosevelt Bridge briefly for shooting.

District film officials have said the bridge plays an "integral role" in the new movie.

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2013, 11:11:27 PM »

meet the Winter Soldier:

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2013, 10:47:36 AM »

I'm not 'up' on this guy,is that a silver/robot left hand he has there?

and why if he is the Winter Soldier,is he not wrapped up more for Winter? Tongue

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2013, 05:22:47 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on June 02, 2013, 10:47:36 AM

I'm not 'up' on this guy,is that a silver/robot left hand he has there?

yep.  or at least it should be.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2013, 05:28:08 PM »

Someone popping in on the adventure!

Spoiler for Hiden:
Black Widow!!

and yeah metal arm dude

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/62693

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2013, 05:35:04 PM »

Because I can,
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2013, 07:17:35 PM »

First movie was zzzzzz.

Captain America as as superhero is pretty lame. He's strong and has a shield?

Avengers movie showed just how useless he, that redhead girl and arrow boy are:

'You guys stay here and help people like a fireman or policeman could while the real superheroes save the earth!'

Meh!
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2013, 07:20:31 PM »

I have a new avatar for ATB:

icon_wink

Because I can,
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2013, 08:04:59 PM »

Quote from: ATB on June 04, 2013, 07:17:35 PM

First movie was zzzzzz.

'You guys stay here and help people like a fireman or policeman could while the real superheroes save the earth!'

Meh!

You're holding up Hawkeye as a real superhero?  At least Captain America has super strength; Hawkeye just has good aim.  He's like Batman, but with only one gadget.  Also, you're a filthy, America-hating communist pig.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2013, 09:20:50 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on June 04, 2013, 07:20:31 PM

I have a new avatar for ATB:

icon_wink

Where the fuck is ATB from?

And I am from UK,i like Captain America...put a Russian flag behind that or something,they were the one who changed the name of the movie to just 'The First Avenger'...and lets face it,they hate you guys,LOL

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2013, 09:22:27 PM »

Quote from: EddieA on June 04, 2013, 08:04:59 PM

He's like Batman, but with only one gadget.  Also, you're a filthy, America-hating communist pig.

icon_lol icon_lol icon_lol

Because I can,
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2013, 09:26:58 PM »

Quote from: EddieA on June 04, 2013, 08:04:59 PM

Quote from: ATB on June 04, 2013, 07:17:35 PM

First movie was zzzzzz.

Meh!

You're holding up Hawkeye as a real superhero?  At least Captain America has super strength; Hawkeye just has good aim.  He's like Batman, but with only one gadget.  Also, you're a filthy, America-hating communist pig.

Cap also has mad leadership skillz (although coming from the USO and not standard military, as the movie puts forth, kind of spoils that).

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2013, 10:25:26 PM »

thumbsup ATB!  icon_lol

Because I can,
Roman

XboxLive: RomyBolognaPony

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2013, 05:36:00 AM »

ATB is as Uhmerican as apple pie!

I should know because I'm Canadian!

(and he's on my facebook)

Xbox Live Gamertag: RomyBolognaPony
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2013, 11:17:06 PM »

close up shot of the WS:

(don't worry about the arm; it'll be redone with added CGI later)

Because I can,
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: